Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Let the Stars Meet the Earth (Private Artemise)

Go down

Let the Stars Meet the Earth (Private Artemise)  Empty Let the Stars Meet the Earth (Private Artemise)

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:58 pm

Sonus moved out of the coverage of the rocks, towering over her, making her feel small. Mountains... She deeply despised the tops, freezing weather making her shiver. She slowly slithered down to a pond, one with green moss, fish darting below it's surface. She was on patrol, or that's what she had told the higher ups. She wanted to get out of the city, explore like she used to. Her missions with other Diplomats of her tribe were fun, but boring. Always ending in a week, returning back to the city and empire to sit and wait. Sit and wait in isolation. She did not mind isolation, but when she could hear laughter, hatchlings crying to their mothers, voices, talking, busy city sounds. It made her feel vulnerable, not belonging. Her long talons upon her enormous wings gripped the loose rocks with precision. Tongue flicking back and forth she tasted the air, the water and damp grass meeting her sense of smell sharply, not being used to the smell of living things and plant life. She strode down to the lake, head high, tail leaving deep scorch marks as it snaked out behind her. Sonus had steam rising continuously from her scales, more than usual from the lower temperature; also leaving a scorched wake behind her.

Animals screamed and ran away at the sight of her, her scales showing brightly against the lush green of the grassland. Dipping her muzzle into the water, she took a gulp, quickly backing up, tail whipping in the air, spitting the disgusting and putrid water from her mouth. She hissed between her teeth, retreating from the water .
"That was simply... Horrid! " Sonus exclaimed, rather loudly. Flames gathered within the back of her throat and neck. Her tail began to glow, then the glowing reached her body, spreading out like a flower blooming. Opening her mouth, she let fire blaze forth, igniting the grass around the large dragoness, and hitting the water, moving and vaporizing the liquid within a blink of a lizards eye. The fire roared with life, loud, crackling dead underbrush. It sprayed from her wide open maw, leaving nothing but black dirt, remains of fish and fires eating the green grass. She growled, shaking the ground with her rage. She guess it was from being trapped in the city for so long... She turned her back to the death and destruction she just caused, giving a big, almost sad sigh.

Back to top Go down

Let the Stars Meet the Earth (Private Artemise)  Empty Re: Let the Stars Meet the Earth (Private Artemise)

Post by Artemise Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Artemise had once again managed to slip out of the Kaamil Tribe unnoticed, and she silently celebrated as she glided over the lush green trees of a forest, her gaze fixed on a grassland ahead of her - that was where she would land. They wouldn't be looking for her soon, Artemise thought as she glided, and if they did find her, she'd tell them that someone had assigned her a task - and that was to gather some herbs from the rogue lands. Artemise was glad that her 'escape route' all planned out already; it would ensure that Artemise would be able to wriggle her way out of trouble, and she wouldn't have to worry about getting caught as she relaxed. Artemise closed her eyes as she inhaled the fresh scent of the forest below her, a deep sigh of contentment escaping her lips in a whoosh of breath as she winged her way towards her destination. Anticipation at being able to rest on soft grass stretched her lips into a smile, and joy at the prospect of doing so flooded through her.

Artemise would have stayed in that relaxing position, if it were not for the smoky scent that entered her nostrils, alerting her to the possible danger of fire. Her eyes snapped open and sought the source of the smoke, and she blinked when she saw the grassland, for it was burning, orange flames devouring the grass. Artemise banked, carving several arcs in the air with her wings as she circled, making sure to stay away from the fire and the smoke. She watched with narrowed eyes as the fire eventually died down, and when it finally did, she spotted a black wyvern walking away from the burnt grassland and the empty hole that Artemise assumed used to hold water. They must have been the one to cause the fire. Slightly irritated, she let out a soft growl, the rumbling sound of it swept away by the wind as Artemise started spiraling slowly to the ground, a grimace contorting her face as her paws made contact with the blackened earth. The wyvern had not noticed her, Artemise noted. Taking a step forward, she called out, "Were you the one who set fire to this place?"

As she awaited a response, questions ran through her mind. Why did they do it? she wondered, a frown pulling her eye ridges together as she observed the wyvern. It could be because they were angry. But angry at what? Did they have emotional issues? Or were they simply angry? Angry at what? The lake? Ha, very likely. Maybe they were angry at someone in their tribe and escaped to vent her anger on something. That seems possible. If so, I gotta watch out. They might still be angry. And my question might rile them up even more. Artemise spread her wings, ready to launch into flight to escape if the wyvern attempted to attack her. She could fight, but not against fire, which she was extremely vulnerable to. The mere thought of fire coming in contact with her made a shudder ripple through her body, and she stiffened as the wyvern turned around, readying herself for flight as the wyvern opened her maw.

Last edited by Artemise on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Artemise
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

Back to top Go down

Let the Stars Meet the Earth (Private Artemise)  Empty Re: Let the Stars Meet the Earth (Private Artemise)

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:01 am

Sonus slowly turned, standing there, like a snake ready to strike. She held her head up, relatively taller than the one that stood before her, but not by much. Her wings slowly opened, making her look even larger, for her wings were nearly twice the size of her body. She looked deadly, watching the other dragon. They stood quite a distance from each other, her blazing scales not entirely noticeable... Yet. She scraped her back claws into the dirt, making large divots and scratches. She turned her body fully towards the one that called to her. Her heterochromia eyes studied the other. Sonus did not speak, mostly intimidating, it depended on the other if to say so. Her horns rose up from her skull majestically, catching the light of the sun.

She did want to appear hostile, but remembering her teachings from her diplomatic "friends" they would say otherwise. She let the anticipation build, mostly for her own amusement. Her chest rose and fell, slow, steady. The other seemed weary, most likely ready to take off when needed. Her palpebra tertia lid blinked before her first eyelid closed, but only in one eye. Her chest glowed, taking in air through her nostrils. She opened her mouth, letting her vocal cords catch vibrations, adjusting her language to fit the one that stood before her, and hoped, the other knew Universal speaking.
"Greetings." Her voice was louder than most would expect, somewhat authoritative, even though she didn't mean it. "I come from far and wide, holding the position in my clan, the Stormcallers, as a Diplomat. I come in peace and tranquility. I do not mean harm, but I shall defend myself if needed. To state now, if you to attack I will defend and attack back." Sonus nostrils flared, thinking.

This dragon was no threat to her, she concluded. Just a simple dragon on a simple patrol, as was she... Or so she thought. The other dragon seemed curious rather than in a mood to suddenly attack. She glanced at the ditch that once held water and indigenous creatures. Her maw moved again, speaking not directly to the other, "I have." Sonus let that sit on the air, "Is there a problem?" Voice edged with a slight challenge. She was in no dragon's territory, only bordering. If she were in a territory of another, she would not have done it. She huffed slightly, moving her long tail in a wide arc, a sizzle of water being turned to vapor and the smell of burning brush floated toward both their nostrils.

Back at her city, she did not have the pleasure to smell such a thing, only burning cement or metal she accidentally touched. Dragons feared her, even in her own tribe, but were respectful as well, keeping their distance but still had a conversation with her, once in a rare often. Being out and about again, after what it seemed like millenniums, it brought joy that she had not felt for some time. Sonus flicked her wings open, sudden, a quick action. She filled the view with her vast wings, leaning back against her hind legs, talons digging into the dirt to stabilize the sudden shift of weight. She was catching the sun, as it crept over the horizon. A much needed heat recharge. Her eyes closed, but still on high alert, her ears listening to the other's breathing.
"Sometimes I don't understand how a dragon can live in the cold," She chuckled, "Or... It's just me." She gave a dashing grin, opening her eyes to look at the other dragon once again, eyes soft, meaning no harm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:49 pm

Artemise watched with narrowed eyes as the dragon turned around, and readied herself for flight, but contradictory to what she'd been expecting, the dragon didn't attack her, merely stood there, watching her. The wyvern spread their - no, her - wings, and they were huge, Artemise noted, two shades of black against the green of the forest behind her. If she were to take flight, the wyvern would be able keep up with her easily, but Artemise was smaller, and was skilled in aerial maneuverability. She would be able to dive down and fly between the trees, and hopefully lose the wyvern. But why wasn't the wyvern making a move? She was just staring at the blue dragoness with her heterochromatic eyes (Interesting, Artemise thought. Dragons with mismatched eyes were rare). Watching.

Artemise stared back coolly. The wyvern was clearly trying to intimidate her, but it wasn't working; size and appearance rarely scared Artemise into submission, because she knew that no matter how big or scary a dragon was, it was still a dragon. Not a god. Only rank could intimidate, because high-rankers had a lot of power, and they could easily banish Artemise from their land, or execute her. She let her wings droop a bit, her tensed body relaxing ever so slightly, as the wyvern finally spoke, instead of blasting a great jet of flame at her. Artemise returned the wyvern's greeting with a slight dip of her head as she observed the black dragon's every movement, watching out for any signs that she was about to release fire, at the same time listening to the wyvern, her brain filing away all the important information given. Stormcallers. Diplomat. Fire-breather.

The other dragon's question, however, pulled Artemise away from her thoughts. "Yes," she responded in Universal, a hint of sarcasm in her voice. "There is a problem. Which is the fact that you'd just burnt this place, which was my planned resting area." She gestured to the blackened ruins of the grassland around her, a small scowl visible on her face. "But you can't do anything about it, can you? How unfortunate. I guess I'll have to find another place to rest in, then. One that isn't burnt." Artemise turned to look at the hole that used to be a lake, and sighed. "What did you do it for, though? Did the grassland offend you in some way?" she asked, a look of genuine curiosity replacing the scowl on her face, but her facial expression quickly changed into a frown when the wyvern burnt some grass with a swish of her tail. Artemise jumped back as the scent of burning brush floating towards her, and she attempted to direct the smoke away from her with several fans of her wings. "Hey, stop it. I don't want to inhale any more smoke than necessary," she huffed, a bit annoyed.

"And to answer your question about the cold... Well, some dragons are adapted to survive it," Artemise said with a shrug. "You're a fire dragon, right? How do you survive the heat? Your answer to that should be similar to the answer of your question about the cold." Artemise allowed a small smile to grace her face as she spoke; the wyvern still hadn't attacked her, and she took it as a good sign, relaxing her defensive stance somewhat. She folded her wings against her side, finding it tiring to hold them up, even if they were her only means of escape. "So," she said conversationally, "You're from the Stormcaller Tribe, right? What's your name? Mine's Artemise, and I'm from the Kaamil Tribe. Pleased to meet you." She said everything in fluent Universal, and ended her words with a small bow of her head.
Artemise
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down