In total there are 3 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Azlyn, Imperia

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 41 on Thu May 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Draconifom Species Creation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Draconifom Species Creation

Post by Scortia on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Hello everyone! Friendly neighborhood mod Scortia here. Finally, we have the long awaited species creation! Due to popular demand, the species creation will be entirely free will, with no given template. Obviously, some things are a necessity, such as name, abilities, description, and where they are commonly found, but feel free to personalize the species however you like!

When you're finished, staff will look over your application to make sure the species you created isn't overpowered by our standards, and just gloss over it for a quick review, then it will be submitted to the official species list.

Happy dragon making!

[21:39:56] Silhouette : (Why the pic?)
[21:40:05] * Blaze isnt over dramatic, he just doesnt like ardent being "one" with Scort.
[21:40:13] Elyn Entezz : Because they're hetalia trash :@

Mixups are Fun:
[21:53:14 19/11/2016]@ Oculus : are you guys mixing up Hetalia with Hentai?
[21:53:26 19/11/2016] Skylar : (*cough blaze/ardent*)
[21:53:31 19/11/2016] Silhouette : (I think that was it Oculus)

Famous Quotes:

"Man, I wish my art didn't suck." - Scortia, commenting on her own art
"Yep, there's wind." - Connie Maheswaran
"YO, WHO'S BABY IS THIS?" - John Laurens, in a comic I read
"so i am basically right." - SolsticeEquinox, about coding with Acer
Scortia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Draconifom Species Creation

Post by Neru on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:32 pm

Name: Nebula Wyvern
Draconiforme Type: Wyverns
Abilities:
Nebula Sight: This ability has no prowess other than the changing of their scales. Each Nebula Wyvern chooses a Nebula at birth. No Nebula is used by the same two Wyverns. From then, they grow to imitate that nebulas colors and patterning. The process used to imitate the nebula is similar to that of photosynthesis.
Plasma Blast: The Nebula Wyvern's only offensive ability lies in their plasma blast, that being her breath attack. It's composed exactly of what you might find inside of a star, and often explodes after a few seconds of contact with oxygen. These form as small pockets of heat inside their stomach, which they regurgitate. As they exit their throat, the heat of both the inside and the outside burns through the protective layer surrounding it, and causes it to explode once it becomes too thin, much like a balloon when filled with too much air. Their bodies can only make eight of them at a time, and they generally take about an hour to form.
Dangerous Saliva: A Nebula Wyvern's saliva is dangerous to all but their own kind. The poison is secreted from a sac on the underside of the throat and is the only reason the saliva is flammable. It comes with the severe weakness, however, of being able to catch fire if flame somehow touches one's mouth while it is open. Their mouths are generally more flame resistant than a humans', but not fire-proof in the slightest. One can easily get third-degree burns if a good hit to their mouth is made, and they can't access water to put the fire out. As such, one rarely uses this outside of hunting and safe situations. The poison in the saliva holds little function other than it's flammability. If they manage to lick an open wound, the poison can cause damage to the area around the wound, as well as the wound itself, but it would take ingestion of a large quantity of it for the poison to have any fatal effects.
Description: A group of elusive dragons, Nebula Wyverns are known for 2 things: their scales, and their solitude. Save mated pairs, Nebula Wyverns most often live alone, the biggest exception being the group that lived among the Vuari tribe.
When it comes to their scales, things get a bit complicated. From the moment they're hatched from their egg, Nebula Wyverns are intensely interested in the night sky. They choose one nebula, and for the rest of their life, this is the nebula they keep as a patron. Some dedicate their nebulas to gods, others worship their nebula as its own god, others view it as neither. Whichever way is chosen, there is no Nebula Wyvern that is without a nebula. The choosing is an instinctual action, and unavoidable.

Last edited by Neru on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scortia on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:44 am

When finished, make sure to bump.

[21:40:05] * Blaze isnt over dramatic, he just doesnt like ardent being "one" with Scort.

Mixups are Fun:

Famous Quotes:

Scortia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neru on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:48 pm

Okie doke, Nebbies are done.
Neru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scortia on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Thank you! Beautiful entry~

Mixups are Fun:

Famous Quotes:

Scortia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nightmares

Post by Sephtis on Tue May 30, 2017 10:00 pm

I have no clue whether or not this is still open, but I do know this species won't be accepted. I'm doing it anyway. Razz
Name: Nightmares
Draconiforme Types: All
Abilities: Terror Aura: These dragons constantly produce an aura or atmosphere of fear. This affects all dragons. Even those said to be "fearless," in the presence of a nightmare, they will be at the very least uneasy and shaken. This aura is produced even when the Nightmare is in another form.
Nightmare Shifting: These beings of utter horror are able to change into any form imaginable at will. They can stay changed indefinitely, and they will change into whatever terrifies the dragons they are near most.
Sum of All Fears: Nightmares can find other dragon's fears in their minds and use this against them. Nightmares will use this to terrify their victims before feeding.
Bane of Light: These dragons can spew a substance that can only be described as liquefied darkness. It causes extreme cold and pain on contact with organic tissue. It will induce a strong sense of absolute terror that will be devastating to all but the most fearless dragons. Even then, if enough of the darkness touches a dragon they will eventually and inevitably fall.
Spawn of the Void: These dragons are immortal. When "killed" their souls will return to the Void and regain their physical forms. While stuck as a soul, they may posses objects and dragons. A possessed dragon will often see incredibly real hallucinations of their worst fears. This can be used by Nightmares to drive their victims mad leading to a slow and agonizing death.
Insatiable Hunger: They feed off of dragons and other beings. They don't care about who or what they are feeding upon. It is said that they even kill just for the sake of slaughter. They feed off of the fear of their victims before feeding off of their bodies, sometimes living...

Description: These dragons can be found anywhere, and they could be anything. Their original forms are dragons with scales made up of patterns of black and white. They often have disorienting and fear inducing illusions in the patterns of their scales. They are constantly on the hunt for prey. They often have an original form which is their main combat form. Nightmares are born of the Void and are fully grown upon creation. They will immediately leave the Void and hunt down organisms on any planet with life. They usually have disturbing additions to their draconic forms. These include extra eyes and mouths and twisted features. They have incredibly cold and uncaring personalities and seem to take great enjoyment in seeing lesser being's pain. They fear nothing because they are fear itself incarnate. They often enjoy driving their prey insane before finally hunting it down in a long, painful, terrifying chase after which they will either kill and eat the prey, or they will eat it alive...
Sephtis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonus Decessus on Wed May 31, 2017 5:57 am

Well, for the species I was going to create, since Sonus is one of the last of her species I just wanted people to know about the Urban Brimstones, if that's... Okay for this section?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scortia on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:27 am

Sure Sonus. I'll just put that your species is offlimits.

Mixups are Fun:

Famous Quotes:

Scortia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scortia on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:18 am

Ah, well, Sephtis, your species sounds more like a demon than a dragon. If it is a species, first of all, it can't be all forms of draconiform. I am fine with shapeshifting, as long as it is temporary (for example, can only last up to five posts), and there has to be a way for another dragon to get them out of their shapeshifted form. They also wouldn't be able to harness the abilities of their shapeshifted form. They would still be the same dragon, just with a different appearance. Possession I also don't have a problem with, but I would say have it be so that the dragon they are trying to possess can fight off the possessor. I will provide more insight into your species once you fix these.

Mixups are Fun:

Famous Quotes:

Scortia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down