» Attention Xoya!
by Vortex Today at 3:37 pm

» Bond of Power (Private with Athena)
by Athena Today at 4:18 am

» Mizuko, the Loyal
by Mizuko Yesterday at 8:49 pm

» Stormcaller Plot Ideas and Planning
by Solarlight and Darksky Yesterday at 7:48 pm

» The Ki'sha has a new Ku'za! (who is leaving for a bit xD)
by Haven Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» Herre Oculus of Skyggers
by Oculus Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» Zollunis, The Life Giver (Needs Approval)
by Whispering Soul Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:24 pm

» Two Rulers for One. (Open, Stormcallers.)
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:18 am

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRASI!!!!!
by Solarlight and Darksky Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:46 pm

» Out and About. (Open to all)
by Arctic Kaiju Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:51 pm

» Crowned (private/ask before joining)
by Solarlight and Darksky Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:26 am

» What The Heck (Priv/Ayato)
by Athena Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:31 am

» Cracked Mirror (Private with Andromeda)
by Athena Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:12 am

» Quitu, Seeker of Adventure
by Artemise Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:06 pm

» Howdy friends
by Solarlight and Darksky Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Staff Online
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 108 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:04 am

Ancient Secrets Call (Open)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ancient Secrets Call (Open)

Post by Rihzome on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Wheeling through the sky, so far above he must have looked like a dot to any one on the ground, Rihzome had a broad smile on his maw. In the last few months, a combination of sandstorms, illness and a twisted ankle had kept him firmly grounded in the twilight palace, but finally, none of those could stop him. Letting out a roar that quickly faded to nothing in the largely empty sky, he seemed almost as joyous as a hatchling. Spiralling around, letting himself by carried by winds and the occasional loop-de-loop, the large, black scaled dragon cut through the air far more easily than a creature his size should have.

And what, pray tell, had him in such a good mood? Adventure, of course! He had finally deciphered the location of an ancient temple, around from the dawn of the Ki'Sha, if not predating it, built by a race, a civilisation, long since wiped from the face of the earth. What waited to be found? Ancient magic? Artefacts? Texts? Any of the three would be a treasure in its own right, and the thought of finding even a single one sent shivers of anticipation up his spine.

Curling downwards after a few hours, the sun nearing its zenith, he landed softly on the shore of a large oasis, one of the largest in the Muh'az desert, and cast his gaze about. It was one of the most frequented as well, due to the large size of the oasis, and the density of plants and animals that lived close. Hmmm. Rest here for the day, and continue on this evening…  He mused to himself, glancing around, finding a rather nice spot between two large trees, which would block out most of the sun's rays during the latter afternoon. Setting down, he pulled out journal and a pencil from a satchel that had been tightly bound to his side (to stop the loss of anything in his flighty antics), and jotted down a few details about the place he was staying, before closing the book and tucking it safely back away. Stretching his wings, he glanced upwards at the sun bleached sky, before diving into the surprisingly deep and clear oasis, content to spend a few hours, if not more, in the warmed water.
Rihzome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ancient Secrets Call (Open)

Post by Vortex on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:43 pm

Taking one more bite of his food, Vortex finished and then placed the meat back in the opened packaging, leaving it there. Listening to Rihzome, he nodded slowly in understanding. He thought again to his species, only thinking for a moment as he looked up at the sky. There wasn't much special about it now, but he knew what lied behind, the secrets that must be kept past death.

Sighing a little, Vortex shrugged. "There really hasn't been much in my life worth documenting." He lied, hoping that he wouldn't be forced to reveal his identity. "I mean, there's the occasional adventure or whatnot here and there, but regardless, nobody ever listens. They all seem wrapped up in their own problems, always running back and fourth." He paused, seemingly thinking for a moment. "My thoughts aside, there isn't much. I mean, everyone has their own story, but I, well..." Trailing off, he tried to think of anything to say but came up blank. "Never mind. I'm not fond of talking about it." He looked away, a bit embarrassed and a bit saddened, as his past always left him. Snapping back to reality, he looked back at Rihzome. "Sorry, I'm just not the most interesting of those you may meet."
Vortex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Koal on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:20 pm

The sound of flapping wings could be heard in the distance until eventually a lone figure was still drawing closer until it is reveal to be a wyvern of a fair size, just another rogue among the wild.

Koal has been flying for a good while trying to seek out things to do with his life, so far his efforts have ended up as being dull, but of course, anything can be dull when you effort the more populated areas, Koal is after all an outsider and thus has always had trouble trusting dragons he had just met.

The old wyvern spots the Oasis, the very sight of water reminded him that he hasn't had good drink in a long while. Tilting his body and wings a bit, he makes for a landing near the edge, soon landing with a loud thud due to his body's size, he hasn't noticed the two other dragons yet.

Koal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rihzome on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Rihzome watched closely, a small, saddened smile on his maw as he shook his head. “Vortex… If there’s one thing I’ve learnt in all my years of examining and exploring ruins, is that the more unassuming and less interesting something appears at first glance, the bigger secret and surprise it holds.” He replied, reclining and resting lightly against the trees behind him. “Regardless, I will not pry. If you don’t wish to speak about your past, so be it. I know the pain unwanted and scarring memories can bring…” He finished softly, his gaze drawn towards the sky.

He head sensed the newcomer far before he could be heard, his mind a bright point slowly moving closer. “It seems we have someone joining us…” Rihzome murmured, to no-one in particular, before lifting his head to smile at Vortex. “It seems we have a newcomer joining us…” He told him, as he relaxed further, not wanting to seem hostile or aggressive towards the other male. Lounging around and watching the wyvern as he landed, his black scales blending into the shade, he called out, in a friendly tone. “Hello there, Wyvern!”
Rihzome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caramina on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Caramina had a soft green scarf, the colour of which matching those of her eyes and the mane that ran down her spine and tail, wrapped around her neck, and it flapped in the wind as Caramina's wings rose and dipped in repetitive motions, propelling her forward. It was slightly colder than usual today in the Stormcaller lands, and while Caramina loved the cold, her body did not; going without a scarf today would definitely result in her catching a cold. She'd made up her mind to enjoy the cool fresh air today, instead of being tucked in the corner of a library, flipping through the age-yellowed pages of old dusty books; and now she was headed out to rogue lands - because she was also hoping to meet a new dragon -, the subtle shifts in the appearance of the land that stretched out below her hinting at the change of territories. It went from smooth, even and scattered with buildings and dragon-grown plants to sloping, uneven lands, the number of structures slowly dwindling to zero, rocks taking their place. It also grew hotter, and Caramina huffed angrily at herself for not foreseeing this. I should've known... Idiot, idiot.

Moving shapes, in the shadow of a large tree, caught her attention. As she tilted her wings and started to descend, her third eyelid - transparent and thin, but keeping away the wind that would've caused her eyes to water by now - slipped down over her narrowed green eyes, which was focused onto the dragons in the shade. She recognised Rihzome, and a delighted smile slid across her face. There was another black dragon with Rihzome, and a red wyvern. They were all standing near an oasis, a clear blue circle of shimmering blue liquid, small ripples crossing across its mirror-like surface as the wyvern began to drink. Clearly he had not noticed the others yet. She angled her wings and shifted direction, beginning to spiral down in circles and eventually landing right next to Rihzome. She brushed her wings lightly against his in greetings, and offered the masked dragon a smile.
Caramina

Tribe : Stormcallers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vortex on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:02 pm

Vortex stiffened for a second as he understood what Rihzome had said. It was indeed, very true, as there was a bit more than a facial wound hidden beneath his mask. "Perhaps." Noticing the newcomer, he turned his head to the red wyvern, making a small nod in greeting, hoping not to appear hostile. The wyvern was around the same size as he was, and was covered in red scales.

The masked dragon did not notice Caramina at first, but did quickly after she landed. Smiling in return to their greeting, he silently pondered if the others were with Rihzome or not. He determined it was probably a coincidence, but waited to say anything.

(Short post, have things I have to do)
Vortex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Koal on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:42 pm

Koal's head raise when someone spoke to him, he was slightly startled, but what drew his attention the most was the arrival of a white scaled dragoness.

"Well, this is quite unexpected.." Koal whispered to himself at the sudden increase in dragons, perhaps he was more tired than he though. Taking a look around, he made a mental count of the dragons so far. A white one with wild green hair, a black dragon, another black dragon although more of a Midnight.

There is no response at first as Koal resumes drinking from the oasis. Once his throat is nicely perched, he turned around to give them their attention.. So far, no hosilitiy, but it'd be best to be on the caution.

"Forgive me for not noticing you three earlier." Koal said with a slight head bow.

Koal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rihzome on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:08 pm

It was a surprise of the most welcome kind to Rihzome when he sensed an all too familiar mind closing in, his gaze drawn towards the sky to search for her. A smile breaking on his maw as he saw that familiar silver form, and that odd yet beautiful green mane, he waited patiently, watching her spiral down towards him, landing gracefully next to him, as usual. "Hey Cara…" He greeted her, wrapping a wing over her and pulling her close, in his own greeting, giving her a fond nuzzle and a smile. "Whatcha doing out here sis?" He asked, gazing around the trees, and beyond, to the desolate wilderness. "I don't mean to pry of course… just seems a little unusual…" Happy to see her regardless, he couldn't help but smile wider and let out a chuckle. "I can take that if you want, and keep it safe for a while." He told her, gesturing to the scarf that adorned her neck with a paw. "Not exactly the best attire… but I think you knew that already. Did someone forget?" He teased, before suddenly switching to a much more serious demeanour. "Sorry if that sounded, you know, rude or anything…" he added, unused to the idea of having a sibling, unsure if that little tease was rude of just a sibling jab.

Rushing to cover up his rudeness, he turned to Vortex. "Um… Caramina, this is Vortex, Vortex, Caramina." He introduced them, acting as if Vortex was a long-time friend of his, before turning his attention to the red scaled wyvern, a small, warm and friendly small on his maw. Inclining his head, he replied, "There's no reason for such formality my friend. We're all equals out here." Lifting his head, he continued. "My name is Rihzome… May I ask your own, Wyvern?"
Rihzome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silhouette on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:45 pm

Lifting her head above its normal position, Silhouette caught a whiff of her beloved and a friend of hers as well. Scales as black as the night almost shimmered, were it not for the fact that she was ebony black. Opening her dark wings, with the silvery flaps of skin...Silhouette pushed off the ground and beat her wings a bit to get a proper altitude. Once there, she began her trek to find out what is going on. Releasing a strong screech, she hoped it would reach Rihzome's ears...if it did,
that would be great...though, she would not know unless she heard his melodious calls. Her heart raced at the thought. There were others with him, and this excited her. Doing a spin, like a spinner dolphin, she moved swiftly towards the smell. The shadowy wyvern was still releasing her unusual screech, now out of joy rather than searching. Ah, the clouds can release a beautiful bliss inside a dragon's body. Can't it?
Silhouette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:21 pm

[Sil, you need to get your character approved before you can rp, but I won't delete your post. Keep it there; we'll all wait for you until your app is approved.

However, if anyone in this rp doesn't want to wait, you'll have to delete your post and re-send it later on when Silhouette is approved.]

--

Artemise's dialogue colour
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinia on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:03 am

Sometimes, draconiforms are compelled to do crazy things. One of these crazy things might be venturing off into rogueland desert and savanna for absolutely no reason. And, then again, you might be wondering what in god's name an Ice Dragon was doing in the desert in the first place. Had she chosen to live there on her own accord? How'd she survive the heat, with all those heavy feathers all over her body. The questions were endless, but the elderly Destinia didn't really have an answer for any of them.

Well, except for how an Ice Dragoness survived in the desert. Destinia lived in a sea side cliff, which was actually quite cold and spacious. She also only tended to come out at night, as the days were much too hot for her feathered body. Her feathers did act sort of like insulators to keep the cold in when need be, but it still wasn't quite enough. So that begged the question, why exactly was the stormcaller out and about? Was she on a mission? No... truth be told, she was just hungry, and a bit curious to see how her 'tribe' was doing.

The tribe itself didn't really function like a tribe. It was more or less a bunch of rogues who could hide behind the veil of a tribe so that other tribal dragons wouldn't attack them when they entered territory. But Destinia wasn't one to dive too deeply into it. She was a civil woman, and thus had a great deal of respect for the Stormcallers. Her only quarrel was over the fact that they had decided to position their tribe on Verula. Even though the tribes of Stormcallers and Ki'sha were quite far apart from each other, the idea of getting anywhere near the Ki'sha made her uneasy.

Destinia had decided to go to a flight, flying across the desert, when she spotted a nearby oasis. Perfect! The dragoness could really use something to cool down. Slowly, she began to swoop down, preparing herself for a landing.

As she glided down, she spotted several other dragons making conversation. A stormcaller was hard to distinguish by scent, considering how many different dragons they allowed into their ranks, and how all over the place they were. Only those really close to Imperia, and who spent most of their time at the castle had a distinguishable scent, and only very vaguely.

Regardless, Destinia tensed up a bit. They didn't seem hostile, but who knew? She possibly could have even flown too close to Ki'sha territory....
Destinia
Official NPC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2