Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Her Calling [Open]

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Her Calling [Open] - Page 2 Empty Her Calling [Open]

Post by Scortia Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leading a tribe was a tireless job. But one that Scortia thought she carried quite well. It had been roughly a week or two since the grand meeting, which she had come back from feeling... uneasy, to say the least. She couldn't quite explain why she felt this way. But she didn't really feel nervous, scared, or paranoid. It just made her feel.... different. Of course, being the way she was, she ended up becoming paranoid about the strange feelings she was having. After a while of pacing back and forth, the Kuz'a had decided to go see the shaman. This couldn't just be a coincidence. Those feral dragons from the other tribes must have done something to her!

However, once she had arrived at the hut of the shaman, and had been properly examined, the shaman told her that she did not find anything wrong with the Kuz'a. This only made Scortia more frustrated. She shook her head, growling. "Are you sure, great seer of the skies? You sure it's not Rattle's Foot? Or the Bloodmouth?"

The dragoness shook her head, "No, your Greatness. You are absolutely fine. I would prescribe a nice cup of soothing herbal tea, or perhaps some Chikhol tea to calm your nerves."

For a moment, the Kuz'a considered this. Then she shook her head. "No, no. That is alright. I will go for a fly, to clear my mind. I may take your advice on that Chokhol tea, sometime, though," she said with a small smile. Scortia then spun around, and darted off into the skies, flapping her wings soothingly, as she carried herself over the savanna, too troubled to remember to take an entourage of guards with her.

She was completely alone.
Scortia
Scortia

Back to top Go down

Her Calling [Open] - Page 2 Empty Re: Her Calling [Open]

Post by Ardent Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:58 pm

If Ardent had known who it was she was addressing, her manner would have been vastly different. But to her, she was simply another draconiforme, outside Ki'Sha territory, alone with the leader of the Stormcallers. Shifty and suspicious to say the least, it was, at the moment, in her best interest to take care of the small, silver dragoness. Making no moments or motions as the small amphiptere lifted her head, truly unconcerned by its attempt at showing dominance, finding it more amusing than threatening.

Hearing the rudely phrased question, she only huffed, before turning a smile, and small inclination of her head, to Imperia. "Hello, Queen Imperia… Fancy meeting you out here… a meeting of luck, it would seem." She chuckled, letting herself lazily drift down to hover lazily beside the tiny dragoness, her wings barely moving as they caught the wind easily. "Yes, my name is Ardent… and who would you be, so far from any claimed territory?" She asked Scortia, probably the single stupidest question she had, or ever would ask, in her life.

Not bothered to wait for an answer, she directed the next question to Imperia. "How is Sonus? Has she been well, keeping warm? I know the Tempest ring hurts her so whenever she passes… poor thing…" She cooed worriedly. "Although, it never seems to keep her down long. A few hours hunting and she's good as new." She smiled, feeling nothing but affection towards the large, fiery female… even if she was determined to stay as a Stormcaller…

Ardent

Back to top Go down

Post by Scortia Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Scortia would continue glaring at the disrespectful dragoness, a look of growing agitation on her face. Only when the dragoness asked for her name did she realize the truth. This dragon didn't know who she was. She blinked for a moment. Well, when she thought about it, it did kind of make sense, considering the low class of the Shemscaluri, if that truly was what they were. After all, it was the only reason she could think of as to why the dragoness, who seemed unusually friendly with the Stormcaller, didn't know her.

It was probably made even worst when Ardent proceeded to ask Imperia a question. Under normal circumstances, the desert garnished dragoness would have been in an outrage, but she remained quiet when she heard the question. Something about a dragon named Sonus. It made Scortia's tail twitch. Why would a member of her tribe be worried about the well being of a Sarguilaquish. At least, that's what Scortia assumed the dragon was, considering who she was talking to.

The Kuz'a actually let herself relax, as it would bring her immense satisfaction in seeing the expression on the dragoness's face when she discovered who she was. And if that lazy expression didn't change, she would certainly enjoy ripping it off.

This time, however, when she spoke, she transferred her speech from Universal back to Ki'shan. "My dear, I would happen to be the very one who allows you to stay in claimed territory in the first place," the dragoness said, her golden eyes glittering.
Scortia
Scortia

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperia Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Imperia looked back and forth between the two of them, she'd been willing to wait and find out why Ardent had been acting so arrogant to her leader. Imperia was used to getting backchatted, or even tickled by some of her tribe members, but she hadn't at first thought that Scortia would tolerate the same behaviour.
Once Ardent asked who the dragoness was Imperia realised worriedly why Ardent had felt comfortable showing such disrespect: she didn't have any idea who she was dealing with.

Imperia hoped she could smooth out this situation, it would be quite awkward if she had to drag Ardent back into the safety of the Tempest Ring with a murderous Kuz'a on their tails. Plus it would be a diplomatic disaster, when she could just as easily have made the desert tribe into a potential new friend, finally getting past their vicious treatment of travellers.

"Your friend Sonus is fine, I saw her only a couple of days ago; however I think that I should introduce you two properly. Just don't panic too much please? Ardent, you might not have realised..."
Imperia bowed respectfully to Scortia, just happening to end up with her small form directly in between the two of them, hoping the desert dragoness would appreciate the gesture. She also switched to Ki'shan.
"I'd like to introduce Scortia, Kuz'a of your tribe."
Imperia
Imperia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardent Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:07 am

Smiling happily at Imperia, it faltered for a moment as she saw the amphiptere seemingly relax, her body losing a small amount of the hardness and rigidity it had. "That's good to hear…" She murmured, before looking up at Imperia and cocking her head, slightly confused. "Panic? You should know me my dear… fear isn't something that comes easily." She chuckled.

Except in this instance. As the amphiptere spoke in Ki'Shan, her blood froze. This wasn't some… random creature. This was another of her tribe… if she could really called herself a member of the Ki'Sha, with her rank. This dread only grew, her wings missing beats as she felt every shred of lazy confidence and superiority evaporate in an instant. Her worst fears were confirmed as Imperia spoke. Scortia. To one outside, the wing beats would have been the only sign of her horror, her face still impassive, but her stars betrayed her.

Each of the four stars that were sheltered under her wing, each having mimicked the sun itself on a minor scale moments before, turned the darkest black, save for lines of blood red that ran over the surface, no warmth or light emanating from them, dead and faded suns. "Th... The Kuz'a...?" She almost seemed to whisper, in quiet Ki'Shan, as the full reality of what she had done, how she had acted fell upon her… and to her own Kuz'a! The suns quickly dissipating, their surfaces quickly ripped away by the winds, as she angled her wings downwards, quickly descending until she was several large feet below even Scortia's tail, her gaze pinned to the ground, not worthy of looking at her.

Her maw opened to speak, but the only sound audible to their ears that escaped was a strangled whimper, as she tried to think of… something to say, nothing even remotely viable as an excuse coming to mind, doubting she would believe the truth. Of course, she had disrespected the ONLY dragon on this continent who could, and more than likely would, tear her apart for doing so. Her only thing to be thankful for was Imperia naming Sonus as a friend, rather than her mate… no doubt if she had knew her mate was a Stormcaller… Well. It's not like she could be killed multiple times. Probably wouldn't have made whatever she was going to receive any better, or worse.

Ardent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Sonus struggled to retain her anger. The two guards from the Stormcallers had followed her this far and still had the audacity to keep following her. She had roared at them a couple of times, threatening to rip their heads from their incredibly small bodies. That didn't help, only gain distance. She couldn't really kill the Guards of the Queen. Either punishable by death or dunking the poor dragoness into cold water, which she didn't think her Queen would do, unless betrayal or something else.

Sonus spun around suddenly, holding her wings up, illuminating herself with the sun, flames bursting upon the surface of her scales, crackling and burning the oxygen around her. Eyes bright, death was exhaled from her mouth, shooting in the direction of which the guards were caught by surprise, screaming in horror as the gigantic column of fire was shot towards them, swirling quickly. No harm would come to the guards though, the fire only coming inches from their fleeing tails. Sonus huffed with anger, smoke billowing out of her mouth in long, black streams of smoke that dispersed into the air. She hover high above the ground, clouds slowly meandering below her. Taking a deep breath she went on before the guards would realize that she had only scared them away. Since the day she entered the Stormcaller kingdom, her big entrance made dragons weary of her arrival, and some acting upon their own wishes to keep her under tight surveillance. It annoyed her to an extent where she had to get out, and to try not to be followed by random dragons doing the Queen a "favor".

Sonus looped around some clouds, she had been gone for quite some time, nearly each year she had to take time away from everyone, going to one of the highest peeks in all the worlds to bask in the sun of the holy stars and the sun. She didn't quite look the same either, her crimson red scales now a lighter red, more attractive and vibrant. Her tail was spiked, horns protruding from the back of her head horns and trailed down her neck and ending when her giant shoulders met with muscle. Her neck was crested now, a brilliant yellow that pulsed with her heartbeat, at times being the hottest place on this dragon's body. Her head was more blocky, her jawbone and muscles more vivid, teeth darker in color and longer. Her eyes, those wonderful, mysterious eyes now held a different look, something dragons could not explain. Her whole body was more filled out, more muscle, thicker, sharper, and overall physically looking like she had evolved. She didn't quite know what happened, every year she would go and sit under the stars, when a blue, purple, and green star aligned. Sonus and her brother in law, Rihzome,still had to figure out what her species was, and what customs they had, but Sonus didn't dare set foot into the library of the Stormcallers. There was so much information and paper.

Sonus moved along the clouds her long neck swiveling back and forth. A few days ago, she had seen her Queen leave the castle, and Sonus would like to have a word with the Queen about the so called "guards" that followed her every breath and move. She dove to the ground, landing with a crashing sound, snapping trees and setting them ablaze. She roared with all her might, blasting crusted trees with her fire, incinerating them on contact. She cracked her neck, her large wings slashing the ground. Bunching up her back legs she blasted up into the air again in enormous spirals, panting, eyes like hawks searching the area. Dragons she passed maybe... An hour ago informed her (probably out of fear) that they had seen a few dragons in this vicinity.

Spotting something in the distance, she advanced toward it, floating objects, the scent of dragon lined her nostrils, filling her lungs... Her Queen, the specific smell of royalty, another royal... Which surprised her. Shaking her head and snorting, she took another deep breath. Could it be?? Could it be! Her mate! Her mate was here, most likely worried out her mind. She roared, the vibrations carrying out, her vocals vibrating even the air around her. Smoke billowed out of her open mouth as she panted, her scales flaming again in excitement, she dove toward the others, somewhat slowing down, careful not to run into a dragon on accident.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scortia Mon May 01, 2017 5:36 pm

Much to Scortia's satisfaction, Ardent's cocky attitude did indeed drop immediately when Imperia explained who she was. It made her heart pump with joy to see how the arrogant creature's posture had gone from confident to submissive in mere seconds. However, she was still dissatisfied when the dragoness merely hovered there, her face as pale with shock as snow. The Shemscaluri hadn't even offered her queen a bow, or an apology. Well, she might as well give the inbred creature a piece of her mind, and then properly punish her later, when they weren't in the middle of nowhere.

She smoothly switched back to Universal, her voice airy, almost holding an ironic twist of sweetness to it. She first spoke to Imperia, a small grin on her face, "Thank you,
my dear, for introducing me to this dragoness you seem to know so well."
there was a hint of curiosity in that voice, but Scortia did a good job of concealing it. She then turned her full attention back towards Ardent, "My, I never realized how cocky my Shemscaluri could be. And wandering this far from the tribe. What were you planning on doing out here, precisely, hmm?' there was a sparkle in Scortia's eye as she said this. Lucky for her, the joy she got from seeing the other dragon's confidence go out the window had managed to soothe out her nerves. So, for the time being, she was preoccupied.

That excitement soon disappeared, however, when Scortia suddenly heard the sound of a loud roar, resonating through the clouds. She perked her ears up, though she didn't display worry or caution. She merely blinked, narrowing her eyes. "What was that?" she wondered aloud, staring off in the direction it had come from. Another enemy, perhaps? She really didn't have time for this. She had an insubordinate scoundrel to deal with.
Scortia
Scortia

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperia Mon May 01, 2017 6:52 pm

Imperia sighed as Ardent panicked. She made a mental note to teach her the number one lesson of diplomacy: always be polite, civil, and act like everything is fine no matter how bad the situation. Well... unless you had a good reason to threaten someone.

"Ardent has been a quiet but very respectful and exemplary citizen during her time in the Stormcaller tribe, and we value her presence. I'm sure we can work out an arrangement concerning her, queen to queen. I understand she may have disrespected you and your rules, and some punishment may be in order, but I wish to be involved in that decision."
Imperia stayed confidently in between Scortia and the submissive Ardent. Now might have been a good time to threaten force, after all it was one against two in Ardent's favour, but Imperia was determined to have peace.

A roar, an angry and extremely familiar roar, reached Imperia's ears. That roar had been directed at her poor guards no fewer than six times this week alone.
Imperia had called off her guards multiple times, even publicly stripping one of them of responsibility, but stubbornly they continued to supervise Sonus. A public announcement that such behaviour was not to be tolerated and that Sonus was a worthy Stormcaller in her own right, was probably in order; but for once Imperia was glad that Sonus was almost certainly going to be followed by at least one other Stormcaller guard. Four to one made for even better odds. Besides her guards weren't stupid or cruel, just overzealous and a bit narrow minded. And even then it was just a couple of them.

The second, happier, roar cut through the conversation.
"That was Sonus, Ardent's friend who no doubt planned to meet her here. Don't worry, I don't want a fuss, and none of us mean any harm to you."
Imperia
Imperia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardent Thu May 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Imperia's words only caused Ardent more panic, mentally cursing her. Out of anything she could have said, mentioning she spent time in the Stormcaller tribe itself was probably just as effective as saying she had plotted to kill Scortia. Lifting her head a fraction, she glanced up at the smaller, silver dragoness, and gave her a stare, shaking her head, trying to tell her to be quite, before the grave she was digging for her grew any larger… that was, if she wasn't going to be executed already, which was a very likely possibility.

Her attention snapping back to Scortia in an instant as she spoke, she stayed silent until she was sure her Kuz'a had finished speaking. "My Kuz'a… I simply… meant to do a little hunting outside of Ki'Sha b-borders…" She replied, in Kishan, trying to keep her voice as straight as it could be, given the situation. "I truly did n-not mean any disrespect, I…" She was cut off, as she too heard the roar, an all too familiar one. "Sonus?" She said, dumbly, switching back to universal, as her terror only amplified. No no no… Out of all the dragons that could be coming, it had to be HER. She might as well say her prayers to the Goddess now, since she would be dead before the day's end. Please be sensible and smart, please be sensible and smart… She mentally begged. Mentally screaming at Imperia now, as she glanced back at her, she wished she would just be quiet. She may have been a Queen as well, but she was acting as if Scortia was another perfectly sane and logical being, probably the worst way she could be handling this. Shaking herself, forcing herself to return to Kishan, she spoke again. "No! I swear my Kuz'a, I was not out here to meet a Sarguilaqish. Please! You cannot believe that."

Ardent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Sonus squinted her eyes, as three dragons came into view, one being her Queen, another being... Of royalty, and another, her beloved mate. But... Ardent was acting strange in this situation, lower than the other two, seemingly moving away from her presence--instead of flying toward her. Well, seemingly from where they were at, and the royal smell that wafted off of the small, yellow gold dragon. That would most likely be Queen Scortia, the Kuz'a. Dangerous, yet respected queen of the Ki'Sha. Sonus instantly realized what she was flying into. All of the studies that her brother-in-law had read to her about the Ki'Sha was going to come in handy... Her own Queen on the other hand seemed like the usual happy Imperia, dangerous or good, depending on the Ki'Sha Queen.

Slowing down to a near hover, she would dip her head low, careful not to catch the eyes of the Queens. Her enormous wings spread out as she did a polite air bow. She lifted her head again. She was below them, but her height and build made her nearly even with the two Queens that were conversing with each other. She completely ignored Ardent, not even glancing toward the other female.

"My Queen." Sonus said, loudly, face expressionless as she gave another bow. "It's a pleasure to see you out here." Her attention then turned to the Ki'Sha, dipping her head with respect, "Greetings, Scortia, Kuz'a of the Ki'Sha," The female said, slowly and steady. Finally looking up, she met the Queen's eyes with respect, "My apologies if I have interrupted something?" As she spoke, flames from her mouth licked at the sky, a natural function to Sonus' body. The crest upon her neck thrummed with power and energy, slow and steady to match her own heartbeat.

Sonus flicked her tail, a greeting to Ardent, or so it seemed that she was flicking an annoying bug away. Sonus did not smile, did not sway from the look of the straight face that she gave towards the Queen, but entirely respectful. She was not an idiot, she had met plenty of powerful dragons that would even kill her, and she knew how to be polite to a Royal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scortia Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:57 am

Scortia flicked her tail, nodding at Imperia. She did, however, narrow her eyes at Ardent when the Stormcaller queen stated that the dragoness had probably been going out to meet with the Stormcaller stranger who was approaching them. So, her Shemscaluri was interloping with another tribe behind her back! The very idea made her furious. These desert hugging dragons had no business in dealing with her citizens. A punishment indeed, the brat would receive. The dragoness’s wings shivered at the very idea of the disobedience of a dragon so low on the social standing.

The dragoness would listen to the rat as she tried to defend herself. She would remain calm, but her voice was short and fierce, enough to shut up a raging bull. She spoke in Ki’shan towards Ardent, her eyes like fiery daggers. “No, enough from you, rat.  I will deal with you later. Remain quiet. Your whining voice is like a cicada’s cry.” she said in disgust, before turning back towards Imperia.

“A lesson she’ll receive indeed,” she said contemplatively, her voice switching back to neutral, as if nothing had happened. When she spoke to Imperia, she would change back to universal, as well. She looked back up at the massive dragoness approaching them, eying them with an unbiased fierce neutrality.

As they would approach, the dragoness queen would simply eye down the stormcaller soldier. The dragoness would nod her head as the other spoke. She was mildly impressed by the other dragon’s respect, since so few others had seemed to be capable of doing so. So, not all stormcallers were brainless fools.

“Greetings, stormcaller. You must be Sonus,” she said, flashing a glance over at Ardent, “No, you aren’t. I was actually just about to accompany my Shemscaluri back within tribal borders,” she said. She then turned back to Imperia, and dipped her head.

“Well, miss Imperia, it really was a pleasure meeting you out here, but I’m afraid I must be on my way. I didn’t intend to be this far away from borders for this long,”
she said.
Scortia
Scortia

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperia Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Imperia smiled courteously at Scortia, but she was not going to ignore that the other leader was snubbing her.
"Please, Ku'za, Ardent shall not be going back with you unless you and I come to an understanding." She turned to Ardent directly. "You are under my protection."
She returned to smiling at Scortia, but she backed away slightly as well.
The guards who had chased Sonus finally caught up with them, but Imperia waved them away with a wing and they hovered in the distance.
"We're all about friendship, but we do protect others. So please, Scortia, don't be too harsh with the Shemsculari."
Imperia
Imperia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardent Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:33 pm

Ardent felt sick, her voice falling silent in a moment. It wasn't… fear, not of Scortia herself that silenced her, but the fear of what she was… the power she had, the fanatics who would end her for laying a claw on their leader… And part embarrassment. She too had heard, and did, in truth, look up to Scortia as an idol and superb leader. To make such an error, to offend her… it tore a rift that silence and the cold filled.

As Sonus neared, Ardent blankly lifted her head to look at the other female, turning mostly away, but catching the flick of her tail. How desperately she wanted to embrace her love and shower her with affection, to ask how her sister in law, their child, their niece was… How Rihzome was… so many different people, anxious about how they were, but unable to ask in the presence of Scortia… if her Kuz'a knew how connected she was to the Stormcallers, she doubted she would make it back alive…

Turning away, to follow Scortia, she froze at Imperia's words. Turning to see the smile, the soft tone, she shook her head, ever so slightly. No… it could so easily be taken as challenge, and mostly likely was mean just as so. If Scortia lashed out, it was likely that Imperia would be wounded, and severely so. Not to mention even a single bite of her potent venom could possibly kill even Sonus herself. Staying silent, with a begging light in her eyes, she hoped the silver dragoness would reconsider her words, or better yet, retract her statement completely.

Ardent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:35 pm

Sonus nodded, dipping her head once again as she was addressed by her name. She always wondered what it would be like to be under command of such a Ki'Sha like Scortia. With the fear and loyalty. With Imperia, though, she did feel loyalty but not so much fear. She never exactly knew what would that be, if Imperia snapped one day...

Sonus stared in silence as her Queen made quite a big leap... And a big demand... Almost an order to the other Queen. Her stomach dropped as her head swiveled between the two Queens, almost facing off. She missed a wing beat and nearly plummeted out of the sky. Her enormous wings stretched further, creating large gusts of air as she pounded towards the skies again, panting slightly. The gusts would hit the others, hopefully not knock them off course. She shook her head, opening her mouth in protest toward her own Queen, but clamped it shut, for not wanting to speak without being spoken to. She was shocked, really.

If the Queen would carry out her ways, toward her beloved Ardent, Sonus would think there would be nothing left of the dragoness. Sonus had read about this Queen, feared by nearly all, and mysterious. She gave a little huff, flames dripping from her maw. She had to think fast, with her Queen being so open to attack, the guards standing by puzzled. These guards weren't well enough equipped to fight off a Ki'Sha, especially the Queen which most likely had Guards hiding all around them. It would be foolish to come this far out without reinforcements or guards. She flicked her tail again. She wanted to calm Ardent, so she hovered a bit closer, seemingly to the others getting slightly closer to her own Queen. Her heat radiated off, hoping to calm her mate. She stared at Scortia, heart and crest pumping.

"My Queen... With all due respect..." Sonus began, switching from the Ki'Shan Queen that looked like she wanted to explode, to Ardent that seemed like she wanted to shrivel up to nothing, then to Imperia, her Queen with a steady look to her face. "Is it the right to claim a protection over another from the Ki'Sha clan? For now, and... As an adviser... If... The Kuz'a Scortia opposes of your honorable offer, things could go South." She said, slowly, but steadily, picking her words with care. "We are not in a territory to be... Exactly throwing claims on others." Sonus paused, looking at the ground, hoping she didn't anger anyone. She didn't want to have bloodshed on the sand today, she didn't want to fight either. The Stormcallers where peaceful, not ones to attack... But to her, her Queen's words were a threat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scortia Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:59 am

As Scortia would angle her wings to turn away, her ears would perk up when she heard the dragoness, Imperia, confront her again. My, did this sand hugger ever know when to quit? How was she even still queen? It made the Ki’shan’s tempor fire up knowing this tribe was so complacent. If she wanted, the Kuz’a could easily wipe them out before they became even more of a pest than they were right now. The Kuz’as eyes would look up and down Imperia, studying her, as if she had just said something completely ridiculous, and she double checking to make sure the queen had really said what she had just said. With a small incline of her head, the sand colored amphiptere would turn back around, facing Imperia with an almost bored turn, eyeing the other queen.

She then spoke with a seriousness that she hadn’t before. This meeting was becoming a waste of time, she had concluded. Even though the Kuz’a’s patience was wearing thin, the dragoness was still observant, as she noticed the reactions of both her Shemscaluri and the Sonus dragon. Odd, that a stormcaller dragon commoner would have more common sense than their leader. It really made Scortia wonder about the stability of their government. Which made this encounter all the more pointless. Such a tribe shouldn’t even exist, she thought silently to herself, but her features betrayed nothing.

To the other dragons, she took on an appearance of being stern, yet calm, as she lowered her gaze to meet Imperia. “Excuse me?” she asked, in Ki’shan, before switching to Universal in order for the queen to understand her, not that she should grace her with that honor, anyway. “Pardon me, Imperia, but I do not believe I gave you the right to claim protection of one of my tribemembers. She is my Shemscaluri, and what I do with her is up to me. You have no business interfering in the affairs of the Ki’sha,” she said cooly. With her senses more cleared up now than earlier, Scortia was beginning to find a connection. It was clear Ardent and this Stormcaller knew each other. And even if the brute dragoness betrayed it, she was somehow connected to Ardent, as well.

And if her dragons had connections to rival tribes, deadly consequences could occur as a result.
Scortia
Scortia

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperia Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:48 pm

Imperia was puzzled by Ardent and Sonus' behaviors. To her the solution to this problem was quite obvious: When it came to defence the Stormcallers were untouchable, and even now they had Scortia significantly outnumbered. The Ku'za would realize this and back down if Imperia continued to call her bluff.
This had definitely not been how she'd wanted this afternoon to go. If only Ardent had decided to fly on past, or had the good sense to not mock Scortia. But she'd made that step, and now it would be a waste to only go halfway.
Did the other two know something she didn't? Imperia expanded her wind senses, taking several seconds to scan the area around them. Nobody was close, aside from that distant presence Scortia had noticed earlier. It was five against one, or against two at the worst, so why was Ardent so scared? She probably just wasn't thinking logically. That did seem to be an issue around here lately.

Imperia glanced at the others, shifting the angle of her wings to a seemingly more relaxed position that was actually preparing her to evade if she was attacked but Scortia or even the unpredictable Ardent. It never hurt to be prepared. She smiled at Scortia and responded in Ki'shan, with a part of a statement she had practiced in case she ever got a chance to publicly address the Ki'shan population, with a few alterations given to make it suitable for this particular scenario.
"I am Imperia, ruler of my tribe. On behalf of my tribe I claim that right. Ki'shan shall be welcome among us, and you may consider us to be your allies. I offer protection and friendship to Ardent, and to you if you want it."
She hovered slightly higher and switched back to Universal in order to speak more freely.
"I make my own rights. I always have, and under my leadership my tribe shall do the same. When I take Sonus and leave Ardent will have the choice of weather she wants to leave with me or not. If she does, then you won't stop her from doing so, understood?"
Imperia
Imperia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next