I forgot my password

Our Discord
Our Discord
Staff Online
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 8 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 2 Bots

AuSurath, Eysseth, Kyuurei, Rihzome, Scortia, Sephtis, Tsidia, the mind player, Vortex

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 41 on Thu May 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Toiling Through Strange Times [Open/Kaamil]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toiling Through Strange Times [Open/Kaamil]

Post by Katyusha on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:40 am

First topic message reminder :

It was an unusually warm day in the mountains of Layrian, as Katyusha would soar over the snow capped mountains, her eyes barely recognizing anything down below. Everything had been so quiet lately. It was almost as if her tribe had gone into hibernation. The ruler had been despondent lately, and most of her fellow citizens she had talked to had been evasive and avoided confrontation. It was all very strange to the young, tempered artist.

After a while of confusion, she had just shrugged her shoulders. Why should she care what the rest of her tribe was up to? It wasn’t like she needed to concern herself with any of the political affairs. She was just a Sai, after all. She had no business in that kind of stuff. She just went along with what her commanding officers told her.

Now, she had decided to take a quick flight Cashara’s Lake. It had always been a beautiful place to visit. It was one of the largest lakes in Layrian, and its shore was covered in pine trees, always coated with a sleek layer of snow. The lake itself was usually frozen over, but in different layers. The shallow areas of the lake were usually frozen solid, while the center and the deepest areas were usually only covered in thin layers of ice.

There were also a variety of breathing holes, where seals would poke their heads up. Always a pleasant meal for a hungry, passerby Kaamil looking to catch a quick bite.

The dragoness would take a deep breath, as she swooped down to the snow covered shore. The sun was high today, and there was very few clouds in the sky. She felt her paws sink into the soft snow, causing her to let out a small noise of surprise. Usually, the snow up here wasn’t this wet and soft. But she shook her head, and walked over to the lake. It still looked beautiful, glimmering and shining with the sun.

She couldn’t remember the last time she’d been to Cashara’s Lake. Maybe six, seven years ago? Those years all blurred together into a jumble of chaos and her work. She had become so focused on serving the law that she had lost track of time. The dragoness chuckled at the very concept. She gently trod over to the beautiful lake, gawking over it, as she lowered herself into a laying position, admiring it, and attempting to allow herself to relax.
Katyusha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Toiling Through Strange Times [Open/Kaamil]

Post by Katyusha on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:14 am

Katyusha watched as the stranger began to fly away. She bit her lower lip, resisting the urge to let out a sigh, her gaze flashing behind her to where Kenma was. She was glad she had been able to get rid of that problem before it became a nuisance. Nonetheless…. No, it was nothing, Katyusha had never been good at reading the mood. She was blissfully ignorant on that topic. The dragon seemed fine to her, even as he apologized and flew away, but who knew. And who cared, was always the little bit Katyusha added at the end of her thoughts.

Her attention now diverted back to Esridar, giving him her full attention. Now with Kenma’s nerves soothed a bit, she could focus her energy into getting rid of the Kainura. Or was that really what she wanted? The king’s attitude was conflicting to her. On one paw, she liked that he wasn’t stuck up like other politicians she had seen. But on the other, he also seemed to be oddly negligent of his duties. Or perhaps that was just Katyusha’s inadvertent disdain of political figures, trying to find something wrong with him.

That was another trait Katyusha didn’t like. Being a pushover. She admired dragons that took what take what they want when they want it. They don’t stand around moping all day over the fact that they can’t get the respect they need. Well of course you aint gonna get respect when you let the court you appointed push you around. Like, c’mon dude! But Katyusha had to digress. She offered a small, but fake, smile towards the king. Of course, having him here opened up another opportunity.

Katyusha wasn’t one for politics, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t ambitious. The king no doubt could control the police force, so getting it good in with him could help her position quite a lot. Maybe a nice house instead of the cave she was living in now? Only the rich guys got nice houses instead of some tree to live under. Talk about unfair, right?

She began to clear her throat, adjusting her sitting position, “Ah. Politicians, am I right? They take every no as a try harder…” she’d say with a smirk. Of course, she had to resist the urge to compare them to children, practically biting her own tongue to hold in the thought. Her eyes darted to Kenma and she flashed him a real smile, almost as if silently voicing what she was thinking.

(Idek what this post is rip)
Katyusha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Whispering Soul on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Most days they do, but I don’t hold it against them. Everyone has a bad day,”, Esridar paused. “But normally, I don’t let them push me around too much. But, since its unusually hot, I’ve decided to let some of it pass. At least for the time being." He thought about Kenma’s uncertain answer about how flying in a electrical storm wasn't necessary. 
I used to fly in storms alot. Especially when I was younger near the Vuari Mountains.” He reminiscence quickly.  He thought about one of his answers before, to the question to if he had anything better to do. They might think me negligent of my duties… He chuckled slightly to Katyusha’s comment. “Some do, but some take their… job, more seriously. As do I, I like to make sure that I have no other, immediate duties before leaving the palace,” 

His gaze was caught by Frost flying off, he watched from the corner of his eye until his form disappeared into his blindspot. He felt a little bad for chasing the dragon away, but it was for the best. He noticed how Kenma had been growing increasingly uncomfortable. He also noticed that Katyusha was beginning to open up a little. Its nice to know that other dragons don't think me as… as a stuck-up politician...  Esridar thought uncertainly.
Whispering Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:37 am

Kenma stared at Erisdar blankly, then shrugged. He seemed to be so at ease with handing out information, as seen from his casual mention of once staying with the Vuari. "No offence, but if you choose to fly in such dangerous conditions, then it's your fault if you get hit. But wouldn't that be irresponsible?" Eugh. That was a bit too rude, wasn't it? "...sorry," he added after a pause, ducking his head in an embarrassed manner, his fur fluffing up a bit in response to his emotions. "But yeah," he ventured thoughtfully, "it's nice of you to let their grumpiness pass... At least someone does understand that dragons have their good or bad days." His tone was uncertain but genuine.

A startled expression flew across his face at the smile Katyusha gave him, and he was quite sure that he knew the true meaning that lay underneath the uttered sentence. He flashed her a small smile, pleased at her attention but also amused, and he shuffled closer to her, his wings rustling with the movement. They unfurled slightly as he shook the stiffness out of them, before once again clasping them to his sides. He let the soothing whispers of the water licking at the banks calm him, ease his mind, let Katyusha's reassuring presence ground himself. The leaving of the dragon had eased his panic slightly, but he still felt some discomfort around the Kainura, who he did not like being with, despite the other dragon's cheerful demeanour. Probably because of his rank?

wriggly wyrms go wriggle
Artemise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katyusha on Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:52 am

At this point, Katyusha would likely become oblivious to Kenma's discomfort. He had grown calmer, to the point where his voice wasn't stuttering anymore, and he was actually bold enough to ask questions without wanting to get the hell out of there. He also wasn't shaking or anything like that. So Katyusha assumed he had either gotten a hold of his emotions, she had been able to do her job and be helpful, or both. She simply had not known Kenma long enough to question that this might not be the case, but regardless, she was happier and more confident than ever. And perhaps, because of this, if the Kainura wanted to stay, she wouldn't argue with him. Unless, of course, Kenma voiced complaint.

Esridar seemed like a chill dragon, pun entirely intended, from what the icy dragoness had been able to gather so far. He seemed like the type who would get the job done, but was also very down to earth. Still, in Katyusha's mind, heat wasn't a viable reason to let someone push you around. You could always stand up for yourself regardless of whatever tribulations came barreling your way. But Katyusha decided not to voice these thoughts. She was satisfied with Esridar's answer.

Glancing up at the sky, Katyusha let out a soft sigh, admiring the beauty. The Kaamil were lucky to have secured this territory. She smiled with pride. And she was certainly lucky to have it has her tribe. The sky was quite beautiful today. Cloudless. Perhaps that was why everything was so hot. No cover. Thinking about this reminded Katyusha about the hike. She glanced back over at Esridar, feeling the heat on her scales. She wondered absently if she should invite him.

She was then painfully aware of the silence. Normally, Katyusha liked silence. But she was also an extrovert. And when she was around people, she tended to get willed up. "Storms, huh? What was that like? Thrilling? Exciting? Lightning's crazy dangerous, you know. Blizzards are pretty dangerous too, but I'm sure I could handle one of those." she said proudly.
Katyusha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top