Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Toiling Through Strange Times [Open/Kaamil]

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Toiling Through Strange Times [Open/Kaamil] - Page 3 Empty Toiling Through Strange Times [Open/Kaamil]

Post by Katyusha Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:40 am

First topic message reminder :

It was an unusually warm day in the mountains of Layrian, as Katyusha would soar over the snow capped mountains, her eyes barely recognizing anything down below. Everything had been so quiet lately. It was almost as if her tribe had gone into hibernation. The ruler had been despondent lately, and most of her fellow citizens she had talked to had been evasive and avoided confrontation. It was all very strange to the young, tempered artist.

After a while of confusion, she had just shrugged her shoulders. Why should she care what the rest of her tribe was up to? It wasn’t like she needed to concern herself with any of the political affairs. She was just a Sai, after all. She had no business in that kind of stuff. She just went along with what her commanding officers told her.

Now, she had decided to take a quick flight Cashara’s Lake. It had always been a beautiful place to visit. It was one of the largest lakes in Layrian, and its shore was covered in pine trees, always coated with a sleek layer of snow. The lake itself was usually frozen over, but in different layers. The shallow areas of the lake were usually frozen solid, while the center and the deepest areas were usually only covered in thin layers of ice.

There were also a variety of breathing holes, where seals would poke their heads up. Always a pleasant meal for a hungry, passerby Kaamil looking to catch a quick bite.

The dragoness would take a deep breath, as she swooped down to the snow covered shore. The sun was high today, and there was very few clouds in the sky. She felt her paws sink into the soft snow, causing her to let out a small noise of surprise. Usually, the snow up here wasn’t this wet and soft. But she shook her head, and walked over to the lake. It still looked beautiful, glimmering and shining with the sun.

She couldn’t remember the last time she’d been to Cashara’s Lake. Maybe six, seven years ago? Those years all blurred together into a jumble of chaos and her work. She had become so focused on serving the law that she had lost track of time. The dragoness chuckled at the very concept. She gently trod over to the beautiful lake, gawking over it, as she lowered herself into a laying position, admiring it, and attempting to allow herself to relax.
Katyusha
Katyusha

Back to top Go down

Toiling Through Strange Times [Open/Kaamil] - Page 3 Empty Re: Toiling Through Strange Times [Open/Kaamil]

Post by Whispering Soul Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:06 am

(Shoot! I thought I posted on this, i'll post either today or tomorrow.)
Whispering Soul
Whispering Soul

Tribe : Kaamil

Back to top Go down

Toiling Through Strange Times [Open/Kaamil] - Page 3 Empty Re: Toiling Through Strange Times [Open/Kaamil]

Post by Whispering Soul Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:02 pm

(Had internet problems yesterday so I couldn't post, but I saved the post so here it is!)

Esridar smiled, he loved the times when he was young, not a worry in the world could bother him when he was flying in a storm, he felt as free as a bird.
Oh it was exciting all right, I haven't flown in a storm for a long time… I didn't really care much for the lightning when I was younger. I could tell when it would strike, I guess I just knew in a way, its hard to explain.” He paused, thinking about which was more dangerous, a blizzard, or a electrical storm… “I do believe that flying in a blizzard is dangerous, but in a blizzard you have to look out for the winds, but in an electrical storm, you’ve got to be ready for the slightest sound, crack of thunder, even the winds- I have to admit that I once flew through a storm with winds stronger than any blizzard i’ve flown through. I nearly got thrown into the Vuari mountains. Not that I realized I was so close after all.” After finishing speaking, he turned to Katyusha.

Although, I'm pretty sure you would be able fly through an electrical storm, if you really wanted to. I mostly did it for fun when I was younger. To be honest I kind of liked disobeying my parents in my youth.” He held back a laugh, oh how much did he miss being able to sneak out of the palaces he had lived in as a young’in, just to fly in a powerful storm that had gathered near the Vuari territory. Although, the memory gave him shivers, he always remembered vividly the time he had nearly been struck by lightning, he had crashed into the trees below him. But he learned from his mistake, learned from it indeed. Although sometimes I wish that never happened. He thought quietly. He looked up at the sky. Its been a while since i’ve flown through a storm. I’ll have to do it again soon. 
Whispering Soul
Whispering Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:15 pm

Kenma listened, doing the thing he was best at, absorbing every word that strung together into a sentence, that fell from Erisdar's lips. He slid Katyusha an amused glance at her claim, then shrugged as if to say that what she did was none of her business; he wasn't one to openly show his doubt, as he thought it'd irritate the other dragon. Kenma thought, and realised that while he enjoyed flying, didn't have the skill to last through a storm; his stamina was poor, and he tired quickly. He would have to give up the attempt after no more than five minutes, he was sure. Erisdar sounded like he knew what he was doing, but Kenma thought him rather foolish to risk his life like that. Didn't he have better things to do?

He wondered what Katyusha thought.

Kenma wondered how such a disobedient dragon became their Kainura (and tossing out the information this casually...). A small frown showed on his face, but nothing more, and he shrugged off the thought. He only nodded, nothing more, tilting his head at Katyusha as if to ask what she thought. His eyes tilted towards the sky: he wanted to leave.

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by Katyusha Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:57 am

Katyusha wouldn’t lie. She thought that the Kainura was being rather brash. He spoke like someone trying to get in on a conversation he wasn’t suppose to be a part of. But she had enough respect not to try to interrupt him. She merely sat in the snow, her tail every now and then twitching. Unfortunately for her, as she sat there, she began to realize just how incredibly hot it was outside. She was out in direct sunlight, just on the shores of the lake. Before it had been cool, because it had been earlier in the afternoon, but now it was starting to bug her. In fact, she could even see the droplets of water forming on the frozen lake surface. She bet if she were to jump in, it would crack under her weight

It was certainly tempting, but Katyusha was a terrible swimmer. Most ice dragons weren’t very good swimmers, considering how cold the water was, and how they rarely ever got a chance to swim. It was also mildly disheartening. Cashra’s lake almost never got to a point where you could actually swim in it, it was always too cold. Sure, maybe once or twice in her lifetime had it gotten to this point, but that didn’t make it any less unusually uncommon. Again, she blinked, only really half listening to Esridar.

Absently, the icy eastern dragon’s gaze would drift towards the forest, frowning a bit. What she wouldn’t give to go for a nice, relaxing hike through the woods. Sure, Katyusha preferred to fly, but a walk would also be nice, as it would cool her off to walk through the snow. Keep in mind, while although it was rather hot to the average Kaamilian, it was only roughly 35 to 45 degrees fahrenheit. So it wasn’t actually as hot as many would be making it out to seem. It was just hotter than normal. Combined with the fact there were no clouds in the sky, probably made it hotter than it actually was.

Shaking her head a bit, Katyusha turned her full attention back to Esridar, just as he was finishing up with his tale. To be honest, she had only really heard half of it. Shrugging, she said wistfully, “That sure does sound crazy….” she wasn’t too keen to out right ask how on Nuira he had managed to become Kainura in the first place, so instead she flashed Kenma another look, rolling her eyes in a way that was barely noticeable.

(Sorry Esridar. Katyusha’s just a rood butt Razz)
Katyusha
Katyusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3