Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

On Break (Alistair and Oculus)

2 posters

Go down

On Break (Alistair and Oculus) Empty On Break (Alistair and Oculus)

Post by Alistair Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:20 pm

For some reason the past month has been very busy for Alistair Foster. The Night Fury hadn't the slightest idea how come, but parents have been dropping by their young for Alistair (and other possible caretakers) to look over. It was no different than any other day, but recently even more hatchies have been discharged. With Xoya being a combat-oriented Tribe, there was probably not that many caretakers, so the few who took on the jobs were worked down. It was quite tough for Miss Foster, being given her small size of four feet. Some hatchlings were larger than she was! She was one of the tiniest dragons, if not the smallest. With the month busy for whatever reason, Alistair found herself getting fatigued rather easily no matter how many naps she took or the number of hours she slept at night. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon enough.

The Night Fury decided to take a small break. She managed to catch a large dragon with dark gray scales and asked him to take her spot while she wandered off for a few. Thankful for the break, she parted the daycare and headed towards a pond she tended to hang out around. A few dragons were already there doing their own thing. Alistair flopped down on her belly near the water and let her tongue droop from her maw as she cooled off and relaxed. She took a deep inhale through the nose, and exhaled in a puff. She loved Hatchlings, but she wasn't sure whether to look forward to going back. She'd have to, but it would mean total chaos. There were so many hatchies. . . It was hard to look after them all!
Alistair
Alistair

Back to top Go down

On Break (Alistair and Oculus) Empty Re: On Break (Alistair and Oculus)

Post by Oculus Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:39 pm

Indoor meetings were always a bore. Talk talk talk, yap yap yap, and then go home and accomplish nothing. Besides a bore, they caused headaches and muscle stiffness. Oculus shook his head as he left the meeting, needing the fresh air to calm his head. Following a nice trail around, he walked to clear his head of thoughts that were weighing the pros and cons of beating those in the meeting up to the loads of paperwork that followed such an action. After a good 10 or so minutes, he felt much calmer and came across a pond. Seeing a black lump laying next to the water, he raised a brow, trying to focus on the details to see who it was. "Excuse me miss, but are you alright?" he asked as a dragon flopped so exhausted near the pond was not a common sight. She could have been ill, or just tired of whatever days events had come over her. Water was always a source of calming to him, so maybe it was calming for her too.
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Sleep was beckoning to her, and Alistair was just about to accept the invite when an unfamiliar voice reached her ears. Attention grabbed, the Night Fury raised her head lazily and laid her eyes on a dragon who was much larger than she was. Almost instantly Alistair recognized the air of authority trapped within this new dragon's aura, and the female was rather quick to assume that this was a powerful drake indeed.

Embarrassed, she staggered to her feet. "O- Oh. . ." Her ears burned hot. "Sorry, I was just, ah. . ." Alistair glanced across the pond, then looked back up at the larger dragon's golden eyes. "Just resting." Hoping to turn the attention away from herself, the flustered dragoness quickly said, "Busy day, huh?"
Alistair
Alistair

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:21 pm

The small dragoness seemed to become quite flustered with his presence.  The cool evening breeze felt nice on his back, so he lifted his head to enjoy it, letting the wind work its way between the scales on his back as he listened with one ear facing Alistair.  He could hear the embarrassment warble in her soft voice.  Judging by how quickly she got to her feet, or tried, he guessed that he was recognized by her for his position.  Mentally sighing, he turned his head back to Alistair with a smile plastered on his maw.  If she knew his position, it might be nerves affecting her, so putting on a friendly smile might help.  "Sorry for what?  Resting on a nice afternoon day near a pond?  I know meetings are long, but I didn't hear about a new law forbidding that." Chuckling lightly, he laid down near the water and lowered his head to be more at eye level.  "If you mean busy as in active, no.  If you mean busy as in time consuming, yes.  I won't bore you with the details though.
 You seem to have had a rough day, what were you doing?
" He was curious as to what could have exhausted on such as herself so heavily today. Was she a trainee trying to prove herself? Doing a heavy lifting sort of job? Oculus did not know and his curiousity was getting the better of him.
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down