Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

What The Heck (Priv/Ayato)

3 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What The Heck (Priv/Ayato) - Page 3 Empty What The Heck (Priv/Ayato)

Post by Athena Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:12 am

First topic message reminder :

It was.. Hot. Hotter then she expected. Or maybe that was just her Ice Wyvern blood talking. The humid heat was washing over her like a wave over sand, heating her till she was at boiling point. At any moment, Athena half expected to burst into flames. She wouldn't be surprised, considering her luck.

Her feathers were damp with sweat, leaning over each other to press against her back, their once bright cyan colour reduced to a dark blue. Her breaths no longer came out in misty white clouds, no, the air she was breathing out was warm too. Great. The wind brought no cold, and the sand that was swept up from the ground stung her eyes like a thousand bees. Why? You're probably asking. Why, in the name of the Gods, is she out here?

Curiosity.

Yes, it was curiosity that led Athena to the borders of the Ki'Sha. She was wandering along one of their edges, wondering how savagely she would be torn apart of she so much as stepped into their lands. The Ki'Sha weren't like their peace loving neighbors, the Stormcallers, but they weren't very nice either. It was a hard life, only the strongest survived.

Funny, that was rather appealing to her.

If one had looked, they would, have seen a white Wyvern, sticking out like a sore thumb against the sandy dunes, looking rather weakened from the heat, staring into the territory of the Ki'Sha as she paced their borders. A rather strange sight, one might say.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

What The Heck (Priv/Ayato) - Page 3 Empty Re: What The Heck (Priv/Ayato)

Post by Artemise Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:43 am

Ayato just loved how easily Athena was riled up, reacting to almost every word he uttered, whether it be physically - the bristling of her feathers - or verbally, lashing back with her own retort. It was fun, if he had to admit it, but if the Kuz'a did not deem this female worthy, then he would forget about her. Though, it would be quite hard to forget such a unique individual - or such a sharp tongue. He rolled his eyes. The Ugaans had always tried to hide it, but they always had feared his wrath and his short temper - Athena was almost the same as he was, except with less experience under her belt. He wondered how hellish the lives of the Ugaan would be if Athena joined their ranks.

However, friends or not (friends? Was it possible for such a thing to happen? To him?), if she as much as flicked her tail in the wrong direction, he would educate her. In public, whether or not it cost him... Cost him what, exactly? He didn't need her. As much as he enjoyed being in her company, he didn't need anything from her: Her approval, or whatever. He would not throw away his life or rank for her. Would he? But honestly, now was not the time to suggest such things. He didn't even know when such thoughts had snaked their way into his mind. A strange shadow crossed his face, quickly gone. "I'm not going to save your butt if you're stupid enough to talk back to a superior," he said to Athena, raising an eye-ridge when she didn't snap back at his remark, instead coolly giving him a calm response. Training yourself already?

They trudged forward, eventually stepping into the city, the sands giving way to pavement, worn by years of paws pressing against it in the steady rhythm of walking, marching or running. Curious stares followed them, but Ayato met them all with a cool glare, which quickly had their heads bowing and turning to scurry away. It would do them no good to invoke the wrath of an Aliugaan - and Ayato was famed or his short temper.

Last edited by Artemise on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Artemise
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:02 am

Ayato was infuriating. He knew just how to get her feathers in a twist, which was both impressive and very much annoying. He seemed to know where to poke the bear, where to nip at her nerves. Or perhaps that was just his personality. Blunt and calm about it. Ohh, that irritated her, because Athena knew that no matter how much she responded, how mean her remarks were, she'd only be fuelling the flames. Don't give him any satisfaction, she urged herself, although it proved incredibly difficult, dealing with this male. still, there was a part of her that almost enjoyed the banter between them, if one could call it that. There was perhaps a bit of scorn thrown into some of the remarks, an incredible amount of ill-temper on her part, but it was.. Refreshing, somehow.

Athena knew there was a chance she wouldn't be accepted. A prominent one, actually. If she got kicked out, she knew Ayato would dismiss her. That was fine with her. Still though, it would be a bummer if that were to happen. She hadn't developed an attachment to this male, had she? Dear gods, no. She enjoyed his company greatly, but she wasn't going to throw herself at his feet and proclaim their ever-lasting friendship, nor would she risk her life for him. Still, he was the first dragon in a while who didn't scoff or cry 'rude' at her brash and bold personality, her forward way of doing things.

At his words, Athena flicked her tail slightly, but again, kept her mouth shut. Understandable. I wouldn't either. And she meant it. She was a stranger to him, just as he was to her.

The sand transferred to path, enveloping them into the city. Athena tensed, eyes darting everywhere, awaiting some sort of protest or even an attack from the dragons around her. She was not in friendly territory, by any means. However, those that looked their way were quickly met with a cold glare from Ayato that sent them packing rather quickly.

Slowly, Athena adjusted her posture so she was more neutral rather then tense and aggressive. She didn't want to appear she was looking for trouble, so she 'kept her head down,' as her mother would have said, lowering her feathers and keeping herself from appearing stiff and ready to snap.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:15 am

Got tired waiting for Scortia to post on Audience, so... --

"I would say that I'm quite surprised you earned the Kuz'a's approval," Ayato was saying. "Most are rejected; few are ever let in. Perhaps there's something special about you? I can't tell, though." He made sure to squint at her in a most annoying manner, a (fake) thoughtful look inching onto his face.

They were wandering about, at Ayato's insistence to show her about ("I'm bored, plus, I don't want to see you mess up on your first day here. What kind of impression would I give everyone, bringing in someone so incompetent?" and had subsequently received a smack) and educate her on Ki'Sha's rules, mannerisms and religion. "Even if you don't believe it, it's better that you pretend you do," Ayato advised her, adopting a very knowing manner, and even looked at the sky in as mysterious a manner he could manage.

"Oh, and you'll be training under me, so when you arrive at the barracks, just say that you're here with the permission of the Aliugaan Ayato." He smirked, as if satisfied with making Athena acknowledge his rank, then explained, "it's absolutely necessary to say my rank, or it's considered disrespectful and the others won't hesitate to correct you. I've seen a newbie boldly call Yk'skez by his name, and things weren't pretty after that."

Last edited by Ayato on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ayato
Ayato

Tribe : Ki'Sha

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:57 pm

(Haha okay)

Well, that had been.. Interesting.

Her tail swept back and forth behind her as she left the palace, the only sign of her relief to be out in an open space. For once, the glaring sun was welcome on her dusty scales. Athena breathed in the fresh air and felt the last of the tension leave her body.

She was a Ki'shan now.

She felt strange, as if she was floating rather then walking. She felt lighter than air, her limbs felt like jelly. She hadn't been a part of a tribe for so long, her last one was full of fanatic crazies, that it felt strange to know she was with one, with a rank and everything.

I would say that I'm quite surprised you earned the Kuz'a's approval," Ayato was saying. His deep voice dragged her out of her own mind and into the real world. "because most who are foolish or brave enough to try joining our ranks are rejected within a minute of being in her presence. Perhaps there's something special about you? I can't tell, though." After he spoke, he squinted at her, and Athena huffed, feathers prickling indignantly, betraying her brief burst of frustration. "Perhaps it was my gorgeous face that won her over," she joked, voice dipped in sarcasm.

At Ayato's insistence,  they were now walking around the streets, with his voice droning on about the Ki'sha's practises, rules and regulations, the usual, so she wouldn't 'mess up on her first day. (The sound of her wing colliding with his face was so satisfying) Athena listened, eyes going to his every few moments to show she was listening. Regarding the subject of religion, she felt reluctant to fake believing in whatever the other Ki'shan did, but decided that she'd told worst lies. She nodded, although her neutral expression melted into a glare when he had the audacity to even look at the sky in a 'thoughtful way.' She bit her tongue, but she made sure he felt her eyes burning daggers into his skull.

Ayato always knew how to get a rise out of her, somehow. It was very annoying. Deciding that two could play at that game, Athena once more schooled her features, adopting a polite look of quiet indifference to his attitude. "Oh," he suddenly added, making her raise her head a bit. "And you'll be training under me, so when you arrive at the barracks," oh, she knew where this was going. "Just say that youre here with the permission of Aliugaan Ayato." His smirk made the knowledge she'd be acknowledging his rank even more maddening.

Somehow, somewhere, she found the strength to keep a spiteful comment from slipping out, and even her feathers did not twitch, she forced them to lay flat against her back."Alright," she said smoothly. She loomed at him and tilted her head as he told the story of an unfortunate, bold youngster who had called an Aliugaan by his name, and that it 'wasn't pretty after that.' "Im assuming he wasn't able to walk for a few days?" She said.

"So, how will you train me?" She asked, the words slipping from her mouth before she could stop them. "As in.. Will you test me on my general skill? Or will we just hop straight into training Mr up?" She felt a tad stupid, but her jaws had betrayed her. My body is commiting mutiny,she thought darkly.

(I'm on my phone so no access to colors for the dialogue. Sorry!)
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:57 am

I'm used to doing posts on the phone, so I understand the struggle xD --

The sun was no different than the usual, a bright orb hung up high in the sky that cast its stifling warmth onto the unfortunate mortals down below it. The windswept sand dunes around them rose up in bumps of sandy yellow, stretching on and on, though the view was partly obscured by the occasional temple or home. Sometimes, they passed by statues, stone artfully shaped into dragons, capturing a moment and holding it there forever. Or as long as the stone could last, at least.

"You have a rather high opinion of yourself," Ayato observed wryly, rolling his eyes at her, before flicking his gaze back to in front of them. She was amusing. Truly, it had been a while since he had found another who could amuse him so well, he thought as they continued on, footsteps not in synchrony, a bit like an irregular heartbeat.

He could feel her gaze on him as he raised his to the sky, an exaggerated look of knowing wisdom resting on his face. Ayato knew that she was trying her very best to bite back a remark - what for? he wondered. Of course, he didn't keep his eyes on the sky for lone, curiosity drawing his gaze back, and he peeked at her at the corner of his vision, noting the blank indifference that she had worn to challenge his. Tch.

Ayato huffed. "Close," he said. "He was given a public lashing. Couldn't talk for a week. The Ki'Sha are ruthless with their punishments," he warned. Be careful. Finally Athena's self control slipped, a snarky remark exiting her maw. He only shrugged. "General skill," he responded. "I need to see where you are, so I'll know which group to put you into."
Ayato
Ayato

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:18 am

(Its horrendous xD)

Now that she'd been out in the heat for several minutes, she was starting to overheat again. Her pearly white scales were starting go turn black at the edges, and where there was flesh was starting to turn pale pink. Wonderful, she thought. Yet another thing to set her apart from her tribe. Lovely.

"You shouldn't be talking with your wisetail attitude," she retorted, shooting him a glare that was half serious, half joking. She knew that messing with an Aliugaan was probably a bad idea, but funny enough, she didn't see Ayato as 'Aliugaan Ayato.' Just Ayato. Maybe that was because she hadn't seen the vicious side of him yet, if he had one.

Her tail swished, causing the half-moons to wink in the light. St his words, the ice dragon's brows would furrow slightly. She inclined her head slightly, acknowledging the subtle warning he was giving her. A tad harsh, don't ya think? she wanted to say. She could've understood of if he'd lashed out at this 'Yk'skez' with a talon, but for just being cheeky?

Then again, she wasn't in a position to give her opinions on the ways of the Ki'Sha.

Athena nodded again at the Aliugaan's following words, eyes flying to the statue of a dragon that loomed over them. "Fair enough," she said quietly, admiring the stonework. It was beautifully carved with careful talons. Wonder how long it took to make that, she thought. Realising she'd slowe d down, she increased her pace to catch up with Ayato.

"Why were you out at the border?" She suddenly asked. "I mean.. Surely you'd have more important duties than patrolling?" She tilted her head, meeting his eyes if he looked at her. She knew now he wasn't the type to sit around and look pretty while the lower ranked did his dirty work, he just didn't seem that way, but still.. Wouldn't an Aliugaan be off organising things? Gathering Intel from any infiltrators he'd sent to watch other tribes?

Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:09 am

Ayato: *sweats* I don't... I don't know why I was out there. destiny?? fate?? the Ki'Shan gods?? --

Ayato snorted at her remark, shaking his head. "What on earth is a 'wisetail'?" he asked, curling his tail around so that its tip was held up a few centimeters away from his face. "I don't see any wise expression on my tail. Do you?" He waved it at her, though quickly drew it back, not wanting it to be bitten off. He didn't know Athena that well yet, but was quite sure that she would not hesitate to do so, even if he was an Aliugaan and her a mere Ugaan.

She had asked Scortia whether she could become an Ugaan. Was she that confident in her combat skills? How vicious exactly was she, to have those scars all over? He did wonder, and was impatient to find out, but he supposed he would get his answer. Training started for her the next day, and there were no newbie Ugaan save for two others besides Athena.

He noted the change of colour on her feathers, from white to black, but decided not to ask about it, just like how she only responded to his quiet warning with a nod of her head. It would be a great disadvantage for her, though, seeing that the Ki'Shans had always been in the desert, and always would. She'd have to get used to it, he supposed. If only that weakness weren't so obvious - her feathers were curling like paper folding onto itself when fire consumed it.

Ayato inched away from her when her tail lashed about, not wishing to be cut on accident. He wondered what she was thinking of him and of the Ki'Sha. Or maybe she didn't have any opinions on that topic yet, if any at all. She slowed down, attention drawn to a statue they passed. One of the previous Ki'Shan leaders, of the Linfae family.

She hurried to catch up with him, and he glanced at her. "...boredom," he responded simply.
Ayato
Ayato

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:04 am

(Athena: FOR PLOT REASONS :D)

Athena mirrored Ayato's scowl, her mouth twisting in displeasure as he questioned the meaning of 'wisetail.' "You are," she said, fighting to keep the annoyance out of her voice. "A wisetail is a dragon who acts like they know everything or are rather witty but incredibly annoying," she clarified for him, baring her teeth slightly at his tail. He pulled it away and she bit back a smirk.

Even the sand was hot enough to burn her. Athena couldn't help the quiet sigh of irritance that escaped her when she looked down and saw the hooks on her wings turning black. The heat was weakening her mind as well. The corners of her vision had turned fuzzy, her mind clouded by, if she tried to picture it, a sandy haze. Her feathers had flattened themselves against her back without her help, turning black like burnt paper. It wasn't so much her appearance she cared about, it was her health.

Athena felt a slight smirk tug at her lips at Ayato's one-word answer. "Boredom?" She echoed. "The great and mighty Aliugaan was bored?" she feigned extreme shock, but quickly fixed her expression when two soldiers passed by, schooling her features into a calm, neutral expression. The nearest once glanced at them, but quickly adverted his eyes, not giving any other acknowledgement of their presence.

When they passed, she glanced over her shoulder to watch them go. "They look utterly delighted to be doing their job," she drawled, tone soaked in good ol' sarcasm. "It looks like sooo much fun, trudging around in the desert wearing stifling armor."
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:20 am

"Oh. Cool. Whatever." Ayato sounded mildly irritated at Athena for using him as an example for this... new word. New, weird word. "But I'm not annoying. You just think that I am," he pointed out. "It just depends on perspective." There was those moments where he was dull, flat and annoyed, and there were these, where he's thoughtful and it was almost disturbing how calm he sounded.

He thought of Kathyea, wondered where she was. Was she doing well? He still held a grudge, for abandoning him just like that, for not waiting. She couldn't hold out against the emotional trauma, she couldn't watch more dragons of their kind disappear magically and knowing what happened. She couldn't stand it, so she ran. Had she no hope for him? At all? Or maybe just thinking of her own self? "Say, what do you call a selfish traitor then?" he said flatly, his eyes narrowing slightly to go along with his tone. "Dead, because I don't put up with them, and neither does the Ki'Sha."

He slid a glance of irritation towards her, without moving his head. "Yes, it's possible. Boredom and the urge to wander. And you'll be wearing that armour one day. But it's time we turned back. It's evening. I'll see you tomorrow in the barracks. Bring your manners. And... get those feathers treated, if you can." Ayato smiled a little, before turning and striding away.

--

The next day, he found Athena and around nineteen other Ugaans (or ugfei) already assembled and talking to each other, or merely observing and analysing (smart). It was normal to have quite a lot in one group. If you weren't competitive enough, then it was the first sign that you weren't good enough. Use whatever you could to climb up and be the best amongst your batch.

First they would go through basic training to build their strength and endurance: Running in the desert and flipping over obstacles, etc. What was the point of, say, being good at fighting if you couldn't lift yourself up from being beaten into the ground?

Next they would be tested on different areas, such as combat and intelligence (only a few of them actually knew where Ki'Shan borders started and ended). Accuracy too, and he found some incredibly good shots. They had spikes or balls of various elements to shoot with, and could even handle whatever throwing object was given to them; he made sure to take note of their names.

There were some who were obviously cunning and sly, and there were those who fought ruthlessly, where a single blow was enough to deliver a wound that wouldn't heal too quickly. With a bit of training, they would become good Ugaans, their abilities varied. That was good.

Months passed, and soon Ayato was requested to pick the five best of his Ugaan to send them out on a border patrol - their first. An ambush would be waiting, and they would either react swiftly enough or die. Ayato would not be involved.

Sure enough, he picked Athena. Along with:

A small dark purple dragon, around twenty feet tall, as swift as a shadow, with eyes that glowed a cunning yellow. The viper - swift and cunning. Her skills of deception and planning were known by all, though her personality wasn't as pleasing. Amalyn.

A sturdy male around his height. Bulky build, but still moved fast regardless, just lacked agility. He, however, had excellent reflexes and brute force. He tended to appear gruff, but if you asked him nicely, he would patch your wounds up. His name was Ventarros.

A pair of twins, both the colour of sand, roughly fourty feet tall. They knew each other well, and functioned amazing with each other around. They got along pretty nicely with the rest, being friendly and all, but still maintaining a cautious edge; they were pretty indistinguishable save for their eyes, one with gold and the other with bronze. Tophi and Larkum.

"Keep an eye out for danger," he warned before letting them go. They were wearing armour, the standard grey steel. Heavy and able to take hits, but if you had requested, it would have been modified slightly. For example, Amalyn had thinner armour, but it allowed for faster movement.
Ayato
Ayato

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:16 am

Athena knew she'd annoyed Ayato, and loved it. She gained sadistic satisfaction from knowing she'd managed to irritate him. So when she heard the subtle vexation in his voice, she allowed a tiny, conceited smile to appear briefly on her face. At his latter words, however, she huffed and rolled her eyes. "Whatever," she snapped, smugness disappearing. "Smarttail," she added.

For a moment, she eyed him, this male of many blues. Her tail twitched as she wondered; What do you think of me? She was curious to know his opinion of her. As far as she understood, he tolerated her and had a bit of banter with her, but apart from that, he didn't seem to treat her a certain way. He didn't treat her as if she were scum -and was wise not to- and he didn't treat her as if she were an esteemed guest. So far, it seemed like he was just there to train her and make sure she knew how NOT to get into trouble.

At the mention of 'selfish traitors,' Athena raised her head slightly, the stem of her charred feathers perking slightly. She met his eyes and shrugged. "That may be true, but it depends on the type of betrayer they are," she tilted her head slightly. "And why they did it."

"Yes, it's possible," Ayato answered her mock horror with a look of exasperation. "Boredom and the urge to wander. And you'll be wearing that armour one day," at this, Athena would scowl, a low huff escaping her as she glanced back in the direction of the guards with a distasteful look. "But it's time we turned back. It's evening. I'll see you tomorrow in the barracks. Bring your manners. And... get those feathers treated, if you can."

Her head whipped around to catch Ayato's tiny smile. Athena rolled her eyes. "Aww, you care about my health? How sweet," she stuck her tongue out at him, but he could hear the good natured humor in her voice. She watched him go, and then turned and headed off.

----------------------

The training was gruelling. Even for her. What made it difficult was the heat of the desert and the high energy tasks they had to carry out. The running and flipping part was hardest for her. She wasn't built for the ground, she was meant to soar in the skies. However, she pushed through, with her dignity intact.

The dragons she trained with were of varied skills, some clever like a fox, others strong as an ox. Athena was.. Well, she wasn't sure what category she fit into. She was vicious and ruthless in a fight, but she wasn't a bull-headed titan like a couple of the others. She didn't have the slyness of the more clever dragons, nor the charisma to work well in teams. She was, however, highly competitive, and determined.

When the day came for her first border patrol, the first thing she felt was shock. Then, determination to impress. She stood quietly with the others, listening to the debriefing with a careful ear. The armor hugged her sides and was terribly uncomfortable in the heat. In an effort to stop herself from passing out mid training session, she'd asked for it to be lighter. It was somewhat less stuffy, and at least it protected her feathers and majority of her scales from the sun, but it was still highly unpleasant.

Out of the five of them, she liked Ventarros the most. She tolerated the twins, but didn't trust Amalyn. That female had a tongue that could slice through hides and weave tales so intricate with ease it was impossible to tell if she was lying. Athena was more of a 'bash the head in' type, but Amalyn was sly as a vixen.

Athena eyed Ayato for a moment before she followed the others, tail sweeping from side to side. She didn't talk much, so if she was spoken to, she replied with a nod or grunt, and otherwise didn't contribute to any conversation that took place.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:58 pm

Ayato sighed, visibly annoyed by the smile that briefly appeared on her face, but didn't say anything about it. She was allowed to have her own share of fun, after all, as long as she didn't toe the line that split 'rude' and 'teasing'. She seemed to not pick up on his subtle change of tone, sliding from annoyed to thoughtful, and he was grateful for that. It was a mistake on his part. He shot back, if only to lighten the mood a bit, "Nosytail," and lifted his chin ever so slightly.

Fair point," he acknowledged, nodding, but dropped the topic, not wishing to continue it. Ayato kept his eyes forward, expression distant, ignoring the curious tilt of her head, just kept walking forward, only at a slightly faster pace, as if escaping something. He didn't even know what, if he were to be honest.

"Very interesting observation," he snapped. "Why would I ever be worried about you? Worrying is so exhausting, anyway." He turned his head slightly, face holding an expression of disdain and anger, visible even if he wasn't fully facing her. Ayato eyed her briefly before striding away, and his retreating back would give off a feeling of something going and never returning.

--

Ayato nodded, a signal for them to go off, watching them as they marched as one, Amalyn in the middle as she was the smallest, with Athena leading, Ventarros at the back, and the twins on either side of Amalyn. Tophi and Larkum kept shooting small smiles at each other, as if to boost confidence, and Amalyn at last snapped, "Done with your creepy twin smiles yet?"

Larkum looked hurt but didn't say anything, turning her head away in embarrassment. Her bright golden eyes dimmed slightly. Tophi cast Amalyn a disdainful look, saying calmly, "It's sad that you don't have anyone to share your smiles with, though," leaving Amalyn fuming, beginning to snap a retort, only to be interrupted by Ventarros, whose orange eyes sparked with annoyance. "I hope you're done."

Tophi nodded at him as thanks when Amalyn's back was turned, and they soon lapsed into silence again. When they reached the place that Ayato had slammed into their heads repeatedly, the place to split, they did, the twins heading off to the left and Athena and Amalyn to the right, leaving Ventarros standing alone to look out.

All of a sudden, dragons burst up from behind sand dunes, sending fine particles of sand spraying into the air, as fire slammed into the ground next to Tophi, who yelled in alarm; courtesy of Larkum, sand rose into the air, collecting into a massive serpent that lunged for the three enemies that taunted them with bared grins. Fire rippled along the serpent, earning a surprise from the rogue who had sent the first attack, the fireball that was quickly extinguished by Tophi. The serpent spat fire at the three enemies (still unsure whether they were Ki'Shans or not, but probably not), trails of red and orange shimmering in the air.

Five would strike at Amalyn and Athena, two barrelling for the smaller female with fangs bared, while another slammed into the ground to send more sand into the air, her friend manipulating said sand to form a dusty, swirling storm around them. The last would slink up behind Athena and strike.

Last edited by Ayato on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Ayato
Ayato

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:07 am

Athena remained silent during the brief spat between the twins and Amalyn, letting Ventarros handle it. She didn't even glance back. As long as they weren't threatening to attack each other, she wouldn't intervene in their cat fights. She did, however, glance back at Tophi's words about 'sharing smiles.' She didn't react, but she did feel something shift inside as an image of Storm popped into her head. She returned her gaze to the horizon, scanning for danger.

Athena couldn't help tensing when they split up, glancing back at the disappearing backs of the twins with a tilted head. She glanced at Amalyn, unsure of whether to make small talk or not. She decided against it when she remembered the female could be about as catty and rude as anything.

She was about to go loosen her armor a bit when the attack began.

Ambush! Immediately, she leaped around, letting out a snarl as she scanned the area. Forcing herself to calm, she got into a battle stance, quickly summarizing the situation as her tail twitched.

She spotted four headed straight for her and Amalyn. Athena growled, letting her handle the couple attacking her as she turned her attention to the two conjuring the storm. The noise of the wind and the sand whipping into her face was a sensation she hadn't wanted to experience again.

She was about to go for the one manipulating the sand when fangs sung into her shoulders, talons raking down her armor. Athena roared and flapped her wings, leaping into the air and somersaulting in an effort to slam her opponent into the sand. She knew she couldn't fly, that it would waste energy in a battle like this and the storm would prevent her from doing any fancy stuff anyways.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:45 am

Athena performed a somersault, but it was hindered by the female latching onto her insistently, so both flopped to the ground - though the female was the one with her back to the sand, the force of landing with such a weight pressing down on her chest knocking the breath out of her. She was roughly sixty feet tall, scales gleaming black with dye that she had been instructed to smooth over her scales. She leaned her head forward and bit deeply into the wound she had made, before using all her strength to kick Athena away as the storm moved to obscure Amalyn, who shrieked in surprise as two males tackled her.

One of them suddenly froze as darkness slid over his eyes, into his mouth - invading his body, stopping his heart. A disgusting smirk crawled onto her face at the kill, but the other reacted swiftly, slapping her across the face before she could do anything. Amalyn stared up in shock - as the sand rushed to blind her in the eyes, fill her mouth just as she had done to their companion. She spat sand and more shadows, purple and black, gathered and swirled, wrapping tight around the wings of the sand-manipulator. He fell to the ground as shadows cut in deeper and drew blood, but sand never ceased to choke her, until Amalyn was still and quiet. Only unconscious, but still alive.

Tophi and Larkum fought the three in the air, the massive serpent writhing as yet another sand manipulator attempted to turn Larkum's ability against her. Tophi's fire rippled into the mouth of one, who turned out to be the fire-breather, who only swallowed the fire and spat it out in a flamethrower-like manner. Fire danced in the air, and suddenly the serpent seemed to explode, sand scattering everywhere - and Larkum dove straight through it, tackling one of the males into the sand while fire engulfed the other two, only to be put out by water appearing out of nowhere to extinguish the flames.
Ayato
Ayato

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:05 am

The pain in her back was like fire burning her spine and restricted her movements. Athena snarled, wiggling and twisting to try and make it as hard as possible for her attacker to harm her. It proved futile, as fangs like daggers dug into the wound on her shoulder. A piercing sound, followed by a sharp roar from Athena, filled the air.

She found herself kicked off with surprising strength. Lashing her tail, Athena spun and landed, skidding to a stop with a low 'whoosh.' She snarled at her assailant and brought her tail in front of her face, showing her the wicked half-moons on either side of it as she spread her wings to look larger, a low growl coming from her throat. If she lunged again, she'd suddenly whip down her tail and blast her breath attack, an icy breath that took the appearance of blue and white fire, before leaping away.

A shriek made the dragoness' head turn. Amalyn was struggling with two males. She dealt with one of them, but received a blow to the face from the second one. Athena watched, eyes widening, as she wrapped her opponent in shadows -another thing that she disliked about that female, her abilities- and was choked by sand.

An explosion of red light overhead made her glance up to see Tophi and Larkum locked in viscous combat with a huge serpent. They were fighting well, performing a deadly dance of fire and death together, easily taking down the serpent and moving on to the others. Where's Ventarros? Athena thought. She couldn't see him, and returned her attention to Amayln.

No matter how much she creeped her out, she was in danger, defenceless if anyone went to finish the job. Athena fled from the dragon attacking her, suddenly thankful for the running training she'd received. Leaping over a small dune, she skidded to a stop next to her fellow Ugaan and twisted around to confront the attacker if she pursued.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:39 am

Feel free to control the rogue attacking Athena. --

Tophi and Larkum weren't winning, but then again, neither their opponents. Despite being outmatched by age and experience, Tophi and Larkum both had natural talent at handling their magic, one twin's creativity shaping their sand into animals that exploded in a fine spray of sand before coming back again, doing this repeatedly, and there was always bursts of fire waiting on the other side. Much to Tophi's horror, there was a wielder of water hidden amongst the three, clearly biding his time to wait til he could shock him.

His fire was, all of a sudden, put out by cold, cold water, which rushed into his mouth almost eagerly, drowning him, suffocating him; his fire tried to spark into life even submerged in its weakness. Suddenly the water would evaporate, revealing sand choking the water-wielder, clawing at their throat. Larkum, slumped against the dragon she had tackled to the ground, had obviously exhausted herself with this move, which she had always told Tophi took up a lot of energy - this scene flashed before his eyes in dramatic slow motion, black and white flickering to form an image: "I don't like using that ability. I don't like killing. But I would do it. For you."

Tophi's vision sharpened, and he was pulled back to reality, his eyes going wide as what happened seemed to slow, each second dropping with painful clarity: His sister's maw parting in a silent plead, even as fear flashed in her eyes, before one of her wings simply dissolved into ash that scattered over the winds.

Tophi shouted and rushed forward to slaughter the rest. Protect. He had to protect--

Ventarros appeared out of nowhere, shouting something about how reinforcements were coming - oh, smart, he'd done something that hadn't occurred to any of them - and he rushed to hold Larkum, staring in silent horror at her wing. "GET AWAY FROM HER!" he screamed, and Ventarros slapped him across the face, barking, "I'm healing her, you stupid idiot, now shut up and help your friends!"

The female was smirking at Athena, clearly triumphant over the fact that she had been the first to draw blood. Mocking laughter carried over the wings at Athena's move to protect Amalyn. The shadows remained around the one who had choked her with sand, but did not stop him from attacking, sand curling into the form of a dragon that towered at a height of at least ninety feet.

Four in total around Athena and Amalyn, but Tophi rushed in, fury blazing in his eyes; the sand-user and the one who had slapped Amalyn blew apart in a shower of fire, racing along the ground to lick at the other one's paws. Tophi couldn't do more than that, though, his magic reserves running out, though he did tackle the opponent with what was left of his strength. Amalyn woke, spitting sand, and looking a bit disoriented until Tophi-

"DO SOMETHING, STUPID!" and, looking stunned and offended, opened her maw to retort, until Tophi was flipped onto his back and blades sang across his eyes. Amalyn screamed and shadows suffocated the opponent, but it was too late. Tophi's eyes were gone.

The female winked at Athena. Come get me.
Ayato
Ayato

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next