I forgot my password

Our Discord
Our Discord
Staff Online
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 7 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

AuSurath, Eysseth, Kyuurei, Rihzome, Scortia, Sephtis, Tsidia, the mind player

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 41 on Thu May 04, 2017 4:06 pm

An Innocent Accident [OPEN]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Innocent Accident [OPEN]

Post by Hopechanger on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:42 am

A loud crash echoed through the street.

The source of the noise was a pile of crates that had broken under the weight of a dragonet. Specifically,
a dragonet that threw himself at said crates. Hopechanger, dizzily, managed to stand up and peel himself away from the splinters. He gazed longingly at the insect that was bumbling away from the chaos as if nothing happened. Catching bugs was always easier on the ground, where your wings weren't blowing your target around.

He had been enjoying a morning stroll, keeping his eyes peeled for any cool-looking bugs. Of course, he'd found one- an iridescent dragonfly. (He remembered being disappointed when he learned that they weren't actually dragons.) Hopechanger was in pursuit of the shimmering darner for a good five minutes, zipping down pathways and around other dragons' dens. At last, he saw the beauty rest its wings. Making sure it was going to stay there for a bit, he had pounced.

And that's how he ended up...

Defeated, he sat on his rump and began plucking wood out of his scales. As he was occupied, he couldn't help but hear someone coming. Oh, shoot! He scrambled to push the broken crates out of sight,
but as he disturbed them, more of their contents spilt out onto the ground.

Last edited by Hopechanger on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to open thread)
Hopechanger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Innocent Accident [OPEN]

Post by Gala Renee Susatherain on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:07 am

To her credit, Gala was a dragoness of pride. Not, perhaps, as prideful as some, but certainly she had her priorities. But despite all her pride, she wasn't really very well off. She had been living in the more crummy towns along the border of the Valeterrene territory. She bet if she got in trouble, and needed some assistance, no guard would even come to help her. They were all probably too preoccupied at the capital, keeping an eye on the godforsaken Rossa, who probably did nothing but lounge around in her fancy palace all day. To this, Gala held a grudge.

Most generally considered Gala a grumpy dragon. She was also the kind to be all talk, no game. She'd constantly blabber on about how she deserved better, and how one day, she might be the Rossa, but never actually took any initiative to improve her situation. And this, in turn, caused her to grow even grumpier, especially when others would point out her own lack of success.

But she was also prideful as a dragon. She could hunt, she could fish. She could do all the things essential for a dragon, so it wasn't like she was in danger of starving. But at the same time, she would much rather have others do that for her. Gala had always thought herself of the royal roll, and had never stopped treating her life like she belonged on the throne. With her stuck up attitude and quick temper, she definitely matched the quota for arrogant politician.

Today, Gala was doing a quick walk through the market. She enjoyed browsing the small shops dragons set up, but she also found selling food to be a bit of a waste. Honestly, all, or most of, the food was from Valeterrene borders. Why pay for it when you could just as easily go out and catch it yourself? You're a dragon, not a half pint griffon. You should have the capabilities to go get your own damn food.

As Gala browsed through the street, a sudden noise would catch her attention. It sounded like the violent thumping of various objects. Curious, she decided to go snag a look. It sounded like it had happened pretty close to her, after all.

Turning around a corner, she noticed that various boxes had been trampled over, some of them even breaking open to expose the goods inside. Gala's mouth twinged in disgust. What kind of business were these merchants running? Leaving your food out to go bad like that. She was so distracted by the actual event that she didn't notice the tail of the small Pori vanish behind another box.
Gala Renee Susatherain
Official NPC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopechanger on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:33 am

Ohh, he'd screwed up bad. Hurriedly, he used his wings to hide, before realizing that the dragon has likely already seen him red-handed. His shoulders sagged. As he stood up and slooooowly turned around, he couldn't help but stumble backwards. The dragoness in front of him was much bigger- and more intimidating- than he had anticipated.

"I," Hopechanger began, scrambling to find his voice. He drove his snout into the dirt in submission. "I'm so sorry! It was an accident! I- I can help harvest more! Please don't tell Fireflight, she'd kill me!"

His talons dug trenches in the soil, all of his muscles tense. When no immediate action came, he risked opening an eye and peeking up at her. Gigantic dragoness? Check. Pointy-looking scales? Also check. Very ticked off look on her face? Couldn't be more obvious.

A thought came to him: Who is she? Is she the owner of these boxes, or do I just look silly? Is she important? What's she thinking? Struck with doubt, he fixed his posture and tightened his folded wings. Perhaps, if the stars were aligned, he wouldn't get in trouble for this? A slim chance, but a possibility he was willing to work for nonetheless. He just hoped his manners were good enough for the task.
Hopechanger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Renee Susatherain Today at 7:14 am

(Sorry it took so long. I've been busy the past couple days .o. Also I apologize for the tiny post rip)

Gala raised a confused eyebrow, as suddenly, a small dragon shot out of the rubble. It then started apologizing profusely. Who's this kid's mother? And who the hell is Fireflight? wondered the lumbering earth dragoness. The dragon, no doubt a pori, had dipped his head down in an apologetic bow. Gala observed, for a moment, then she let out a sigh.

"Child, this stuff doesn't belong to me. So I won't punish you..." she then paused, narrowing her eyes, "However, I will take you to find whomever this does belong to, and apologize to them."

What? It was certainly more interesting than anything happening at this lame market.
Gala Renee Susatherain
Official NPC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top