I forgot my password

Our Discord
Our Discord
Staff Online
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 8 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

AuSurath, Eysseth, Kyuurei, Scortia, Sephtis, Storm, Tsidia, the mind player, Vortex

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 41 on Thu May 04, 2017 4:06 pm

'Til the Silver Moon Rises [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Til the Silver Moon Rises [Open]

Post by Chrocey on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:34 pm

And so it was, after arriving at her new abode, that Silver would find herself at a bit of a loss for words. Far from home, in new land that she hadn’t explored. Of course, it was she that had chosen such an unfamiliar location.

Life had been nothing but discomfort whilst living with her parents in the Etcan Mountains. Day in and day out, her time there was filled to the brim with uncomfortable little greetings and conversations with her mother. All the while her father simply remained quiet and stared at her from time to time.

This cave, purchased by their gold, was to be both a farewell gift, and her only means of getting them out of her life.

Silver knew her belongings were likely still being delivered to her new home, so there was no reason to retire indoors just yet whilst the sun was still beating between her pale white wings. Lifting her head in a regal manner, the jewel decorated dragon reached into a pouch on her front leg and withdrew a small hand mirror.

Luckily, the flight here hadn’t necessarily been the worst on her. Her eyelashes looked as well-kept as ever, her silver diamond earrings were shiny enough to blind a dragon three miles away, and the silver bracelet around the base of her tail still had all its glittering sapphires encrusted into it. Despite being a bit conservative with the jewelry (by her own standards), she felt she looked adequate enough to make good first-impressions with whomever she were to meet in the nearby village.

Tucking the mirror away once more, Silver turned and sauntered toward the village she’d seen on her way to her new home.

The Aeria Mountains were said to be more populated than what she was used to. It would be an interesting place to meet new faces.
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Til the Silver Moon Rises [Open]

Post by Athena on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:36 am

Shula had gone for a little adventure.

Having snuck a ride on a male's satchel as he flew out of the territory wasn't first thing on her list. She thought he was just heading to the other side, more towards the Palace. Alas, she must have misheard him, for instead of turning left, towards the inner city, he turned right, and flew out of the Stormcaller lands. He touched down miles away, outside a cave in a thick forest. As soon as his back was turned, Shula slipped out of the bag and was away, barely rustling a leaf as she went.

Shula was scared. Where was she? The trees were tall, their leaves obscuring her view of the sky. It was dark her, darker than she had previously thought, and with every step a stick or a leave crumbled beneath her paws. Every so often, Shula heard a noise, a new noise, that made her jump. Strange fluttering sounds, which were the birds in the trees, singing their little songs here and there. As she delved deeper, however, the forest got darker.. And quieter. She couldn't see anything from down here. Shula knew that the best thing to do when lost was to get to high ground. She looked up, and through a gap in the leaves, spotted a mountain. Ah! She could climb that! With new vigour, she set off.

Oh goodness, it was rather cold up here. Shula shivered from the icy breeze that sliced at her cheek like a knife. As she ascended, she began to really shake, from the freezing cold to her that would have been a wee nip to an ice dragon. As she scrambled up the rocks and steep climbs, Shula felt her inner adventurer kick in. This was fun. She had never been in another land like this one before! A tiny grin appeared on her face as she stood up, and turned.

The forest was spread out far below, flocks of birds taking to flight in the afternoon sun. It all seemed to good to be true. For a moment, Shula spread her wings, and imagined she could fly and roar with victory at her accomplishment.

A sparkle made her turn her head, just in time to see the most beautiful dragoness she'd ever seen descending towards the Aerian mountains. She was pale as snow, with gems in her tail and golden things around her leg. She was so.. Shiny! Immediately, Shula's magpie urges flared, and as the dragoness moved away, she leaped down to follow her.

She crept after the beautiful dragoness, drawn to her and her shiny jewels like a fly to a light. She moved quietly, to her credit, and rather quickly, but she was in plain sight if the female turned her head to look over her shoulder.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:02 pm

For the longest time, Silver felt as though she’d been incubating in the Etcan Mountains. Like her home, along with the town she grew up in, had been training her for what life was going to be like in the real world. That all dragons would be the same but in a different setting.

She wished with all of her heart that it wasn’t true.

To be honest, her home area had been utterly dull. Sure she committed the odd theft here and deception there, but so little was gained. One could only steal a toy from a hatchling so many times before realizing that nobody really cared.

Silver had picked this area because of its denser population. More dragons arriving and leaving meant that, hopefully, it was more probable that she would meet wealthy and powerful dignitaries. Ones she could befriend, and possibly deceive or steal from over time.

The more she fantasized about fortune and fame, the more it sounded like a pipe-dream.

Nevertheless, she treaded forward. Her dainty steps barely making an indent in the powdery snow floor. Her eyes looked upward to the faint sunbeams that trickled through the leaves of the path that she walked. The light danced off of her jewelry, and for the moment, she decided to take a breath.

Something smelled.

It was utterly unfamiliar to her, but she knew right away that she wasn’t exactly fond of it. Swiveling her head, Silver looked to the would-be source of this….scent. A young hatchling of crimson scales, one that looked far too young to be out here alone.

Oddly enough, the young one didn’t look the least bit scared or lost. There was no fear in her eyes, only curiosity and intrigue. Silver cocked her head to the side before speaking.

“Ex...” her voice caught a little as she hadn’t spoken much in quite a few days. Softly clearing her throat, she held her head high and continued, “excuse me, little one. Do you not know how rude it is to stalk and stare? If you are interested in meeting another, then by all means, introduce yourself to them.”

Her cold blue eyes were locked onto the crimson hatchling’s yellow ones. A stern frown was set upon her face as impatient thoughts urged her to ignore the hatchling and keep walking. The hatchling’s scales were enough to keep her anchored, however. In her life she hadn’t quite seen a dragon with crimson scales in person.
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:09 am

Shula found herself completely and utterly enchanted by this female. The way she moved, the way she gleamed like a star, everything about her was just.. hypnotic. The little hatchling was spellbound, trailing after her like a lost puppy after a beautiful wolf. She was practically drooling from the sight of the jewels and gems practically hanging off her. Shiny shiny shiny.. she thought numbly.

She barely noticed at first when the dragoness had noticed her, only when she spoke did she break out of her spell. Shula froze, mouth closing shut to stare guiltily up at the goddess in front of her. She held her head above her like a queen over her subject, proud and regal. "Excuse me, little one," She said, in a voice like silk. "Do yo not know how rude it is to stalk and stare? If you are interested in meeting another, then by all means, introduce yourself to them." Shula blushed, tearing her eyes away for a moment in embarrassment, thankful her scales were red.

When she dared lock eyes with the female again, her body went cold at the sight of the two icy blue eyes staring into her dim yellow. She looked perhaps a tad irritated by her presence, but she was so, so.. pretty, and shiny! Shula smiled sheepishly, then it faded and she sat down, curling her tail around herself. S-sorry miss, she stammered, finding her voice painfully high pitched now that she had listened to the lullaby that was the dragoness' vocals. I.. I co-couldn't help it. You're.. v-very pretty and y-you have l-lots of shiny things, a-and I li-like shiny things, and.. well.. she stuttered, now feeling an utter mess.

She gulped, and asked the question she'd wanted to ask from the moment she seen her. Y-You look like a princess.. are you a princess?
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chimera on Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Can I join?
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:06 pm

Silver glared down at the hatchling expectantly as she stuttered out a response. She tapped her claws against the snow in an impatient manner while listening to the youngling talk. “S-Sorry miss,” the hatchling stammered, “I...I couldn't help it. You're...v-very pretty and y-you have l-lots of shiny things a-and I li-like shiny things, and...well…”

Silver couldn't deny that she enjoyed the praise from the hatchling. Such remarks were met with a small smile forming on Silver’s maw. She thought about interrupting, but found herself curious about what else this hatchling had to say. More compliments were always welcome.

Though Silver fancied herself the queen of persuasion, flattery had a tendency to land dragons into her good graces.

“Y-You look like a princess,” the small dragon continued, “are you a princess?”

That last statement perhaps cemented Silver’s delight in conversing with this hatchling. The ice dragon did pine for the life of royalty. To be so rich and so powerful, while having the adoration of those around you. Not to mention the ability to silence those who would speak against you. It was always a dream of hers that felt like it was in a far too distant future.

Even so, the fact that this dragoness would mistake her for a princess was reassurance that her appearance was aligned with her wishes.

With a light scoff, the snow white dragon bowed her head, “I must say, I am very flattered that you would think so. Sadly, my father is not a king, and I have not married a prince or a princess...at least, not yet.” Silver let out a wistful sigh, looking off into the distance for a few seconds before fixing her gaze on the hatchling once more.

Silver’s smile had grown a little more, and her eyes lit up with a sense of intrigue. “I find you to be rather amusing, young one. I would not mind if you joined me on my walk. Might I ask your name? Also, what brings a red dragon such as you to somewhere cold?”
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Yesterday at 11:17 am

When Shula tried to explain herself, the eyes of the goddess before her hardened into frozen ice, lip curling to form a glare that was still somehow beautiful upon her face. She could be crying, and covered in grime, and she'd still be otherworldly beautiful. Yep. Shula was enchanted. This female had her under her spell. Still, Shula shrunk under her icy glare, tail curling self consciously around her in a measly attempt to protect herself from such disapproval.

As Shula commented on her otherworldly beauty, the white dragoness' mouth formed a tiny smile, evoking such admiration from the small hatchling she wanted to cry. She was so pretty. Normally, Shula wouldn't think much of an attractive dragon. The Stormcallers were a very friendly tribe, and in her times in the streets she had seen plenty of faces, eye-catching and eye-hurting alike. Yet there was something about her.. She radiated grace, pride, a regal aura that gave the impression of the highest royalty.

At her question, the beautiful dragon inclined her head slightly. I must say, I am very flattered that you would think so. Sadly, my father is not a king, and I have not married a prince or a princess.. at least, not yet. After she said this, she let out a soft sigh, adverting her eyes to stare into oblivion for a few moments. As her gaze returned to her, Shula felt self conscious again.

Truly? her eyes were wide. You look so.. royal. Like a queen. Shula had always wanted to be a princess herself, but not one of those arrogant, nose-in-the-air types. No, she wanted to be a warrior princess, princesses that adventured and did good things for her kingdom. Of course, such a thing was highly unlikely. She didn't even know who her parents were, let alone what title they held.

At the invitation to accompany the female, Shula's yellow eyes lit up, almost turning gold in their light. At the questions, she would bow her head, a shy smile forming on her face. I.. I'm Shula, miss.. Oh yeah. She didn't know her name. What name belonged to this creature? She stood up, an invitation for them to start walking. She walked up to her side and, when she began walking, so did she.

It's a bit of a long story, she said. I was out looking for food and I was trying to hitch a ride to the palace. I spied on this dragon, overheard him saying he was going to.. have an audience with the queen, or whatever that meant. A proud grin found it's way onto Shula's face. So, sneaky as a snake, I snuck into his satchel and he took off. I've done it before, lots of times, so I wasn't in any danger. Although.. he turned left, and flew out here. I wanted to explore, so.. well, here I am.A light shrug followed the conclusion. It's my first real adventure. The Stormcallers are nice, but they're a bit.. I dunno, boring. I've always wanted to see the big world outside the storm, so I guess.. this is my first adventure? she wondered what this female would think.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Yesterday at 5:22 pm

“Truly?” Shula said, “you look so...royal. Like a queen.”

A queen. Now that would be a dream come true. Shula certainly had a way of treating Silver exactly the way she wanted to be treated.

Silver looked upward as the two of them walked, listening to the crimson hatchling as she spoke. “I...I’m Shula, miss...” Shula paused.

“Silver Snow,” the IceWing interjected, allowing a few icy clouds to trickle from her maw as she spoke, “but you can call me Silver for short.

“You have an interesting name. I do not believe I have met anyone named Shula before. It is very unique.” She looked thoughtful for a few seconds, as though the name were a flavor that she was tasting. “Shula...Shula...I like that.”

“It’s a bit of a long story. I was out looking for food…” Shula continued on with her story, and the ice dragon patiently listened to all of it.

Silver looked down at the hatchling, her steely blue eyes watching her once again. This dragoness was very interesting indeed. She was mischievous, bold, but perhaps most importantly she was stealthy and unassuming. Silver thought herself sneaky as well, but even she acknowledged that a diamond could only hide itself so much before its glimmer called for attention. This was one of the many reasons she preferred to convince others to give her what she wanted, instead of stealing from them directly.

However, as she contemplated Shula’s words, an idea struck her. Perhaps with this hatchling’s assistance, stealing might actually be a more viable option. It was certainly a quicker means of achieving wealth than trying to build a relationship with her victim.

Shula was bashful, and a little bit nervous around those she found attractive. Silver saw a fire in those yellow eyes, though. One that she hoped she could tame to do her bidding.

“That is very interesting. You seem to be able to handle yourself quite well. And you are from the Stormcallers? I have heard their name before but am unfortunately unfamiliar with their history.” Silver’s smile slowly faded, “I can relate to escaping boring surroundings as well. I lived with my parents in the Etcan Mountains until recently, and it was utterly dull.” She looked straight ahead, “I do not expect this new place to be much different, but nevertheless, my hopes are high.”

Silver cast a sideways glance at Shula, “I suppose your parents must be concerned with you being so far from home.”
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Today at 10:58 am

(@Chimera, of course you can join in my opinion. I Have no qualms about it, but it's up to @Chrocey :D)

Silver Snow, she introduced herself as, the name rolling off her tongue like water from a mountainside. What a pretty name, Shula thought, glancing up at her with a bright beam on her face. You have a very interesting name, I do not believe I've ever met anyone called Shula before. It is very unique. At this complement, Shula would blush, visible to a keen eye even through her dull red scales. For some reason, she found herself seeking approval from this female, as if she were her mother or queen and she was her subject, seeking her favour constantly.

As Shula told her story, she could feel the chilliness of Silver's gaze burrowing holes into her form, something that occasionally made her stammer as she retold her tale. Now that she thought back on it, it wasn't really that amazing, but Silver seemed impressed. That is very interesting. You seem to be able to handle yourself quite well. And you are from the Stormcallers? I have heard their name before but am unfortunately unfamiliar with their history. Shula flushed once more at the complements, a shy, embarrassed smile sneaking it's way onto her face. At the inquiry of her tribe, she perked up even more. The Stormcallers? Oh, we're kind of like the 'open tribe.' Anyone's allowed in, but there's this massive storm," in order to emphasise the storm's size, Shula extended her wings like how a child would spread their arms when describing a tiger. That goes around it so you have to get in through another entrance if you can't get through normally. Our queen is Imperia, she's pretty nice. We live in the desert, and the complete opposite of the Ki'Sha, at the last word, the small hatchling would shiver, her eyes briefly widening in fear. They're the scariest tribe in the world. They'll kill anyone who goes near their land! A-and guess what? Th-they ha-have the meanest queen ever! Scortia!" the image of the Ki'Sha queen was a terrifying one, her hatchling mind conjuring up a huge, beastly creature with massive fangs larger then her entire body, and talons that could pick her up with a tip. Shula shivered once again, tucking her wings back into her sides as she glanced over her shoulder, making sure the horrible queen wasn't there.

I can relate to escaping boring surroundings as well. I lived with my parents in the Etcan Mountains until recently, and it was utterly dull. At this, Shula would grimace. I do not expect this new place to be much different, but nevertheless, my hopes are high. "No offence, but your parents sound boring," Shula stated, blinking innocently up at her. I think you'll like it here! I think it's quite cool. Maybe they'll be some cool treasure or something. At the mention of treasure, Shula would glance at the jewels hanging off of her. They were very beautiful.

"I suppose your parents must be concerned with you being so far from home," at this, the hatchling would falter, veering to the left for a moment before regaining course, eyes widening slightly for a second. Shaking her head, she shrugged. I.. I doubt it, she said, a slight shake in her voice. I never met them. She wasn't upset by them abandoning her, her young age and positive view of the world preventing her from seeing the reality that she was alone in the world, just a little saddened that other hatchlings had parents to play with. I was found by the Etcan Mountains as an egg. The Stormcallers raised me. I kinda just.. well, wander the city. It's a bit lonely, but you get used to it. She looked up at Silver, meeting her eyes. Besides, a cheeky grin banished the sadness from her expression. I don't think they'd like me, with all the trouble I get into.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top