» The Shallows [Private: Majesty]
by Majesty Today at 9:06 am

» SCREAMINGGG
by Oculus Today at 8:52 am

» Cor, the Cannibalistic Creep
by Scortia Today at 8:42 am

» A casual meeting [Private - Oculus / Ask before joining]
by Oculus Today at 12:17 am

» A Crystalline Shadow (private Ignacia + Rihzome)
by Rihzome Yesterday at 10:09 pm

» Growling Thunder -Open!-
by Caramina Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» An Unexpected Catch [Private / Invite]
by Azriel Yesterday at 8:44 pm

» Bond of Power (Private with Athena)
by Ayato Yesterday at 7:41 pm

» What The Heck (Priv/Ayato)
by Ayato Yesterday at 7:31 pm

» Smoke and Mirrors (Private with Haven)
by Haven Yesterday at 1:53 pm

» A Cordial Invitation (Non-canon)
by Tsidia, the mind player Yesterday at 11:33 am

» Sun Kissed [Open]
by Arkhor Yesterday at 3:12 am

» Hey I'm from Drf ~ I'm uncertain which tribe I should join.
by Europa Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:51 am

» Tomico, Forgotten SandWing WIP
by Athena Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:55 am

Top posting users this month
Athena

Ayato

Artemise

Oculus

Chrocey

Rihzome

Scortia

Ignacia

Majesty

Azriel

Staff Online
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

Rihzome, Senka, Silhouette, Vortex

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 108 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:04 am

'Til the Silver Moon Rises [Open]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Til the Silver Moon Rises [Open]

Post by Chrocey on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:34 pm

And so it was, after arriving at her new abode, that Silver would find herself at a bit of a loss for words. Far from home, in new land that she hadn’t explored. Of course, it was she that had chosen such an unfamiliar location.

Life had been nothing but discomfort whilst living with her parents in the Etcan Mountains. Day in and day out, her time there was filled to the brim with uncomfortable little greetings and conversations with her mother. All the while her father simply remained quiet and stared at her from time to time.

This cave, purchased by their gold, was to be both a farewell gift, and her only means of getting them out of her life.

Silver knew her belongings were likely still being delivered to her new home, so there was no reason to retire indoors just yet whilst the sun was still beating between her pale white wings. Lifting her head in a regal manner, the jewel decorated dragon reached into a pouch on her front leg and withdrew a small hand mirror.

Luckily, the flight here hadn’t necessarily been the worst on her. Her eyelashes looked as well-kept as ever, her silver diamond earrings were shiny enough to blind a dragon three miles away, and the silver bracelet around the base of her tail still had all its glittering sapphires encrusted into it. Despite being a bit conservative with the jewelry (by her own standards), she felt she looked adequate enough to make good first-impressions with whomever she were to meet in the nearby village.

Tucking the mirror away once more, Silver turned and sauntered toward the village she’d seen on her way to her new home.

The Aeria Mountains were said to be more populated than what she was used to. It would be an interesting place to meet new faces.
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Til the Silver Moon Rises [Open]

Post by Athena on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:36 am

Shula had gone for a little adventure.

Having snuck a ride on a male's satchel as he flew out of the territory wasn't first thing on her list. She thought he was just heading to the other side, more towards the Palace. Alas, she must have misheard him, for instead of turning left, towards the inner city, he turned right, and flew out of the Stormcaller lands. He touched down miles away, outside a cave in a thick forest. As soon as his back was turned, Shula slipped out of the bag and was away, barely rustling a leaf as she went.

Shula was scared. Where was she? The trees were tall, their leaves obscuring her view of the sky. It was dark her, darker than she had previously thought, and with every step a stick or a leave crumbled beneath her paws. Every so often, Shula heard a noise, a new noise, that made her jump. Strange fluttering sounds, which were the birds in the trees, singing their little songs here and there. As she delved deeper, however, the forest got darker.. And quieter. She couldn't see anything from down here. Shula knew that the best thing to do when lost was to get to high ground. She looked up, and through a gap in the leaves, spotted a mountain. Ah! She could climb that! With new vigour, she set off.

Oh goodness, it was rather cold up here. Shula shivered from the icy breeze that sliced at her cheek like a knife. As she ascended, she began to really shake, from the freezing cold to her that would have been a wee nip to an ice dragon. As she scrambled up the rocks and steep climbs, Shula felt her inner adventurer kick in. This was fun. She had never been in another land like this one before! A tiny grin appeared on her face as she stood up, and turned.

The forest was spread out far below, flocks of birds taking to flight in the afternoon sun. It all seemed to good to be true. For a moment, Shula spread her wings, and imagined she could fly and roar with victory at her accomplishment.

A sparkle made her turn her head, just in time to see the most beautiful dragoness she'd ever seen descending towards the Aerian mountains. She was pale as snow, with gems in her tail and golden things around her leg. She was so.. Shiny! Immediately, Shula's magpie urges flared, and as the dragoness moved away, she leaped down to follow her.

She crept after the beautiful dragoness, drawn to her and her shiny jewels like a fly to a light. She moved quietly, to her credit, and rather quickly, but she was in plain sight if the female turned her head to look over her shoulder.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:02 pm

For the longest time, Silver felt as though she’d been incubating in the Etcan Mountains. Like her home, along with the town she grew up in, had been training her for what life was going to be like in the real world. That all dragons would be the same but in a different setting.

She wished with all of her heart that it wasn’t true.

To be honest, her home area had been utterly dull. Sure she committed the odd theft here and deception there, but so little was gained. One could only steal a toy from a hatchling so many times before realizing that nobody really cared.

Silver had picked this area because of its denser population. More dragons arriving and leaving meant that, hopefully, it was more probable that she would meet wealthy and powerful dignitaries. Ones she could befriend, and possibly deceive or steal from over time.

The more she fantasized about fortune and fame, the more it sounded like a pipe-dream.

Nevertheless, she treaded forward. Her dainty steps barely making an indent in the powdery snow floor. Her eyes looked upward to the faint sunbeams that trickled through the leaves of the path that she walked. The light danced off of her jewelry, and for the moment, she decided to take a breath.

Something smelled.

It was utterly unfamiliar to her, but she knew right away that she wasn’t exactly fond of it. Swiveling her head, Silver looked to the would-be source of this….scent. A young hatchling of crimson scales, one that looked far too young to be out here alone.

Oddly enough, the young one didn’t look the least bit scared or lost. There was no fear in her eyes, only curiosity and intrigue. Silver cocked her head to the side before speaking.

“Ex...” her voice caught a little as she hadn’t spoken much in quite a few days. Softly clearing her throat, she held her head high and continued, “excuse me, little one. Do you not know how rude it is to stalk and stare? If you are interested in meeting another, then by all means, introduce yourself to them.”

Her cold blue eyes were locked onto the crimson hatchling’s yellow ones. A stern frown was set upon her face as impatient thoughts urged her to ignore the hatchling and keep walking. The hatchling’s scales were enough to keep her anchored, however. In her life she hadn’t quite seen a dragon with crimson scales in person.
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:09 am

Shula found herself completely and utterly enchanted by this female. The way she moved, the way she gleamed like a star, everything about her was just.. hypnotic. The little hatchling was spellbound, trailing after her like a lost puppy after a beautiful wolf. She was practically drooling from the sight of the jewels and gems practically hanging off her. Shiny shiny shiny.. she thought numbly.

She barely noticed at first when the dragoness had noticed her, only when she spoke did she break out of her spell. Shula froze, mouth closing shut to stare guiltily up at the goddess in front of her. She held her head above her like a queen over her subject, proud and regal. "Excuse me, little one," She said, in a voice like silk. "Do yo not know how rude it is to stalk and stare? If you are interested in meeting another, then by all means, introduce yourself to them." Shula blushed, tearing her eyes away for a moment in embarrassment, thankful her scales were red.

When she dared lock eyes with the female again, her body went cold at the sight of the two icy blue eyes staring into her dim yellow. She looked perhaps a tad irritated by her presence, but she was so, so.. pretty, and shiny! Shula smiled sheepishly, then it faded and she sat down, curling her tail around herself. S-sorry miss, she stammered, finding her voice painfully high pitched now that she had listened to the lullaby that was the dragoness' vocals. I.. I co-couldn't help it. You're.. v-very pretty and y-you have l-lots of shiny things, a-and I li-like shiny things, and.. well.. she stuttered, now feeling an utter mess.

She gulped, and asked the question she'd wanted to ask from the moment she seen her. Y-You look like a princess.. are you a princess?
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chimera on Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Can I join?
Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:06 pm

Silver glared down at the hatchling expectantly as she stuttered out a response. She tapped her claws against the snow in an impatient manner while listening to the youngling talk. “S-Sorry miss,” the hatchling stammered, “I...I couldn't help it. You're...v-very pretty and y-you have l-lots of shiny things a-and I li-like shiny things, and...well…”

Silver couldn't deny that she enjoyed the praise from the hatchling. Such remarks were met with a small smile forming on Silver’s maw. She thought about interrupting, but found herself curious about what else this hatchling had to say. More compliments were always welcome.

Though Silver fancied herself the queen of persuasion, flattery had a tendency to land dragons into her good graces.

“Y-You look like a princess,” the small dragon continued, “are you a princess?”

That last statement perhaps cemented Silver’s delight in conversing with this hatchling. The ice dragon did pine for the life of royalty. To be so rich and so powerful, while having the adoration of those around you. Not to mention the ability to silence those who would speak against you. It was always a dream of hers that felt like it was in a far too distant future.

Even so, the fact that this dragoness would mistake her for a princess was reassurance that her appearance was aligned with her wishes.

With a light scoff, the snow white dragon bowed her head, “I must say, I am very flattered that you would think so. Sadly, my father is not a king, and I have not married a prince or a princess...at least, not yet.” Silver let out a wistful sigh, looking off into the distance for a few seconds before fixing her gaze on the hatchling once more.

Silver’s smile had grown a little more, and her eyes lit up with a sense of intrigue. “I find you to be rather amusing, young one. I would not mind if you joined me on my walk. Might I ask your name? Also, what brings a red dragon such as you to somewhere cold?”
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:17 am

When Shula tried to explain herself, the eyes of the goddess before her hardened into frozen ice, lip curling to form a glare that was still somehow beautiful upon her face. She could be crying, and covered in grime, and she'd still be otherworldly beautiful. Yep. Shula was enchanted. This female had her under her spell. Still, Shula shrunk under her icy glare, tail curling self consciously around her in a measly attempt to protect herself from such disapproval.

As Shula commented on her otherworldly beauty, the white dragoness' mouth formed a tiny smile, evoking such admiration from the small hatchling she wanted to cry. She was so pretty. Normally, Shula wouldn't think much of an attractive dragon. The Stormcallers were a very friendly tribe, and in her times in the streets she had seen plenty of faces, eye-catching and eye-hurting alike. Yet there was something about her.. She radiated grace, pride, a regal aura that gave the impression of the highest royalty.

At her question, the beautiful dragon inclined her head slightly. I must say, I am very flattered that you would think so. Sadly, my father is not a king, and I have not married a prince or a princess.. at least, not yet. After she said this, she let out a soft sigh, adverting her eyes to stare into oblivion for a few moments. As her gaze returned to her, Shula felt self conscious again.

Truly? her eyes were wide. You look so.. royal. Like a queen. Shula had always wanted to be a princess herself, but not one of those arrogant, nose-in-the-air types. No, she wanted to be a warrior princess, princesses that adventured and did good things for her kingdom. Of course, such a thing was highly unlikely. She didn't even know who her parents were, let alone what title they held.

At the invitation to accompany the female, Shula's yellow eyes lit up, almost turning gold in their light. At the questions, she would bow her head, a shy smile forming on her face. I.. I'm Shula, miss.. Oh yeah. She didn't know her name. What name belonged to this creature? She stood up, an invitation for them to start walking. She walked up to her side and, when she began walking, so did she.

It's a bit of a long story, she said. I was out looking for food and I was trying to hitch a ride to the palace. I spied on this dragon, overheard him saying he was going to.. have an audience with the queen, or whatever that meant. A proud grin found it's way onto Shula's face. So, sneaky as a snake, I snuck into his satchel and he took off. I've done it before, lots of times, so I wasn't in any danger. Although.. he turned left, and flew out here. I wanted to explore, so.. well, here I am.A light shrug followed the conclusion. It's my first real adventure. The Stormcallers are nice, but they're a bit.. I dunno, boring. I've always wanted to see the big world outside the storm, so I guess.. this is my first adventure? she wondered what this female would think.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:22 pm

“Truly?” Shula said, “you look so...royal. Like a queen.”

A queen. Now that would be a dream come true. Shula certainly had a way of treating Silver exactly the way she wanted to be treated.

Silver looked upward as the two of them walked, listening to the crimson hatchling as she spoke. “I...I’m Shula, miss...” Shula paused.

“Silver Snow,” the IceWing interjected, allowing a few icy clouds to trickle from her maw as she spoke, “but you can call me Silver for short.

“You have an interesting name. I do not believe I have met anyone named Shula before. It is very unique.” She looked thoughtful for a few seconds, as though the name were a flavor that she was tasting. “Shula...Shula...I like that.”

“It’s a bit of a long story. I was out looking for food…” Shula continued on with her story, and the ice dragon patiently listened to all of it.

Silver looked down at the hatchling, her steely blue eyes watching her once again. This dragoness was very interesting indeed. She was mischievous, bold, but perhaps most importantly she was stealthy and unassuming. Silver thought herself sneaky as well, but even she acknowledged that a diamond could only hide itself so much before its glimmer called for attention. This was one of the many reasons she preferred to convince others to give her what she wanted, instead of stealing from them directly.

However, as she contemplated Shula’s words, an idea struck her. Perhaps with this hatchling’s assistance, stealing might actually be a more viable option. It was certainly a quicker means of achieving wealth than trying to build a relationship with her victim.

Shula was bashful, and a little bit nervous around those she found attractive. Silver saw a fire in those yellow eyes, though. One that she hoped she could tame to do her bidding.

“That is very interesting. You seem to be able to handle yourself quite well. And you are from the Stormcallers? I have heard their name before but am unfortunately unfamiliar with their history.” Silver’s smile slowly faded, “I can relate to escaping boring surroundings as well. I lived with my parents in the Etcan Mountains until recently, and it was utterly dull.” She looked straight ahead, “I do not expect this new place to be much different, but nevertheless, my hopes are high.”

Silver cast a sideways glance at Shula, “I suppose your parents must be concerned with you being so far from home.”
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:58 am

(@Chimera, of course you can join in my opinion. I Have no qualms about it, but it's up to @Chrocey :D)

Silver Snow, she introduced herself as, the name rolling off her tongue like water from a mountainside. What a pretty name, Shula thought, glancing up at her with a bright beam on her face. You have a very interesting name, I do not believe I've ever met anyone called Shula before. It is very unique. At this complement, Shula would blush, visible to a keen eye even through her dull red scales. For some reason, she found herself seeking approval from this female, as if she were her mother or queen and she was her subject, seeking her favour constantly.

As Shula told her story, she could feel the chilliness of Silver's gaze burrowing holes into her form, something that occasionally made her stammer as she retold her tale. Now that she thought back on it, it wasn't really that amazing, but Silver seemed impressed. That is very interesting. You seem to be able to handle yourself quite well. And you are from the Stormcallers? I have heard their name before but am unfortunately unfamiliar with their history. Shula flushed once more at the complements, a shy, embarrassed smile sneaking it's way onto her face. At the inquiry of her tribe, she perked up even more. The Stormcallers? Oh, we're kind of like the 'open tribe.' Anyone's allowed in, but there's this massive storm," in order to emphasise the storm's size, Shula extended her wings like how a child would spread their arms when describing a tiger. That goes around it so you have to get in through another entrance if you can't get through normally. Our queen is Imperia, she's pretty nice. We live in the desert, and the complete opposite of the Ki'Sha, at the last word, the small hatchling would shiver, her eyes briefly widening in fear. They're the scariest tribe in the world. They'll kill anyone who goes near their land! A-and guess what? Th-they ha-have the meanest queen ever! Scortia!" the image of the Ki'Sha queen was a terrifying one, her hatchling mind conjuring up a huge, beastly creature with massive fangs larger then her entire body, and talons that could pick her up with a tip. Shula shivered once again, tucking her wings back into her sides as she glanced over her shoulder, making sure the horrible queen wasn't there.

I can relate to escaping boring surroundings as well. I lived with my parents in the Etcan Mountains until recently, and it was utterly dull. At this, Shula would grimace. I do not expect this new place to be much different, but nevertheless, my hopes are high. "No offence, but your parents sound boring," Shula stated, blinking innocently up at her. I think you'll like it here! I think it's quite cool. Maybe they'll be some cool treasure or something. At the mention of treasure, Shula would glance at the jewels hanging off of her. They were very beautiful.

"I suppose your parents must be concerned with you being so far from home," at this, the hatchling would falter, veering to the left for a moment before regaining course, eyes widening slightly for a second. Shaking her head, she shrugged. I.. I doubt it, she said, a slight shake in her voice. I never met them. She wasn't upset by them abandoning her, her young age and positive view of the world preventing her from seeing the reality that she was alone in the world, just a little saddened that other hatchlings had parents to play with. I was found by the Etcan Mountains as an egg. The Stormcallers raised me. I kinda just.. well, wander the city. It's a bit lonely, but you get used to it. She looked up at Silver, meeting her eyes. Besides, a cheeky grin banished the sadness from her expression. I don't think they'd like me, with all the trouble I get into.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:54 pm

((I'm fine with it. The thread is open to all who wish to join.))

The extra color on Shula’s scales didn’t go unnoticed by Silver. It was clear that her words actually had much impact on this young one’s emotions. The aspect of someone hanging on her every word actually made her feel ever so joyful.

“The Stormcallers? Oh, we’re kind of like the ‘open tribe.’ Anyone’s allowed in, but there’s this massive storm,” the hatchling explained whilst doing a very childish display of size, “that goes around it so you have to get in through another entrance if you can’t get through normally. Our queen is Imperia, she’s pretty nice. We live in the desert, and the complete opposite of the Ki’Sha.” At this, Shula seemed troubled. “They’re the scariest tribe in the world. They’ll kill anyone who goes near their land! A-And guess what? Th-They ha-have the meanest queen ever! Scortia!”

Silver listened to the young dragoness intently as she spoke about some of the tribes. Perhaps the most interesting thing about the Stormcallers was the fact that they were protected by a large storm. It likely made for a good defense against any would-be attackers. If an army tried to invade their lands, they would all be funneled through secret entrances, where they could easily be beaten.

Such a tribe having an ‘open-door’ policy meant that they had no reason to fear anyone. It seemed to be a common trend that dragons become boring when they’re safe. She knew that from some of the ones she grew up with.

Meanwhile, this Ki’Sha tribe sounded very interesting. Killing those that come near their land, a ruler that was a ruthless...they sounded dangerous. Even so, brutality never stood a chance against deception. Silver very much wanted to ask more about them, but refrained from doing so after noticing how perturbed Shula looked whilst talking about the savage tribe.

“No offense, but your parents sound boring,” the crimson dragoness remarked.

Silver stifled a chuckle. That was certainly putting it lightly. She honestly could not name a time where she felt at home with them, or even a time where they didn’t look at her like she wasn’t supposed to be there. A foreign entity that they didn’t know what to do with.

After Silver’s prodding statement, Shula revealed more about her past. “I...I doubt it, I never met them. I was found by the Etcan Mountains as an egg. The Stormcallers raised me. I kinda just...well, wander the city. It’s a bit lonely, but you get used to it.” The sadness in her expression seemed to melt away when she looked up at the white dragon. “Besides, I don’t think they’d like me, with all the trouble I get into.”

“I have a hard time imagining you do not have plenty of friends,” Silver said with a grin. “You are very fortunate, however, being born without ‘proper’ parents.” The ice dragon watched as the village they were traveling to was coming into view. “Parents are simply there to tell you things that you will learn on your own anyway. Things like: ‘Do not marry a dragon you’ve just met’ or ‘Never eat blueberries before sleeping or you will have strange dreams.’”

Silver sighed, “my parents rarely spoke to me on such a level, luckily. Most of my time with them was spent staying out of their way.” She looked down to Shula, her faded grin rekindling, “you are much better off being raised by others.”

The IceWing waved her talon dismissively, “but enough talk about parents. Let us speak of more lively topics.”

The duo were reaching the boundaries of the village, and Silver’s eyes had the smallest hint of excitement behind them. She looked forward once more before speaking. “I cannot help but notice that you have been rather awestruck by my attire. Would you at all be interested in obtaining some jewelry of your own today?”
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:17 am

(I get the feeling Shula's going to become her little 'sneaky thief' XD)

Shula was completely enraptured by Silver, from the way she held yourself to the jewels she wore. She really did look like a princess to the hatchling, and she admired her for that.

So how did she grow up in such a dull environment? Shula had grown up in the streets, and after a while that got boring. She wondered how Silver could stand it, growing up with uninteresting parents. She glanced at her now, this jewel among dull rocks, and wondered what she would do with herself now that she was free of that life.

At Silver's compliment, Shula would blush, the female's grin making it all the more embarrassing. Shula wasn't very popular, especially with the adults. She was notorious for 'borrowing' shiny objects and never returning them.

To her surprise, Silver would tell her she was lucky to not have parents. At her reasoning, however, Shula would tilt her head slightly in silent agreement. Parents really just repeated things you'd experience later. For a moment, Shula wondered why kids stuck around their dams and sires at all.

Shula nodded in agreement of her switching the topic.Yeah, let's, she replied, returning her grin. While Silver's smile was elegant and perfect, Shula's was cheeky and one might even say cute.

Suddenly, she smelled smoke from small fires. Shula turned her head to see a village not too far away. Her eyes lit up and she bounced forward. "A village!" she cried. Was this where Silver had been taking her?

I can't help but notice that you have been rather awestruck by my attire, Silver said. Would you at all be interested in obtaining some of your own today? Such a question, such an offer, made Shula smile so wide you could see her back teeth, just protruding from her developing gums. Truly? Yes please! I'm an expert in 'obtaining' stuff! she exclaimed, winking as she emphasised 'obtaining.' She sprinted ahead of Silver before skidding to a stop, waiting for her to catch up. Her tail was twitching in her excitement, fins extended outwards in glee.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:51 pm

((Totally. That’s what I was imagining too.))

“A village!” Shula bounded forward. The excitement and motivation that the crimson hatchling possessed was palpable. Silver couldn’t deny that she found this trait of her new friend to be endearing. Of course, she did what she could to temper any outward displays of approval. It wouldn’t do to make this hatchling think she was invincible.

After Silver’s question, the young dragoness replied, “truly? Yes please! I’m an expert in ‘obtaining’ stuff!”

The fact that Shula seemed to be hinting at thievery made Silver feel relieved. It wasn’t going to be difficult to convince this young one to steal. The next step would be seeing if she was truly an expert like she claimed to be. The fact that she seemed so eager to move forward and find their mark didn’t exactly support her claim.

“Hold fast,” Silver said. “We do not dive headfirst into such things. Not when there are two of us anyway. We need to ensure we have some semblance of a plan.”

The ice dragoness moved forward into the village and beckoned for Shula to follow suit. “For the first order of business, we would need a cart of some sort. Something to carry a large amount of jewels and gems.” She looked down at the hatchling, “you don’t exactly have the biggest claws, and unless you have some sort of bottomless bag, we’ll need something that we can use to reliably carry our treasure.”

Silver noticed a few dragons looking her way in her peripheral vision. Likely the way she was dressed would grant her some attention from the locals, so she tried to keep her sentences as vague as possible.

“Once we have a way to transport our goods, I will talk to the jewel merchant. Whilst he and I are discussing possible purchases, you will pick out anything that catches your eye and will fit into our cart. Then, we pull the cart out of the village and sort out what we’ve obtained.” The white dragoness lifted her head a little and noticed that yet another person was looking her way. A yellow-scaled dragon that was standing silently outside of a clothing shop. The fact that he seemed so quiet told her that he might be listening in on their conversation.

“...you are my daughter,” Silver returned her gaze to Shula, giving her a please follow along look.  “And if anyone is to catch you and ask what you are doing, simply tell them the truth. It is your hatching day, and your mother said that you could get whatever you wanted.”

Nudging the hatchling a little bit, Silver smiled much more wide than she had prior. Such was her way of playing her role. “Now, let us see what this village has to offer us.”

Silver straightened herself and scanned her eyes across the layout of the village. It looked much bigger than most that she’d been in. The path that they were currently on lead right through the center of it. Buildings made of wood and stone had situated themselves on both sides of the path. A cocktail of smells permeated the air around them, the strongest of which had to be the forge that they were nearing.

Of all things that hadn’t appealed to Silver in her lifetime, forges were high on the list. They were dirty, and smelled of ash and hard labor. Simply being in the presence of one made her feel like she needed a bath.

On either side of the forge were various smithing shops. Weaponsmiths, armorers. A few shops down from the forge was, naturally, a jeweler who was standing outside of his building, holding a silver platter with some of the necklaces and earrings that he was selling in his shop. Likely trying to attract more customers.

Unfortunately, the clouds had rolled in overhead, and cast a dreary-gray over his wares. They didn’t sparkle like Silver liked them to, but she always had to remind herself that the jewelry still had value even if it didn’t look pretty under a certain light.

With the jewelry shop in her sights, all she needed to find was a place that sold carts. By the looks of it, the cart shop was...right next to the jeweler.

This was going to be almost painfully easy for them.

Silver looked down at Shula once more and whispered. “It looks like the jewelry shop is next to the weaponsmith over there,” Silver pointed. “You will usually find them near forges, since that is where they get their necklace chains and earrings from. Once you pick out any items you like, put them into one of the carts nextdoor. Afterwards, I will purchase that cart, and we will leave. How does that sound?”
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:35 am

Silver reminded her that they needed a plan before 'they dove headfirst into such things.' Blushing, Shula returned to her side, sheepishly mumbling "sorry." Silver walked into the village and she followed, trotting after her. Dirt turned to cobble as they moved onto the streets, the smell of melting iron making Shula glance at the nearby smith.

Silver began to explain the plan, mentioning they needed a cart. Wait, how much stuff are we stealing? Shula wondered, suddenly a tad worried. Okay, she didn't really rob much apart from shiny forks and stones, maybe an occasional ring, so the idea of potentially putting someone out of business was making her feel a bit guilty. Don't be such a wimp, something inside her snapped angrily. He'll be fine. Besides, what do you know about business?

Some dragons were looking at Silver, which wasn't surprising. Females glanced at her with jealousy, as if she were threatening them, makes looked at her with surprise and occasionally an emotion Shula couldn't name. She thought it began with an L..

OOOOH, now the fun part! Silver began to explain her role in the plan, telling her to take whatever caught her fancy and place it in the cart. Cool, Shula grinned at his prospect. She noticed Silver shift her gaze slightly and followed it to see another dragon gazing at them. Her anxiety, for a few moments, stirred like a loose tooth inside her head.

"You are my daughter," Shula jumped, drawn out of her staring by Silver's melodic voice. "And if anyone is to catch you," something that would not happen, she was sure. Simply tell them the truth. It is your hatching day and your mother said you could have whatever you wanted. Shula nodded. Got it, Mom, she whispered.

Silver bent down and nudged her. The touch made her shiver, the idea of having contact with such a pretty dragon electrifying. She nodded, and continued to follow, returning her smile with a grin of her own.

The village was really nice, cozy, very different from the Stormcallers' houses. Wood and stone made up the buildings, and the cobble beneath her talons felt so.. Again, cozy. It was a nice little village.

The smell of smoke and ash made her turn her head to see the forge they were now nearing. Shula glimpsed the fires inside and for a moment her expression slackened, eyes darkening. [i]I wish I could do that,[/] she thought as she watched the owner breathe fire onto one of his swords.

Realising she was falling behind, Shula quickly caught up to Silver, smiling with newfound excitement as they passed by weapon shops and armour shops. Smells and scents she had never sensed before wafted through the air, calming her as she tried to guess what each smell was.

Just down the street, Shula saw the jewel smith, and immediately her anxiety and excitement levels rose. She saw necklaces and rings and earrings. Oh, she wanted a pair of earrings so bad. As she followed her 'mother,' Shula became aware of the fact that dragons were looking at them, mainly at Silver. Uh oh. If. She was attracting attention, Shula would be seen. This mission would require utmost caution and utmost precision.

Silver bent down, and her breath tickled Shula's neck for a moment. She told her the plan, and Shula nodded. "Got it," she whispered back. As they drew closer, Shula glanced around. When nobody was looking, well, when nobody was looking at her but Silver, Shula seperated from her partner in crime, circling around and then slipping behind the jeweller. Nobody seen her as she entered the building.

There, she would gaze around at all the jewellery, and let her mouth water as she hopped up onto one of the glass casings. Oh dear. Most of the stuff, aka the good stuff like necklaces and rings, were locked beneath the glass.

Crap, she thought, glancing out the door at the merchant. She noticed the key, hanging from his side, and her eyes narrowed. Leaping down silently, she crept up behind him and glanced at Silver as she crouched down. Three.. Two.. One! She leaped up, snatched the key, and dashed back inside.

Quickly, she opened the compartments, snatching up a sapphire on a silver chain and placing it around her neck. She then snatched up a few rings and placed them in the cart.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:50 pm

With very few words, Shula set off to do her duties. The youngling was nervous, Silver could tell, but this was a simple enough crime that even a blind dragon would be able to pull it off. Additionally, Shula’ s age would allow her to wriggle out of any serious punishment if she were to get caught.

The ice dragoness watched Shula move, and was quite impressed with how quiet she was. Like a crimson shadow that nobody seemed to notice. The hatchling looked like she rehearsed her sneaking quite a bit, much like Silver rehearsed her persuasion.

Speaking of which, she needed to tend to her part of the scheme. With a very elegant stroll, she sauntered her way toward the jeweler. It didn’t take long for him to notice her approach, her piercing blue eyes locked onto his.

He was an older dragon, with tan scales and kind brown eyes. As Silver approached he held up his tray of accessories.

“Hello, m’lady. I can’t say I’ve seen you around here before.” His eyes shifted a little as he examined some of the jewelry she was already wearing. “Some of that craftsmanship looks familiar, though. Let me guess...Etcan Mountains?”

Silver looked surprised. “My, my. You certainly know your way around jewelry.”

“That’s why I got into this business,” said the Jeweler with a proud chuckle. “Now, what is a lady like you doing at a place like this? It looks like you’re already well adorned.”

The dragoness turned her attention to the silver platter he was holding, then plucked one of the necklaces off of it with her talon. She examined it closely before holding it up. “I am looking for something, and some of your wares caught my interest.”

“I have plenty of fine jewelry, but I’m afraid it might not necessarily be up to par with what you currently have.”

“It’s not for me,” Silver responded with a stern expression. “It is for my daughter. I bring her to town every year for her hatching day so that she may pick out what she wants as a present. I plan on surprising her this year with some jewelry of her own.” The dragoness placed the necklace back onto the tray before looking at some of the other accessories he was presenting.

“Oh how wonderful,” responded the jeweler, “I have daughters of my own. Three, to be exact. Their love for gems and trinkets is what inspired me to get into this business…”

As the old dragon rambled on, Silver took notice of Shula creeping out of the shop. What was she doing? Did she suddenly decide to give up?

Just as the icewing was starting to curse herself for trusting a hatchling, she realized that there was a key dangling from the old dragon’s side. All the pieces connected in Silver’s mind, and her faith in her partner was restored.

She did everything she could to keep her focus on the jeweler, trying not to give away that Shula was sneaking up behind him.

Suddenly, in one swift movement, the crimson dragoness swiped the key from the merchant before disappearing back inside.

“...I love them so much, even if they are spoiled sometimes,” the earthy dragon finished.

“I can imagine so. Do they plan on taking over this business for you when you retire?”

The elder replied with a weathered laugh, “oh no, no. They don’t quite care enough to know the values of gems. All they seem to care about is what sparkles the most.” He let out a soft sigh, “no, I’m planning on retiring sometime soon. Just sell my whole stock and live the rest of my days somewhere sunny. Maybe find an oasis somewhere in the desert.”

“That is...interesting,” Silver said with a hint of disgust. A desert sounded like a horrible place to retire.

“Yes, yes...but I’m sure you didn’t come here to listen to me talk. Come. Let’s go inside and find something for your little one. I’ll give you a good deal on some of my finer pieces since I’m mostly just trying to get rid of everything.”

Silver’s eyes widened a little bit as the tan dragon began turning to go back inside. “Actually,” she interjected and placed her talon delicately on his arm. He stopped and looked at her once more. “I would like to purchase these.”

She randomly picked up a pair of turquoise earrings from the tray.

“Oh…” the jeweler looked a little surprised and disappointed with her choice, “well, I suppose the little ones have to start somewhere. I could probably give you those for, let’s say, two silver?”

Silver winced. Even two silver sounded like a steep price for turquoise. She decided it best to try and keep up her charade, however, and reluctantly withdrew two silver coins from the small bag tied to her foreleg. “Two it is,” she said before dropping the coins into his talon.

He quickly placed the coins into his satchel and bowed gracefully. “Thank you very much, my lady. I wish you and your daughter well.”

With a nod and a turn, Silver made her way over to the cart shop next door. She saw Shula placing some of the jewelry into one of the carts, then politely asked the merchant about purchasing said cart. After having to pay yet another two silver, she attached the cart around her midsection and began pulling it along. It’d been some time since she pulled a cart, so she moved a little slower than an average dragon would. But nonetheless, making it out of the village would be a breeze.

Silver swiveled her head to make sure that Shula was following her.
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:47 am

Shula decided to do two runs. She had spotted, on her way out, a pair of beautifully crafted gold earrings. Dumping the stuff in the cart, she darted back inside, clenching the key between her jaws. Leaping up onto the once protected shelf, she plucked the earrings from the display and, after grabbing a golden necklace with three rubies on it, went to leave, when she realized something.

The merchant. If he sees I've robbed stuff, he'll suspect Silver. Twisting around, Shula stood on her back paws, pulling the container closed and then locking it. Silver was purchasing something on the platter, probably to buy her more time. Hopefully he won't notice, she thought as she turned and leaped down from the shelf, making a nearly silent descent that could have been mistaken for a creak in the floorboards.

Darting outside, she left the key by the merchant's feet, making it out to him dropping it. Then, she'd creep away, retreating to the left and merging with the crowd. Making a wide circle, she entered the cart shop and joined Silver as she towed it away. As her partner in crime turned her head to check on her, she flashed her a cheeky grin.

Shula's legs were numb. They'd done it! She felt proud and surprised that they'd accomplished such a feat, and glanced over her shoulder at the jewelry shop. She ran up to the cart and, with an impressive kick of her legs if she did say so herself, leaped into the back, landing with a light thud.

She hopped up to the front and smiled. "That was cool!"
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Seeing Shula perched so happily on the cart made Silver grin. This hatchling certainly had the spirit for this kind of life, something that was even rare amongst adult dragons. Depending on how much jewels she stole, she could be invaluable for any future thefts they may commit.

That was, of course, if the young one wished to continue. A proposition that would be posed to her a bit later on.

“That was cool!” Shula exclaimed in a voice laced with excitement.

“Indeed it was,” Silver said in reply, “it is not over yet, however. Let us retire back to my cave and we will sort out your findings.”

The trek out of the village proved to be uneventful. Eyes looked in their direction, sure, but never out of suspicion. With any hope, the old coot at the jewelry store wouldn’t realize he’d been robbed until long after they were gone. With his stock taken, and no real evidence left behind, there would be nothing he could do.

A small bit of cruelty inside Silver hoped to see the old dragon as a beggar the next time she returned to the village. The thought of such a small action casting such a large wake on someone’s life was slightly pleasing. The same kind of pleasure she found in organizing gemstones by color.

Once the two had been clear of the village, Silver trudged along the path leading back towards her cave. She was already feeling exhausted from pulling, her breaths much more heavier and labored. “Perhaps the next time I partake in thievery…” she panted, “...it would do me well to bring along someone with a bit more muscle.”

The ice dragoness slowed to a stop. “Let us rest for a moment. Perhaps you can show me what you managed to grab now that we are alone.”
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:04 am

The sounds of the forest and the turning of the wheels was a soothing mantra to Shula, lulling her into idleness as they moved beneath the trees. While she waited, she would pick up the gold earrings. They were wonderfully crafted, with a few ridges here and there. As Shula examined them, she realised they were melded to form the shape of wings.

Eagerly, she pinned them to the top bone of her left fin, the fin twitching as the cool metal was pressed against the skin. Thankfully, she didn't have to stick it through, it was just a stick-on type. They flashed in the sunlight that crept between the leaves, and brought out the colour in Shula's eyes.

Hearing Silver's harsh breaths, she feared she was too heavy, and leaped over the side of the cart to walk beside her. She giggled at the white female's words and nodded. "You could ask Atlas, but I don't think he's very muscly," she laughed at the thought of a big, strong Atlas.

Silver came to a halt and at her words Shula would nod, leaping back up into the cart. She let Silver take the lead from here, wondering if she had done a good job. She'd tried to get the prettier stuff, and she had done alright in her opinion. Fancy necklaces and rings and earrings and all other things. Sitting down, Shula wrapped her tail around herself and awaited Silver's evaluation.

Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Silver released the latch that surrounded her midsection, then slipped out of the harness.

As she turned around, her eyes got caught for a moment on Shula, who was now adorned with a few accessories of her own. What drew the ice dragon’s attention in particular were the gold wings pinned to her fin. In combination with the hatchling’s yellow eyes, it looked very fitting.

“I see you wasted no time,” Silver said with amusement, “I must say, little fire bird, you remind me of me when I was your age. Albeit, I was not as rambunctious, but every bit as ambitious.”

Silver moved her talon over toward one of Shula's earrings and lifted it up a little to examine the design. After observing it for a few seconds, she turned away and circled around behind the cart.

“Now, as for the rest of our haul…” The white dragoness began to pick through the various accessories that Shula had chosen. There was a wide enough variety, so some items were worth a lot, while others very little. Altogether the jewelry that was stolen was well worth the effort. A pleasing response to Silver’s question of whether or not this hatchling would be worth knowing.

Despite the giddiness she felt inside after seeing the treasure, Silver kept her exterior as calm as could be. She never wanted to let excitement show, lest she end up making a fool of herself.

“You chose your jewelry well. A few of them aren't very valuable, but not many,” Silver turned her gaze to Shula once more. “You continue to surprise me, little one. We may not be able to buy a kingdom with this jewelry, but it is certainly a start. You and I should do this more often.”

Her expression hardened a little bit as she remembered something. “Oh...I almost forgot.”

The IceWing reached into her small bag and withdrew a pair of turquoise earrings. She lightly tossed them over to her partner. “Happy hatching day,” she said with a hint of sarcasm. “I could not fathom why someone would charge two silver for those. I feel that if we had not robbed that jeweler, he surely would have robbed others with his ridiculous pricing.”

Leaning her side casually against the cart, Silver began examining her own talons. “By the way, you certainly seem to know a lot of people. Atlas, Scortia, Imperia...” She looked up and smiled warmly, “people that perhaps I would like to meet as well. Since I helped you get your claws on quite a bit of treasure, maybe you can help me make some new acquaintances. Maybe sometime you can take me to, say, the land of the Stormcallers?”
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:49 am

(I don't know why, but my heart is utterly melting XD)

Silver's piercing gaze fell on her, and for a moment Shula felt self conscious with the earrings. Would she like them? Not want her to wear them? She liked them. They were pretty, and gleamed like polished gemstones. She liked how they were the color of her eyes, only brighter. What was that color? Gold!

“I see you wasted no time,” Silver uttered, amusement lacing her words. “I must say, little fire bird, you remind me of me when I was your age. Albeit, I was not as rambunctious, but every bit as ambitious.” Shula blushed, casting her gaze downwards for a moment. "Th-thank you, Silver," she stammered, a shy smile finding it's way onto her face. Then, curiosity would light her gaze. "What does ra.. rambutis mean?" she asked, pronouncing it completely wrong. Was it a good thing? She hoped so.

The nickname 'little fire bird,' was a nice nickname. Shula found herself getting embarrassed again. Would Silver keep calling her that? She'd like to think so. As Silver's talon came close, she flinched, but then she realized she wanted a look at her earrings and raised her head to let her get a better view. After a moment or two, Silver moved away to examine the rest of the cargo.

Shula observed her 'ally' as she looked over the jewelry, playing with her left earring out of anxiety and excitement. Did I do a good job? she wondered. There was a brief silence as she observed their treasure. “You chose your jewelry well. A few of them aren't very valuable, but not many,” Silver met her eyes and Shula tilted her head. “You continue to surprise me, little one. We may not be able to buy a kingdom with this jewelry, but it is certainly a start. You and I should do this more often.” Shula would flush again, hot red embarrassment turning her face an even deeper shade of crimson then it already was. Joy was also present. Silver wanted to do this again!

“Oh...I almost forgot.” For a moment, Shula was nervous, but then her partner produced a pair of earrings. Not as elegant as the golden wings, but they were very pretty. Shula leaped up and caught them mid-air, eagerly pinning them just next to her earrings. "Thank you! They're pretty," she said. “I could not fathom why someone would charge two silver for those. I feel that if we had not robbed that jeweler, he surely would have robbed others with his ridiculous pricing,” Silver said, clearly not happy at having been robbed of good money. Shula smiled, giggling at her words regarding the merchant. "Don't worry," she assured her. "This stuff will cover it!" she sniffed at one of the necklaces.

Silver leaned against the side of the cart, scales flashing in the sunlight. For a moment, Shula was transfixed, but then she shook her head as she began to speak again, curling her tail around herself as she sat in the cart. On occasion, she glanced over her shoulder, just in case the merchant came running through the trees screaming profanities at them. “By the way, you certainly seem to know a lot of people. Atlas, Scortia, Imperia...” Shula returned her attention to her ally to find she was smiling. “people that perhaps I would like to meet as well. Since I helped you get your claws on quite a bit of treasure, maybe you can help me make some new acquaintances. Maybe sometime you can take me to, say, the land of the Stormcallers?”
At this, Shula's eyebrows would shoot up.

"Well.." she hesitated, flicking her tail. "I guess I can. But you'll have to be careful, I'm not well liked." Then, a grin would find it's way onto her face. "You'll like Atlas! He can do magic! He's a sorcerer! He's really smart," her eyes lit up as she spoke of her friend.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:58 am

(I know! I love their dynamic. Shula is adorable and awesome at the same time.)

“Th-thank you, Silver,” Shula responded to Silver’s compliments. “What does ra...rambutis mean?”

At this, Silver couldn’t help but chuckle. “It is pronounced ram-bunc-tious. Rambunctious means very wild, like an uncontrollable fire.” With reassuring eyes she continued, “it is a good thing in this case. It means that nothing will stop you from doing what you wish. You are very much a free spirit.”

Perhaps the last thing that Silver expected was for Shula to pin the turquoise earrings next to her golden ones. Silver didn’t find those gemstones particularly pretty, nor were they exactly worth a lot. Something inside her, though, said that Shula would treasure just about anything the ice dragoness had to give her.

“Thank you! They’re pretty!” Shula exclaimed. After Silver’s remarks about the merchant’s pricing, the hatchling then proceeded to respond with, “don’t worry, this stuff will cover it!”

It was true. In the long run they made a lot more than they lost. Being as possessive as Silver was, though, she likely wouldn’t stop thinking about the silver she’d spent for at least a few days.

When inquiring about the Stormcallers, Shula seemed a bit nervous. “Well...I guess I can. But you’ll have to be careful, I’m not well liked.” She suddenly brightened up a little bit, “you’ll like Atlas! He can do magic! He’s a sorcerer! He’s really smart.”

“A smart friend who does magic? That sounds awfully helpful. I certainly hope he and I will get along.” She grimaced, “I do not understand what would give anyone cause not to enjoy your company, however. Once we show up, looking as delightful as we look in our newly acquired jewelry, they will be begging to be a part of our selective circle of friends.”

With a small sigh, Silver stood straight once more. “Until then, let us continue back to my cave.” She walked forward a little bit to look off into the woods. “We do not want to be stuck out here in...the..”

In a single moment, Silver saw a powdery substance surrounding her. She didn’t truly know where it came from, but it made her mind feel like it was numbed. As though she were watching herself from a third-person perspective. As though her body were no longer under her own control.

The wintery dragoness turned to look towards Shula. She saw that behind the hatchling was a stranger. A dragon with a small bag full of the same powdery substance that had currently put Silver in a daze.

“Sleep,” came a rumbling voice that reverberated through her skull. In an instant, her legs gave out and she collapsed into a heap. Her vision went dark, and the last thought she had before falling into a slumber was the answer to what exactly was happening.

Bandits.

(Feel free to let me know if this is sort of a weird route to take things. I was debating between a scenario like this and just returning back to the cave. Ultimately, thought this might provide a bit of exciting conflict.)
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:30 am

(no, it's perfect! :D Honestly, I was hoping for a bit of conflict)
(Awww, thank you! Silver is amazing :D She's very original)
(Also, Atlas is one of my alts :) If you want me to toss him in just let me know)

Silver deciphered the word 'rambunctious' for her, the description enough to colour Shula's face again. She ducked her head, shrugging as a tiny smile appeared on her face. She looked up and met her eyes. Thanks.

She didn't know why, but she felt like she could trust Silver.

The turquoise earrings, with a spot of polishing, would shine, all she needed was a bit of water and maybe a cloth. Funny, she chuckled. My hatching day's in a couple of weeks, actually. She grinned. Soon, she'd be twelve. Maybe not near enough to be considered an adult, but old enough to not be a baby. Or at least, she thought so.

She tilted her head slightly. Today was really fun, a little voice in her head uttered. I hope Silver and I can do it again really really soon. She liked Silver, genuinely, and not just for her goddess looks. She was clever, and witty, and gave an air of superiority. That, and she had this little feeling that beneath the sly exterior she portrayed, there was a kind friend in there. They were similar in a lot of ways. Both sought after shiny things, both were am.. ambitis, and both were smart!

“A smart friend who does magic? That sounds awfully helpful. I certainly hope he and I will get along.” Shula nodded eagerly. "I bet you will! He doesn't like stealing though, so maybe tell a little lie?" she gave her begging eyes. "I really don't want another.. what does he call it?" the hatchling put on her 'thinking face,' where her eyebrows would scrunch up and furrow to brush against each other, and she would go kind of cross-eyed. "Lecture! That's it," she grinned up at her.

Silver suddenly pulled a face. “I do not understand what would give anyone cause not to enjoy your company, however. Once we show up, looking as delightful as we look in our newly acquired jewelry, they will be begging to be a part of our selective circle of friends.” Shula grinned at the suggestion of dragons begging to be their friends. Usually it was the other way around. At her complement, she would blush again, dipping her head in embarrassment. "We'll be like princesses," she said, raising it again to meet her eyes.

"Until then, let us continue back to my cave,” Silver said, adverting her ocean blue eyes for a moment. Shula nodded and stood up in the cart. “We do not want to be stuck out here in...the..” Immediately, she knew something was wrong. Silver never faltered.

Suddenly, a strange substance, resembling crushed chalk, would surround Silver. It was then Shula felt the breath on her neck, red hot and scary. Acting on instinct, she leaped out of the cart, stretching her wings to give her more distance. "Sleep," came a deep voice as she scampered into the bushes.

Wait, what am I doing?! she shrieked inside her own head, and slammed her rump into the earth, skidding to a quiet stop in the hedges. Twisting around, she darted back to where she had been, slowing to a crawl as she lowered herself onto her belly. Flattening her head against the ground, Shula took a deep breath and entered the bushes, lifting her head to peer through the leaves.

A dragon stood there, with a mean look on his face. More harrowing however, was the collapsed form of Silver. Her eyes were shut. Shula held her breath, eyes wide as she waited for what the dragons would do next.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:52 am

((Thanks! And yes, I'll let you know about Atlas. Of course, if you see a golden opportunity to introduce him then go right ahead.))

“What bloody good are you if you can’t even grab a hatchling!” scraped a sinister voice directed at the dragon who’d tried to sneak up to Shula.

“Sorry, sir,” responded a deep voice that practically broadcasted ignorance. “Did you want me to go after her?”

“Just leave her be, you bumbling clutz. Not like she’s going to cause much trouble.”

“But, Lock, what if she tells someone?”

“Tells them what, Bigs? They were robbed? You heard them, this treasure was stolen to begin with. Ain’t nobody gonna help a couple of crooks. You know that as well as I do.”

The lanky, light green dragon looked toward the collapsed body of Silver. His forked tongue flicked in and out like that of a snake as he observed her. “Looks like we got the richest one anyway. Bet her family would pay good money to see her safe return.”  

“Lock! Look at how much treasure they have!” exclaimed Bigs as he stuck his head into the cart.

“What about it?” Lock hissed in response.

“It’s a lot!”

Slapping his forehead, Lock marched over to Bigs and grabbed him by the neck. “Why do you think we targeted them in the first place?”

Bigs opened his mouth to respond, but realized just in time that the question was rhetorical.

The sickly green dragon pushed his lumbering counterpart towards Silver’s body. “If you’re done dithering about and asking dumb questions, hurry and put her in the cart and bring it all back to our camp. The others are gonna make us kings for this.”

Bigs, with his rather large brown-scaled self, hesitantly made his way over to Silver. He stared at her unconscious body for a minute or two before lifting her up and placing her gently into the cart with all of the treasure. Afterwards, the giant attached himself to the harness and began to wheel the cart off of the beaten path and into the surrounding snow-covered trees.
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:38 pm

(Alrighty! ^_^)

As the two dragons argued, Shula began to shiver. No, no! She scolded herself. Silver is in danger! You can't give up now! Don't be afraid! she took a deep breath, and prepared to charge right in there-

Wait, warned a tiny voice. If you charge in there now, you'll be.. what's that Atlas always says? Overpowered. Wait for the prey to come to you. So, she waited, listening to the two males, who she found out were named Bigs and Lock, as they hissed over Silver and the amount of treasure they had. They were right, if she ran for the village they'd know she was a thief, and wouldn't help her.

I have to do this on my own, she thought, as they loaded Silver into the cart. Seeing their tainted talons on her beautiful, pristine scales made her blood boil. As the mud-coloured dragon began to drag her off, Shula stood up. When Lock wasn't looking, she stole across the earth. Swift and silent as a shadow, she began to trail after them.

She crept through the foliage, quiet and unseen. She knew that she wouldn't have enough time to go get Atlas before they did something horrible to her. Shula had to do this on her own.

But what can you do? taunted another voice. You're just a hatchling. You can't fly, you can't breathe fire, you can't do anything. What can you possibly do to help Silver? For a moment, Shula hesitated. Then, she remembered something Atlas had taught her. The greatest strength one can have is their smarts. Use that, and you're invincible.

Taking a deep breath, Shula lashed her tail, and stole after the bandits.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:26 pm

Lock and Bigs must have traveled for at least twenty minutes before the faint echos of singing dragons could be heard. The smell of smoke and cooked venison filled the air, and jovial laughter seemed almost as obnoxious as the large fire in center of their camp.

Once the two dragons were close enough, Lock trotted into the camp like a cat that was proud of its catch. “Good afternoon boys!” he shouted, drawing him some attention from a few of his dozen cohorts who welcomed the duo back. “Glad to see the festivities are going well. We got everything from food to drink, warmth, and the comfort of a good home. But if you ask me, there’s something missin’.”

Lock pointed to his right as Bigs towed the cart up next to him. “Bigs! Show them what we’ve got!”

With haste, the large dragon undid his harness and hurried beside the cart. With an audible grunt, he lifted the side and spilled the contents onto the ground. Silver’s limp body hit the snow with a thud that sounded like a headache in the making.

The camp burst into roaring cheer at the spectacle. “Treasure, and a fine dragoness!” Lock shouted. “With what we got here, we’ll be picking our teeth with gold toothpicks before long!”

“I call first pick of the treasure!” one of the bandits exclaimed.

His lacky next to him looked petulant for a second before standing up. “Well...I call the dragoness then! Always wanted me a wife!”

“I call her jewelry!” shouted another from the back of the group before the whole camp broke out into bickering.

Lock waved his talons to try and get their attention. “Settle down! Settle down! There’s enough treasure here for all of us. And this pretty little one is going to fetch us some nice coin for her safe return.” He pointed a stern claw at his comrades, “which means, nobody’s to even touch her unless she try to escape.”

A few dragons let out a few disappointed noises. Lock maintained his smile, however, as he proclaimed, “but with what we’ll make off of her, I’m sure them ladies will be clawin’ to be with us!”

With that, the snakish green dragon turned to Bigs and motioned toward a set of cages. “Tuck her away for me. That Devil’s Breath ain’t going to last forever.” He pointed to two of his kin. “You two, keep watch of our new guest. When she wakes up, be so kind as to come fetch me. I want to be the one to explain everything to her pretty face.”

Bigs and the other bandits acknowledged Lock’s orders. The large murky dragon lifted Silver up once again and moved her over to a dirty metal cage. It was hard to tell if the floor of this prison was covered in mud, blood, or both...either way, Silver was going to be in for a rude awakening.

The two other dragons positioned themselves at the front of the cage, facing inward toward the center fire.

Almost as quickly as they were interrupted, everyone else had returned to their festivities. Eating, drinking and singing more joyfully than ever with the thought of how rich they would be.

At that very moment, Silver began to hear the dull sounds of dragons singing. She didn’t try to think of what happened, nor where she was. In fact, the ice dragoness didn’t even attempt to open her eyes just yet. The only thing that her willpower had the strength to do was try to recognize the song.  

It took a few verses, but she recognized it as ‘Til the Silver Moon Rises. One that she'd heard dragons sing at taverns back when she lived in the Etcan Mountains.
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:37 am

By the time the two thieves had arrived at camp, Shula was tired. She thought about getting in the cart, but decided against it. If they lifted Silver off her, she'd be revealed.

The sounds of shouting and ignorant laughter made Shula's fins extend slightly. She increased her pace, stopping at the edge of the clearing that held the rest of the dragons. There's so many.. she gulped, new fear gripping her as they towed Silver into the place. They began to call dibs on the jewelry, and even on her, which made the hatchling's blood boil.

She watched as her ally was dragged into a metal cage and then locked inside, the entrance guarded by two dragons. I need to get them away from there.. Shula decided. She glanced around. I need a better view! Leaping up, she latched onto the bark of a tree next to her and quickly scrambled up the trunk. Once she was high enough, she crawled out onto the branch and peered over the camp.

The cage was metal, and her fire might have been hot enough to melt it if she'd known how to breathe it. Use your smarts, Shula, be creative, whispered a tiny voice as she gazed around camp.

She looked at the cage. It was locked. Trying to get the key without being spotted would be futile, and there was no point, Silver wasn't in any state to move. Shula dreaded to think of what damage the chalk-like substance had done.

Fire.. she thought, gazing at the flickering flames. I need something to draw their attention away from Silver.. She searched the camp for something very specific. Anything that could burn..

And explode.

(the stakes are rising now O.O)
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top