» SHIPS [Official~]
by Athena Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:47 am

» A casual meeting [Private - Oculus / Ask before joining]
by Azriel Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:37 pm

» Midnight - Echo of the Night
by Oculus Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:34 pm

» Growling Thunder -Open!-
by Caramina Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 pm

» A Bear Walks Into a Tavern... (Open to all)
by Chrocey Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:08 pm

» The Drift of Light (Neru and Fel)
by Neru Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 am

» Lamina, Wielder of Wind And Ice
by Atlas Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:54 am

» Bond of Power (Private with Athena)
by Athena Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:36 am

» Dirge, the Ruthless Fighter
by Artemise Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:43 am

» RP with Sleet
by Chrocey Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:12 pm

» Haven of Nightmares
by Oculus Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Top posting users this month
Chrocey

Athena

Oculus

Scortia

Caramina

Ayato

Neru

Haven

Sonus Decessus

Hyruu

Staff Online
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 108 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:04 am

Growling Thunder -Open!-

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Growling Thunder -Open!-

Post by Athena on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:33 am

First topic message reminder :

The flight to the Stormcallers had been generally uneventful, save for an occasional flock of birds to look at, or a glimpse of another traveler. Leaving the Aeria mountains, Shula felt a bit exposed after what had happened last night.

The thick grass and foliage had transitioned to sandy dunes long ago, the cloudy sky turning clear as they entered the Verula region. For her, the heat was a luxury, the warmth the desert offered a comfortable temperature for the young fire dragon. Spreading her tiny wings slightly, Shula sighed in content.

She could see the city up ahead, the great ball of thunder and lightning looming in the distance. "There it is!" she exclaimed, standing up on Silver's back and pointing. Joy turned her expression bright as she hopped up and down, although after a few seconds she slipped and almost fell, so she sat back down.

One could see the distant figures of dragons circling the storm, some departing, some entering the dark clouds. Shula's tail wagged with glee. It was a bit boring, but the Stormcaller City was her home, and it was always nice to come home. "I'll take you to meet Atlas first! He's very friendly, but he doesn't like stealing." His views on justice were certainly different to Shula's. The amount of times he had lectured her on the nature of thievery was so high she had lost count.

Leaning back, Shula relaxed, and enjoyed the ride.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Growling Thunder -Open!-

Post by Athena on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:52 am

Shula felt Silver's eyes, colder than the north seas, burrowing holes into her small body. She dared raise her head to meet her gaze, sunny yellow clashing with icy cerulean. She saw the larger female's jaw tighten, and winced, preparing for the scolding or any biting remarks she was going to throw at her. Her tail curled over her small paws as lowered her head again, suddenly finding the floor very interesting.

"I accept your apology." The words were spoken slowly, and without malice, but it didn't make her feel any better. Shula didn't say anything, just looked up to watch her head into Inisha's room. The sound of the door shutting made her flinch. For a few moments, she sat there, intently watching the door. Please don't be mad anymore, she tried to beam her thoughts through the thick walls. I really am sorry. She knew in her heart that if she hadn't marred Silver's scales, she would have surely died. She still felt bad about it, though, and knew it would take a while for her to get in the female's good graces again.

Deciding that Caramina wasn't very interested in her titles, Shula sat down, peering up at her with an intrigued yet saddened expression on her face. "I've never seen a dragon like you before.You're very pretty," she said, tilting her head. Her remaining earrings gleamed in the light. Caramina was very beautiful, oh and she had the most lovely wings. Her own, tiny, marred ones extended from her sides, little more then brittle bones with no skin between them. Maybe they were still growing, but at the moment, she felt like the only hatchling her age in the world that couldn't fly properly.

The door opened, and Shula's head snapped around. Her golden eyes immediately flew to Silver's wound had been, and found unmarked skin and scales. Her little tail flicked back and forth in delight as a little smile appeared on her face. "You fixed it!" she exclaimed at Inisha, overjoyed that Silver was back to her old self, appearance-wise. Shula leaped to her feet and spun in a few tight circles, resembling a dog chasing its tail. She then stopped, staring sheepishly up at Silver.

Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:50 pm

Silver listened to Caramina as she spoke about the annihilation of her tribe. How weak they were to an outside force. It was strange, but the first thing that came to the ice dragoness’ mind wasn’t sympathy for her kind...rather an imagining of how peaceful they must have been. It was so interesting how the weakest tribes always seem to be the most peaceful, as was shown in various books Silver had read.

“That must have made life very difficult for you,” the snow-white dragoness remarked, “however, I am happy to see that you managed to sustain yourself this long. Protecting yourself by staying with the Stormcallers was definitely a good decision. I, myself, would have done the same.”

If Silver were in Caramina’s place, she’d feel quite hungry for revenge. She would have stopped at nothing to convince the Stormcallers to go to war with the Xoyans. A plan not too different than what she had in mind during her visit here. After her run-in with a clan of bandits, she was itching to get back at them for what they’d stolen from her.

At the mention of food, Silver’s expression lit up a little. She was certainly hungry and parched after their journey. Especially for food and beverage that was the best of what the Stormcallers had to offer. The mere thought was making her stomach churn with desire.

After entering the room with Inisha, Silver sat and observed the other dragoness whilst she cleaned the wound. She closed her eyes and hissed as she felt the alcohol burning her. Her whole body was tense, and she struggled not to simply move away or attack the healer.

The burning sensation began to fade and was replaced with a surprisingly cold feeling. Not only did this help her wound, but it also brought her quite a bit of comfort. Anything cold against her scales had a way of making her feel at ease, especially after spending so much time flying in the desert.

Suddenly, the healer stopped. Silver looked at her, then looked at the wound (or where the wound used to be). It was completely gone, healed over and concealed as though it never even happened. A smile formed on the ice dragoness’ maw, and she nodded a silent thank you to the healer before rejoining Caramina and Shula outside her doors. Shula, of course, seemed delighted the the injury had been healed so well.

With a sigh, she looked between both of them.

“Yes. Well I suppose that was not so bad. If you are ready, Caramina, I would not mind being shown to our rooms, and perhaps being shown where we can eat...preferably somewhere cool.” Part of her knew how silly it might have been to ask for a colder environment whilst visiting a desert, but she figured there was no harm in asking.
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caramina on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 pm

Cara was pleasantly surprised to find no sympathy on Silver's face, having seen the exact same emotion on every dragon who'd prodded her about her past, to the point where she expected it to appear at the mention of her clan's death. "Eh," she said, shrugging, "difficult or not, I managed to survive, and that's all that matters. I'm grateful for the Stormcallers for taking me in when I showed up, weak and near the point of death, and offered me a warm bed and a meal." She smiled a little at the memory, apparently finding amusement in the recollection, then to Silver, said, "Keep this in mind, the Stormcallers will always welcome you," before Inisha appeared with Shula and it was Silver's turn to receive treatment.

She smiled again at Shula's compliment, sincerity shining in the young one's eyes. "Thank you." She saw how Shula's gaze moved to her own tiny ones, sadness seeming to cross her face, but only for a brief moment. "Don't worry, they'll grow. Just give them a few years," she said reassuringly, "but if they still don't, you can always come to Inisha. She can attempt to boost the growth of your wings."

Inisha came out then, the door swinging open and Silver emerging, looking tired but perfectly healed. Inisha offered a sweet smile to Shula and bent to pet her on the head, while Cara said, "Please, call me Cara. Caramina is such a mouthful," she laughed, nodding her thanks at Inisha before leading her guests to their room, walking through winding corridors and occasionally passing large rooms, from which drifted laughter and chatter.

Inisha watched their retreating backs, loneliness sitting heavily on her shoulders.

It wasn't a very long walk, and Cara stopped in front of a door, wooden and gleaming dark brown, obviously well taken care of. She opened the door and let them in, to a rather large room with two plush beds, a small door leading to a bathroom where a warm bath awaited, and some tasteful works of art hanging by the walls. There was a bell hanging by one of the beds, and Cara said, "Ring this and someone will come to offer assistance. I'll come back at two, which is when you'll have your lunch." She nodded her head towards a large clock and headed out, leaving them alone with each other.
Caramina

Tribe : Stormcallers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top