Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

An Aspiring Adviser [Private - Solarlight and Darksky] - Topic Ended

4 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

An Aspiring Adviser [Private - Solarlight and Darksky] - Topic Ended - Page 5 Empty An Aspiring Adviser [Private - Solarlight and Darksky] - Topic Ended

Post by Artemise Wed May 09, 2018 9:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Caramina rarely concerned herself with the current affairs of the Stormcallers. She had never seen any need to do so, nor had the wish.

But what if? The dragoness found herself thinking suddenly as she strolled through one of the many winding corridors that curved around the Twilight Palace, taking a route that had long grown familiar to her. The marble floor was cool against her paws, pristine and elegant, their shine untouched by time. What if? As a citizen, she had no obligation to tangle herself in the web of complications that involving herself in current affairs undoubtedly encompassed, and even if she wanted to, she had no idea how. But with the new rank that the new Rulers, Solarlight and Darksky, introduced, it was a possibility.

Well, she'd consider it. It wasn't like she was running short of time, anyway, Caramina thought as she arrived at the Library, the doors swinging open at a gentle push to reveal her favourite place in the whole world. Shelves seemed to unfurl away from the entrance, their bodies bursting with books. A high ceiling allowed some sunlight to creep through as gentle rays, giving the room a warm radiance to it. Armchairs littered the large space, comfortable, plush and promising a well-spent, relaxing afternoon.

And then her gaze fell upon Solarlight and Darksky.

They were browsing through books, seeming to be searching for something. Their presence once more brought to mind the matter she'd planned to mull over later, especially since this would be a good chance to volunteer herself as adviser. She stood at the entrance uncertainly, the doors falling closed behind her with a click. Realising that it'd be rude to not greet the new Rulers, she went over to do so. "Greetings, your Royal Majesties," she greeted with a teasing smile.
Artemise
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

Back to top Go down

An Aspiring Adviser [Private - Solarlight and Darksky] - Topic Ended - Page 5 Empty Re: An Aspiring Adviser [Private - Solarlight and Darksky] - Topic Ended

Post by Artemise Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:03 pm

"Ah, that's good to hear. For how long?" she inquired, watching as Glasoc and his trainee communicated some more, exchanging gestures and expressions and, from the latter, agitated words. She could understand why the aspiring Guardian would find it difficult to obey Glasoc's order this time, though couldn't relate. Perhaps she'd step in later if Glasoc allowed it.

She smiled, amused at the twins' identical looks, and it only broadened when Darksky translated (at least she was taking the initiative to do so this time, instead of her outspoken twin Solar; Cara considered that improvement) for Glasoc. Overeager, huh? "Well, I can see why they'd be eager to have an extra pair of helping hands," she said mildly.

Cara followed Glasoc as he returned to his trainee, and stopped at a polite distance. "May I take over for a bit?" she asked.

If Glasoc allowed it, she would turn to the trainee and say, "The twins tell me Glasoc has ordered you to take in a civilian, and I can see from your reaction that you are unwilling to do so, possibly because you can't in good conscience cause such alarm and distress to an innocent dragon by practically arresting them, or something along those lines. Do correct me if I'm wrong."

She didn't give him space to do so, however, and charged on.

"But think of it this way. You don't have to tie them up and drag them in, kicking and screaming; after all, as you are probably well aware of, they are innocent in this case, regardless of any past crimes they might've committed. Crimes that you won't know about, so we shall overlook the possibility for now. You could opt for a more peaceful alternative instead, gently pulling them aside to politely tell them that they are suspected of being involved in some illegal organisation, or whatever offence you can think up of, and the twins would like to see them. Make it clear that they aren't going to be thrown into jail immediately."
Artemise
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

Back to top Go down

An Aspiring Adviser [Private - Solarlight and Darksky] - Topic Ended - Page 5 Empty Re: An Aspiring Adviser [Private - Solarlight and Darksky] - Topic Ended

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:03 pm

Solar smiled and answered. "A couple of weeks now." It was good to know that Glasoc had volunteered to do this, since the pair put a lot of faith in his training. The pair had also noticed that Cara seemed amused by the shared look they had just given. It made Solar chuckle just a bit, and Sky smiled when she said she understood why they'd want a helping hand.

Glasoc looked back at Cara when she asked if she could speak to the Guardian-to-be. Glasoc looked at the Rulers, who both gave him a nod. The scarred wyvern looked back at Cara and gave a nod and a purr, letting her speak, but staying close.

The trainee looked at Cara with a bit of confusion at first, but listened carefully. He seemed to understand and looked at Glasoc. "Was that the point?" The wyvern nodded before motioning for him to follow, then nodded to Cara.
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Tribe : Stormcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Caramina Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:29 am

At the nod from Glasoc, which Cara interpreted to mean approval, she beamed, pleased to be of help for the first time in a long while.

She watched as they disappeared around the corner, then turned to Solar and Sky, the twin rulers.

"Come to think of it, you've been working on improving the Stormcallers, correct? Added new roles, and all. How's it been going?"
Caramina
Caramina

Tribe : Stormcallers

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:43 am

The pair both smiled, thinking back to how everyone reacted to the various new ranks there were. Solar then chuckled a bit, thinking of a reaction.

"Well, it's been going pretty well so far, though there are some ranks others don't think we needed." Sky nodded, remembering the different ranks.

"Yeah. One like Archivist and Caretaker that they say Scholars already do. And one that confuses them, the Ruler's Mate."
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Az Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:42 am

Cara mulled over the twins' words in silence, frowning slightly.

Well," she mused at last, "if the scholars are apparently already doing these, then... Why not delegate specific tasks to specific Scholars? Sort of like a secondary rank, or task, while their main objectives as Scholars aren't changed, if that makes sense."

She smiled.

"And, regarding the 'Ruler's mate', I suppose we'll have to get four thrones. Wouldn't hurt, and we do have the resources needed, anyway."

When should we end this topic?
Az
Az

Tribe : Xøya

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:28 am

(I'm not sure.... We can with your next post if ya want.)

The twins smiled a bit, chuckling.

"That's what we told them, but some dragons just don't wanna hear it." Sky then chuckled, thinking about Cara's idea.

"And more thrones may be useful later." Solar nodded, then looked at Cara.

"So.... Have ya thought anymore about being an Adviser?"
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Az Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:55 pm

Sure. It's nice to know I'll have a properly ended roleplay o3o --

"Well, they can either take it or leave it," she huffed, "it's not like we're forcing them to stay, anyway. In the event that one of the Rulers are ... unavailable, the others can take over immediately without issue."

The question about becoming Advisor evidently caught her off guard when her composure seemed to falter, the dragoness blinking rapidly and taking a few long moments to gather her words.

"I... Ah, I'm honestly not sure, even after all I've helped out with, today..."

She looked out the nearest window, where the sun was setting, colouring the sky with streaks of pink and blue and violet. Stars were coming out, now, and soon she and the twins would have to part ways.

She remained silent for a minute or so, lips pursed thoughtfully, the hues of the sky reflected in her eyes.

"Perhaps... Perhaps I could give it a try," Caramina said at last, turning her gaze back to the twins, and smiled.
Az
Az

Tribe : Xøya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5