I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Free Dragon Headshots (Drawn by Ink)
by Alistair Today at 2:45 pm

» An Awkward Meeting (Private Blue Streak/Caramina)
by Azreyus Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:33 am

» A message to be delivered [Private/Solar, Blue Streak, Whisper.]
by Azreyus Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:20 am

» Made of Fire ♤ Molag Bal
by Savan Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:34 pm

» Juneosiren the Storm Siren *Needs Approval*
by Whispering Soul Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:30 pm

» Alistair - The First Light Fury
by Alistair Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:48 pm

» Time Heals (Savan)
by Solarlight and Darksky Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:26 am

» Status of Tribe Ki'Sha (Saiya)
by Whispering Soul Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:04 pm

» Suspicious Scents (Open to All)
by Thorn Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:15 pm

» Draconifom Species Creation
by Whispering Soul Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:30 pm

» Azreyus, the General of Defence. [WIP]
by Azreyus Fri May 31, 2019 8:12 pm

» Hello.
by Oculus Fri May 31, 2019 3:17 am

» Skonis
by Oculus Wed May 29, 2019 4:25 am

» Thorn
by Azreyus Fri May 24, 2019 4:58 am

» Veokia, the Umbran Flame
by Savan Fri May 24, 2019 3:31 am

Status of Tribe Ki'Sha (Saiya)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Status of Tribe Ki'Sha (Saiya) - Page 2 Empty Status of Tribe Ki'Sha (Saiya)

Post by Saiya on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:34 am

First topic message reminder :

The Ki'Sha
To be Ki'Sha was to be as fierce and independent as wind upon the desert. No amount of upheaval could be allowed to stain an individuals duty to their tribe, and so it was that the tribe survives even as its leaders face their own fates. Each time the Ki'Sha seemingly approach unavoidable division, or catastrophe, a Kuz'a has been present to help the factions of the tribe overcome their differences. A Kuz'a is considered a gift, one that draws the many into an orbit that centers on a single voice; a voice sent from the gods. Whether or not that is true is of course, subject to debate. None can deny that the tribe has flourished each time.

So it is that the tribe finds itself once more without this voice, and so the many are spurred to conflict by their dogmas and their causes. Righteousness is in the heart of all, condemning the others as self-serving demons. Blood is spilled in the dark allies, and bright arenas. To the casual observer, it seems like a time of peace and plenty.. and to an extent, this is true. The majority of the battles for the soul of a tribe take place behind closed doors, distracting from wars or societal efforts. Those who know the truth of what is happening, however, fear the stillness in the air. A stillness that grows louder the longer they remain leaderless.

So it is that the spiritual, the warrior, and the scholar find themselves realizing what must be done.. each in their own way. A new leader must be found to save the soul of the tribe, to protect the tribe, and to guide the tribe. One who can unite all three, yet fill the necessary dogmas and scriptures that form the glue of societal belief. The leaders of the factions, as has occurred many times past, found themselves once again at a bloody stalemate that has only one solution in Ki'Sha society: Kuz'a.

[Current Status of the Tribe]: Outwardly Peaceful, but internally splintered; conflict occurs between factions. There is currently a search underway for the next Kuz'a, with each faction seeking a qualified candidate from their own ranks.

The Kuz'a
The dragoness moved with purpose as she slowly entered the capital of the Ki'Sha tribe, her steps faltering occasionally to take in the sights. It had been so long since she had started her journey that it felt like hundreds of years had passed. In fact, it had taken that long to arrive. The journey certainly hadn't been kind, and to many observers she would outwardly appear to be just another hardened desert nomad. Those that did observe her often looked momentarily startled.

As she walked, her talons clicked unevenly on a mixture of sand and pathway. Normally she would pay no heed to the sound, but the fact that her steps were louder than the hushed sounds of the city around her seemed odd. She had expected splendor and thronging crowds, but instead the place seemed oppressive, like gold tarnished until it had lost its gleam.

It didn't take long for her to reach the unobtrusive structure she was searching for, a place she was told contained answers. There were no guards or staff attending the entrance, and when she entered it was dusty and spilling with scrolls. She wondered if the one she had spoken to earlier was deceiving her about this place, though she had been reassured when the guardians of Ki'Sha territory seemed to know who she was.

"I trust your entry into the city went without difficulty, Kuz'a" A voice said suddenly, from a darkened corner of the room. It was the same, shifty figure that had approached her a year ago about assisting her with the final leg of her journey into the capital.

"I don't know why you keep calling me that. My name is Saiya." The dragoness would respond, lifting a claw to pull back the hood covering most of her head and neck. Brilliant ruby and ebony scales shown healthily in the flickering light of the single lamp lighting the room, broken only by many ragged scars. Her unusual dark eyes focused intently on the figure, as if she knew him yet was wary.

"Well.. Allow me to explain. I am a researcher, one who keeps the records. Call me the Librarian if you will." The shadowy figure moved slowly about the room as he spoke, plucking at scrolls and books absent mindedly. "You on the other hand, are.. according to my research, a descendent of one of the Kuz'a. Unfortunately which one is.. torn from the parchment. But who it is doesn't matter, just the fact that the connection is there."

Saiya slowly started to become agitated. She had been promised answers about her ancestry, who her family was, and why she had been left alone in the desert. The librarian on the other hand seemed obsessed with this 'Kuz'a' relation. Still, he was providing some information and seemed to be helping her.

In the end she listened late into the night, absorbing the history of the Ki'Sha and Kuz'a as her curiousity got the better of her. When she finally understood why the librarian had sought her out, she would seem ill at ease with the thought. She had grown so accustomed to her individual responsibility, that being responsible for many seemed exhausting. However, a part of her yearned to do what she could for her homeland. To carry on the bitterness of being abandoned by her parents would, in turn, make her just as bad as them. To do nothing to help ease the suffering here would make her like them.

As she listened to the last of the Librarian's research, she finally agreed to take up the mantle he described. Doing so would stop the infighting, and give the tribe a single voice once more. One with the lineage and the fierceness to reign in the more troubling aspects of their tribe.

OOC: Will be continuously updated.
[Link to Current Kuz'a]: Saiya http://dragonshaven.forumotion.com/t547-saiya-app
Saiya
Saiya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Status of Tribe Ki'Sha (Saiya) - Page 2 Empty Re: Status of Tribe Ki'Sha (Saiya)

Post by Solarlight and Darksky on Sun May 05, 2019 6:06 pm

The twins watched the guards for a bit, not getting a chance to respond before a new dragon approached, and scolded the guards about their lack of knowledge in Universal. The pair found this interesting, previously thinking that the Ki'Sha didn't feel the need to know Universal to begin with. They both also noticed how tense he seemed. Understandable considering the Ki'Sha and Stormcallers had never really seen eye to eye. Soon though, he beckoned everyone inside. The Solar smiled and nodded, responding in near perfect Kishin, at least based on book knowledge.

"Thank you. I hope you don't mind our Guardian, Glasoc. He is mute, but has known more fighting than many in our tribe. If it's a problem though, he can wait out here. Wouldn't want to step on any paws."

As they walked in, they noticed Esridar and a young dragoness with him. Maybe they could ask about her later? It was clear she was nervous, yet curious at the same time. She seemed to glance between them and Krin, probably curious about Solar and Sky's attachment to each other. When the pair finally saw Saiya, they both bowed their heads slightly, and Solar again spoke in Kishin. "Hello, Kuz'a. We are the Rulers of Stormcallers. I'm Solarlight, and this is my sister, Darksky. It's an honor to meet you."
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Tribe : Stormcaller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Status of Tribe Ki'Sha (Saiya) - Page 2 Empty Re: Status of Tribe Ki'Sha (Saiya)

Post by Azreyus on Tue May 07, 2019 4:58 am

Though he wished to take his leave, he couldn't quite bring himself to do so; the guards here didn't know Universal (really, it wasn't their fault: the Ki'Sha never really had a reason to learn the language, not when they rarely interacted with other Tribes), which would pose a problem if someone wasn't allowed entry into the main hall just because they looked like a threat. So he stayed and kept his gaze on the cluster of new arrivals, not bothering to hide how closely he was watching them; to their conversation he barely paid attention, only listened idly, skimming over their uttered words in search for any note of hostility, dissatisfaction or anger, and did not try to decipher their identities, save the ones who were more well-known to Nuira.

Two more dragons arrived, descending from the sky; he recognised neither of them. After giving Erisdar a brief once-over, he gestured, with a wing, towards the door, with a shallow nod.

other
Azreyus
Azreyus

Tribe : Xøya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saiya on Mon May 20, 2019 2:28 pm

Saiya briefly leaned over to listen to a whisper, one of her many minions notifying her of the strangers arrival and identifying each one so that she would know whom she was speaking to. The hall was still filled with the comings and goings of various members of the tribe, and seemed unaware of who the strangers were; there was only the occasional stare, or look of blatant disregard when it came to the visitors. They were outsiders after all. After a long moment one of the strangers finally spoke up, addressing her directly. She had just begun her schooling in Universal, and so required a translator should they speak in Universal; that being said, her ears perk as the familiar notes of Kishin roll out of the throat of one of the rulers of the Stormcallers.

“I greet you, Solarlight, and expected the time would come when you and.. The others would visit. I am the Kuz’a. I hope we can have a productive discussion going forward.”

She replies in Kishin, her translator announcing in Universal what it was she was saying in case there were those who could not understand. She doesn’t return the slight head-bow that the Stormcaller had offered, much to the approval of several of the Ki’Sha tribe members in the audience surrounding them. Slowly, her gaze travels from Solar to each of the dragons that had arrived: Darksky, Glasoc, Krin, Esridar, and a young one whom her spy chief seemed unsure about, most likely because she didn’t seem as important. The Kuz’a inwardly sighed as she realized it would be a very long day indeed, but outwardly she betrayed neither hostility nor friendliness; just a calculating mind behind dark eyes, like a mother dragoness guarding her desert nest. She definitely was aware of the tensions between the tribes, but was still young enough in her position to be aware of the full breadth of what had happened in the past.

One thing that she was capable of doing however, was reading a crowd. Although many ignored the ‘outsiders’ for now, seemingly uninterested, a good number of the younger warriors started to surround them slowly. It wasn’t an overtly hostile act, but the visitors would soon find themselves almost entirely enclosed in decidedly hostile expressions.
Saiya
Saiya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Whispering Soul on Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:04 pm

The dragoness backed away from Krin a little, pretty much hiding beside Esridar and the dragons gathering around them.
"I decided it would be best to put.. unfortunate circumstances aside and meet in person." Esridar said smoothly to Krin, walking forwards and following Solar and Sky to the Kuza. "The dragoness with me is Tinuviel, she's the one we found in the barren lands, she wanted to come with me."
Tinuviel cautiously followed, meeting the hostile expressions from the young warriors with a momentary defiant glare. She seemed to gain some confidence as they walked in. Esridar stood aside, waiting for Solar and Sky to finish speaking with the Kuz'a before speaking to her himself. He didn't want to seem disrespectful, especially when this little meeting could give a chance to settle grievances between the Kaamil and the Ki'Sha. Tinuviel seemed almost fascinated by the hall, red eyes taking in every small detail and carving in the architecture. She strangely seemed to be avoiding the gazes of any other dragons, dropping hers immediately if she happened to accidentally make eye contact. While they waited, Esridar turned to Krin, speaking softly.
"Did you get into a fight before coming here?"
Whispering Soul
Whispering Soul

Tribe : Kaamil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2