I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Sisoldrea, realm-jumper [updated, needs approval]
by Oculus Yesterday at 8:38 am

» Time Heals (Savan)
by Savan Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:09 pm

» Kyuurei, the other one
by Kyuurei Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:38 am

» An Awkward Meeting (Private Blue Streak/Caramina)
by Savan Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:51 pm

» A message to be delivered [Private/Solar, Blue Streak, Whisper.]
by Savan Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:02 pm

» Suspicious Scents (Open to All)
by Tharasis Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:48 am

» Status of Tribe Ki'Sha (Saiya)
by Solarlight and Darksky Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:39 am

» Juneosiren the Storm Siren *Needs Approval*
by Whispering Soul Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:07 pm

» Nova
by Savan Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:20 am

» Lespernii, the Seedkeeper
by Savan Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:48 am

» Free Dragon Headshots (Drawn by Ink)
by Ink Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:12 am

» Alistair - The First Light Fury
by Azreyus Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:53 pm

» Made of Fire ♤ Molag Bal
by Savan Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:34 pm

» Draconifom Species Creation
by Whispering Soul Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:30 pm

» Azreyus, the General of Defence. [WIP]
by Azreyus Fri May 31, 2019 8:12 pm

An Awkward Meeting (Private Blue Streak/Caramina)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An Awkward Meeting (Private Blue Streak/Caramina) Empty An Awkward Meeting (Private Blue Streak/Caramina)

Post by Savan on Wed May 29, 2019 9:09 pm

The day was calm as any other day within the Tempest Ring's sanctuary, as a gray and blue dragon drifted through the skies close to the Twilight Palace. His fur and feathers fiddled about in the gentle breeze that came from the protective ring of storms. His mind seemingly in a different realm as his face tilted downwards towards the wind scorned mountain that held the Stormcaller's home.

A quaintly avian of blues, grays and a crown of golden quills upon his head flew too and fro the male, at first trying to orbit him, then zoom past, then away, before come back to parade with the dragon's slow, thoughtful speed. It eyed the various bandages on his wings, and body, looking out towards the Tempest Ring, then towards the various balconies and inlet landings where the majority of dragons came and went.
Savan
Savan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

An Awkward Meeting (Private Blue Streak/Caramina) Empty Re: An Awkward Meeting (Private Blue Streak/Caramina)

Post by Azreyus on Fri May 31, 2019 7:43 pm

A lone figure could be spotted on one of the many balconies that the Twilight Palace had; a closer look would reveal a tall, slender dragoness leaning against the balustrade, enjoying the breeze that gently pulled her green mane back. It was a cool morning, with the sun barely risen above the horizon; it streaked the sky with long rippling lines of blue and orange that was reflected in the dragoness's green eyes.

Soft light flowed over the surfaces that the sun's rays could touch, and she closed her eyes, enjoying the gentle warmth, only to open it again when a shadow momentarily blocked the passage of light to her face, wondering who was up flying so early. It was with this action that she spotted a rather unusual pair crossing the skies: a bandaged dragon, orbited by what appeared to be a small, vibrant bird. She leaned forward, watching the two with interest, and at last called out, "Nice flying!" for the male flew with easy grace, the feathered wings that stretched out on either side of him barely moving at all. Caramina ruffled her wings, wondering if she should join them, but they were strangers, and she wasn't sure if they would take to her joining them.

other
Azreyus
Azreyus

Tribe : Xøya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

An Awkward Meeting (Private Blue Streak/Caramina) Empty Re: An Awkward Meeting (Private Blue Streak/Caramina)

Post by Savan on Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:22 am

The blue dragon had just let out a sigh of relief, that none seemed to bother telling Inisha, or at least any other dragon to call him down on his injuries otherwise. If it weren't for the fact a female's voice interrupted his thoughts and caused him to jump in surprise, he wouldn't have felt the pain in his right wing, beneath a cast, as he panicked from the yell.

With a restrained, pained growl, the dragon's floatatious skill crumbled as pain swept across his body from the sudden shock. He gradually began to fall, struggling against pain and weakness to glide to safety. The bird flattened itself against the worst of the wings, allowing him room to navigate to a lower balcony.
Savan
Savan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azreyus on Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:54 am

Caramina watched in shock and dismay as the male, startled by her words and pained by his wounds, lost control of his flight and began spiraling down. Without a moment's hesitation she vaulted over the balustrade and swept down after him, calling up a gentle burst of wind that would support the male as he descended; it would decrease the strain on his wings.

"I'm so sorry," she said when he had safely landed. "I'd ask whether you're okay, but you're obviously not. Do you need a healer? I know one who can heal up your wounds quickly, no bandages needed."

other
Azreyus
Azreyus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Savan on Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:16 pm

The striped dragon glanced about him as his decent stabilized, feeling the draft under his body. Unfortunately he forgot he was still the pilot, crashing lightly against the rough stone of the nearest balcony. There was a pained grunt as he got back up, "No-it's fine.... fine...  and-" He slightly miffed
in a grunt, shakily rising under the throbbing pain, "I'm fine you realized that, was almost worried..."

He stopped for a second as the avian landed beside the dragon, who he shooed off in annoyance before grumbling back to . "I hope their name doesn't start with an 'I'." The male glanced to Caramina for a moment, locking eyes, before quickly looking down again, clearing his throat.
Savan
Savan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azreyus on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:18 pm

While Blue's collision with the balcony hadn't left any cracks in its surface, it still looked like it hurt, not to mention the male was already injured in the first place. She winced sympathetically, stepping towards him and looking him up and down, relieved when she saw no blood.

"Well," she stammered, taken by surprise by his answer, and continued tentatively, "Her name does, actually ... Inisha, you know her? If you do, don't be too discouraged by her nagging, she's just like that naturally. It got worse after she finally gave into re-growing her tongue, but she's always been like that, even when she was restricted to communicating via paper." Nervously, she pressed the tips of her paws together, aware she was rambling and trying to stop. "If you're uncomfortable with them, though, I know others...?"

other
Azreyus
Azreyus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Savan on Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:51 am

"Wait she can talk ag-...!?" Blue Streak let out a groan, releasing his discomforted attitude towards her from the bespoken fact.

"Yes, we met... more than once; she wouldn't help me this time due to the fact I 'rely on her to much'." He glanced to his avian friend, then to her for a split moment.

"Listen, I understand you're helping, but, I've had my fair share of 'medicine' from healers for the time being, so I'd rather suffer through pain than more nagging." He began limping away with his avian friend, who instead took to the air to land on Caramina's back with a gentle, quiet flap, letting out a squawk. Blue Streak groaned again turning around to see his friend sitting on Cara.

"No, Striker, I don't need a healer."
Savan
Savan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azreyus on Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:58 am

"Ah, so you do know her!" Caramina exclaimed, with some delight. "That's great, we can skip the introductions, and you won't have to try to get used to her sass. It tends to drive other dragons away, but Inisha says she doesn't really care, because the ones who stay are the ones she considers worthy of her treatment, or something." She waved a paw dismissively, chuckling at his next comment. "Yes, that's very Inisha, but I can convince her."

She looked after him, crestfallen, as he began to leave, and jumped in surprise when Striker landed on her shoulder. "Even your friend agrees," she said. "I don't know what kind of experiences you have with past healers, but I think it's strange that you'd rather go through pain than put up with nagging you can easily ignore? I dunno." She shrugged. "Just my opinion. You agree, right, Striker?" she added, stroking the avian's head lightly, hesitantly.

other
Azreyus
Azreyus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Savan on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:16 am

Striker was originally surprised by the stroke, but nevertheless cooed at the gentle touch, ruffling his feathers with delight. Blue however didn't seem too pleased at this, glaring at Striker. "Remember what happened last time you did this Striker?"

Striker stayed silent, unmoving from his position on Caramina. "Not even when we met that dragoness?"

Again, the large avian stood his ground with an equally combative expression. Blue Streak sighed at the stubbornness, and for a long moment, stood there, staring at the ground, thinking. He rolled his eyes, seemingly giving in. "Alright, fine, you made your point."

Blue turned to the female, his expression lightning just a smidge. "So... now what?"
Savan
Savan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azreyus on Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:33 am

Encouraged by the positive reaction she got from Striker, Caramina beamed and patted him enthusiastically, before resuming her stroking, which faltered when Blue spoke. She glanced between the two as they communicated, questions written all over her face, but she didn't ask, only listened and waited for the final verdict.

She was starting to lose focus and drift off into her own thoughts when Blue addressed her, and she gave a start. "O-oh! Well, we'll see Inisha, where I'll beg for her treatment! C'mon, let's go." Making sure not to jostle Striker too much, provided he was still on her shoulder, she turned and headed off at a pace that would be comfortable for Blue, her steps bouncy and energetic.

"Hey, so what's your name? I'm Caramina," she offered brightly, eyeing Blue curiously.

other
Azreyus
Azreyus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Savan on Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:40 am

Striker nestled onto Cara’s back, accepting the love fully, while Blue Streak begrudgingly followed along. He was at least grateful for her thoughtful pace as he limped behind her. He shook his head at her joke as he avoided eye contact.

There was a long moments silence after she asked, almost worryingly long, until he finally replied. “It’s Blue Streak.”
Savan
Savan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azreyus on Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:57 am

The warm weight on her shoulder was a welcome one; it seemed the bird - Striker - had taken to her.

"Blue Streak, huh? Nice to meet you."

-

"Again?" Inisha demanded flatly, and was about to say more when Caramina interjected.

"Please, Inisha, it took a lot of convincing for him to agree to come, don't let my efforts go to waste! And he crashed into a balcony with those wounds!"

"...I can't say I'm feeling sympathetic..."

"... Well, that's a pity, but sympathy isn't needed here, your healing is."

Inisha regarded Caramina coolly for a while longer, before giving in.

"Fine," she said. "But only because I know you won't leave no matter how many times I say no. Blue Streak, take those bandages off and show me what you ended up with this time. I swear you have no regard for your own body..."

other
Azreyus
Azreyus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Savan on Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:06 am

Sure enough, Blue knew exactly how she was going to react, though looked up in surprise at their exchange of words. He almost looked defeated in expression at Cara’s convincing words.

He snapped back from his minor astonished stare at Cara as the cantankerous female addressed him. “How was I supposed to know the eastern canyons had fifty foot jagged outcroppings?” He replied in annoyance, before hesitantly letting a series of gusts loosen the bandages holding cuts bruise and other nasty surprises from a brutal fall, before manually pulling away the largest one that hid a recently disturbed gash, lining from his chest to just above his left shoulder, causing a few trickles of blood to escape the red ravine.

With a solemn sigh, he braced for Inisha’s healing with closed eyes, as if waiting for punishment.

Striker though was still processing the fact that his friend was getting another chance at healing, sharing a previously astonished glance with Blue Streak.
Savan
Savan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azreyus on Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:48 am

Caramina turned to Blue Streak with a triumphant grin that only widened upon sighting the look of surprise on his face; she opened her maw as if to say something to him, but snapped it shut when Inisha spoke up first, falling silent to let the healer speak. Her bright-eyed gaze flitted between the two curiously as they spoke, but she otherwise made no other movement, save occasional pats on Striker's head to assure him that he wasn't forgotten.

"You have eyes for a reason," Inisha said irritably, running a clinical eye over Blue's wounds as the bandages rose into the air, seemingly of their own volition, and floated over to the nearby waste paper bucket; at the same time she would approach the stone basin in her room, gesturing for Blue to follow her, where she rinsed the cloth under the tap, wrung it out, and advanced towards Blue with it in hand.

Despite her initial reluctance to treat him, Blue would find that Inisha's paws were gentle as she cleaned the blood away from the wounds with the damp cloth. After washing her paws and the cloth she would soak the latter in yet another liquid, a colourless one that would feel cool to the touch when she wiped the fur around Blue's wounds with it.

She then hovered a paw over each wound, her eye-ridges drawn together in concentration as she focused on closing up the wounds, but not before she checked them for any pieces of debri lodged inside. After she was done she would retrieve, with magic, strips of fresh, faintly sweet-smelling bandages that she would wrap over his newly healed wounds.

"Tell me if they start swelling. And don't you dare go around being reckless," she warned him sternly. "Your wounds are healed, but not fully. Give it another week before doing anything stupid in case you open them up again."

other
Azreyus
Azreyus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Savan on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:36 am

Striker was grateful for the additional pats, letting out a quiet chirp.

"Not when you're going fast..." Blue gritted quietly as Inisha went to work on his wounds. He waited for Inisha to finish, breathing slowly and tensing from some the few dabs of the cloth on his body.

After awhile, she would complete the process, with Blue Streak opening his eyes at last. He lowered his head at Inisha's words, knowing he wouldn't be able to go out for a while. He caught a whiff of the scented bandages, lifting his head back up again.

"Yes Inisha..." there was a pregnant pause before he stood up, "Thank you... for the healing." He began to walk back out of the room, a bit quicker than needed.
Savan
Savan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next