» Ashlyn
by Artemise Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:26 am

» Pokemon Anrui
by Guest Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:46 pm

» Leaving... (Hopefully Temporarily...)
by Sagramour Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:37 am

» Friend or Foe?
by Sagramour Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:14 am

» Two Rulers for One. (Open, Stormcallers.)
by Artemise Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:12 am

» Beach Party? (Open to all)
by Solarlight and Darksky Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:27 pm

» Xoyan Thief (Open!)
by Whispering Soul Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:34 pm

» Mirrothosis Nyekundu
by Whispering Soul Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:17 pm

» What The Heck (Priv/Ayato)
by Artemise Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:29 pm

» Solarlight and Darksky: The Equal Rulers
by Artemise Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:57 pm

» Savan
by Vortex Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:36 pm

Staff Online
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 108 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:04 am

Azriel, the Defence General.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Azriel, the Defence General.

Post by Artemise on Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:29 pm

Personality and the Basics

Name: Azreus Qerliva, goes by Azriel.
Type: Western dragon
Species: Umbrius Dragons, known for their shadow and poison abilities.
Date of Birth: March 8th
Personality: Azriel appears very neutral, rarely displaying any strong opinion. In arguments, he prefers to see both sides of things before commenting, though usually on how both sides are correct or wrong - rarely offering an opinion. Offensive remarks merely bounce off him, as he can't be bothered to respond with anger, but often can't resist coolly throwing a carefully chosen and thought-through remark back to provoke the other party, whose anger he finds joy in. He doesn't mind getting into fights, but wisely picks them, engaging in one only if he can win. He always appears - and is - very composed, and it is relatively difficult to fluster him. He's known to occasionally reveal a sense of humour, mostly through mocking someone, but he is not limited to this, making jokes as well, though the latter is rarer. Azriel is surprisingly thoughtful at times, able to work well with others as he is capable of guessing and analysing their personalities in order to determine the best way to "sympathise" - or handle them. He is a master of manipulation, using his perceptiveness of others' personalities to adjust his personality accordingly in order to best handle them.
Hobbies: Az displays a surprising love for plants, and enjoys caring for the potted ones he has at home. He doesn't mind a stroll through a forest either, and can spend hours roaming in there. If he is doing neither of those, chances are he is making or designing traps, sometimes using himself to test them.
Likes: He loves plants, seeming to be fond of them. He enjoys a good prank too--on others, of course, whereas one attempted on him wouldn't be appreciated as much. Lastly he likes Xoya, every single inch of it.
Dislikes: Being beaten or proven wrong is something he is not too fond of, as he finds it immensely embarrassing. Az also disapproves of dragons who ruin his jokes--whether by stating a fact or having him explain the joke. He also dislikes not being able to fulfill a task he's given, because he hates the feeling of incompletion.
Fears: He fears becoming exiled due to the embarrassment that comes with not having a tribe and losing his high position; as well as dreads the downfall of Xoya.

Origin, Culture, and Family

Place of Origin: He was from a swampy, dark forest area located in the continent of Shveki.
Tribe: Xoya
Position: General of Defence.
Language: Fluent Xoyan, Arretiz, Ki'Shin, and Universal; understanding of basic Vuarish, unable to speak it yet.
Home: A room in the Xoyan Palace, but he has a comfortably-sized house in the heart of Xoya.
Parents: NPC rogues.
Siblings: Deceased.
Relatives: Oh, a few cousins here and there...
Mate: Nope, but it's open.
Offspring: None until he finds a mate.
History: Will be revealed through RP.

Physical Appearance and Accessories

Art credits to Adalfyre.

Height: 75 ft.
Length: 173 ft.
Wingspan: 190 ft.
Scale/Fur/Feathers: Matted black.
Eyes: Bright golden, with thin pupils, like a cat's.
Accessories: None.
Armor: None, but he has a set of armour that is a polished, glittering black - glittering, as in it has small speckles of white all over, like the night sky. It covers every part of his body save for the bottom of the tail (the one covering the top being flexible but equally hard) and his bottom jaw. It also has holes to allow his spikes to poke through, and his paws are unarmoured, though there are some guantlets on his wings.
Horns/Spikes: He has a pair of horns crowning the back of his head that curve downwards and then back upwards, and these are accompanied by two more similar but smaller horns at his jaw, as well as three tiny spikes. There is a visible row of spikes poking from his forehead and grow larger as it progresses towards the arch of his neck, then become smaller as they near his shoulders and eventually disappear, accompanied by a smaller row on each side of these larger ones. There are similar spikes starting at the beginning of his tail, which once more grow smaller as they reach the end of his tail, at which they appear again as two rows of large spikes.
Overall Appearance: (Will mention points that are not visible in the image.) Azriel's chest is heavily armoured with thicker scales. It's not in the image, but he has tiny green droplet-like holes at the place where each of his smaller neck-spikes touch his neck. His gums, throat and tongue are green as well.

Abilities and Strengths

Abilities:
> Poison:
- Poison Vapour.
The little holes (or so they appear) dotting his neck are able to release a pale, translucent mist that is hard to spot. This mist floats towards a desired opponent, and in order to increase the chances of being inhaled, it moves quite quickly and spread out over its target's snout. Of course, it can be wafted away, but it tends to come back insistently, unless you move 200 feet away from Azriel. There's a limit to how long they can stay in the open air, however, and vanishes after three posts if not inhaled. However, upon inhalation, it would immediately cause the leg and tail muscles of the victim to lock in place for half a post, though they can still move their wings and head(s). Afterwards, for four posts (of my own) straight, their leg muscles would spasm randomly, this usually halting their motion; though only momentarily, it is often enough for Azriel to dodge an attack.

Cooldown: Once every two of my posts - with one between each usage.

- Searing Poison
He can spit a blob of poison from his throat, travelling in a straight line up to 400 feet maximum, where it vaporizes. It literally feels like being punched, due to the force and speed with which it travels; alongside with a searing, burning sensation as the poison seeps into the area that his ability has come in physical contact with. Besides this, there are no side effects; no poison seeps away on its own four posts after it hits, leaving other body parts unaffected. This he uses as a distraction, but if he wishes to, he can pack more poison into the blob, and this time the pain WILL stay as well as cause muscle seizure in the affected area. However, this is waaaay more slow moving and hence considerably more dodgeable; the only way to neutralise the poison is to soak it in water for a solid thirty minutes. Doesn't affect non-living organisms, kills critters that it can smother, causes plants to wither - and fizzles out in water.

Cooldown: Once every two posts - meaning one between each usage. The more dangerous one can only be used once every three posts; these two different amounts of poison aren't separate, as in if he packs more poison into one spit, he can't do it again immediately even if he uses less of this poison.

> Shadow:
- Ground Traps
Provided that there are shadows present, he can "steal" them from their owners (dragons included, or even his own) to form a shadow puddle on the ground, usually a very thin, almost invisible layer. Once his target is over the shadow puddle, he can gather the shadows very fast to form a spike that bursts from the ground, possibly impaling the opponent. It can reach 200ft height-wise, with a maximum circumference of 20 feet. So a long thin spike.

Limitations so I won't be yelled at:
- He can't steal the shadows for too long. They eventually return to their owners whether he likes it or not, so he has two posts for his opponent to set off the trap before they aren't there anymore.
- Can only be used on the ground and not on liquid surfaces.

Cooldown: Once every two of my posts, meaning one between each usage.

- Wing Blast
He can condense black shadow energy into the spaces between his wings when he curls them. This charging up takes half a post, and when he unfurls them, he can send out a wave of this energy. Think of a shield but very large, knocking into you; it's powerful enough to send opponents staggering backwards, stunned; and if they're small or slow to react, knocked onto the ground. Dissipates after 400ft; or disappears if it hits someone.

Cooldown: Once every four posts, meaning 3 between usage.

Strengths:
- Tracking. He has an uncanny knack for guessing the locations of others correctly, and he has a remarkable sense of smell. He, like a wolf, can smell and determine scents, especially those belonging to dragons.
- Combat is Azriel's forte, being an all-rounder who is able to engage in combat in all sorts of conditions, including the sky, mostly due to years of training and some talent. He has amazing reflexes to boot, and is surprisingly nimble despite his size.
Weaknesses:
- The scales on his shoulders appear hard, but they're actually 20% softer than his other scales. If damaged, there is a high possibility of his flight abilities being hindered.
- His scales will turn brittle if exposed to a temperature of 0 degrees Celsius or lower, which will allow them to be snapped off easily (just like his claws). This will leave his tender skin exposed and vulnerable to attack.
- His sense of smell has obvious disadvantages, and can be turned against him.
Fighting Style: He's an all-rounder who isn't scared to play dirty.
Magic:
- Shadow Companions. He can create multiple copies of himself, but his "shadow companions" are significantly shorter than him, each standing at 50 feet tall. His Shadow Companions are like voiceless robots, as they do not speak, and obey orders without thinking. Azriel issues orders using telepathy that he can use only with his Shadow Companions, and their conversations are impossible to overhear. He can only conjure two Shadow Companions at once, the third - which is the maximum - only two posts after the first two.

Cooldown: 2 posts; only applies to individual Shadow Companions, and starts the moment they die. So take note that he doesn't have to wait all three to die before the cooldown begins. They vanish if:

1. They are separated from Azriel by a distance of 600ft and over.
2 He wills it.
3. Decapitation. Wounds do not slow them down, as they do not have blood, and do not feel pain. Unlike smoke, they are actually solid and can be touched, though can take on a smoke form if willed.

In their normal form, they can act as shields for him or disorient the opponent, but they cannot fight. Their physical strength is so weak that they can't land blows, but this is in exchange for their heightened speed which allows them to seemingly appear everywhere (not teleportation) to confuse the opponent. While wounds like gashes do not slow them down, they would obviously be hindered if a limb is ripped off.

In their smoke form, nothing touches them. They can't fight or shield, though they can blend into the shadows effortlessly, and Azriel uses them to collect information. They can float, walk or fly, and often they're unnoticed because their smoke form is a very pale grey, almost transparent form. Wind can blow them away though - but they come back, fast.

Last edited by Artemise on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:31 am; edited 38 times in total

Azriel, huffily - "I did not say that. You did."

Caramina - "What?"
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Azriel, the Defence General.

Post by Oculus on Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Question, did you talk to Gemini about being the General of Offense? I believe it was taken by Oreo Dynamic already.

Also, how long do his companions last?
Oculus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:56 pm

Bump.

His shadow companions will vanish after 3 hours have passed.

Caramina - "What?"
Artemise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:05 pm

~1/2 Approved~
Oculus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neru on Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:03 pm

2/2 Approvals given.
Neru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:31 pm

Out for edits~

Caramina - "What?"
Artemise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:45 pm

Bump. Didn't add any new abilities, strengths or weaknesses (if I recall correctly), just redid the personality and stuff like that.

Caramina - "What?"
Artemise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:53 am

~Approved~
Oculus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise on Wed May 09, 2018 11:02 pm

Out for edits.

Caramina - "What?"
Artemise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise on Fri May 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Bump. (Quickest I've ever done an app lol)

Updates:
- Reworked his personality, hobbies, likes/dislikes, fears
- Made minor changes to weaknesses + added a new one
- Specified his breath attack (and added a new ability: Ground Traps)
- Moved Shadow Companions to the magic section and added details to it.

Caramina - "What?"
Artemise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus on Sat May 12, 2018 12:46 am

So what happens in the ground trap ability when another shadow user is using shadows?

The shadow clones need to have some speed defined to them. Also, if decapitation makes them disappear, does this also apply to their smoke form?

Bump when done!
Oculus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise on Sat May 12, 2018 2:27 am

"when another shadow user is using shadows?" You mean Oculus? :p I'm not too sure what you're saying, but I can tell you that his spikes don't have any special properties just because they're made out of shadows, they just vanish after 3 posts. They can be shattered with enough physical or magical force, and the puddles on the ground can be scattered with magic or simply avoided. BUT, another shadow user cannot steal the shadows he's already using, nor can they control the activation of the trap.

Shadow companions: Alright, I was thinking that they could teleport over short distances, like 3 feet, but I'm not sure if that'll be allowed lol. They can reach up a speed of 100mph BUT IN SHORT BURSTS, like one post long, not for prolonged running, because they do have limited stamina. They run as fast as the average dragon does (not sure what that is but take that as a rough guide), only reaching their famed 100mph when in short bursts.

Also: Trying to chop their head off doesn't work, the smoke will just gather again. But remember smoke is smoke, they can literally be blown away or trapped into a container.

Caramina - "What?"
Artemise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus on Sat May 12, 2018 8:13 pm

~1/2 Approved~
Oculus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vortex on Tue May 29, 2018 1:25 pm

2/2 Approved, now let me sleep dammit
Vortex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:15 am

(By the way, this app had been taken out for edits a few hours ago.)

Bump.

Updates -
> The more unimportant stuff: Species, languages, personality, and appearance.

- Abilities and stuff:
> Removed an ability, and gave him three new ones, categorised under "Poison" and "Shadow": Wing Blast, Poison Vapour and Searing Poison.
> Changed around the strengths and weaknesses, and edited a bit about his Shadow Companions.

Caramina - "What?"
Artemise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next