Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Staff Applications

+7
Arkhor
Storm
Artemise
Neru
Oculus
Scortia
Owner
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Staff Applications Empty Staff Applications

Post by Owner Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:51 pm

This is an application to become one of the staff of the site! Staff have to be active, kind, and work for the better of the community! Staffing can be a hard and stressful job sometimes and there is no pay as this is you volunteering your time to help. Of course you get to help the site and it's members thrive and become a better site. We would like active, helpful, and kind members to fill the positions. People new and old on the site can apply.

At first it will be a trial run of being a mod before you become a full one. This doesn't mean you don't get to do all of the things a regular mod does, it just means you're being tested to see if you can handle and are fit to be one. If at any point you feel like you can't do it, please pm me and we can talk.

Please fill out the application below if you'd like to apply for a staff position
Code:
[b]Main Account:[/b] (Which account is your main account/the account you'd like to be a mod on?)
[b]Site Age[/b] (How long have you been on the site? You can usually check in your profile.)
[b]Age:[/b] (Actual age please.)
[b]Activeness:[/b] (How active are you on the site?)
[b]Staffing Experience:[/b] (What experience do you have being an Admin or Mod of another RP like forum?)
[b]Contribution:[/b] (What are you planning on doing to help the site and what is an active staff member like? How will you be a good staff member?)

[b]Sundew and Libra are fighting in the chatbox. Sundew is right while Libra is wrong, what do you do?[/b]

[b]An admin unbanned someone you banned in the chatbox. What do you do?[/b]

[b]You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. What do you do?[/b]

[b]What improvements would you make for the site?[/b]

If you were like to be a certain type of staff- Chat, character, ect.- please specify that in your app!

Owner
Admin

https://dragonshaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Staff Applications Empty Re: Staff Applications

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:27 pm

Main Account: Primalus
Site Age Just today lol
Activeness: Very active
Staffing Experience: 3 Years at differencedragonrp.webs.com
Contribution: An active staff member handles arguments and keeps things updated, such as maps and lore.
Sundew and Libra are fighting in the chatbox. Sundew is right while Libra is wrong, what do you do? Well first, I'd have them drop the topic. Then, once they've stopped talking about it, I would PM each of them separately, asking each of them why they felt the way that they did and explain why what they said was hurtful to other people. I would then PM them both and have them apologize to each other, and if that doesn't work out, keep taking to them to come to an agreement, even though Sundew is right. I work on a three strike rule, so if they have three big issues that I need to PM them about, I would temporarily ban them from the chatbox.

An admin unbanned someone you banned in the chatbox. What do you do? PM the superior and explain my reasons for banning them, then come to an agreement with my superior and have them take over from there (if they want to, of course)

You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. What do you do? I would most likely make a thread (or write a PM if only certain people hate me) explaining why I did the things that I did, and ask for suggestions on how to make things better (only, of course, if it is still getting my point across).

What improvements would you make for the site? Mostly making things pretty and cleaning up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scortia Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Main Account: Scotia
Site Age You guys have known me for two years..... Well, I'm brand new on this site <3
Activeness: I'm going to say every day-every three days o3o
Staffing Experience: I've been an administrator and a moderator on large scale and small scale websites, and I have a bit of coding and art experience, so I'm ready to be put to work <3
Contribution: I would gladly contribute any skills that may be required of me on this website, be it character creation/approval, monitoring the chatbox, adding coding to the website, making cool graphics, or whatever! :D

Sundew and Libra are fighting in the chatbox. Sundew is right while Libra is wrong, what do you do?
I try to figure out the source of the arguing, find out why each one is fighting each other, and get each one's different side of the story. Once I have done that, I will try talking to an unbias third party, if one was present during the arguing. I will talk to them and see what truly happened. and if Libra is truly the guilty dog for either starting something in the chat, purposely looking for trouble, or what not, I will attempt to try to talk to both of them on equal ground, and attempt to solve the issue, rather than blaming it on any one person. If the people arguing refuse to listen to my advise, regardless of how many options or helpful hints I give them, I will have no choice but to give them a warning. If they persistently ignore my advise, I'll give the one continuing to aggravate the subject a temporary ban from the chatbox. I will attempt to try to contact them afterwards through PMing to see if I can try to help them with their problem on a more personal, alone level.

An admin unbanned someone you banned in the chatbox. What do you do?

Find out why the admin unbanned them. What was the reasoning behind it? Was it bias, unbias, forced? Did it have no reasoning behind it? Was it just because the admin liked that person, or what? Once I find out their reasoning, and get a repeated side of the story from the one I banned, reevaluate my own reasoning for the ban? Are both reasons valid? Do they provide information that I had failed to see before? Once conclusions have been made, and compromises made with the admin, we would make the decision to either agree to ban them, or agree to allow them to stay. If the admin is bias and indeed unbanned them for a mundane reason, I would consult the rest of the staff, and/or the owner.

You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. What do you do?
I will try to explain my reasoning behind the subject, say why I did it, and all the benefits it may have. Try to get people hyped for whatever I might have done. However, I consider the community to be the make up of the site, so if the community isn't happy on a ROLEPLAYING website, clearly I'm doing something wrong.

What improvements would you make for the site? I could allow for fun, peaceful roleplaying and interesting plots, friendly staffing, and perhaps some nice aesthetics, as well.
Scortia
Scortia

Back to top Go down

Post by Owner Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:21 pm

Before I head off, I'm accepting Primalus and Scortia as trial mods. Congrats!

Keep applying, because I need more than just two <3

Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:39 pm

Main Account: Oculus
Site Age Conception <3
Activeness: It was just made... xD
Staffing Experience: I have staffed on DRF until I was removed as there was corruption.
Contribution: I plan on helping bringing the members together to have a safe and wonderful rp experience, as well as help bring members to this site.

Sundew and Libra are fighting in the chatbox. Sundew is right while Libra is wrong, what do you do?
I would tell Libra that yes, Sundew is indeed correct.  However, I would tell Sundew that cbox is not the place to make an argument, and that if there is an issue or disagreement, just have a staff member clear it so there is no fight.  I would then ask them both to not to fight in cbox, and to get a staff member next time.  I would then make them BOTH apologize, and kiss to make up to be nice together.

Contact the admin, ask why they did so.  If I disagree, I would tell them why.  If they still disagree, I would ask a higher admin for their opinion, and leave it up to them all in staff chat, and not hound the person unbanned.

You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. What do you do?
Move forward.  I've had this happen before, and will just try to explain what I did and why.  If I am hated, I cannot do much but give it my best.

Improvements (miscopied link, sorry) I would help organize the tribes and help people get settled once things get going
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Neru Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Main Account: Neru
Site Age Well, since the first day it started, as it is only.... 36 hours old?? lol
Activeness: Well, no proof of it yet, but I have the ability to be quite active.
Staffing Experience: 6 years of staffing, including moderating, administrating, and more recently some graphic designing on a multitude of websites, including 3 original websites, 1 freeform, and 4 Fairy Tail sites. I also was a moderator on DRF for some time. I have never been fired from any of these positions, though I have quit from two, one for personal problems, and the second, DRF, because the stress from the combination of high school and staff and college at the time were giving me health problems. In terms of any penalties other than quitting, I was once demoted, on one of the Fairy Tail sites, from Administrator to Moderator, due to the fact that the site was slowing down, and 4 Admins weren't needed anymore.
Contribution: I want to help use my expertise when it comes to seeing systems and rules of all types, and how they've panned out on other sites, to help this one come up with a solid foundation. I'd like to help make a complex and interesting lore that many people will be interested in as well as be able to find adept openings to create their own lore around their character(s).
An active staff member is a good many things. Activity doesn't just include being online. Anybody can be online. Activity includes, in my mind, doing things. If you're online, what are you doing? Keeping a tab open isn't really staffing. Actively checking apps, working on a system you'd like to see implemented, and dealing with member problems, to name a few, are active staffing.
In terms of myself being a good staff member, I have experience, and I'm patient, two things I worked, and work, very hard on. I've been able to deal with stressing situations when it comes to roleplaying sites in the past, and I'm still capable of doing so. (After all, there really wasn't a break in my staffing in the past six months or so but a gap of maybe 2 weeks.) I'm in college, and working, so there are times that you can't expect me to be hawking the site, but I have a schedule that varies, so you can expect me on more than just 2 hours every Tuesday, or something similar to that.

Sundew and Libra are fighting in the chatbox. Sundew is right while Libra is wrong, what do you do? There are a lot of factors going into this. First of all, if both of them are throwing insults and causing havoc in the chatbox, I'll probably deliver a warning (verbal, not system-wise, including that they may be temporarily banned if they do not stop), and stop the fight. I usually find, that if they won't listen to me asking them, a swift kick from the CBox disrupts things long enough for me to get a word in and for people to start listening. If it's lowly populated in the CBox at the time, I'll find the problem, mediate them through it (including calmly explaning to Libra why Sundew is right, and that it's not any fault of hers/his/theirs that it didn't quite get across), and hope that they make up. If they are refusing to do so, and both begin causing havoc again, despite my warning, I would ban them for a period of about 6 hours, just enough for them to cool their heads. If problems keep happening, then the ban will increase. 3 strikes, you're out, and I'd ask an Administrator about permanently banning them from the ChatBox. If it's highly populated, I'd move all that over to Skype or some chat room where we can all talk together, and continue from there. I avoid PMing when it involves conflicts of more than one person, as it breeds mistrust and beliefs that lies are being spread.
Now, in a different senario, saying Sundew isn't causing trouble, but trying to calmly explain, then it turns to Libra. Same as above, calm her/him/them down, including kicking her for a moment if needed. Go through the same processes, but with just them. If it's needed to be moved out of the CBox, at this point PMs would be used, as it's only one person I'm dealing with.

Even more could be said about this, as it changes with each situation, but I'll leave it be. It's already long enough XD

An admin unbanned someone you banned in the chatbox. What do you do? Simple, PM or Skype the Administrator, ask why they unbanned them. If I believe that they didn't understand something and that this person was unbanned wrongly, then I show what evidence I had (which would naturally be chat logs and PMs) explain why I banned them, and go from there. Any reasonable Administrator should be able to see if there are problems being caused and my reasoning behind banning them with evidence. At that point, they'd either be rebanned or free, depending on the decision made.

You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. What do you do? For a start, take 3 big steps back. Make a topic, calmly explain my reasoning behind what I did, how I thought it would work, and how the community might think I and the other staff can better it so that it is easier to deal with. If this doesn't work, pose a vote. Should it stay or no? If the majority of the community vote that they'd rather it removed, then I'd support removing it. The site only lives with the happiness of the community. Unhappy community = dead site.

What improvements would you make for the site? Right now? There are lots of things that could be done, it's just a baby! I personally would like to change/add the following:

An Active Characters list, once it gets bigger, as I always find those help A LOT in smoothing out the numbers in the groups. Plus, depending on the person, some people want to join the tribe that is either the least or most populated. That would make it easier to judge which is their wanted size and then do so. Plus, it makes figuring out RP partners easier, as you can see the members of your tribe clearly laid out in front of you.

I believe the top picture should be changed. It's quite cute, but it gives off a mental signal that this site is simplistic, and for children and new RPers. The prettier the site is, the more members it tends to draw in, and that is a fact that is supported by hundreds of sites. You want the first thing they see to exemplify the site, and how great it is, and a cute 2-minute doodle doesn't give off the image that much care is put in. It's the reason so many businesses hire graphic designers for their sites.

All rules and information should be in the same place. In DRF, it tended to be a challenge to find information, because it was split between the sections. One huge information section would make things easier to find, and easier for newer members to absorb.

That's about it for now. Thank you for considering me <3
Neru
Neru

Back to top Go down

Post by Owner Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:30 pm

Both are approved for trial <3

Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:38 pm

Main Account: Sonus Decessus
Site Age 2016-11-11
Activeness: Very active, I at least check once a day.
Staffing Experience: I have been the owner of some successful DA groups, moderating some chats for Youtube as well. I have been an admin for another forum roleplay site, but after a year or so, the owner didn't have time to keep the forum up, and closed it. About 4 years in total in all aspects of moderating.

Contribution: To become a member of the staff on this site would be an honor. Either a chat moderator or part of the actual moderators. I would like to become one to help around as much as I can, with figuring out arguments, or introducing new people to the site!

I would settle things down with a question, for both sides in a private PM. Not embarrassing them in public, unless they do not respond and keep arguing. Getting both sides of the story is crucial and fair. I would then address both of them, to settle things in the most humanly way possible. I would explain why Sundew is right, stating facts upon the topic. I would also take into consideration Libra's side of the story (as said above). I would be patient and kind. If they do not stop, and if my attempts are in vain, I shall note the ones that are above me about the incident, and announce that I have done so and ban them from the site momentarily until the staff gets it fixed.

I would PM the admin that had unbanned the one that I have banned and asked why they did so. I would read and take into consideration why they unbanned that specific player. Then I will explain why I banned the player in the first place, but always open for the other admin's opinion. If the other admin has a fair reason, I shall keep watch upon the player they have unbanned. They already have strikes against them. If they break another rule, or for whatever reason they were banned in the first place, I shall contact the Admin that unbanned them, then ban the player once again.

I would create a poll, asking for everyone's opinions, and seeing how I could tweak it to their liking. If not liked at all, I could might as well take it down if it really was not necessary. If it was necessary, I would explain to the players why I put it up, and why the site would need it. :D

What improvements would you make for the site?
Nothing at all, unless a major problem pops up. This site is wonderful how it is, currently, and if in the future will need improvements, I shall surely put in my opinion and help as much as needed.

Last edited by Sonus Decessus on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:06 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:30 am

Main Account: Artemise
Site Age: Joined on 11/10/2016
Activeness: Pretty active, logging in almost everyday.
Staffing Experience: I was a character mod at DRF for a month or two, before stuff happened..
Contribution: An active staff member is someone who is active in stuff like important discussions and roleplays, and is also one who contributes to the site to the best of their ability. I plan to contribute by being helpful in any way I can. Whether it be apps to grade or an argument to be settled in chatbox, as long as I hear about it, consider it done. <3

Sundew and Libra are fighting in the chatbox. Sundew is right while Libra is wrong, what do you do? What I would care about most is that they would stop. I would ask them to continue their argument by PMs/Skype/Discord, but if they ignore me, I would warn them that if I had to remind them again, they would be kicked out of the chatbox. If they still persist and enter the chatbox again [after getting kicked] just to argue, I would give them one last warning to stop before giving them a temporary ban from the chatbox, depending on how many rules were broken. I would also issue a ban if several rules were broken while Sundew and Libra were arguing. Afterwards I would PM both parties and attempt to find out facts about the argument and how both sides see it. Then I would create a Skype group including Sundew, Libra and me and watch them talk it out, stepping in if the discussion gets out of hand.

However, if the argument is minor and there's few people in the chatbox, I would try to resolve it there. I would read the archives first, before determining who's right and who's wrong [though I won't start accusing], and point out to both of them what they did wrong. If they ignore me, however, then a warning would be given, then a kick, like what was mentioned above. Hopefully Sundew and Libra would attempt to make peace with each other, but if the argument starts getting out of hand [insults start being hurled around, a lot of shouting, etc], I would ask them to continue it somewhere else.

An admin unbanned someone you banned in the chatbox. What do you do? PM the admin, asking why they banned the person I banned, and explaining myself as well. Once the admin has told me their reason, I would have a discussion with the admin on the best punishment to deal out. Since the admin is of higher ranking than me, they can choose to not hold a discussion with me and deal out whatever punishment they like.

You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. What do you do? What I did was right, and no matter how badly I'm treated, my opinions won't change, unless I'm facing a lot of hate. Then I'd try to see it from the perspective of others and reconsider my actions. I'd also try to explain to the members why I did what I did, and if they treat me with more hostility, I'll have to bear with it, I guess.

What improvements would you make for the site? There's one suggestion I'd like to make, and that's a personal group for inactive and banned members. Those in the mentioned groups will not be counted in the total number of registered groups. That way, no one will have to spend time doing a big cleanup of the site.

The site's pretty good [from my point of view] so far, and I don't think anything else needs to be changed ^^

Last edited by Artemise on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:52 am; edited 9 times in total
Artemise
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:11 am

Main Account: Storm
Site Age Since 11/19/16(Which is the day I am writing this), but I have been a member on DRF for more than a year and am the co-founder and an admin of US.
Activeness: I plan to be active! Even if I am not RPing, I will come to check in on the site probably every day.
Staffing Experience: As I stated before before, I am the co-founder and an admin on Untamed Skies.
Contribution: I plan to help the site with whatever it needs help with at the time. Oh, some people are arguing? I can help resolve that. Someone needs help with their character application? Don't worry, I've got your back. I will go and check people's character applications, too.

Sundew and Libra are fighting in the chatbox. Sundew is right while Libra is wrong, what do you do? I try to resolve the argument peacefully and get them to agree on something. If they both won't settle down I will ask them to talk to me in PM's so that I can get more incite as to what's going on. But if things get too heated I am not afraid to temporarily ban someone. But if and only if it gets too far.

An admin unbanned someone you banned in the chatbox. What do you do? I ask the admin why they did that, and try to understand their side of the story. They may have a totally good reason for letting them back in. And if I don't think that their reason is just, I can tell them my side of the story to help him or her better understand.

You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. What do you do? I try to tell the people on the site that I was just trying to do what I think is right for the site. If they all still hate me, than I would have to just live with it and hope it passes. I will still be kind to everyone and not hate them back.

What improvements would you make for the site? I would just try to make the site a happier, more fun place to be, while resolving conflict and helping others along the way.

^_^
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:14 pm

Sonus and Artemise are accepted as cbox mods. All positions for staff are considered full for now, but feel free to apply should a position open up. Sorry storm, but you haven't been on the site enough yet and we wanted a 1:2:2 ratio. You can keep your app and if a position opens up, we will definitely reconsider your app. ^^
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:19 pm

Awww, okay. I will definitely keep my app here for later. :)
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:24 am

(Taken down due to technical difficulties)

Last edited by Zero on Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:21 am

Main Account: Arkhor
Site Age A month
Activeness: On everyday
Staffing Experience: As many know I have experience with staff from the other site, along with experience leading in games and helping others I believe I have suitable experience for a position.
Contribution: I have a number of ideas which can help the site from lore to appearance. Without effecting anything the lore can be expanded, with including events. As Christmas is coming up an event can be held whether its a silly event or a more serious one with the winter theme. I have experience with creating images and artwork which can be provided to help the site. Even creating more detailed maps if required. I believe adding more content with getting people to rp along with rewards will benefit the site.

Activity is key as always, I always come on everyday its almost second nature for me. As many do know about me I try to provide a fair and helpful supporting service for members and other staff, I aim towards helping and improving others rather than punishing. Punishing is one thing but forgiving is better for the health of the site.

Sundew and Libra are fighting in the chatbox. Sundew is right while Libra is wrong, what do you do? Depending on what the argument is about either way I would express for them to calm down, while chatbox isn't the place for fighting its better to cool down the situation with going through their problem. Depending on what it is either a small talk in chatbox to settle the issue or talking via pm (or skype if they are available). If the problem continues I would provide warnings for both, while in extreme cases kicking from chatbox or temp ban.

An admin unbanned someone you banned in the chatbox. What do you do? Again this depends on why said person was banned, but either way you would contact the other member of staff via pm or skype. Expressing the reasons for why they where banned and asking why they where unbanned. (Normally this is done via staff chat or within the forum staff section, when ever a ban occurs I would report it to all members of staff and reasons why, providing proof)

You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. What do you do? We all know that change can be hard but community must come first, depending on the changes for example if its a layout change a poll can be done so the community can express their opinion. Creating hate isn't an aim for anyone repairing the community back takes precedence.

What improvements would you make for the site?
Like I stated above I would make improvements towards layout (if everyone agrees) while providing support with staff. Providing content with events and plots planning for the site, advertising the site. With my history with DRF I just want to provide my skills to improve content creating a better community.

// Reference//
Arkhor
Arkhor

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Ark made a cbox mod.

Gl!
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down