Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Chatter Amongst Books [Private - Atlas]

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chatter Amongst Books [Private - Atlas] - Page 2 Empty Chatter Amongst Books [Private - Atlas]

Post by Caramina Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Caramina wasn't a fool.

She had wanted to perhaps enter rogue lands and explore, or linger close to Ki'Sha borders in hopes of meeting someone new, instead of reading in the library, a place she frequently sought refuge in, to hide from her worries. But with the sudden changes in temperature, tempers were running high; discomfort and unhappiness weaved and rippled like poison. Brawls broke out so easily, so frequently, even amongst the Stormcallers and in the passages of the castles, usually ending in both opponents peppered with bruises or cuts that leaked blood. Uncertainty birthed hostility, bringing along aggression. The Ki'Shans had never been known for their mercy, something that the Stormcallers took pride in possessing, and Caramina was sure that even being within sight of any Ki'Shans patrolling the border would earn her a quick, ruthless death.

Cara did not want to use her powers to attack and kill - she had left that time behind, and would never return to again; ignoring its sugary voice whispering temptations of blissful release into her ear, she turned back rather reluctantly, her eyes leaving the storm of the whirling, crackling Tempest Ring before she spread her wings, the tips of her white feathers waving gently in the wind that the Ring spat, and took into graceful fligh, back towards the Twilight Palace, which she had taken to staying in recently. Her true home was somewhere outside of the Tempest Ring, but seeing that Rihzome was in there, she would stay for the time being, until she finally settled on a decision. Or was it possible for her to have two homes? Was that too much to ask for? She didn't know, but let the wind that glided gently past her face wash away such thoughts, her wings moving up and down in steady beats that propelled her closer and closer to the Twilight Palace. Within minutes she found herself touching down onto a balcony, not as gracefully as she'd liked (she had wobbled a bit, her tail sticking out in an attempt to regain balance), and hopped off the metal railing before heading into the mighty structure of a castle.

She would head to the library, she supposed sadly. Cara liked books, yes, but she was growing rather tired of them. Or perhaps she would meet yet another Stormcaller in there? Encouraged by the thought, she hurried her steps, her legs moving up well-polished staircases and bursting into a massive room with a ceiling that spread high up, shelves containing books fanning out around her in varying shades of comforting brown. The sandy-coloured marble floor was dotted with white or brown tiles here and there, her black talons clicking against their hard surface as she walked in. Nobody, as far as she could see. With an unhappy sigh that she could hear echoing across the place, she loosened her deep green scarf a bit by tugging on it before going to a bookshelf that she knew held her favourite book.

Tugging said object out, it flopped onto her hands and opened, the pages yellowed with age. Its cover was a worn scarlet colour, the gleaming gold ink trooping across its title naming the book one of legends. Of the first dragons. Sprawling down onto the nearest couch, she read.

Last edited by Caramina on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Caramina
Caramina

Tribe : Stormcallers

Back to top Go down

Chatter Amongst Books [Private - Atlas] - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatter Amongst Books [Private - Atlas]

Post by Athena Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:09 am

Atlas felt both at ease and terrified with this female. He was never really approached by other dragons, minus Shula. Ever since she'd tried to steal one of his rocks -and failed-, she'd been his only companion, coming to see him almost every day and spin wild tales of brawls in the streets and climbing 'the highest towers.' He humoured the hatchling, obviously. Besides, if he was honest, Shula was the highlight of his day.

This… was different. An adult was taking an interest in him. A pretty, smart and well mannered adult. A potential friend, around his age. Atlas was both excited and frightened by this prospect. He didn't want to scare her off with his… eccentric personality, but at the same time, he didn't want her to accept him for something he was not. He didn't want to put up any sort of facade in front of her. What a dilemma.

"I get told that very often. That I'm nice to look at. Sometimes I think males would flirt with me just to boast about having a pretty vase in their collection," Caramina was saying. Atlas rolled his eyes -in sync with hers, he failed to notice- and sighed. "It's to help boost their massive ego more than anything else," he muttered. Ugh, he hated dragons like that, males or females whose heads were so far up their own backsides they couldn't take a no.

As Atlas followed Caramina outside, he felt the cool air push back his crimson mane. He sighed, rolling his shoulders forward as to expose all his scales to the world. He chuckled at her inquiry. "I'm trying to make magic. For myself. Wait, that sounds evil. I mean, I'm trying to make more magic spells. For myself. For.. purposes," he stammered, giggling out of embarrassment. He quickly shook his head at her other question, a slight grimace forming on his usually placid face. "Heck no. I live just next to it. Wind's a bit loud outside the house, though, so… plug your ears," he chuckled, glancing at a male that passed by. Atlas noticed the way his eyes traveled appreciatively up Caramina's flanks, and rolled his eyes.

When they reached the outdoors, Atlas leaped into the air, shutting his eyes as a loud whoosh filled his ears. Opening them, he flew over the buildings, claws hanging down to feel the wind. "I love flying. It's the best feeling in the world."
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Chatter Amongst Books [Private - Atlas] - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatter Amongst Books [Private - Atlas]

Post by Caramina Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Caramina offered Atlas another smile and slouched a bit, doing so in hopes that she would make herself appear smaller and set Atlas at ease. The other male, for all his cheerfulness, still seemed a bit nervous, perhaps not accustomed to be approached by a female, or adult dragons at all, and Cara wished, sadly, that he would hurry up and stop being so polite. But that was a rather unreasonable demand, she knew, and told herself to be patient.

Atlas seemed to be struggling with something, Cara noticed, and wondered what, but refrained from uttering the question, only gave him time to think about whatever he was dwelling on. He'd seemed the sort who didn't have many friends, so maybe he was wondering how to act around her so he wouldn't lose the only dragon who seemed interested in him? Cara prided herself on reading dragons accurately, and if her guess did hit the mark, then she would adjust her behaviour to set him more at ease.

She smiled serenely. "I don't bother being polite in my rejection," and that was all she said on the matter. She fluttered her wings in an almost satisfied manner, before tucking them back to her sides.

A wrinkle formed between her eyes as she frowned, then it smoothed out as Atlas clarified the matter. She laughed along with him, but her tone was curious as she said in her lilting voice, Purposes? Care to share?" then added, horrified, "right next to it? That sounds horrifying." and anyone looking at her would see her face crinkled up in genuine surprise.

To the male she deadpanned, "take your eyes somewhere else," and gave him the same serene smiled she'd given Atlas, but paid him no more attention after that as she took into the air with Atlas. She didn't reply, only nodded and chanced a glance at him. He was pretty, a black ribbon threading through the sky with red streaming behind him like a banner. Cara's wings moved up and down in steady beats, but mostly let the wind push her forward. When they neared the Tempest Ring, she looked back to Atlas expectantly.
Caramina
Caramina

Tribe : Stormcallers

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Bump?
Artemise
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2