Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Athena's Scripts and Drabbles

2 posters

Go down

Athena's Scripts and Drabbles Empty Athena's Scripts and Drabbles

Post by Athena Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:58 am

Drabble: The Awakening

There was a sound, like a smashing egg, and when Athena looked up she saw a deep crack in the roof, cement oozing from it like a wound. The crack extended to the other end of the room and then the ground began to tremble, as if something terrible was upon it. Athena looked at Storm, and Storm looked at her. "Run!" he screamed.

In unison they took off down the hallway as the castle began to shake, the walls coming down around them, great chunks of rock and brick tumbling to the floor. Storm took to the air, darting between the falling fragments and disappearing into the mayhem, and Athena was alone. The last torches were crushed and then she was in complete darkness.

She focused on the sounds around her, trying to zone in on the stone around her. Spreading her wings, Athena leaped into the air, making a sharp left as she felt air rushing over her right side. She heard a shriek of terror, and for a moment feared it was Storm, but the voice was female. Turning the corner, Athena dove under a wall just as it crashed to the floor and flared her wings, lifting over a pile of rubble.

She could see a light, just at the end of the hallway. Almost there.. she pushed herself, beating her wings as hard as she could as she heard the roof cracking above her. She glanced over her shoulder, heard the building coming down behind her and allowed fear to lend her strength.

CRACK! Something smashed into her shoulder and she gasped, the crack that followed bouncing off of the inside of her head. Something's broken, she realised as she descended towards the floor, wing folding in on itself. she tumbled to the ground and out into the light, and then there was just open air. The wind roared at an incredible volume, and when Athena opened her eyes she saw the city, far below, the collapsing walls of the tower rushing past her.

Strong talons grabbed her by her midsection and Athena gasped as she was pulled out of her free fall. Her savior twisted around, just in time for her to witness the castle collapsing in on itself, the top floor crashing into the second, then into the third. The noise was deafening.

Athena heard wings above her beating and then she was being carried away. The talons still gripped her tightly, keeping her safe. Athena was about to turn her head over her shoulder to see who it was, but then, it happened.

The world began to vibrate, the air trembling as the clouds began to shudder. A roar, a scream, so loud she heard nothing else as it seemed to push them back. And then, a head burst out of the earth, swallowing the castle whole. One big golden eye locked onto her, and the impossible sized pupil narrowed.

Shock plunged her into darkness.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Athena's Scripts and Drabbles Empty Re: Athena's Scripts and Drabbles

Post by Athena Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:07 am

Practice Writing: Descriptions Of Characters

Storm

Got you! Flaring her wings, she outstretched her talons and slammed the new spar partner into the earth, wincing at his shriek of shock and pain. Athena lost her balance and fell forward, and came almost nose to nose with the face of the dragon.

He was.. small. Smaller then she expected. Then again, he'd been going too fast for her to get a good look at him. Amethyst scales that gleamed like diamonds coated his body. A pair of startling green eyes locked onto hers, and Athena blinked. "Name's Athena," she introduced herself, lashing her tail.

"I'm Storm," was the reply, weakened by the lack of air. He sounded.. young, no older then sixteen. A smile spread across the face of Storm, and Athena found herself smiling back.

Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:41 pm

*Sees name of topic*

*Is instantly interested*

This is cool so far! :D I like it!
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:34 am

Why, thank you good sir! XD
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:55 am

Okay, so, this is an idea I've had for a while..

Lightning crackled outside the window, turning the room white. Yet that wasn't what made me jump. It was the shriek, the roar of pain that came from above. I froze, listening to the echoes of the horrible sound as it shook the house. Anyone else would have mistaken it for thunder, but it was too animal, too alive.

Leaping out of bed, I rushed to the window and yanked back the curtains, just in time to see a blue comet, heading towards Glasgow Green. I watched as it spiraled down, and disappeared behind the trees.

From inside my head came a whisper, a female voice in pain. Help..

My mind went onto autopilot as I turned and threw open my wardrobe. Tossing on some clothes, I crept out of bed. Tiptoeing towards the door, I snatched the keys to the flat and my phone, before glancing into my dad's room. My brothers were still asleep, snoring away next to my father.

I left the flat, shutting the door behind me with a soft click. I crept downstairs, being careful not to wake the other tenants, and pressed the key to the pad. The door buzzed and I opened it, stepping out into the cold.

TO BE CONTINUED
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:20 am

First Flight

Athena gazed down at Atrex for a moment, his small body shivering from the blood streaming down his flanks. She looked around, watching as dragons fell from the clouds like fallen angels. There's no way to run, she thought. Her eyes fell on the nearby waterfall, as the water fell over the edge. She could see the horizon, meeting with the sky, and then her eyes narrowed.

Atrex groaned softly as she hauled him onto her shoulders, knees bending with the weight. Raising her head, Athena fixed her gaze upon the horizon. "A-Athy.." she heard Atrex whisper, and didn't answer.

Straightening, Athena broke into a run, kicking up dust as she galloped across the earth. Atrex bounced up and down on her back, but she felt his talons tighten onto her sides and knew he was clinging on. Rising onto her back legs, she spread her wings, and began to beat them, the wind whooshing with each steady flap. The cliffs approached at a rapid speed, taunting her with their abrupt end. The sound of rushing water grew louder, and louder becoming a roar as she reached the end.

She leaped, kicked off the edge, and then she was falling.

Her mind frozen, Athena tucked her wings into her sides, gaining speed as the wind stung her eyes. Open your wings.. Open your wings! Her eyes widened, and with a shriek she extended her wings.

TO BE COMPLETED BECAUSE SCHOOL IS THE WORST AND THE BELL HAS JUST GONE. AHBUABGOUAGEWBOUQAH
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:55 am

Ayathena Drabble Because SHIP

ZIIIIIING! THUNK!

The target split in half, the hide flying through the air. The centre, pinned to the wall by the blue spike, waved dejectedly in the light breeze that wafted through the air. This is boring. She sighed, glancing up at the sky as she prepared another spike.

"You're doing it wrong." She snapped her head over her shoulder to stare at the dragon approaching. She huffed and shot another spike. "Lesson one," her feathers twitched, brow furrowing as he stood next to her. "Don't get distracted," he said, gesturing to the sky.

She sighed and glared at him. "Yeah, thanks for the tip," she snapped. "Oh, you're welcome. After all, it's my job now to mentor you." she could hear the smirk in his voice as her eyes widened. "What?" she looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm your trainer now. You got ranked up. Hooray," Ayato replied. Unable to tell if he was lying or not, Athena sighed. "So, what now? You gonna teach me how to do karate?" she asked, rolling her eyes as she snapped her tail into place behind her, setting her eyes on the next target.

She felt Ayato moving away, and watched as he spread his wings slightly, a smirk on his face. "I need an evaluation of your bare skills," he uttered, flicking his tail as he lowered his head slightly. "Show me what you've got."

She only waited a moment before she lunged at him, but he was in the air before she had even lifted off the ground. She leaped into the air, snapping at his heels. He twisted to get away, his teeth grazing the side of her face as she pulled up in front of him. They locked eyes and with a single beat of her wings Athena rocketed into her opponent, slamming headfirst into his chest.

The world tilted and then they hit the ground. A kick to her stomach sent her flying through the air, and sprawling onto the ground. She hastily stood to her feet and spread her limbs slightly to give her more balance. Ayato rose, blinking, and then he inclined his head slightly.

They began to circle each other, eyes locked together. Ayato's shoulders moved and rippled, confidence coming off him in waves. Hostility gleamed in Athena's eyes as she moved like a panther, heart throwing itself against her rib cage.

She was the one to break the circle, leaping forward. Spreading his wings, Ayato leaped up and watched as she slid behnesth him. She heard him tucking his wings in and rolled. She heard his grunt as he landed where she had just been. She jumped up and over as his tail swept beneath her. She snapped at his face. Ayato jerked his head back and her jaws closed inches from his throat.

It was like an intricate dance, as dangerous and daring as leaping through fire, yet it was so exhilarating that neither cared. Talons met tails with sword like 'twangs' as fangs met air inches before gleaming scales. Eyes blazed as wings beat and bodied twisted, glistening with sweat. It was a flurry of colour, filled with flashing colours and lightning-fast reactions. Each as tough as the other, his endurance against her aggressiveness. He pushed her back, then she pushed him back. Neither gave in, neither submitted, and for once, Athena felt.. Content. Happy.

The spell was broken when she slipped.

Her back met the wall with a 'thud.' Grunting, Athena winced as the back of her head ached. It was then she focused on Ayato, his eyes shining with victory. One talon was pressed firmly against her chest, the other was trapping her left wing against the stone. For a long while, there was silence, just their heavy breaths and the sound of the desert breeze.

"Not bad," he said in between his pants. "For a beginner." She glared at him and managed an indignant huff. "Don't worry. A few lessons with me and you just might make it to Aliguaan," he said cheerily, sarcasm dripping off of his words. "That is, if you haven't gotten sick of me by then."

Athena raised an eyebrow. His face was incredibly close to hers, his breath tickling her cheek. "Funny," she drawled. "I think we can teach each other." She whipped her tail into place, pressing the blade into his throat. "Lesson one," she smirked. "Don't get distracted."

Last edited by Athena on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:57 am

Drabble: Athena VS Kalari

I got the idea for this fight when I was listening to Uncharted 4 OST: Brother's Keeper - Extended.

They locked eyes, and Athena snarled, standing protectively in front of her friend. "Finally decided to show your face?" Kalari cried over the sound of the groaning walls. "Let's see how the Deeogon fights!" she spread her wings, crouching down like a panther.

Athena scowled, bringing her tail up in front of her, causing the blade to wink in the firelight."Bring it on, cassova," she snapped.

Kalari swiped and Athena ducked, tail lashing towards her throat. She clamped down on it and Athena roared, kicking her in the face. She fell and rolled, coming up just as Kalari lunged for her, slamming her against the wall. Stars danced behind her eyes and Athena had barely enough time to raise her tail again before blue talons collided with her head. A sword-like 'twang' bounced off the walls of the cave as she shoved her off, stepping forward to deliver a blow with her wings.

Blood sprayed her face as Kalari shrieked and leaped at her. She side stepped, but her enemy twisted around and shoved her into the nearby shelves. Tattered books fell to the ground as the two started mauling each other on the cave floor, jaws snapping, claws swiping.

Athena blasted ice at her, and Kalari leaped off to avoid it, pouncing at her again when she tried to get up. Blood splattered across the walls, roars and snarls filling the air.

"Give it to her, Athena!" she looked up to see Shula, eyes wide as she tried to get up. The little hatchling fell to the ground, and she felt her cold heart swell.

CRACK! Athena yelled as Kalari snapped her wing to the side, breaking the hand in two. Shoving her onto the ground, her enemy stood over her, pinning her down with a sadistic grin on her face. "You had everything I ever wanted! EVERYTHING, and you just threw it away like it was trash!" she screamed, going to stab her throat with her claws. Athena raised her tail and barely managed to hold her off, the tips of the cyan talons grazing her neck.

Suddenly, a red blur shot into Kalari's face and the female shrieked, throwing her head back. Shula! Athena realized as the little hatching swung from her face, little claws digging into her eye. Snarling, she reached up, grabbed her, and tossed her against the cave wall.

"NO!" Athena cried, as the little body fell to the ground and remained still. Red filled her vision and with a roar that shook the cave, she went for Kalari, ignoring the pain in her broken wing. Barely able to hold off the sudden onslaught of blows, the blue dragoness began to move back, what eye was visible wide with surprise. "W-wait!" she screamed as she was pressed against the wall. "I yield! I yield! MERCY!" tears of fear streamed down her face and Athena halted, blade touching her victim's neck.

Then, her eyes hardened. "Is this what you wanted?" she asked calmly, fighting to keep the odd serenity in her voice. Kalari suddenly glowered at her, and she knew she'd been faking the terror. "Go to Oblivion," she spat, blood trickling down the side of her face. Athena tilted her head. "I'll see you there," as her tail slit open her throat, Kalari's claw plunged forward into her chest.

She died laughing.

Athena stumbled back, wheezing. Vision blurring, she moved towards Shula. "Sh.. Shul..a.." she whispered, and then she collapsed.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:12 am

Shula

"Come on, Shula, give it to him!"
"Go on, Dags! Dagger! Dagger! Dagger!"

Shula gave a low growl of victory as she pinned the smaller male to the ground, tail lashing in predatory glee. After a few moments, the dark grey hatchling gave a muffled yelp of submission, desperately pushing at her muzzle. She had him in a head lock, front paws pinning his to the ground, and her teeth on his chin, forcing his jaws together.

She released him, hopping off without much elegance. "Taaa!" she mocked, sticking out her tongue at him. Dagger whimpered, trudging away to hide behind his friends, who eyed her with a mixture of disgust and disdain. "So, can I play with you now?" Shula asked, sitting down with a smug look on her face.

"No," Ghandra growled, wrapping her tail around her brother's. Shula's heart sank and she growled. "B-but that's not fair!" she started. "You said that-"

"SCRAM! All of you!" a booming voice sent the five hatchlings scampering into the streets. Shula shivered, watching their disappearing forms vanish. "Shula," the deep, female voice was dipped in barely repressed anger. "Get inside." Shula groaned, rolling her eyes, and strutted past Agnes, swishing her tail.

"I've just about had it with you, young lady!" Agnes snarled once the door was shut. "Insulting other dragons, getting into fights in the streets! Your attitude is appalling! The very idea, young one, the very idea!" her voice grew louder and more shrill until it hurt her ears. Shula felt all the other hatchlings' eyes on her and was glad her scales concealed her burning face. She gazed off to the side, humming quietly.

"LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!" the roar scared her out of her wits. Shula leaped up and away, suddenly trembling. Her facade of confidence was gone, replaced by what she really was; a badly behaved hatchling. She gazed up at Agnes in fear and shock. The others had gone silent, some creeping out of the room, others peering around the chairs to watch.

"Now, young Shula," Agnes drawled. Though she was trying to hide it, the hatchling glimpsed the smugness gleaming in her one good eye. "You, madam, are in big trouble. What sort of example are you to the little ones?" with one big wing Agnes made a grand gesture to the hatchlings even younger then herself, who were gazing at them with a mixture of shock and fear.

"Do you think this is the way a young lady should behave?" she asked. Shula looked at the ground.

"Answer me," the dangerous tone was back.
"No, Agnes," Shula mumbled.
"Go to your room. Now."

Shula tried to put on a mask of quiet confidence, but shame had stolen her macho. She made the walk of shame past the others, and into her room, tail dragging along the wooden floor behind her.

When Agnes closed the door, she burst into tears.

Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:32 am

Finding Trico

((This is part of my 'The Last Guardian' Fanfiction.))

Ferin turned and yelled.

Kuno froze for a moment as his friend stumbled back and out of the torch’s reach. It took him a few tries before he could scream the word properly. “TORICONO!” He yelled. Kuno’s insides went numb.

That was when he heard it. The deep, thunderous growls, coming from the creature behind him. Roasting hot breath washed over his neck. Kuno turned, moving slowly as not to trigger an attack. Two glowing pink eyes larger than his head glared out at himfrom the pitch black. Against the shadows, it was like looking into twin suns.

The eyes grew larger as the beast moved forward towards him. Shrouded in black, Kuno could barely make out the silhouette it owned. He stepped back, but then, with a strangled bellow, the creature leaped towards him, or tried to. Falling back onto his backside, Kuno scrambled away, breathing heavily as he glimpsed a talon lacerating the space inches in front of his face. The sound of rattling chains filled his ears as the beast’s eyes grew smaller.

“It’s trapped,” he said with a sigh of relief, watching as the huge mass of black retreated into the shadows. “And dangerous,” he heard Ferin mutter. “It’s eyes…” he could hear the astonishment, the horror, in his friend’s voice, at seeing the creature that had been taking children from their beds for centuries for the first time. Judging from where he could see the torch, he was keeping a safe distance between him and the beast. From within the shadows, the beast snarled at them, and he glimpsed it’s ears pulling back.

It was then he made the connection between the stench of blood and the animal. “It’s hurt,” he said, slowly rising. “What?” Ferin snapped, fear coming into his voice as the beast growled at them again. “The Toricono, it’s hurt!” He repeated himself with a hint of irritation. Not taking his eyes off the beast, he stepped forward.

“Kuno, what in the name of Rihanor are you doing?!”” Ferin hissed. “Are you crazy?!” he demanded. The beast snarled again and retreated further into the shadows. Shrouded in black, it glowered at Kuno with the intensity of a thousand suns. “Shhh!” he hushed his friend, who immediately fell silent. He looked over his shoulder at him. “It’s frightened. Just... keep quiet. Don’t move,” he began moving towards the beast again. Step by step, he approached the Toricono. Perhaps it was the fact that he’d befriended one of them, or maybe it was sympathy, but either way, he wanted to help it. The beast growled and grinded it’s heavy talons against the stone.

Now, he could smell the blood. It filled his nostrils and sank into his throat, almost making him choke. “Easy, shhh,” he whispered, holding up his hands to show his empty palms. “It’s alright, I just want to help.” The beast snarled in his face. It was like having a hundred horns blown into your ears at the same time. Deafening. Frightening.

Now within reach of its talons, Kuno decreased his pace even more, eyes scanning what they could make out for injuries. Nothing. He couldn’t see anything but the dark outline of the Toricono. All the while, he kept speaking softly to it, showing respect and caution, but not fear. Fear meant you were weaker, and being weaker made you prey.

His foot caught on a chain and Kuno slipped. A bellow that made his ears ring exploded through the cave and with a deafening snarl the beast lunged towards him. A talon slammed down on his back, forcing the air out of his lungs. “KUNO!” He heard Ferin scream, and then frantic footsteps beneath the sound of the beast’s pained roars. Suddenly, a loud shriek broke through the fog of his mind, and the weight on his back lifted.

Kuno rolled onto his back, crying out in pain, and he began to move backwards. The torch was abandoned on the floor, and he could just make out Ferin, jabbing at the beast with his spear. The Toricono was less than pleased, shrieking and screeching as it’s limbs flailed everywhere, it’s head darting back and forth to avoid the spear’s head. His eyes went to the dimly glowing torch. It had rolled to a stop near the beast’s back leg, where he could now make out the blood stained feathers and pink talons, and the ring that locked it tightly to its other limbs.

And its tail, which was missing its end.

“Ferin stop!” He cried, but it was too late. The beast lashed out with its talons and knocked Ferin to the ground. The spear rolled away fro him as the man scrambled back, hand raised over his head as the beast crawled towards him, eyes gone from purple to red. “NO!” Kuno screamed, running over to the beast. Leaping onto its back, he held on for dear life as the creature roared in surprise. His foot slipped on something wet, as it began to thrash and wiggle, bucking like a crazed colt. Suddenly, something large and feathery struck him in the back of the head –must have been a wing- and Kuno was sent flying. He fell to the ground and groaned as he rolled to a stop, hearing a rib crack. Through blurred vision, he saw the hazy red eyes moving towards him, talons scraping against the stone. Tail lashing, the beast lunged for him, jaws agape.

“TRICO!” he screamed, holding his arms out,

and the beast stopped.

Skidding to a halt, its talons came to rest on either side of Kuno. Its angry red eyes gazed at him with such an intensity he thought he was going to melt. Hot, angry breaths caused sweat to grow from the confines of his skin. He could feel feathers brushing his bare skin, could hear his heart, drumming in his ears. Slowly, the red faded to a glowing purple. Lying there on his back, Kuno felt tears of fear threatening to fall. “T-Trico,” he said.

The light faded from his eyes, and Trico crooned.

Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum