Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

A flight in the Jaggedhorn Mountains

3 posters

Go down

A flight in the Jaggedhorn Mountains Empty A flight in the Jaggedhorn Mountains

Post by Frostwing Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:32 pm

When Frost woke in his den, The black scaled male with his ice-blue wings had woken up from  a particulair scent.  Sniffing the air agian, it was without a doubt the scent of another dragon. Why would they come so close to his den, it was well hidden and there where enough sings, it was occupied.
Slowly he rose to his feet. His clawls Tikt agianst the stone , when he walked towards the entrance.  

Was it Male or Female, The scent was not strong enough to diterment that or  where there muttiple.  When he reatched the entrance, the wind blew directly into his home.  With the speed the wind was blowing and the strenght of the scent, it was impossible to tell if the dragon or dragons was close or verry far.
Frost needed to leave his home to hunt, but he was unsure. He spread his blue wings and with a big leap he flew into the air.  The Cold lands spread under him, the trees where coverd in snow and the lakes and small rivers where coverd with a layer of ice. Throughout the year the land was coverd in snow and ice. It was allot colder then the other countries , just how he liked it.

Frost could proudly call himself a member of the Kaamil tribe. This land belonged to the Kaamil.  Frost  was a normal Kailin, and lived a bit isolated from the rest. Not that he lived in complete isolation, but the cave he had found, and build into his home was further away then he initially thought.   His wings beated softly on a slow rithem, as he flew over the land. It was a perfect day, Slowly he shook his head, maybe he was mistaken.  Not that it matterd, it was a beautiful day to fly and if he was lucky maybe even an easy prey.  The air  current lifted him high above the clouds.

Frost was wondering wat the rest of the tribe was doing. He had not seen them for quiet a while. He desiced that when the time came, he would visit atleast a few of them. While he was in thought his wings carried him towards the Jaggedhorn Mountains.  A hard place that most avoided, because of the lack of food and harsh weather. He simply loved it. The beauty of the mountains and there location close to the ocean. It always made him return.

While some warned him about the dangers in the mountians, he never had anny trouble so far, not because he possesed a certian skill, but just because he was always carfull and verry hesitant. Slowly folding his wing he circled over the Jaggedhorn Mountains, or atleast a small area from it.  A small sigh escaped his muzzle, doubting if he should have left his den. He needed to hunt, but was not really hungry.   Slowly moved his tail and started to spiraling down.  There where no movements, no prey running away. maybe leaving my den was not a good idea, a small nap would suit me,  he spoke to himself.  His clawls sunk away in the soft snow, and he layed down. wings pressed back agianst his body . Simply enjoying the stunning horizon.
Frostwing
Frostwing

Back to top Go down

A flight in the Jaggedhorn Mountains Empty Re: A flight in the Jaggedhorn Mountains

Post by Koal Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:09 pm

The black dragon would of had his nap, if that same scent wasn't picked up again, this time it was stronger with the smell of heat. If followed, the black dragon would eventually come across quite a a wyvern with its body burning with fire. It appeared to be melting the area around him for some reason.

The wyvern's attention was drawn when its eyes locked onto Frost's eyes. Those eyes held alot of caution, not that of a threatening glare.

This wyvern was none other than Koal, a wondering rogue that travels the land in search of things to do and explore, he never did stay in one place nor is he well known throughout the land.

Koal continue to be caution as his body's flames dimmed, but he held onto his power incase this black dragon proves to be an enemy rather than an ally. His tail nervously twitches when no words were spoken, causing him to think that perhaps it was a bad idea to come into the mountains.

Koal

Back to top Go down

A flight in the Jaggedhorn Mountains Empty Re: A flight in the Jaggedhorn Mountains

Post by Frostwing Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:56 pm

His eyes slowly fell as it was a calm horizon. His tail flikt slowly as he Yawned. Suddenly something he sensed made him widen his eyes. He stuck his nose in the air. That scent, it was the same scent, he had noticed from his den.  Quickly jumping to his feet, He Blinked with his eyes. The Wyvern suddenly stood infront of him. Judging for his eyes, he was just as suprised to see me.

Frost knew the mountains where a part of the Kaamil and rogue territories. But he was quiet sure he did not cross the kaamil border. So this wyvern must be a rogue. He prepared for a fight when he saw the flames on his back.  It seemed them watching eatch other  took days, months, years and not something as short as a few minutes.  His muscle tensed.  

Frost was not a fighter, he was not even a great hunter. Maybe he could talk to this wyvern. "hello" Just a brief greeting, but not much more. When time seemed to stop he  became a bit frustrated, why had the wyvern come here. The longer he thought about it, the more it made sense, Rogue's travelt allot, maybe he is searching for something in these mountains. Wat are you doing here? He didn't say it unfriendly, or atleast he thought so. He was a nervous and really hoped the Wyvern could not tell.
Frostwing
Frostwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Koal Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Koal eyed the black dragon warily and when it spoke, it eased the tension that had built between the two. "Merely traveling wherever I go with no goal in mind." The wyvern explained. "What about you? Are you traveling as well? or did I cross into your territory? If so, please forgive my intrusion, I don't know those lands well enough, but I try to avoid places if there is a mark or a group gatheringing." HE said.

Koal

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostwing Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:17 am

Moved a little bit, he did not wanted to be suprised by a sudden attack. "Traveling without a goal? Seems pointless. Not trusting the wyvern, he kept his gaurd up.  Something he said, did not seem right, or did it? The borders where well known, did he trully not know where he was?  You are in Kaamil territory.

Suddenly he knew what was wrong, how did the wyvern know, where is lair was, or was itthe wind. Did you know a dragon lived here? he asked with a bit of hesistation, not wanting to give away where he actual lived. Thinking back of the suprised look on his face he doubted it. Frost let out a sigh and relaxed. Lowering his gaurd and laying back down on the soft snow.

I'm sorry, I have not seen another dragon in quiet some time. You suprised me. His muscle relaxed. I live here, or not that far from here. I picked up your scent from my lair, but thought you where one of our tribe.
Frostwing
Frostwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Katyusha Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Ah, the beautiful hills of the Jaggedhorn! Katyusha actually found them to be quite beautiful, despite their infamous reputation. Such dangerous slopes, known for the threats they posed to the general draconic public. It was honestly a great wonder. How something so gorgeous, and seemingly unchanging, could cause so much distraught and fear. It was in these small things that Katyusha admired. For a mountain range to be so dangerous, despite it merely existing, was such a powerful thing. Katyusha wished she could make things fear her just by existing.

But alas. In the world of organic life, you must prove yourself to be considered a threat.

At this time, Katyusha found herself flying over the hilly landscape, whooping and hollering. She had no particular goal in mind, except that she was looking for a place to find muse. Maybe somewhere she could draw that was nice and quiet. The border had seemed like a nice place to find tranquility, so she had fled that way.

But, as the snake like dragoness slithered through the sky, she noticed something from the corner of her eye. Dragons. Down below, it seemed like several dragons were conversing. Curious. Perhaps she could go take a look. Of course, considering she wasn't exactly concerned with hiding herself, it was possible the dragons could spot her before she could get close enough to say hello.
Katyusha
Katyusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostwing Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:45 am

dont think koal will respond annymore.
Frostwing
Frostwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostwing Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 am

The dragon stood on the snowy mountains with a dragon that had not spoken in quiet a while. Frost swoly backed off. The stranger was not considerd a threat, but he was cautious. When he was sure he was far enough away, the dragon spread his wings. It was a simple leap into the canyon below to take flight. It would take almost no engergy and the wind was blowing in a relaxing way. But before he could take to the skys, he could see another dragon flying.
"when had this place become so crowded" The dragon thought to himself.

With a curiosity he looked at the flying dragon. She flew gracefuly and Frost was sure he had seen her before. SLowly the dragon shook his head thinking he was mistaken.

Frostwing roared softly, not threathening but more of a friendly greeting, not sure if she had spotted him. Not that she could have missed the dragon but it was still polite to do. Frost started to wonder if he wasn't the only one who had his cave up in these mountains, but this was the first time he had met more then one dragon in this area.

Finaly Frostwing jumped of the mountain slope, into the canyon. he let himself drift on the air current and flew to a sun heated top where he landed, and layed down slowly rolling himself in the snow. The warm sun on his scales where pleasent enough to stay there. Normaly he would avoid the sun, but it was still early in the season the sun would not be to warm.
Frostwing
Frostwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum