Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

'Til the Silver Moon Rises [Closed]

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

'Til the Silver Moon Rises [Closed] - Page 3 Empty 'Til the Silver Moon Rises [Closed]

Post by Chrocey Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

And so it was, after arriving at her new abode, that Silver would find herself at a bit of a loss for words. Far from home, in new land that she hadn’t explored. Of course, it was she that had chosen such an unfamiliar location.

Life had been nothing but discomfort whilst living with her parents in the Etcan Mountains. Day in and day out, her time there was filled to the brim with uncomfortable little greetings and conversations with her mother. All the while her father simply remained quiet and stared at her from time to time.

This cave, purchased by their gold, was to be both a farewell gift, and her only means of getting them out of her life.

Silver knew her belongings were likely still being delivered to her new home, so there was no reason to retire indoors just yet whilst the sun was still beating between her pale white wings. Lifting her head in a regal manner, the jewel decorated dragon reached into a pouch on her front leg and withdrew a small hand mirror.

Luckily, the flight here hadn’t necessarily been the worst on her. Her eyelashes looked as well-kept as ever, her silver diamond earrings were shiny enough to blind a dragon three miles away, and the silver bracelet around the base of her tail still had all its glittering sapphires encrusted into it. Despite being a bit conservative with the jewelry (by her own standards), she felt she looked adequate enough to make good first-impressions with whomever she were to meet in the nearby village.

Tucking the mirror away once more, Silver turned and sauntered toward the village she’d seen on her way to her new home.

The Aeria Mountains were said to be more populated than what she was used to. It would be an interesting place to meet new faces.

Last edited by Chrocey on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chrocey
Chrocey

Back to top Go down

'Til the Silver Moon Rises [Closed] - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Til the Silver Moon Rises [Closed]

Post by Chrocey Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Silver's head was beating like a drum. It took a moment for her to realize just how off-key and grating the singing dragons were.

The dull pain behind her eyes made her feel nauseated, but even so she managed to force herself to stand up. Her legs shook and faltered as she tried to get a bearing on where she was.

Looking to the ground, the pristine dragoness realized that she wasn’t exactly pristine anymore. The ground was covered with unidentifiable muck and grime, leaving dark marks on Silver’s scales. She recoiled in disgust, suddenly regaining her strength to stand straight as she wanted her body to be as far away from the floor as possible.

This was most definitely a bandit camp. She'd seen and read about them before. A place where the most deprived of dragons would go to find some semblance of a purpose. It was because of pathetic people like them that some of the more wealthy towns had such high security.

Their camp spoke volumes of how little they actually owned. Makeshift tents littered the area, some of them made out to be shelter, others storage for some of their supplies. One of the supply tents that was worth noting was one that contained barrels of black powder. From what Silver could tell, it was flash powder, something that bandits used to temporarily blind their victims.

A whole tent full of that catching fire would certainly cause enough of a stir for her to escape. To her misfortune, however, she didn’t have any sort of fire breath to ignite it, nor did she have a key to get out of her cage.

Letting out a soft moan of dismay, Silver slowly made her way toward the front of the cage to get a look at the two guards. One sat a few inches taller than her and had black scales, while the other was about the same height as her and had deep blue scales. Each of them held a spear, and both of them seemed to be leaning on it a little bit.

Based on their longing glances at the dragons towards the center of the camp, it was clear that they wanted to join their brethren rather than be stuck on guard duty. Silver contemplated using their lack of attention to her advantage. The only problem was that neither of them possessed a key for her to try and steal...

A sudden thought occurred to her. Shula...did she get captured to? No, I would know if she was. We would likely be in the same cage. She must have run away. With a frown she thought, that is too bad. I could surely use her right now.

Silver had to remind herself that wishful thinking wasn’t going to get her anywhere. She had to come up with some way of getting out of here. If only thinking weren’t such a hard thing to do at the moment.  

The frustrated dragoness eyed the larger guard. He still looked rather upset, and what she was going to do next wouldn’t exactly put him in a better mood. The bars of the cage were wide enough for her to slip her talon through, so she reached as far out as she could go, until her talon was just above his back.

In a sudden swift movement, she swiped downward, her claw barely piercing his scales and drawing a bit of blood.

“Ow!” the guard exclaimed before turning around and aiming his spear toward her. “You little worm! I’ll make you pay for that!”

Just as he was readying to jab his spear through the bars of the cage, his companion stopped him.

“Wait!” he said, “Lock said we can’t touch her.”

“I’m not going to touch her,” the scratched dragon grumbled, “I’m going to let my spear do that for me.”

“Knock it off,” said his friend, “just go get Lock. Tell ‘im to get someone else to watch over his new trophy. Or at least let us eat at our posts.”

After staring intensely at Silver for a moment, the dark dragon turned and made his way to the campfire.

Silver watched him walk over and tap a skinny green dragon, whom she assumed was Lock, on the shoulder and point to her cage. The sickly bandit and Silver locked eyes for a moment. He flashed a sinister smile before proceeding to stand up.

The black scaled guard who’d gone to fetch him walked back to the cage ahead of Lock, his breaths sounding unusually heavy as though he’d run a marathon.

The blue dragon looked puzzled at his companion. “Truly? That short walk tucker you out already?”  

“No it’s just-” the black dragon started before being interrupted by his superior.

“Well, well, well, look who’s finally awake,” Lock said as he approached the cage, holding a flagon of ale in one talon. “Perhaps the most important jewel in our collection of treasure.”

“And you must be Lock,” Silver said matter-of-factly, “the coward who thinks preying on a dragoness and a hatchling is fair.”

“Don’t you act so innocent,” Lock retorted before drinking from his flagon. Disgustingly enough, quite a bit of the ale seemed to dribble out of the corners of his maw while he drank. “I knows you twos are thieves. Ain’t foolin’ nobody, I’m afraid, so best save your lies for some bleedin’ heart who’s willing to listen.”

Silver opened her mouth to say something, but hesitated. Instead she replied with, “fair enough...so what do you want with me?”

“You know,” Lock said, “a nice fat payment from your parents for you to return home in one piece.”

Silver winced a little. Such a scenario was highly unlikely, even if he managed to contact her mother and father. They’d likely decide that freeing her would be a bit too expensive, and more trouble than it was worth since it required them to deal with bandits.

Fearing the answer, the ice dragoness inquired, “and...if they do not pay?”

Raising an eye, Lock smiled even broader than before. “Aaah, you’d like to know wouldn’t you? Let’s just say, you’d better hope your parents are willin’ to cooperate.”
Chrocey
Chrocey

Back to top Go down

'Til the Silver Moon Rises [Closed] - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Til the Silver Moon Rises [Closed]

Post by Athena Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:13 pm

Desperation began to take hold of her. Shula knew she didn't have much time before something horrible happened to her friend. She knew that. These dragons, no, these newts that called themselves dragons, were nothing more then scum like the dirt beneath her feet. They wouldn't hesitate to put a claw on Silver if she tried anything.

Shula flattened herself onto the branch, tucking her wings into her sides as one male stumbled a little too close to her tree. He didn't look up, not noticing she was there. She returned her attention to the camp. Several crudely crafted tents were scattered in no particular order. Nothing explosive.

"Ow!" A Yelp made her head snap around and her eyes widened to see Silver. She glimpsed blood on one of her talons. She saw one of them raise his spear and was about to scream 'no' when the other one ordered him to lay down his weapon. She relaxed, but then she stiffened again as the one who got 'poked' went to grab Lock, the male that was responsible for their capture. Looking as smug as ever, he twisted around and approached her caged friend.

As they talked, Shula leaped from one tree to the other, slowly approaching the left side of the camp. Now diagonally facing Silver, she could see one of the tents held.. What was that? Gunpowder! Shula grinned and glanced at the prison. I'm coming for you, Silver! Her little heart was beating, the adrenaline already pumping, her body telling her to run, but her heart told her to stay.

So she did.

She turned and snapped off a tiny branch from the trunk, creating a small 'cracking' sound that may or may not go unnoticed. Then again, she thought as she twisted back around. You're going to be noticed anyway. As she crawled towards the end of the brand, she realised: I'm too high.

The branch cracked, snapped, and she fell with a Yelp, crashing through the leaves, which softened her fall, to the ground, where she landed with a thud and an 'oof.' Groaning, she rolled onto her stomach, panting, and froze. Uh oh. She knew all eyes were on her, and the stick was gone.

Run! She leaped to her feet and broke into a run. She wasn't very fast, but fear, terror, lended her speed. Her little legs moved like a blur as she shot towards the fire, dodging snapping jaws and feet. Run, run, run, run! Run like you've never run before! Spreading her wings, Shula shut her eyes as she leaped through the fire. Her scales were unharmed, but the end of her tail caught fire.

Taking a deep breath, Shula leaped over a muzzle that was heading straight for her, kicking off it and receiving a curse as she sailed through the air. She landed next to the gunpowder tent and swiped her tail towards one of them, hoping it would catch slight.

Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:36 pm

Silver clasped her talons around the metal bars of her cage. “This is absurd. I demand to be released this instant, otherwise you will suffer painful consequences.”

“Don’t think that’s gonna happen, sweetheart,” Lock said with a chuckle, “maybe your looks and your sneaking about got you a nice sum of treasure, but unfortunately it’s not gettin’ you out of here.”

The weasley green dragon took another swig from his flagon and wiped his maw before continuing. “You might be good, but I’m better. That’s all there is to it.”

Silver gritted her teeth as she listened to him ramble. She wanted him so desperately to start moving closer to the cage so that she could scratch him. Unfortunately, he always seemed to keep his distance.

“I’m thinkin’ of havin’ the boys move your cage into my tent.” Silver swore she could feel his disgusting eyes looking her over, making it hard not to jump away from the front of the cage. “That way I can keep an eye on you myself.”

Lock started to move closer, and Silver could feel her heart racing. It was possible that her moment was fast at hand. If he got just a little bit closer…

Suddenly, the dark dragon that was guarding her started to gag. He looked as though he were choking on something. As if his soul were being torn from his very body, his spear fell to the ground, and so did he.

Lock took a step back and looked at the guard who was now struggling on the ground. “What’s your problem? Did you bite into some spoiled meat?”

The blue dragon that was also guarding Silver stared at his collapsed friend, before his expression turned to shock and horror. A cold realization struck him, and his eyes turned toward Silver. “W-Wait a minute. P-Poison! I’ve seen it before. He got poisoned when she scratched him! Her talons are dipped in--”

“Get her!” shouted a dragon near the central fire. When Lock and Silver looked towards the inner camp, they saw that it had erupted into a flurry of bandits who were all trying to catch something. It was hard to see exactly what it was beyond the flurry of large bodies and wings. “She went left! No, she’s going that way!”

Lock looked on fearfully for a moment and took a few steps backwards. “What the hell is going on here?!”

“Wait! Don’t!” shouted the blue guard as he reached out to stop his superior from getting any closer to Silver’s cage. It was too late for him, however.

Silver reached out and dug both of her talons into his back, much harder and deeper than she did with the black scaled guard. Some of his blood had even managed to get on her face, but the adrenaline in her veins was far too strong for her to care. She wanted him dead, immediately.

“Aaagh!” Lock pulled himself away from Silver’s cage and turned around to face her. “You’re dead, you hear me?! You just signed your death warrant! When my men are done with you we will mount your head onto our wall as a trophy!”

Just as the now injured, and for that matter poisoned, green dragon turned around to call for his men, he saw perhaps the last thing he would ever see. A small hatchling with her tail ablaze, waving it towards a barrel full of black powder.  

It started with a pop, but soon, the ground shook from the power and force behind the explosion. Silver could feel it in her chest and stomach. To her dismay, she’d not seen Shula attempting to light the flash powder until a few seconds before she succeeded. It illuminated the whole area with a light that burned into almost every bandit’s retinas...the ice dragoness included.

Silver fell backwards, holding her talons over her eyes and hissing angrily. She blinked rapidly in an attempt to regain her vision. She needed to see, she needed to get a key from Lock and get out of her cage now. There was no time to wait for her vision to return.

Such an effort would prove futile, as she aimlessly tried to find the front of her cage.

From what she could hear, though, it sounded like Lock and her one other guard where suffering the same way at the moment. Their groans and curses were indicative of that. Following the sounds of their voice, she was able to find the entrance to her cave before desperately reaching her talon through the bars and trying to grab for Lock and his key.

(Shula is officially a certified badass.)
Chrocey
Chrocey

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:23 am

(Aw, thanks ^_^ I'm glad you think so! I'm trying not to make her OP lol)

The shouts and shrieks and curses were very frightening, yet.. Exciting? No, what was that big, big word Atlas always used?

Exhilarating.

Shula turned away from the tent and leaped away as it detonated behind her. Shut her eyes as white flashed in front of her eyelids, loud hisses and groans filling her ears as she moved in the general direction of Silver's cage.

When the light faded, she opened them to see she was drifting to the left and skidded around, redirecting her course. Her eyes widened when she saw Silver, teeth gritted as she let out a snake-like hiss, talons clamped over her eyes. For a moment, she slowed, guilt weighing her down, but then she sped up again. She'll be okay.. She'll be okay!

She slammed her behind into the earth and gazed at her friend through the bars. "Silver, it's me! I'm gonna get you out of here! Just don't panic!" she glanced around at the nearby dragons for the key. Where is it?! She herself was starting to panic, knowing she only had a few more seconds before the effects faded.

There! Twisting around, she ran up to Lock and leaped. Her talons slipped on the end of the key and she growled. He took a step back and almost trampled her, but she tried again, pushing off the earth and snatching the key with her teeth. She hung for a moment, before she fell again.

Turning, she sprinted back to Silver and shoved the key into the lock, eagerly turning it. Click! The metal squealed as she pulled it open, breathing heavily. She knew the effects would be beginning to wear off as she tugged on Silver. ""Silver, fly! I'll direct you! Hurry!" she was afraid, now, very afraid, hearing angry growls behind her as the bandits began to register what had happened, and who the culprit was.

If they were caught, would they kill her? Probably. Stick her head on a wall? Cut off her tail and use it as a necklace? Shula didn't want to wait around to find out.

Last edited by Athena on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:48 am

(Not at all! I think she's a very well-balanced character.)

It had been some time since Silver had held onto hope so strongly. She was never a gambler, but right now she needed as much luck as possible if she were to reach Lock and grab his key. If the ice dragoness had been religious, she would have prayed to however many gods she needed to to guide her talon towards her escape.

As though answering her desperation, Silver heard a voice shouting at her. It was such a stark contrast to the bandit voices, that she knew right away it wasn’t one of them.

“Silver! It’s me! I’m gonna get you out of here! Just don’t panic!”

The words, along with the pitch of her voice, narrowed down her list of possible saviors to one dragon. A hatchling that she didn’t expect would come back for her. Shula.

Silver was speechless. She retracted her talon and focused on trying to see her beautiful saving grace.

The IceWing was just starting to see movement beyond the white of her vision, but she still couldn’t quite make out what was happening around her.

After what sounded like a moment of struggle, Silver heard the clicking of her cage door unlocking. Such a sound was perhaps better than the most renowned music she’d ever heard.

“Silver, fly! I’ll direct you! Hurry!”

Silver felt a pair of small warm talons tugging on her, trying to get her to move. Having no desire to stay in this place any longer than necessary, Silver abided by the hatchling’s demands and proceeded to spread her icy blue wings and take to the sky swiftly.  

“Oh my sweet little fire bird,” Silver remarked as she flew upward, holding onto Shula’s talon for guidance, “I owe you my life.”

The bandit shouts were already starting to sound distant, but Silver was sure they would attempt to pursue. With any luck, the two dragonesses would be out of their line-of-sight by that time.
Chrocey
Chrocey

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Shula leaped up onto Silver's back as she spread her wings, listening to the wind whooshing as they extended from her sides. Scrambling up her shoulder, she sat on the base of her neck, which arched as Silver flapped her wings and took to the air. She herself couldn't fly, but she was used to being up in the air, so she didn't panic. Hitching rides in lots of satchels would do that to you.

At Silver's words, Shula would stiffen with shock. I owe you my life.. Such a sentence suddenly put, for a moment, a weight on her chest that stole her breath from her. For a moment, the hatchling was silent, but then, she'd smile. "It was nothing," she shrugged. "Don't worry about it!" Using her talon, she kept tugging upwards, gesturing for her to climb. Once they were sufficiently high, she spoke.

"Okay, you can fly straight now." She glanced around. "There's the mountains!" Leaning over so she could see the ground, she gingerly pulled Silver's talon in the direction of the snow-capped peaks.

The wind in her face was a sensation she had always adored. Glancing behind her, Shula searched for any pursuing bandits for a moment before she appreciated the wind. Closing her eyes for a moment, she sighed, resting her head on Silver's shoulder.

"That was cool." She grinned for a moment. Then, it faded as a somewhat-grim expression replaced the joyful one. "Are adventurers supposed to be scared? Because.. I was. I was very scared." The hatchling suddenly felt guilty, ashamed. Adventures weren't supposed to be scared. They had to be brave to save their friends. In the stories, they were fearless warriors who were courageous beyond all odds, she hadn't been brave. She'd been scared.

Shula let out a sigh, watching as the slumbering mountains approached. "I'm tired."
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:47 pm

Even after the long journey that she’d traveled to get to the Aeria Mountains, Silver still felt unnatural when she flew. When she could, she preferred to stay on the ground, or even better, travel via luxury transportation. Carts with pillows were usually her favorite.

Today, though, she was flying. If that wasn’t weird enough for her, she was flying whilst a hatchling clung to her back. The added weight was a little odd, but most of the discomfort came from how warm the youngling’s scales felt—most likely due to the fact the Silver was actually very cold to the touch.

She didn’t care much about the uncomfortable conditions, however. All that she cared about was the fact that she was no longer in the bandit camp.

“It was nothing,” Shula responded, “don’t worry about it!”

Oh but she would. Silver had found someone truly loyal to her, who would risk life and limb to ensure she was okay. Such a dragon deserved a lot more than the usual repertoire of lies and deceit that the ice dragon dealt to most. She deserved truth and trust...which was a lot to Silver.

“Okay, you can fly straight now,” Shula informed. After a brief pause she exclaimed, “there’s the mountains!”

Slowly but surely Silver’s vision had returned to her. She could see where she was going now, but kept her talon with Shula regardless.

The mountain they were now flying towards was where the white-scaled dragoness now lived. A cave that was safely tucked away, perhaps the ideal spot for the time being.

“That was cool,” Shula said with comfort while she rested her warm head on Silver’s shoulder. After another moment of silence, the hatchling continued, “are adventurers supposed to be scared? Because...I was. I was scared.”

Looking over her shoulder at the dragonet, Silver offered a small smile. “Adventurers feel fear on a regular basis,” she replied, “that is perhaps what motivates some of them to keep going. For example, the reason you were able to follow those bandits so stealthily was probably because you were afraid of being caught. Or the reason you came to my aid was because maybe you feared what they were going to do with me.”

Looking forward once again, Silver’s smile faded. “You just have to remember, as scared as you are, that just means you have to be that much scarier to everything else.” A few thoughts shot through the ice dragoness’ mind at that point, memories of when she lived in the Etcan Mountains.

One memory in particular stood out, when she was being harassed by another dragoness who kept insulting the jewelry she wore. Demeaning her in front of others. It was perhaps the first time Silver had realized the power behind becoming feared, especially after she carefully architected that dragoness’ demise. Afterwards, she went after anyone who had laughed at her attire. Dragon by dragon, she either killed, maimed, or ruined their lives.

It was a harsh way to react to remarks that were better off ignored...but Silver didn’t care. She always got what she wanted, and her skewed view of justice was no exception.

Shula’s voice snapped her out of her train of thought. “I’m tired,” she said.

“I have no doubt about that.” Silver slowly started to descend as they got closer and closer to the mountains. “When we first met, you told me that you were looking for food. Unless you stopped for a meal while I was asleep, I do not think you have eaten for some time.” Her eyes scanned the ground beneath them, looking for familiar landmarks, and her cave. “Once we land, we should rest and eat. Regain our energy for the flight to the Stormcallers.”  

With a small bit of joy, Silver spotted her cave a short ways in the distance. She stopped flapping her wings and went into a glide. The ground rose up to meet them before too long, and she landed with practiced grace, barely making a sound.

“It is unfortunate that we lost our treasure. I may have to come up with a plan to get it back...but that is for another time,” Silver waved her talon dismissively. “Let us go inside.”

The ice dragoness walked toward her cave. The entrance was wide enough for about seven dragons to enter side by side, and tall enough that she didn’t feel too claustrophobic.

Inside was perhaps not what one would expect from a cave. Pillows and blankets were sprawled all across various locations of her abode. Large cushions were gathered in the center, making an ample sleeping spot for even a dragon that was twice Silver’s size. Torches lined the wall, keeping everything well-lit and comfortably ambient.

All across the floor, one would see random scatterings of gold and silver coins. Against the walls of the cave, there were piles of gems stacked about as high as Shula herself. They were organized meticulously. Sapphires were gathered with sapphires, rubies with rubies, even diamonds with other diamonds.

This place screamed luxury, a clear window into Silver’s personality and lifestyle.
Chrocey
Chrocey

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:40 am

Flying had never felt so good. Especially considering the circumstances they had just been under. For a moment, Shula wondered why she'd done it. She knew it'd been dangerous, her hatchling mind unable to realise that she'd put her life in danger, and probably foolish. So why'd you do it? Asked a tiny voice, whispering into the inside of her ear with such curiosity Shula had to find the answer.

She looked at Silver, peering at the back of her head for a moment. Was it the fact that Silver shared the same interests as her? Was it just the fact she found her intriguing, mysterious, and otherworldly beautiful? No. It was.. Hm. Was it affection? Almost immediately, something clicked.

Yes. Shula had formed a connection with Silver the moment she realised they both liked to 'borrow' things. Was it now a friendship? She hoped so. She really liked Silver. She was fun and exciting. Maybe we can go on more adventures.. To places far away! Steal foreign treasures and sneak through dusty caves guarded by monsters to find their trinkets!

"Adventurers feel fear on a regular basis,” Silver replied, “that is perhaps what motivates some of them to keep going. For example, the reason you were able to follow those bandits so stealthily was probably because you were afraid of being caught. Or the reason you came to my aid was because maybe you feared what they were going to do with me.” For a while, Shula contemplated her words.

"Yeah.. You're right." She blinked as she suddenly became a bit upset. "I thought they were going to do the most horrible of things to you.. Had I been big and strong I

Silver's scales felt cool to the touch, and where Shula's talons were pressing into her back a sort of mist was evaporating from the contact. Uh oh. She slowly lifted a back leg and realised faint marks were starting to appear. She'll kill me!

"Uh.. Silver?" she gulped. "Please don't be mad.. Please? But I think I'm too warm for your back.. I've made little patches on your scales. I'm very sorry!" She felt terrible. However, when she left that spot along for a bit, she found the marks quickly faded from Silver's natural temperature. Her own paws were turning pale. I need to learn to fly when I'm older.

“You just have to remember, as scared as you are, that just means you have to be that much scarier to everything else." Shula tilted her head for a moment, then nodded in agreement, making a 'hm,' sound.

Silver sympathised with her exhaustion, and even mentioned eating. At the thought of food, Shula would hum with longing. She nodded eagerly as they descended in a graceful glide towards the cave. Even from here, Shula could see the torches, the quickly darkening sky making the place gleam like fire.

As Silver walked towards it, she mentioned the treasure, a subject that made Shula's tail twitch. "It was our stuff to begin with! We went to the trouble of stealing it, so why should they reap the.. Reap the.. Rewards?" she said in a tone of anger, struggling for a moment remembering the word 'rewards.'

Oh gods, the cave was huge. It was like a king's palace! Pillows were scattered across the floor, torches lining the walls. Shula appreciated the feeling of sitting on Silver's back for a moment longer, before she hopped down onto the ground with a soft 'thud.'

Coins of different colours collected on the ground, a sight that made the magpie within stir. She gazed at the walls, looking at her reflection in the tall groups of sapphires and gems gathered in the rock. "Wow.." she whispered, glancing around herself. "This is a place where a princess could live."

Letting out a childish giggle, Shula leaped into one of the blankets, drawing some of the pillows to her so she could cuddle them. She grinned between the thin gap of two pillows at Silver, now completely concealed save for the tip of her snout, which poked out like a sore thumb against the soft colours of the pillows. "They're so cozy!" she exclaimed, hugging them fiercely.

After a moment or two, Shula would relax, curling up under her safe cocoon of fabric, and close her eyes. Just like that, she was out like a light, her soft snores the most obvious indication of that.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:17 am

Silver, once again, couldn’t fight back the smile at being compared to a princess. Such a compliment always seemed to appease her, as it was one of her deepest desires. She had plenty of wealth, but the power of royalty always seemed to be just out of her grasp.

Just as she turned to Shula to point out where the food was, she noticed that the hatchling had already buried herself up to her snout in pillows. A sweetly predictable gesture of a dragonet that’d had a long day.

Silver pined to rest as well, but decided against it when she realized just how dirty she’d gotten from the camp. She’d be remiss if she dirtied her home with blood and mud.

The ice dragoness whisked over toward a large tub that she kept off to the side. It was constantly overflowing with water from a stream that ran out of the wall. The water was especially cold, which made Silver eager to climb inside.

As the water overflowed, it followed a slant in her cave that led back outside. Where it went after that, the white dragoness did not care.

Silver removed her jewelry and set it off to the side. Then, with a bit of trepidation, she eased herself into the cool bath. After letting her body grow accustomed to the temperature, she proceeded to wash her scales free of the day. All the while she hummed the same song she heard the bandits singing.

After making her scales as pristine as she wanted, and ensuring the marks that Shula had left had faded away, Silver walked over toward a pile of pillows closest to the one Shula had collapsed into. By the sound of her snoring, the young one had fallen fast asleep.

While Silver wanted to sleep as well, she couldn’t. So instead she busied herself by dragging a large chest in front of her resting spot, and proceeding to lay out various combinations of jewelry she’d planned to wear for the next few days.

Going to the Stormcallers sounded very interesting indeed. Perhaps once Shula was awake, she could inquire about what gems were seen as the most beautiful in that tribe. First impressions would be critical if she wanted to befriend others.

For now, though, she simply organized and hummed. A usual past time for her during the moments of restlessness. Every so often she’d steal a glance at her guest just to ensure she was okay.

Silver hadn’t enjoyed another’s company for quite some time. Shula was indeed a rare gem that she was very happy to have stumbled upon. The thought of going on even more adventures with her sounded...ideal. The two of them stealing and scheming their way to untold riches. This would be a far better life than what she grew up with in the Etcan Mountains.

“Sleep well, little fire bird,” Silver murmured, “you have a grand life ahead of you. I will see to it.”

(I think this would be a good cut-off point for this thread if that’s fine with you :3 perhaps we could start another one with either their travel or arrival to the land of the Stormcallers? Or we could stop it here and do an RP another time if you wish.)
Chrocey
Chrocey

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:22 am

(Sure thing! And yes, let's do the Stormcaller thread!

Since you're after posting, do you want me to start the new topic?)
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:11 pm

(Sure! Go right ahead.)
Chrocey
Chrocey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next