» SHIPS [Official~]
by Athena Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:47 am

» A casual meeting [Private - Oculus / Ask before joining]
by Azriel Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:37 pm

» Midnight - Echo of the Night
by Oculus Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:34 pm

» Growling Thunder -Open!-
by Caramina Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 pm

» A Bear Walks Into a Tavern... (Open to all)
by Chrocey Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:08 pm

» The Drift of Light (Neru and Fel)
by Neru Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 am

» Lamina, Wielder of Wind And Ice
by Atlas Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:54 am

» Bond of Power (Private with Athena)
by Athena Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:36 am

» Dirge, the Ruthless Fighter
by Artemise Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:43 am

» RP with Sleet
by Chrocey Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:12 pm

» Haven of Nightmares
by Oculus Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Top posting users this month
Chrocey

Athena

Oculus

Scortia

Caramina

Ayato

Neru

Haven

Sonus Decessus

Hyruu

Staff Online
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 108 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:04 am

The Hunt (Private with Ayato)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hunt (Private with Ayato)

Post by Chrocey on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 pm

“By Fae’ela, I swear you will not elude me this time,” Dirge murmured as she crouched down low, trying to blend in as best she could with the sand. She’d been tracking this camel for quite a while, hoping that it would at some point meet with its brethren. So far, it seemed to be aimlessly wandering from place to place without any sort of real direction.

The stupid camel didn’t even look like it was trying to find a herd! Part of the dragoness wondered if it was brain-dead from being in the sun for too long. Or perhaps it was somewhat of a loser amongst its kind, and had been sentenced to living as an outcast. Regardless, its presence only served to make Dirge more and more furious. As though it were taunting her with its continued existence.

“You stupid...humpbacked...lumpy pile of fur,” the red dragoness remarked with self-contained anger. Her claws flexed outward as she so badly just wanted to kill this prey...but the logical side  of her knew that one camel was hardly worth the the effort. If she could find and catch a heard, she would have gathered enough food to meet her quota for the day.

She hated logic, and how it constantly contradicted with what she wanted to do.

The camel lifted its head and looked off in the distance as though it heard something. Dirge’s ears perked, and her eyes lightened a little at the thought that it may have found more of its kind. In the mammal’s painfully slow fashion, it began lumbering off towards a sand dune.

The dragoness stalked behind him slowly, her tail lashing a bit in anticipation for the bountiful feast she was expecting.
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hunt (Private with Ayato)

Post by Ayato on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:01 pm

If you asked why go to all the trouble of hunting and preparing your own food when you could just buy one of the meats strung up for sale, Ayato would stare at you and ask if you were a particularly lazy dragon, and walk off without waiting for a response.

He had many reasons for not taking the easier path, one of which was that he didn't quite like eating food touched by strangers. Of course, even the slightest of implications that he didn't trust other Ki'Shans could lead to complications, so if you pressed, he would say, simply, that hunting kept him fit.

So here he was, at the outskirts of Ki'Shan territory, where houses were few in number. It was known to most that prey tended to have paths that crossed into this area, and setting up homes here would just scare them away. The ground rose and fell in sweeping sand dunes, the occasional breeze forming little ripples on the sand. Being an unfortunate blue that stood out against the tan of the sand, he had to hide behind a sand dune, tucking his wings close in.

Today he was tracking down one lone camel that didn't seem to know where it was going. It was lumbering into another direction, then turned and headed into another - Ayato perked and stood, creeping out of his hole, but movement at the corner of his vision had him glancing sharply at the dragon who was also focusing on the same target. An Ugaan... whose name he didn't know, because they didn't train under him.

Sighing, he took a step back, letting him or her take the prey, though he remained watchful, assessing how they hunted.
Ayato

Tribe : Ki'Sha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:51 pm

The slight winds of the desert made Dirge’s eyes squint, stinging a little as a small bit of sand got kicked into them. Her mouth was salivating a little, but she managed to compose herself so she didn’t look like a drooling buffoon. One of the many things she had to monitor about herself as she inched closer and closer to the camel.

The dopey creature wandered over the sand dune, with Dirge keeping a reasonable distance behind it. Much to her dismay, however, it stopped.

It stood there for a few minutes, but it felt like twenty.

After staring at the horizon, it looked back towards the way it came...then began walking back that direction.

Dirge let out a roar so loud that the camel wasted no time in running away.

“Are you kidding me?!” she shouted, “you just walked over there, and now you’re walking back?! Do you even know how to be a camel? Because you’re doing it all wrong!”

In a matter of seconds, the enraged dragoness found herself upon the camel. Her large talons held it down, and she crushed its neck between her jaws, killing it instantly.

“This is so stupid! I’ve done this a million times, and I’ve never met a camel as dumb as you!” The dragoness barked at the already dead creature. She stared at it for a moment before letting out a sigh.

“Whatever,” she said, picking the camel up and throwing it over her shoulder. She’d likely take this one back, as shameful as that was. While it wouldn’t necessarily be the end of her reputation as an efficient hunter, dragons who came back with so little often got their fair share of ribbing. All she wanted to do was drop it off back at her camp and continue hunting before anybody noticed.
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm

The Ugaan moved quietly enough, disturbing the sand slightly as they stalked their prey, never catching the camel's notice. Either it was stupid or the Ugaan really was good at what they did. Watching closely, Ayato approved of the distance at which they stalked their prey, and moved on to scrunitise their posture, looking out for any unnecessary movements and observing if their tail was dragging along in the sand, if their wings were tucked in tight. Noting their level of concentration, whether they were distracted, eyes fixed on the target.

Any little bit of approval he felt, however, dried up when he saw their reaction to the camel's unexpected change in direction. The Ugaan begin throwing a little tantrum, her temper flaring up quickly and her emotions seizing hold of her maw. A furious roar, which was admittedly rather loud and could be intimidating, had the camel running for its life, followed by angry shouts (definitely female, he thought, and was briefly reminded of Athena) cursing the camel's behaviour. Ayato honestly didn't see why so much frustration would stem from this, but maybe he was missing out on something.

She moved fast, though, already upon the poor camel in the span of a few seconds, and it was dead by the next. Quick and efficient, though not very clean, blood staining the sand where the Ugaan's teeth pierced flesh. Its neck emitted a sad crushing sound as the Ugaan closed her jaws around it, its flailing body growing still and limp. She picked it up and began walking off, heading away from him.

Ayato stood and remarked, dryly, "That was a very good hunt. Which Aliugaan do you train under?"
Ayato

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:32 pm

At the very first word uttered by another dragon, Dirge froze where she stood. Her mind was immediately flooded with shock, anger, and embarrassment. Turning to face the one who had startled her, she was glad to see that it was someone at least a little familiar.

She’d never really met Ayato in any official manner, but any Ugaan worth their salt made sure to study the Aliugaan (or in Dirge’s case, she listened to others read aloud). This was a rank that perhaps one day she would attain herself, and fight for the tribe more regularly than she had been. Such a title was a dream for her, so much so that she swore to herself every night that she would be in that position someday.

The fact that she recognized Ayato as another Ki’Shan, Dirge bowed respectfully to him as she did with all members of her tribe. Soon after his question, however, she presented him with a somewhat smug look. “I don’t need an Aliugaan. I’m just naturally gifted at this sort of thing...I get it from my mother’s side.”

The dragoness shifted uneasily, feeling a bit self-conscious about the single camel that was on her back. Part of her wished she’d just buried it in the sand, but alas, it was far too late for that.

“And what are you doing here?" she said in her naturally aggressive voice, “you hunting too? ‘Cause if you are, then I’ll have to warn you that I haven’t been able to find a herd for hours.”
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:40 pm

It was as if invisible claws had coiled around the Ugaan's limbs, locking them into place. He could tell from the stiff set of her shoulders that it was likely that she was feeling embarrassed, having been caught with such a small haul, but she would see no judgment cross his expressionless face when she turned to face him, merely cool curiosity as to who she was, and what she would say to him.

He could tell from one look at her face that she was determined, ambitious, and likely to be aiming for Aliugaan like most other Ugaans he came across. Was it for the glory of such a high role, he wondered, or did she hold fighting capabilities, and genuinely wished to offer her assistance to the Ki'Sha? Ayato held back from telling her that it wasn't as easy as it sounded, though he was sure that she already knew that, and most certainly wouldn't appreciate him doing so.

She greeted him with the standard bow, no more, and after a few seconds offered a slight dip of his head. More of her personality was revealed in the next few seconds through her smug expression, her haughty words, uttered in a self-assured tone. He said bluntly, "Naturally gifted at hunting? I can give you that, considering that your kill isn't as sloppy as some, and better executed than most I've seen," and it was genuine, "but you're not the best at keeping your temper, are you?" His voice was edged with the slightest of sarcasm, but otherwise it was a casual question.

"Oh? That must be really aggravating. I'll just have to come another time, then," he said, and after a brief pause, asked, "What's your name?" He had to give it to her, though: Whether her claim about being naturally gifted was true, the potential was there.
Ayato

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Yesterday at 6:58 pm

Dirge held her head high as the Aliugaan paid her a compliment. She took pride in her hunting, and felt even more validated when others spoke highly of her skills. A broad smile graced her maw, and she felt a little less insecure about her small catch.

That smile faded, however, as Ayato brought up her short fuse.  She glared at him for a moment before practically growling out her next words. “What’s that supposed to mean? You tryin’ to say I’m easily upset? Because I’m not!” she fumed.

At his mentioning of possibly returning later, Dirge cooled down a little bit. She huffed indignantly and responded, “yeah, you should come back another time. Trying to hunt here would probably be a bit too advanced for you, even if you are an Aliugaan.” Her tail twitched a little, sweeping some of the sand behind her off to the side.

“And yeah, my name is Dirge,” she remarked arrogantly, “and I could very well be the Ugaan who takes your position as Aliugaan someday.” She flashed the male a challenging smirk, “and ensure our tribe never loses a battle.”

The dragoness’ eyes flicked up and down the Alugaan’s form, as if she were sizing up an opponent, before eventually returning her gaze to his blue eyes. He seemed to have good posture, and looked like he would be a bit difficult to best in a fight (even though Dirge felt confident she could beat him). She couldn’t deny that it was tempting to challenge him, right here and now. Seeing what abilities he possessed would be very interesting.

Nevertheless, she refrained from trying to do battle with someone who technically outranked her. On top of that she wanted to be in perfect shape before she fought anyone. All of the time she’d spent hunting today was making her feel slightly exhausted.

“What about you?” Dirge said, “I know what you are, but I never could memorize your name.”
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Yesterday at 9:18 pm

At the Ugaan's protest, irritation flashed in his eyes, but he said nothing, merely stared at her flatly. What she claimed was the very opposite of what was happening – hell, her temper was flaring up already. What was with Ugaans and their need to respond to everything with aggression?

Much to his relief, she calmed down afterwards, or at least appeared to, and his gaze shifted from annoyed to... Well, slightly less annoyed. "Aliugaans are selected for their hunting and combat skills," he informed her, "and not for magically making prey appear. So yes, you are right, and I'll take your advice." He took on a tone that was as dead and flat as his gaze, as if he were mindlessly reciting something from memory. It was out of sheer curiosity when he said the last sentence. How did she react to a higher-up taking advice from her?

"Dirge, huh," he echoed, tilting his head slightly as if in thought, and rummaged through the array of retorts that had sprung up and begged to be used. He settled for a cool "Aliugaans are hard to replace, though it's possible to join our ranks. Do your best and you might end up there someday." He shrugged. "Meanwhile, you might want to practice both your tongue and temper in check." Pure advice, no sarcasm.

Her gaze flicked up and down, scrunitising him. If she were arrogant enough to pick a fight now, Ayato would not hesitate to shove her back into her place and tell her to try harder next time. Though, it was kind of refreshing to be challenged once in a while, and approval glimmered in his eyes now in response to her challenging smirk. A hint of his own smirk.

"Ayato," he said. Then after a pause, he asked, "So your mother trains you?"
Ayato

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrocey Yesterday at 10:40 pm

“Yeah, yeah,” Dirge waved her talon almost dismissively as Ayato spoke about how Aliugaans were selected. It was in her nature to be a bit pushy when it came to certain things she already knew. Much to her disadvantage, this meant that she didn’t exactly make many friends. At least, no friends other than the ones she was likely not supposed to have outside of the Ki’Shan territory.

Ayato said he would take Dirge’s advice, and she squinted at him. As if trying to discern whether or not he was making fun of her. It wouldn’t have been the first time that she’d been teased by a superior.

Nevertheless, he seemed to be being honest.

This only made her ego skyrocket (as if she weren’t already confident enough in her own abilities). Instead of making her unbearable, however, she looked surprisingly uncomfortable.

“...huh...well, you’re...welcome?” In all honesty, she was a little flabbergasted. Normally when she spoke so rudely to others they responded with equal, if not more, aggression. He simply seemed genuine. As if everything he said served a purpose to support some sort of case that he was building.

The other dragon repeated her name. He then went on to say that Aliugaans were hard to replace, but perhaps she would join that rank someday. When he spoke about keeping her tongue and temper in check, she growled at him. Her tongue and temper were perfectly fine! How dare he say she needed some sort of attitude adjustment! If it wasn’t against their beliefs, she would have tried to flay him right here.

That fire in her eyes got extinguished quickly, though, when Ayato asked if her mother trains her. Dirge laughed a little and shook her head. “Nope! Never knew her. She was actually slain while I was still in my egg.” The dragoness looked up in thought, a pleased smile on her maw. “My dad would tell me all kinds of stories about her, though. Even how she went down in a blaze of glory for the Ki’Shan tribe!”

The dragoness opened her mouth to say more, but paused as she found her eyes locked onto the male’s once more. Her jawline stiffened and she swallowed her words. Nobody really cared about other’s pasts, why would this dragon be any different?

“...anyway, my parents are both gone. Such is how life goes in Nuira.” She tilted her head, “and you? Who trained you? Parents? A friend?...a blind squirrel?”
Chrocey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top