Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

"Arctic " Tribe Leader Application [Closed]

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Arctic " Tribe Leader Application [Closed] Empty "Arctic " Tribe Leader Application [Closed]

Post by Oculus Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:58 am

Hello members of DH!  The "Arctic" tribe is availalble for complete customization!  This tribe isn't located in the northern parts of Layrian, and live in much colder temperatures than most.  The history, ranks, governing style, and culture are all undefined, allowing for this new leader to customize their tribe as ey please!  So don't be afraid, feel free to apply for leader following the format below.  Leader will be chosen on October 29!  Good luck, and happy role playing!

Name: (Your draconiforme's name)
Activity: (How active are you?)
Why should you be chosen: (Explain why you should be chosen.  Give reasons and detail)
How you will keep tribe active: (How will you keep tribe active, vein if other tribe members don't post?)
Willing to write tribal lore? (Yes/No/Maybe/Idk)

Code:

[font=Times New Roman][size=19][b]Name: [/b][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=19][b]Activity: [/b][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=19][b]Why should you be chosen: [/b][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=19][b]How you will keep tribe active: [/b][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=19][b]Willing to write tribal lore? [/b][/size][/font]

Last edited by Oculus on Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

"Arctic " Tribe Leader Application [Closed] Empty Re: "Arctic " Tribe Leader Application [Closed]

Post by Yazhi Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:26 pm

Name: Kyanite
Activity: Almost everyday. Absent if I'm away or busy with stuff/homework (Etc. this term(4) is yearly assessment)
Why should you be chosen:
Because no one would delicate their love for wintry/icy things besides never saw snow in real life more than me! Also, since I have never experienced in being a leader before, I would like to have a chance this site and see how well I can manage and keep up with the tribe's activity while keeping it fun for residents of the Arctic Tribe. Plus I want to be creative with the tribe lore, ranks and culture, if that'll be allowed. Well, technically it is allowed but the theme I am thinking of for the tribe will involve animals, exploring the world for a specific task and maybe even a deity (Well, not exactly one if god/goddess aren't allowed here) that some dragon *coughs* created and made others praise it like if it's the one who founded their tribe. But for a long while, I always had a feeling that my ideas that I may incorporate into the tribe lore may be disapproved by staff so let's see how far I can go for a dragon tribal site. ^3^
How you will keep tribe active:
I will put up some events if I was chosen to be leader. There will be events like plot related, festivals and probably contests. And if the users don't post? That's fine, they can take their time to post something as I'm usually a bit lazy and recently more quiet than months ago. But once in a while, I'll have to remind/enourage them to post on one of my/or other's topic. They can miss out if they don't no matter the activity. *shrugs*
Willing to write tribal lore? Yes, I have some ideas in mind and that depends on the location since I don't have a clear idea on
Yazhi
Yazhi

Back to top Go down

"Arctic " Tribe Leader Application [Closed] Empty Re: "Arctic " Tribe Leader Application [Closed]

Post by Oculus Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:53 pm

Just FYI, Position will be chosen October 29!
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:31 pm

After much debate, it was a very very close call. By a slim margin, the new ARctic leader is Kyanitei. Congrats! Feel free to make this tribe yours! new names, new history, new ranks, everything! Feel free to ask me if you got questions!
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:07 am

Kyanite is leaving, so the position is open again. Name and tribe info may all be changed by whoever is chosen.
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:48 am

Name: Artemise
Activity: Since it's the holidays, I'm pretty active, and I'm online daily. When school starts, however, I'll be on less; I'm expecting a busy year, but I'll still spare some time to check on DH (because I don't want to miss out on anything interesting), unless I'm really too busy to do so. I won't vanish without notice, though, so don't worry about having to decide whether to choose a new leader or not.
OOC: Like Kyanite, I have never been a Tribe leader in any roleplaying sites so far, and I want to use this opportunity to try out this position, which might make me more responsible irl, and besides, Artemise is the only Kaamil Tribe member currently, so... xD Plus, I do have some event ideas for the tribe in mind. If I'm allowed to, I'll re-post the Tribe info. It'll be the exact same as Kyanite's with the exceptions of a few additions because in all honesty, I'm too lazy to rewrite it and besides, Kyanite probably spent a lot of time on it and I don't want to delete off what someone put in time and effort to write.

IC: Artemise might be stubborn and rash in her decisions, but being given such a high rank, with which comes a lot of responsibilities, can help her develop her character and make her a better, more fun dragon to roleplay/interact with. Besides, she's also the loud type who isn't afraid to speak up and voice out her opinions, and public speaking doesn't bother her that much, so having to interact more with others shouldn't bother her too much. Being leader sldo might make her less stubborn and impulsive over time, and personally I think she won't be a bad leader. She'll make mistakes but that's to be expected. After all, no one is perfect xD
How you will keep tribe active: Besides trying to be active myself, which might encourage other Tribe members (in the future) to be active as well, I'd also create some topics, some of them random and some of them with a purpose, and they can range from casual interaction to a meeting of some sort. This will hopefully encourage members to use their Kaamil Tribe characters. There would also be ceremonies and fun parties, which would hopefully encourage Tribe members to move their lazy butts and participate in them. If they don't post, though, I'd scream at them TO PARTICIPATE, DARN IT casually nudge them towards the topic with a gentle reminder. Inactive Tribe members will be demoted to the most basic of ranks, unless they've informed me why they are inactive.

I'd also take advantage of the Tribe members' ranks. Let's say that Artemise has royal guards A and B; I'd create an open topic where Artemise, who's accompanied by said royal guards, explores and interacts with other dragons. This would give them a good opportunity to use their characters and try out their rank as Royal Guards. If they don't post, though, they'll be gently reminded to please post, but if they still don't do so I'd demote them to the basic rank, unless they have a valid reason (irl family issues, busy, etc) which they've informed me of.
Willing to write tribal lore? I do have something in mind for the Tribal Lore, but it’s not fully developed yet. Sorry if it’s kinda like an IC RP!! >.<

Anyway, the Tribe would be created by this one dragon, who went by the name of Gilbert.

Because the story is kinda long...:

Yeah, something like that. Again, I apologise if the story is too long, or it sounds too much like a history rather than lore. >.<;

Last edited by Artemise on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:31 am; edited 12 times in total
Artemise
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:35 pm

Sorry guys! Was away for a bit on vacation. Last chance to apply! Will make decision sometimes tomorrow!
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Feluxious Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:27 am

Name: Tezz (Aged up old character, will write an app later)
Activity: On daily and often.
As an active member with no other real duties or obligations to speak of, I'll be able to devote myself to keeping the tribe active and fun for everyone involved. I already have plenty of ideas for the clan as well, which I can demonstrate here. Additionally, I have experience with running role playing games of all types, from tabletop groups to LARP weekends. This, combined with work experience in dealing with public relations, translates favorably to a leadership position on a roleplay site such as this, as I can create a fun and appealing experience for everyone.
How you will keep tribe active:
Aside from nagging convincing people to create characters in the tribe, I have ideas for various events for the tribe. Keeping tribal topics up and active is a great way to attract people to the faction, as well as keep them there.
There would also be activity incentives within the tribe's rank system. The higher ranks would be reserved to the active members, with a lore reasoning to back it up. Everyone wants their character to be cool, so they'll want to be active to keep that cool part. It's very simple positive reinforcement.
Willing to write tribal lore?
Yes! I already have an idea for this drafted out. The tribe would be herding nomads. Founded by a group of draconiforms who have learned to raise prey for sustenance, the tribe travels from place to place during the harsher months to gather food. Then during the kinder months, the tribe resides in the summer capital, their only settlement, where they celebrate abundance and life. (A great event topic!) Within this society, the social elite would be the herders. Only the most adept and trusted with the animals, as they are the lifeblood of the tribe. They are respected by all, and if one asks for a task done the task gets done posthaste. There is a check to these herders in case they are deemed to be corrupt, in the form of a leader. Most decisions in the tribe are decided by consensus, but the leader's words can easily sway the tribe. Usually the leader's voice is one with the tribe. The leader is the only one who may demote a herder for corrupt actions.

Magic is common in this tribe, due to the founding group. Many use magic simply to survive day to day in the frozen wastes, others to locate food. To have a draconiform without any magical capacity is rare indeed. Tribe members all learn a simple ice sigil spell, a calling card of the clan. When prefacing a statement with this sigil, it will melt upon telling a lie. It is rarely used in the tribe due to a strong level of trust, but may be used in cases of disputes. To challenge one for a sigiled statement is considered a great challenge to their authority, and widely held as an insult if not proven needed. To offer a sigiled statement is an action which conveys grave importance, a matter that is not to be joked about or avoided.
As their territory is not contested by other tribes, they have no military to speak of. The hunters and herders of the tribe serve as a defense against any predators.
I can certainly write more if chosen, this is just what comes off the top of my head!

Feluxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Whispering Soul Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:45 am

Name: Erisdar (Character I haven't made yet but will make now)
Activity: I like to make sure I go on the site everyday, so I don't miss anything important. Even when I have school. I will try my best to not disappear for long periods of time, and i'll try to make sure I say before I leave for a while if I have to.
Why should you be chosen: I've never had huge important positions like this before, so I'd like a chance to try it out and see if I can keep it active. I feel it would be a great learning experience for any future positions I may hold in roleplaying sites. I would also freshen up some of the lore, maybe add a few positions to make the tribe more lively, but I do plan on rewriting it BUT I would keep lots of the prewritten lore. Kyanite worked hard on it and I wouldn't want to waste all that hard work she did.Plus, I don't think I would be a bad leader, or at least not a horrible one.
How you will keep tribe active: I'd try to make sure to keep the tribe members active by making fun role-plays, or exciting ones full of important tribe lore that may change the tribe. To keep important ranked role-players active, I would require the role player to come on the site at least three to four times a week, depending on the rank. If the tribe members where inactive for a while(Especially the high ranked ones), I would PM them each asking why they haven't be active, as it is my job to keep the tribe active. If they have good reasons to be inactive I would be fine with it, if they simply forgot to come on I would ask them to try and be more active and give them another chance. If they aren't active however, they would be demoted to a lower rank unless I get a good reason for why they were away for such a long time and couldn't post.

I would also require high ranks to have a good reason for wanting to be a high rank in their characters history.

Willing to write tribal lore? Yes I would. I have some great ideas already, However I would implement Kyanites lore in the one I have planned, to make sure all her hard work isn't wasted. I have a few Ideas that would fit the tribe already. "Strong in magic and knowledge, the Kaamill live in giant ice palaces formed by nature, filled with libraries as old as the sky. They live peacefully, for conflict is rare in their lands, focusing more on technology and ancient magics..."This is just a part of the lore I have planned, for I don't want to spoil too much yet. *Sneak peak into the lore*
"..the interior so cold vapor came from the travelers breaths, one spoke in a quiet voice, astonished by the natural beauty.'Who made all this?' A dragon walking down a lone spiraled staircase answered them.'I did. For I am Uriel, carver of the Ice Palace.' The travelers looked up at the dragon, realizing their journey was at an end, they had found the place to live, a place of peace where they could finally rest. The Ice Palace of Uriel."

Last edited by Whispering Soul on Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Whispering Soul
Whispering Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:05 am

Name: SONUS
Activity: EXTREME
Why should you be chosen: Because I'm flippin' awesome
How you will keep tribe active: If they were not I'd turn them to ash.
Willing to write tribal lore? PFT HELLS YESS

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:36 pm

The leader for the Arctic tribe isSONUS!!! being deliberated with Zolt and myself. You guys make choosing hard ;-;
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:46 am

'Because I'm flippin' awesome'

Sonus would probably burn the whole ice castle down tho
Artemise
Artemise

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:37 pm

This was a really tough choice, and it couldn't be easily chosen. Each of the three of you have great ideas and potential, and cool lore too. It was hard to make a choice, so the person who is chosen, I hope you include these other nominees as part of the tribe, helping to grow it and possibly merge ideas. In the end, it was extremely hard to make a choice. After much deliberation, we decided to let Whisper go lead the arctic tribe. I do hope you include both Artemise and Tezz in your future plans, as everyone was a good candidate.

Artemise and Tezz, I'm sorry we couldn't get you both as leader, you both were great options. There was nothing wrong with all your apps, which made it hard to pick. I do hope you apply to tribe high ranks in the Kamikl or other tribes, as I'm sure you'd all do very well. ^^
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:17 am

Oh... Congrats Whisper~

Last edited by Artemise on Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Artemise
Artemise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Congratulations!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next