Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Feather

3 posters

Go down

Feather Empty Feather

Post by Feather Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:10 pm

Personality and the Basics

Nickname: Feather
Dragon Name: Fethalis
Type: Eastern Dragon
Species: Moon Lich (Uqixis)
Date of Birth: 8th of May

Personality: Has a strong sense to be alone. When being spoken to, Feather tends to listen with full attention. Usually it requires some comfort from others expressed towards him in order to speak comfortabily, well timed story telling around a campfire and a gentle approach are preferred over dialogues and direct hard action. He is fairly buizy with his appearance and loves to groom his nails and hair as an occasional activity.

Hobbies: The hobby of Feather is exploring, despite being, biologically, not very suited for multiple environments he tries to push hismself a bit for it. The aims of exploration are experiencing the world and meeting others. Feather loves to travel to far places where he has never been before.

Likes: Darkness, mysteryious situations, nocturnal lifestyle, moonlight, art, common folk, amnesia, serving, the color black, skulls are all high on his list. Unusual themed curiosities with a certain shady edge makes Feather smile. Old constructions like that seen at creepy cemeteries, as well as old books and many things alike, are also enjoyed. Sheeps and Phoenixes are amongst his favourite creatures.

Dislikes: Wyverns, agression, sunlight and very strict rules. Feather dislikes placing himself on a display and generally dislikes that trait in others as well. He cannot stand others who dislike dragons. Being woken up from a comfortable sleep, strangers digging into his past, spying without reason, self claimed titles,  enforcement upon others and unbalance are disliked a lot.

Fears: Highly afraid of sunlight and Wyverns, these fears originate from both his biology and the murder of his parents. In sunlight he burns to death, and when facing a Wyvern his survival instincts take over to persuade him to flee.

Origin, Culture, and Family

Place of Origin: Born at the Nuira's continent of Shveki, in the northern swamps.
Tribe: Associated with the Xøya tribe, despite not being a member.
Title: The Slumbering Eye of Xøy
Language: Universal language, Xøyan, Uqixse lunar whispering
Home: The eastern northern swamps of Shveki
Parents: Blaato and Minta
Siblings: N / A
Relatives: N / A
Mate: N / A
Offspring: N / A

History: Commonly known by friends as Feather, his dragonic name is Fethalis. One of the dragon inhapbitants of the Shveki's northern swamps. He appears to be 3893 years. Despite the high age his actual age is not known. According to some rumors he had always lived in the swamps since the beginning of time, made possible by a phylactery stone. As member of the Uqixis dragon species he shared history in their common lore.

The Uqixis are said to have existed very long ago, in a time long forgotten. As species they ones were golden colored servants of the Sun, who they worshipped as a God. At some point in time a volcanic erruption covered the intire world in a permanent night. The Uqixis raged a civil war amongst themselves, blaiming eachother for having murdered the Sun.

During this Uqixi Civil War, almost all Uqixis were slaughtered and a very few remained. According to the ancient lore that managed to survive troughout time, the Gods cursed the species for drifting off the path of the Sun. This curse made it not possible for them to survive in direct sunlight. As their culture started to change, the Moon wrapped her love around the Uqixis, and the species were granted Lunar Magical traits to bind them to her.

It was rumored that at some point, new cults drove the Uqixis into hiding, and even the shade morphing itself started to loose its effectivity. So the Moon granted the gift of phylactery crafting. Yet against all odds, most were murdered over time by a group of Wyvern sun cultist their finest hunters who managed to destroy both the dragons and their phylactery stones.. known as the Uqixis Purification. Here, the story of Fethalis begins...

He came into existance as an egg from Blaato and Minta, two elders of the original species. As the events unfolded they went into hiding, the sun cultists made them loose their lives near the end of the Purification. Fethalis saw how his parents died and hid himself and his phylactery in a deep crack of the cave, the cave would later become known as the Lair of Fethalis. The young dragon grew up here, and eventually grew older as the years went by.

Trainee cultists eventually discovered him around young adolocent age in the caves. Fethalis was gentle, and formed no thread, so the trainees decided to spare him, partially because they were not apathic enough to kill him. The cave was sealed for his own protection. Over time the cultists overseer discovered the failure of his students, but was not able to break open the cave. He named the dragon 'The Slumbering Eye of Xøy', for the fact that he was said to sleep in there.. somewhere.. Many years later, Feather managed to sneak out when the caves were re-opened by explorers. Then he fled. Having arrived in 'modern times' of his history, he has been on the run for many years, seeking for a place to call home. Even long after the abolishment of the sun cultists he still fears Wyverns.

Physical Dragon Appearance and Accessories

Feather Chines11
Author of this image is unknown

Diameter: 10 feet
Length: 130 feet
Wingspan: N / A
Scale/Fur/Feathers: Black long fur with gray stands here and there. Turns transparant white under moonlight.
Eyes: Ice blue, like a frozen lake under the light of a pale fog covered dusk
Accessories: N / A
Armor: N / A
Horns/Spikes: Noticable is that Feather has a spine shaped scale row that sticks out the fur on places across the belly side of his tail. Aside of this scale row he has two oak brown horns on top of his head, his horns split up into two near the tip.
Overall Appearance: A dark eastern dragon covered with fur and bones. In the lore this type of dragon is known as an Eastern Uqixis Dragon. Very characteristic mentions are his four bird like paws with five limbs, each holding a very sharp claw. His tail is covered in a thick black tassel and his chest is plated in thick scales that have a spine shaped form near the tail section. The mouth contains black tooth and two black nostrils. According to stories, it is said that the Uqixis are in tune with the Moon's dark side and therefore turns transparant white under her rays...

Abilities and Strengths

Abilities:

- Wingless Flight: Can fly without the requirement of wings trough linking his energy pool with the stance of the Moon. Can be used to levitate and glide, full flight requires being in direct contact with moonlight.

- Black Lunar Fire: Able to spit Black Lunar Fire, it look like black fire but is significantly less warm. The length is equal to four to five times his head and can lit most objects faster than normal flames whilst causing less damage. It hardly forms a threat against scales of other dragons unless they have a weakness for Lunar orientated abilities. Thus in most cases totally useless for combat. Black Fire turns white under the light of the moon. Can be used to spit small flames, a full flame requires being in direct contact with moonlight.

- Smoke Form: Can merge himself in smoke to travel trough tiny areas. Wilt in this from he does travel at common speed. This smoke is semi-physical and can be attacked by weapons, normally it is colored black but when in direct contact with moonlight it turns ghostly white; under the light of the Moon his black fur turns also transparantly shady white. Being in Smoke Form gives an increased vulnerability to silver. The density of the Smoke Form is similar to normal smoke, yet the cohesion is equal to stone scales. Smoke form can be used at any time, though prolonged use causes exhaustion, decreased movement and increased vulnerability dependable on the amount of exhaustion. Can only be used when being in direct contact with moonlight.

- Phylactery: As an Uqixis, a Moon Lich breed of dragons, his soul is bound to a phylactery, which allows him to regenerate his body near his phylactery upon death. This effectively makes him immortal. The phylactery is a black polished stone slightly smaller than his paw. It is stored in a cave lair, located in the northern swamps of Shveki. The stone itself is protected by an ancient form of magic that ensures its safety till some degree. A new body can only be formed during full Moon, the recovery takes exactly one additional month. Destroying the phylactery removes the ability to use the phylactery and makes Feather physically age.

- Vision: Naturally able to see without light. Especially handy when being in dark locations such as forgotten swamps, caves, and well.. crypts.. His vision allows him to see in full darkness. When souls are around he can see the aura's trough forming the aura colors into a slight visible orange color nuance at will, whilst the rest fades out a little bit. He is not able to see trough objects. His vision is specialized for hunting and exploring.

(Note: Immortality is often confused with invulnerability but those are not the same..)

Strengths: Feather's greatest strength is his vulnerability. He uses 'grandpa' type of stories as part of his arsenal to amuse his friends and to sooth his foes from time to time. His knowledge about the dark side of the Moon surpasses many, and forms his main line of defense against those who seek to bring harm upon him. Being vulnerable allows him to engage were others would wait, often bringing him in great danger. Since he has a phylactery he can revive himself near his phylactery at will. These traits make him a comforting companion for dangerous adventures. In physical terms, he is not very strong but it has given him a high hug-factor.

Weaknesses: Feather has a massive dislike for fighting, he usually refuses to fight others and this makes him not suited for combat. He finds himself unable to choose between friends, thus prefers to choose neutral where he can. Sunlight is equal to pain and he cannot cover himself in her golden rays for too long; or else he starts to burn to death. Without moonlight most of his magical abilities diminish to a fraction of his powers at night, the same can be said when he cut off by the Moon. Because of this handicap he has a difficulty to escape when being locked up despite his unusual body adaptations. Another weakness of Feather is his low stamina to maintain an escape at high speed, and him being unable to form a real danger to other dragons. Being extremely vulnerable to die, and having died many times, his sight on life has somewhat dulled.

Fighting Style:
Feather draws his power from the Moon, he is more suitable to spy on others than to actually engage in combat. When being attacked he has a hard time to defend himself and almost fully relies on others when things become serious. Escaping is difficult for him since he lacks stamina to maintain his fast flying speed.

Magic: The magic Fethalis uses is known as Dark Lunar Magic, his magical abilities are blended into his very soul. He draws a potential for stealth and changing his body into smoke but lacks greatly when it comes to defence, escape, and attack. When the Moon is not in a direct link with Feather, it becomes painfully difficult to access any of his Dark Lunar gifts. During the day he is practically a prisoner bound to stay in an oasis of darkness till the night returns.

Last edited by Feather on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:26 am; edited 51 times in total
Feather
Feather

Back to top Go down

Feather Empty Re: Feather

Post by Vortex Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:53 am

So, to me anyways, the largest glaring concern I have is the fact that humans and the theory of humans do not exist on Nuria.
Take from that what you will.
Bump when edited.
Vortex
Vortex

Back to top Go down

Post by Feather Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am

Vortex wrote:So, to me anyways, the largest glaring concern I have is the fact that humans and the theory of humans do not exist on Nuria.
Take from that what you will.
Bump when edited.

I am sorry, I ehm.. have altered the bio and removed all the filth. :)
Feather
Feather

Back to top Go down

Post by Vortex Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:04 am

Okay, so, taking a look at your resurrection ability, it says that "The phylactery has gifted him with immortality". This alone is quite the red flag, since immortality in general is frowned upon due to it's astronomical over-powered-ness. If I were you, I'd steer clear of invincibility/immortality if you want to maintain an enjoyable experience. 

Another thing in the same category, the resurrection ability says that he is capable of bringing other souls back from the dead. My questions mostly revolve around how frequently he can do this, what are the immediate and long term drawbacks, and is there a limit to how far gone a soul has to be. Also, how would returning a soul to a body work in this sense?
One last little bit; the smoke form. How dense or expansive is this smoke? Is there a limit to how frequently he can do this? What are the drawbacks of this capability?
Vortex
Vortex

Back to top Go down

Post by Feather Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:10 am

Mmm.. immortality is not invincibility. If taking the literate appoach to the fundamental basis, physical death wilst staying alive to resurrect in a new body is a form of immortality in saying that a character does not truely die, whilst being fully susceptible to all painful requirements that come to being injured and seperated from the body.. Since the phylactery grands immortality it automatically means he can be unimmortalized by destroying the phylactery.
Feather
Feather

Back to top Go down

Post by Vortex Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:52 am

I see. So he still dies, just reanimates afterwards? If so, is there a limitation as to how frequently this can occur?
Vortex
Vortex

Back to top Go down

Post by Feather Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:01 am

Vortex wrote:I see. So he still dies, just reanimates afterwards? If so, is there a limitation as to how frequently this can occur?

Oi, that is an interesting and sharp question! <3 I think there is no limitation around the frequency of triggering his ability though there would be a limitation in the actual effect based on the trigger. It would take a full moon to build up the energy to make a new body. Afterwards it will take around a month to recover to full power, which will obviously also happen during a full moon. Bio edit made. :)

Last edited by Feather on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Feather
Feather

Back to top Go down

Post by Vortex Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:06 am

1/2 Approved
Vortex
Vortex

Back to top Go down

Post by Feather Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:05 pm

(I was not fully sure if I had to mention fire and flight, since those abilities are fairly commonly seen in dragons. When I started to look over my application I thought that it would not hurt. <3 Made tiny edits to several ways of writing. Also added the abilities of fire and flight.

Made it so that the flames are as good as useless since I want my dragon do be ehm... not very good at combat. I really love to have an, in comparison, weak character.)
Feather
Feather

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:11 pm

Hey Feather!

Sorry for the delay in grading your app! The other admin who had started grading it got bogged down with exams and asked me to take it over to not keep you waiting. So sorry for the delay! D:

*For Smoke Form, how fast does he travel? Regular speed? Instant?
*Phylactery: I don't believe immortality is allowed at all on the forum, so I'm afraid this won't work Sad However, I will talk it over with the staff in general to see how it can work, and what will be allowed!
*Magic: Can he shapeshift? I'm not sure if he can or can't from what I read.

Again, so sorry for the delay! I'll chat ASAP about the immortality with the staff, just wanted to get the other stuff there so you don't feel forgotten!
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Feather Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:37 am

Thank you for your message Oculus. :) Oi, ehm.. I did not intend the smoke form to be faster than normal traveling. If I could add a spesific speed into it I would gladly do so, if needed. With shapeshift I meant the smoke form, have altered the choice of words for that one.

Ehm.. 'immortality', or more literally stating that he does not die due to him being able to recreate a new body within its limitations.. is quite a thingy indeed. First and for most, I really dislike making my character, combat wise, too strong. His phylactery thingy would contribute to being able to die in a plot without actually having to start over from scratch. The phylactery should not be considered an instant trigger to bumb back into a thread, unless it where to happen in front of the phylactery during a full moon, though he still would be way to weak to do it all over again since his recovery would require an additional full month.

Ehm.. I have no idea if my concept would work.. I just really like to have characters who do not really ehm.. age. But I do like characters who well.. ehm.. have a phylactery. O.O The immortality I suggested is not about being invincible, unkillible, or something alike.. just a way to reboot my character for further use and having him lore wise not being able to die due to an old age, which I find horrible to be honnest. <3
Feather
Feather

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Alright! TOtally fine!

As I think all is good, assume you are approved as I talk with staff (timezones plus exams, don't wanna keep you from rping while we discuss!). So feel free to join/create rps, and I'll officialize the approve or tell you want needs to change about immortality when I can!

Sorry for the delays!
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Feather Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:11 am

Oculus wrote:Alright!  TOtally fine!

As I think all is good, assume you are approved as I talk with staff (timezones plus exams, don't wanna keep you from rping while we discuss!).  So feel free to join/create rps, and I'll officialize the approve or tell you want needs to change about immortality when I can!

Sorry for the delays!

Aww, absolutely no problem, I enjoy waiting for I am a bit lazy sometimes.. If the body regeneration trough phylactery thingy where to be not allowed I will need to figure out what to do next, since I always build my character around that kind of core concept, I really hope to have my dragon somehow be linked deeply to death itself.. with some sort of idea of not being able to die trough natural means, read death trough old age, or undead would do the trick if body regeneration where not to be allowed. If those would be not so handy either I guess I should hold a brainstorm session in this thread. <3

Meanwile I am going to think about ways to plot out my character.. Aside from the whole application thingy I have not given it much thought, the reason for that is me being unfamiliar with the universe and the fague cultural characteristics outside of the clan life. Never having roleplayed something else than a humanoid like being before does add up to the questionmark how to plot out a fluffy black dragon. O.O
Feather
Feather

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Sat May 12, 2018 12:40 am

Hi Feather! I don't think immortality will be allowed as its overpowered. Is it possible to alter that ability in some way or form?
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down