Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Focused Dilemma [Topic Ended]

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Focused Dilemma [Topic Ended] Empty Focused Dilemma [Topic Ended]

Post by Savan Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:09 pm

The Stormcaller's library bustled silently with teachers and their classes, scholars showing lost dragons to their desired novel, and those simply enjoying a story about the past. But for Savan, none of those applied to him, several books were piled around the black figure in an isolated corner of the library, volumes on draconiformes, others, dark tales of past historical events, but mostly, the known elements in the world of Nuira.

Yet on one book atop a low lying table, he slept, snoring just loud enough to catch the ear of a nearby, potentially curious dragon. Spread about his form, the scarf that was always attached to his neck was unrolled neatly, showing a few slabs of well kempt meat wrapped in tempered plant material, while a well protected book in its proof-of-the-elements sheath lay within the center of it.

Last edited by Savan on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This topic is finished.)
Savan
Savan

Tribe : Rogue/Xoya/Ki'Sha/Stormcaller/Kaamil

Back to top Go down

Focused Dilemma [Topic Ended] Empty Re: Focused Dilemma [Topic Ended]

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:50 pm

Solarlight and Darksky slowly opened the doors to Stormcaller liberty. They weren’t there for anything in particular, they just had a day to relax. For them, this usually meant finding some good books and reading. Sky was quick to find a new novel to get lost in, but Solar was having some more trouble. He couldn’t find any of good draconiform books, but he did find another book on elemental magic to study. Once they found their book, the pair walked to their usual secluded place, but a familiar sound enter both twins ears. Snoring.

The white scaled half got curious, and convinced his sister to let them inspect the snorer. They soon walked up on a dark colored dragon in a scarf sleeping over a book. Sky, oddly enough, wasn’t quite nervous about this new dragon. She was more... curious. Solar noticed this, but said nothing. The male twin then spoke up, hoping to get the dragon’s attention. ”Hey? You ok there?”
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Tribe : Stormcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Savan Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:51 am

A quiet moment passed before the dragon stirred from his gentle dreams, his head raising sluggishly and tiredly from the thankfully unmarred book, emitting a loud yawn. The markings under his eyes gleamed warmly beneath the magical lantern above him, appearing to give off a glittering effect on the shy teal eyes that struggled to open. Almost instinctively the scarf and its items steadily collected themselves, before the quaint cloth wrapped around its owner.

“Sorry…fell asleep...” He murmured groggily, there was an awkward pause, before his eyes snapped open. There wasn’t just a head on this dragon: there were two. Distress crept across his face from the two conjoined heads, before curiosity took over, then a panicked sputter afterwards as his eyes shot away.

“O-oh-I am so sorry, i-is this your table? I didn’t mean to fall asleep-I can clean this up!” His words were now energetic, with a side of nervous.

Without waiting for an answer, he began reaching for a stack of books, hastily collecting them into neat pile while others floated freely without his supervising touch. One of the stacks behind him toppled to the ground as his tail whipped through it to wrap around his body, prompting him to panic even more with a flustered look.

Savan
Savan

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:50 am

The twins watched as the dark scaled dragon awoke. Darksky moved her head down slightly, one of her shy dragon things. It was interesting to see the scarf and everything in it seem to move effortlessly into place. Sky honestly thought he was a bit cute, but she hid it. Solar just looked between the newcomer and all the books he had. Seemed like then had an interest in dragon species in common, or perhaps he was looking for something more specific. The white dragon could recognize the dragon's species, so it made him curious. It was then that the dragon spoke and looked at them.

He gave the odd pair an all too familiar look. Solar could easily tell he was shocked, curious, and... panicked all at the same time, and his attached sister shied just a bit more. That was until the dragon began to frantically start to gather everything, nervous and thinking it was their table. The pair watched until he knocked over one of the stacks of book. The stack didn't get far, however, before the purple glow of Sky's magic surrounded the book, and placed them back on the table. The dark colored dragoness then spoke almost as nervously as the other dragon. "I-it's ok. We j-just heard you and he w-wanted to see who it w-was."

Solar then picked up one of the draconiform books and looked at it. "What's your name, and why all the species books?"
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Savan Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:42 pm

The dragon stopped almost instantly, letting a few books fall from their invisible clouds. He turned back, a bit shaken, but collected himself as the books flew back onto the table with the female's help. For that matter it soothed him more from such a simply kind act. He let loose sigh of relief and much needed thought, before turning back to the twins with an averted gaze.

"T-thank you... My name is Savan, I've.... uh... been trying to s-search for something. I-it might be crazy, but it's important. I'm also interested in Nuira." He glanced back at the book before him, opened down its middle on a topic of Shadow, primarily how it was focused. He gently and carefully pried it from under the stack of books it was accidentally trapped under, dusting it off as if it fell like the others, before looking back towards them in curios.
Savan
Savan

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:56 pm

The twins watched as the dragon placed some books back on the table. Solar noticed the dark scaled male’s nervousness melt away some as Sky helped him. He did still seem a bit shy though, as he avoided making eye contact. The white scaled drogon also realized something else. He didn’t recognize this dragon’s species. Sky, in an uncommon move, had raised her head back up, though she still had a worried look.

The dragon then revealed his name, Savan, and what he was doing. He was looking for something important. This was definitely something that both could understand. During their early days of studying, the pair centered their learning around finding their parents. He also noted he wanted to learn more about Nuira.

Solar eyed his sister as the pair seemed to be chat silently. Neither noticed the book Savan freed, but Sky seemed nervous still. Not about the new dragon per say, but what Solar told her. The pair then turned back to Savan, and Solar spoke with a calm, steady tone. ”We can understand, Savan. If you need any help, I know a thing or two about dragon species and magic, and my sister here is like a living history book.” It was a simple offer, but both twins thought it was a good one, even if Sky was a bit shy.
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Savan Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Savan's eyes lit up, staring at the two with meager hope in his eyes, but with great amiability in their teal reflections from the golden morning rays. "I would appreciate it greatly, I-I don't know where else to look." He glanced down at the books on the table, "I've already read a good portion of books that would have helped."

He thought for a moment, looking further down at the Shadowed topic the open book was on. Perhaps it was hopeless, perhaps there is a trail to all of this; there was still something to garner. Shadow was an element he was born with, and this was a recent page.
Savan
Savan

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:45 pm

The twins both smiled, though Sky’s was a shy one, and the pair soon walked up to and sat at the table. They each picked up a book with their telekinesis. One book became covered in a gold glow, the other in the familiar purple glowing. Solar than quickly realized something, and spoke. ”Oh. I’m Solarlight by the way, and she’s my sister, Darksky.” Sky wave a little, not seeming to enjoy being pointed out, but thought it was odd that Solar said nothing about them being the Rulers.

The pair then each looked at their respective book, seeing if Savan had marked anything in particular. When Darksky finished checking, finding nothing, she looked at Savan, and managed to nervously ask him something. ”S-Savan. What e-exactly are you l-looking for?”
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Savan Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:39 am

Savan managed a smile and a bowed head as they introduced themselves, or rather Solar introducing them both. “A pleasure to you both.” He hummed in answer. Conjoined twins… Savan never heard or even knew about such a thing until now.

Solar’s subject was on the nature of the continent of Layrian, while Sky’s was on the history of the Twilight Palace. Neither seemed to have been fully read, both of which were marked a third of the way, mostly of the chapters and glossary at the front.

His tail slowly hovered up to the table, tracing his eyes across the shimmering scythe at its tip, to the markings decorating the tail itself. “I…” He paused with a sigh, looking at her with a disarmed gaze, “To be honest, I’m... looking for any information pertaining to my species.
Savan
Savan

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:10 am

The twins looked at their books curiously. Sky had probably read her book a hundred time over before now, but the book Solar picked up was new to him. It peaked his interest as he look through some of the pages. The pair had never been off of Verula before, so it was interesting read about what lived on the other continents. While the brother was interested in the book, he stopped when he heard Darksky's question to Savan.

The dark scaled dragon's answer hit home for the conjoined pair. They had done something very similar when they were young. They had wanted to find their parents, hoping that any bit of detail could help them. It did show them what they wanted to study, but they never got very far with the information. The twins both bowed their heads a bit, not in fear but in understanding. Solar then responded with his usual calm tone, replacing his nature book with a barely read species book as he did. "Well, you definitely found the right dragons for understanding." Sky, meanwhile just gave Savan a knowing glance, wonder what it was like to not even know your species.
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Savan Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:47 am

Savan’s went to Solar’s, slowly tilting his head as he spoke, “Under-standing? W-what do you mean?” The tail receded back behind him, his full attention to them now. The dark dragon’s body seemed to now be fully relaxed, though his face was still rife with hints of uncertainty, shyness, and frustration.
Savan
Savan

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:15 am

Solar and Sky looked at each other when Savan asked what the white scaled male meant, and the latter's side of the body seemed to tense up. Her face seemed to become more shy. Either way, despite the silents between them, Darksky gave her brother a nod and he began to speak. "Well. We were left here when we were only a few days hatched. Too young to even remember who our parents were." Sky then nervously began to speak.

"W-when we were old enough, m-me and Solar came here t-to try and find answers." Solar nodded before he continued.

"We never could find answers here. Too little is known about our kind in resent centuries. It did at least point us to what we loved to study."
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Savan Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:47 am

As they spoke on, Savan’s face slowly lapsed into one of understanding, and melancholy. He was more at ease than ever, knowing they had explained a personal chapter of their past, at least in his eyes. It was only right of him to repay them with his reasons.

“I-I see... and I understand... your pain more than you know.” He explained with a sigh, breathing in a stuttered breath as he gazed down at the Shadows.

“My story goes along a few parallels with yours, but ends with only questions.” A tail flicked, the steel talon lightly clicking against the enlightened floor of the heavenly library. “I was found floating down a river north of Gaiyan Forest in Layrian, by... by...” He paused, his neck and claws tensing up as he swallowed. “A Star Wyvern, I was only an egg when she found me, wrapped in the scarf you see around my neck, and tucked into a vessel of dirt and leaves. She hatched me in Gaiyan forest, rais...-I’m so sorry.” He wiped an escaping tear from his eye, breathing out another staggered breath as he choked down a sob.

“And n-now I’m here, t-trying to search for what I am.” He finished.

Savan
Savan

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:39 am

Solar and Sky watched as Savan's nervousness seemed to wane at hearing their story. Maybe them being so open was a surprise to him, or he didn't expect what they said? Soon though, the twins had their answer.

The pair were shocked to hear what Savan had to say. He was an orphan like them. He was found by another dragon, with Solar perking when he heard "Star Wyvern." And his scarf. It must have been a constant reminder of where he came from. Then, tears began to escape his eyes. Sky flashed her brother a knowing glance, and placed her wing on his shoulder and spoke up, still having a nervous.

"I-it's ok Savan." Solarlight then opened his maw, speaking with a knowing tone.

"Yeah. There information on pretty much every species here. You should be able to find answers here."
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Savan Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:38 am

It took all of his being to resist breaking down, to keep the tears behind the ancient dam, wishing he didn’t have to remember that night. Slowly, softly, he embraced her wing, closing his eyes, letting his neck and head tilt onto the webbed bones to accept her consolement. “Thank you, Darksky.”

He sighed, straightening back up as he listened to Solar.

“Well, I’ve been here for a week already, and there is definitely a lot more to delve into. Maybe something will turn up eventually.” He managed a tired smiled, taking a moment to think, “I.. don’t suppose you two would be able to help me?-You don’t have to if you have other plans.”
Savan
Savan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next