Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Staff Applications

+7
Arkhor
Storm
Artemise
Neru
Oculus
Scortia
Owner
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Staff Applications - Page 3 Empty Staff Applications

Post by Owner Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is an application to become one of the staff of the site! Staff have to be active, kind, and work for the better of the community! Staffing can be a hard and stressful job sometimes and there is no pay as this is you volunteering your time to help. Of course you get to help the site and it's members thrive and become a better site. We would like active, helpful, and kind members to fill the positions. People new and old on the site can apply.

At first it will be a trial run of being a mod before you become a full one. This doesn't mean you don't get to do all of the things a regular mod does, it just means you're being tested to see if you can handle and are fit to be one. If at any point you feel like you can't do it, please pm me and we can talk.

Please fill out the application below if you'd like to apply for a staff position
Code:
[b]Main Account:[/b] (Which account is your main account/the account you'd like to be a mod on?)
[b]Site Age[/b] (How long have you been on the site? You can usually check in your profile.)
[b]Age:[/b] (Actual age please.)
[b]Activeness:[/b] (How active are you on the site?)
[b]Staffing Experience:[/b] (What experience do you have being an Admin or Mod of another RP like forum?)
[b]Contribution:[/b] (What are you planning on doing to help the site and what is an active staff member like? How will you be a good staff member?)

[b]Sundew and Libra are fighting in the chatbox. Sundew is right while Libra is wrong, what do you do?[/b]

[b]An admin unbanned someone you banned in the chatbox. What do you do?[/b]

[b]You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. What do you do?[/b]

[b]What improvements would you make for the site?[/b]

If you were like to be a certain type of staff- Chat, character, ect.- please specify that in your app!

Owner
Admin

https://dragonshaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Staff Applications - Page 3 Empty Re: Staff Applications

Post by Vortex Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:23 pm

(Since CB mod seems to be the only slot open, I might as well apply for that.)

Main Account: Vortex

Site Age 2016-10-20 (On a different account, mind you.)

Activeness: Active as heck most of the time

Staffing Experience: I do not have a large amount of staffing experience, only a few private websites, Factions and Discord servers, but I am a quick learner.

Contribution: I have been and continue to be a friendly and active member of DH practically since it was born. I wish to help out newcomers and resolve conflicts in order to make the site a better place.

Sundew and Libra are fighting in the chatbox. Sundew is right while Libra is wrong, what do you do? Depending on the argument, I would either tell them to drop it if it was large, and use seperate PM/DM to work it out. If the argument was smaller, I would take them and myself into a PM/DM on Discord or Skype. I would see to it Libra would have to understand completely and peacefully why Sundew was correct, no matter how long it takes.

An admin unbanned someone you banned in the chatbox. What do you do? I would contact the Admin and ask for their reasoning, as well as explain mine. If I understand their reasoning, I would let them remain unbanned until further notice. If I disagree even partially, I would try and work out a compromise with them.

You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. What do you do? If I was hated by the majority of the community for something I did, I would create a topic to explain my reasoning, showing my side of the argument to them. If only a few people hated me, I would contact them via PM/DM and explain my reasoning. Since I work on the internet commonly, I know that there are some people that simply cannot be reasoned with; but that won't stop me from trying.

What improvements would you make for the site?

I would simply try and make the community a happier place.

Last edited by Vortex on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vortex
Vortex

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Approved for cbox mod
Oculus
Oculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:55 am

WELCOME TO THE TEAM VORTEX
Artemise
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rihzome Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:59 am

(Welp, you said you needed 1-3 Cbox mods so… that’s the position I’m going for)

Main Account: Rihzome (although some may know me as Ardent)
Site Age Member since 24/10/2016
Activeness: Almost daily, even if not posting
Staffing Experience: None as of yet
Contribution: Help to avoid and work out arguments and grievances before they can escalate to the point where serious drama / trouble is caused, assist those who need it in character creation or navigating the site, etc, regardless if if falls under my duties or not.

Sundew and Libra are fighting in the chatbox. Sundew is right while Libra is wrong, what do you do? First and foremost, it depends largely on the… intensity of the argument in question, and if any rules are being broken. If it was more a misunderstanding, with no insults / provocations or the ilk being tossed around, it would be ideal to sort it out there and then, before anything further can arise. If such a course of action proves impossible, the argument worsens from there, or is bad when I arrive, it would be wisest to issue warnings to both of them and move the argument over to a Skype / Discord chat with the two individuals, where things could be worked through from there. If they continued their argument in the Chatbox, and depending on the intensity of the argument, a kick or small temporary ban may be issued, to either break up the argument or allow one / both of them to cool off. From here, the second course of action would again be followed, creating a Skype ground where they can work through their grievance with guidance from either myself or someone more experienced in the matter.

An admin unbanned someone you banned in the chatbox. What do you do? Ensure the Admin knows the exact reason why the person was banned from the Chatbox in the first place, including any relevant information (chat logs, PM’s, etc.). If their decision was to keep the person unbanned, accept the decision, but watch to make sure the offender does not repeat their actions. Of course, if it was a major infraction, it would be wise to take it up with another admin  / the head admin, and ask them to look over the evidence, to ensure the decision to unban them was an unbiased and just one.  

You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. What do you do? Explain my justification and reasoning for my actions, either through a topic or PM’s / Skype, and put it up to a vote, to see if the community would rather what I did be reversed. If my decision was reversed, it would be wise to admit to making a mistake and apologize to the community for what I did.

What improvements would you make for the site? On the RP side, aim to implement more tribe specific RP’s, along with events for these said tribes, which would aim to create a more concise identity of the tribe. On the community side, very little could be done, seeing as the community here is already a great one. Possibly implement some more OOC threads or something of the like.
Rihzome
Rihzome

Back to top Go down

Post by Owner Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 am

Approved for Cbox mod

There is still one spot open! Even if the spots are taken, still feel free to apply as when some open up your app will still be looked at.

Owner
Admin

https://dragonshaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:47 pm

Staff apps are officially OPEN! We will be accepting 1-2 new mods, depending.

The template has been changed and updated, so use the one below.

Code:
[b]Main Account:[/b] (Which account is your main account/the account you'd like to be a mod on?)
[b]Age:[/b] (Actual age please. DM the staff if you're not comfortable with sharing it here.)
[b]Staffing Experience:[/b] (What experience do you have being an Admin or Mod of another RP like forum?)
[b]Contribution:[/b] (What are you planning on doing to help the site and what is an active staff member like? How will you be a good staff member?)

[b]Sundew and Libra are fighting in the chatbox. Sundew is right while Libra is wrong, how would you handle this situation?[/b]

[b]An admin unbanned someone you banned in the chatbox. What do you do?:[/b]

[b]You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. How would you respond:[/b]

Good luck!

Last edited by Artemise on Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Artemise
Artemise

Back to top Go down

Post by Savan Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:34 pm

Main Account: Savan - The current one.

Staffing Experience: (What experience do you have being an Admin or Mod of another RP like forum?)

Unfortunately I have no experience moderating an RP site, as this is in theory, my first one, but I am willing to learn.

On another note,

I’ve mostly learned and taken to heart from how others staffed in gaming servers over the years. But I’ve been part of one or two moderation teams on friend’s Discord servers.

Contribution: (What are you planning on doing to help the site and what is an active staff member like? How will you be a good staff member?)

I would mainly like to help work out/develop the lore and plot of Nuira with others on the site, as well as possibly work on some artistic media if time allows to help the community get a sense of what they’re learning about.

As for the other question, an active staff member is one who communicates with their community on a respective and friendly level, while also getting along and working with other staff members to help keep the site maintained and entertaining. I always try to make everyone feel welcome and wanted, but at the same time kind and courteous to others.

Sundew and Libra are fighting in the chatbox. Sundew is right while Libra is wrong, how would you handle this situation? Ask both to stop the argument at once, it’s going nowhere, it doesn’t matter who’s right or who’s wrong; the longer this fight goes the worse it gets. If this is a personal matter, ask them to take to DMs, If neither of them are capable of being mature, or following mine, or another mod’s words, then neither shouldn’t be here, and will be punished accordingly.

An admin unbanned someone you banned in the chatbox. What do you do?: Ask why they were unbanned, and take it up with admin, and/or other fellow staff about the situation in order to figure out the best course of action, while also figuring out the reason.

You did something for the better of the site but is now hated by the community. How would you respond: Ask why the community rejects the new change and, explain why it happened and, if possible, figure out what could be changed to help ease what they disliked.
Savan
Savan

Tribe : Rogue/Xoya/Ki'Sha/Stormcaller/Kaamil

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:46 pm

Approved for Moderator. Congratulations Savan! (:

DM me three colours, that'll be your glow.
Artemise
Artemise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next