Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

An Aspiring Adviser [Private - Solarlight and Darksky] - Topic Ended

4 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

An Aspiring Adviser [Private - Solarlight and Darksky] - Topic Ended - Page 2 Empty An Aspiring Adviser [Private - Solarlight and Darksky] - Topic Ended

Post by Artemise Wed May 09, 2018 9:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Caramina rarely concerned herself with the current affairs of the Stormcallers. She had never seen any need to do so, nor had the wish.

But what if? The dragoness found herself thinking suddenly as she strolled through one of the many winding corridors that curved around the Twilight Palace, taking a route that had long grown familiar to her. The marble floor was cool against her paws, pristine and elegant, their shine untouched by time. What if? As a citizen, she had no obligation to tangle herself in the web of complications that involving herself in current affairs undoubtedly encompassed, and even if she wanted to, she had no idea how. But with the new rank that the new Rulers, Solarlight and Darksky, introduced, it was a possibility.

Well, she'd consider it. It wasn't like she was running short of time, anyway, Caramina thought as she arrived at the Library, the doors swinging open at a gentle push to reveal her favourite place in the whole world. Shelves seemed to unfurl away from the entrance, their bodies bursting with books. A high ceiling allowed some sunlight to creep through as gentle rays, giving the room a warm radiance to it. Armchairs littered the large space, comfortable, plush and promising a well-spent, relaxing afternoon.

And then her gaze fell upon Solarlight and Darksky.

They were browsing through books, seeming to be searching for something. Their presence once more brought to mind the matter she'd planned to mull over later, especially since this would be a good chance to volunteer herself as adviser. She stood at the entrance uncertainly, the doors falling closed behind her with a click. Realising that it'd be rude to not greet the new Rulers, she went over to do so. "Greetings, your Royal Majesties," she greeted with a teasing smile.
Artemise
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

Back to top Go down

An Aspiring Adviser [Private - Solarlight and Darksky] - Topic Ended - Page 2 Empty Re: An Aspiring Adviser [Private - Solarlight and Darksky] - Topic Ended

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Sun May 20, 2018 10:42 am

Both Solarlight and Darksky smiled as Caramine seemed to become more relaxed. She seemed to at least be thinking about the role with her next words, but it was what she said next that surprised them. Lucky? That wasn’t something anyone had called the two’s attachment that before. They both gave her surprised looks, especially Sky, as she explained why. Neither could help but smile as Solar spoke up. ”No one’s ever said that about our... closeness before. Not even Yian or Glasoc. But you do know your a friend to us, right? You’d still have a better connection to us than a random dragon.”

The pair then noticed the way she looked when Solar mentioned Rihzome. The male felt bad, remembering how close they were. It was then that Cara said they didn’t need the shadowing. That they could just rule their own way. Solar once again spoke, soon following by his black scaled sister. ”We know. It’s just.... Um....”

”What he’s trying to admit is that we’re some of the youngest dragons here. Of every dragon he could’ve picked, he pick us. We just... don’t know why.”
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Tribe : Stormcaller

Back to top Go down

An Aspiring Adviser [Private - Solarlight and Darksky] - Topic Ended - Page 2 Empty Re: An Aspiring Adviser [Private - Solarlight and Darksky] - Topic Ended

Post by Artemise Tue May 22, 2018 2:59 am

Whatever the twins had been told about or thought of their attachment, it was clearly far from lucky, evident in the surprised looks that came over their faces, hilarious in their similarity. This was, Cara guessed, the first time they had been labelled as such. At the mention of Yian and Glasoc (whoever they were) failing to reassure Solar and Sky that their joined situation wasn't all that strange, she looked somewhat disdainful, her lips a thin line of disapproval. "Most, unfortunately, see the bad side of things, but choose not to comment," she remarked, "but I see the good, and I point it out."

However, Solar calling her a friend had her smiling warmly again, and she said, feeling flattered, "I'm glad to hear that. And yes, it is true that I would have better connections than any random dragon, but my point still stands. Both of you are lucky to share such a deep understanding of each other. Appreciate it." Her smile widened at Sky's words about Rihzome's selection, and she explained, "Rihzome... Had taken quite a fancy to you two during his time here. An interest, I should say... And he must have seen potential in one of your interactions. That is all, I think; don't worry too much about it. Does it really matter, anyway? Rihzome isn't here for you to ask, so why spend so much time wondering if you're not going to get an answer?"
Artemise
Artemise

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Tue May 22, 2018 3:46 pm

The pair smiled at Cara’s words, but both seemed a bit uneasy about her face appeared after they mentioned Yian and Glasoc, but Sky told Solar to not mention anything right now. Once Cara had finished, they were smiling again, and Solar spoke calmly. ”Thanks Cara. And trust me, we appreciate having each other. Guess it’s a good thing we ended up as Stormcallers instead of another tribe.”

Then Cara told them about Rihzome. How he took an interest in them, and possibly saw enough potential to make them Rulers. Not only that, but saying that it really didn’t matter was a bit of a wake up call for them too. Both Solarlight and Darksky were almost obsessed with knowing how and why, but it wasn’t really helping them here. It definitely brought a smile to their faces.

”Thanks. We needed to hear that.”

”Yeah. It really helped.”
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:33 pm

Caramina nodded gravely. "Yes. I'm sure both of you have suffered through too many odd or disgusted looks, but I'm glad that hasn't caused a rift between you two. Never let another dragon's opinion think yourselves unlucky." She observed their expressions closely, wary of accidentally letting slip the wrong words and unintentionally cause offence to the two. Then again, it wasn't like the twins to be petty, she reasoned with herself. The words hung in the air between them, unsaid but clear nonetheless: If the twins had been in a less open-minded tribe like the Stormcallers, they definitely would have suffered more than the weight of contemptuous words. They probably would have been bullied and treated like an outcast.

She was glad to find that her words were sinking in and not bouncing off a stubborn wall, as was the case with most she tried to give advice on. Lifting a shoulder in a shrug, Caramina asked cheerfully, "Anything else?"
Artemise
Artemise

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:32 pm

Both twins smiled and nodded at Caramina’s remarks. ”Don’t worry. We won’t.” Sure, they sometimes didn’t think they were luck, especially on the rare occasion that things got heated between them, but Cara’s words definitely rang true. Even with looks they sometimes got, they were really loved by their not-so-normal family.

The the long bodied dragoness asked if they needed anything else. The pair looked at each other before Solar smiled, with Sky soon returning the look. They pair then faced her, seeming to be thinking of something. Sky then spoke in a kind, happy tone.

”Well, you said it would be a good idea to ask and see if there were things that others saw that could be improved. So, is there anything you’d want to see done?” Solarlight then gave a kind smirk, seeming to have something on his mind.

”And seriously, think about the advisor position. Me and Sky may have each other, but we both get off track sometimes.”
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:46 pm

Caramina couldn't help but return the two's smiles, feeling warmth, not for the first time, spread through her. While she wasn't the wisest around, it did feel nice to have her advice taken--it felt as if she'd make a difference. Not that she was badmouthing anyone, but the previous Rulers had never given her that feeling before, of being... involved, or needed. Looking upon the two in front of her, she felt an irrational surge of hope.

Thinking for a while, she at least replied to Sky. "What about adding more specific positions to better... Ah, 'cater' to the interests of the dragons we have here? As you know, we Stormcallers are very open and aren't picky about who's allowed to join us. Perhaps an official role for Artist, or a role to record the important events in the Stormcallers." It was something she'd never dared to bring up before, but here it was now, out in the open. Unable to stop herself, she shrugged as if to say her opinion wasn't that important. Of course, it was completely up to the twins.

She ruffled her wings uncertainly. "I'll think about it," she promised Solar.
Artemise
Artemise

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:14 pm

((I honestly never thought about this.))

Solarlight and Darksky listened curiously as Cara told them how she thought they could improve, with both clearly taking in every word. More specific positions? The pair could still remember not being about to find the right Scholars to learn from when they were little. Plus, like the dragoness had said, Stormcallers accepted almost everyone. Having additional positions in the widespread tribe couldn’t hurt. Once the pair exchanged a silent conversation, Solar spoke up, sounding really interesting in Caramina’s idea.

”That’s a really good idea Cara. Definitely one worth looking into more.” Sky then budded in. ”Yeah. Scholar and Diplomat are good ranks, but they aren’t the best at conveying what dragons actually do.”

Cara saying she’d think about the advisor position brought a smile to both heads. She had really helped the green pair with this simple talk, so they really hoped she’d become an advisor. If not, at least they knew they had a good friend to talk to when they needed to.
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:07 am

"Thank you!" Enouraged that her idea had been so readily accepted by the twins, she said, gesturing animatedly, "Speaking of artists... I've been around. And trust me, during my time here, I've seen many talents. Some of them are underappreciated artists and writers - wouldn't it be better to promote their work by making them official? Or, what about a role to care for hatchlings? I haven't thought of a name yet. There are endless possibilities!"
Artemise
Artemise

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:50 am

The twins both smiled, and Solar let out a kind chuckle, at Cara’s enthusiasm. She had a good point too. Sky remembered his sister always asking who were writers among the Scholars so she could get her talons on cool stories before anyone noticed them. Solar would also hunt for specific Scholars in search of history.

Once Caramina finished, Solar was quick to make a remark. ”Those are great points. Sounds like you’ve been thinking about this for a long time, Cara.” Sky just looked curiously, seeming to agree with her brother.
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 pm

"Oh, trust me, I have. I've always been dissatisfied with the lack of specific enough roles in the Stormcallers, just was never brave or comfortable enough with the Ruler to speak out then, y'know? I am now, though. I would... Love to work with you," Cara popped out so suddenly that she surprised at herself. Since that was said already... "I dunno. I can give it a try." It was clear what she was talking about. This said, she ruffled her wings again, shifting her weight from one foot to another as her tail curled around a foot.

She wasn't sure it was a good idea to accept the offer. But the words had been said; they couldn't exactly be taken back, could they? Embarrassed, she hastily switched topics: "Ahh... Anyway. We should get some food, yeah? There's a buffet waiting in the dining room. We shouldn't let it go to waste." She smiled a bit wistfully, recalling Imperia, Rihzome and herself eating in that very room - that fateful day when she'd found her brother. "We ate there once. Rihzome, Imperia and I. I would love to eat with you, too. Then whatever serious topics we have... I guess we can leave it later." The implication was clear: She wanted time to ready herself.
Artemise
Artemise

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:18 am

Solarlight and Darksky smiled at hearing that Caramina was comfortable enough around them to share her idea with them. Sky could definitely sympathies with what Cara told them. She was always nervous around others, so even talking to the elongated dragoness in front of her and her brother said something. But both twins were surprised by what she said next.

“I would... Love to work with you." Both smiled, still surprised, but in a way that showed how happy they were. Solar then asked, ”Really,” in a hopeful tone. When Cara somewhat nervously confirmed her intent, the twins said ”Thank you.”

Then Caramina suggested they go get something to eat, but Solar could tell she seemed embarrassed. She also remarked about eating with Imperia and Rihzome. The twins never got the chance to really eat with the rulers. Sure they saw them, but they never sat and talked. Plus, Cara seemed to want to take her mind off of stuff. Have some time to think like they did when they were first given the Ruler positions. Solar nodded to Cara, and said ”Thanks. We’d love to eat with you too.” The pair then began to walk to the dining room, being sure to not lead by too much.
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:00 am

The impact of her words - of her agreement - was evident on Solarlight's and Darksky's faces, and Caramina herself displayed an expression of surprise. It wasn't exactly that she'd thought they were faking it... The twins were not the type, she could tell from the bottom from her heart. Rather, what she was uncertain about was whether they had really wished for her to take up the position as Advisor because it was an offer made from sympathy, or because they genuinely wanted her advice. It was nice to see that it was the latter; yet another event in this day that lightened her heart and had her spirits soaring. "Ah... No problem. It'd be great to work with you guys..." she said, truthfully but yet a little hesitantly.

At their lack of verbal response when she brought up Rihzome and Imperia, she glanced over, surprised. "You're not going to ask me more about them? I mean, they're in the past, but I... I dunno, I thought you'd want to know more about them. I certainly would." She shrugged then, not breaking stride, and eventually arrived at the Dining Hall. It'd changed a bit since she had last came with someone to eat with, but still had the grandeur; the massive space was enough to hold three stories, though the second and third only jutted out from the sides, leaving the middle part empty - that was where those on the first storey could look up and see the sky through the translucent ceiling.

As they seated themselves, food would appear, arranged on white-and-gold/silver plates. There was a large variety of food that could be consumed, and Cara dug in hungrily, having missed breakfast and lunch. She wasn't too sure of the time now, but she was starving, and only spoke after a few minutes of hungry eating: "So, what'd you think? The chefs knew you'd be coming, so they'd made sure to fancy up the food a little bit. Never mind that it's already amazing."
Artemise
Artemise

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:26 pm

The twins noticed the hesitation in Caramina's voice, but what surprised them a bit was her surprise that they didn't ask anything about Rihzome or Imperia. In reality, it wasn't that they didn't want to know more, it was that they didn't want to flood their friend with a million questions. Though, since Cara brought it up, Solar decided to ask. "Well, I guess one thing we wanna know is what were they like?" Sky then followed her brother with "We never really left the libraries much, so we never really got to know them." It was true. They had become known as the Reclusive Twins before becoming rulers because they pretty much kept to themselves and a small group. They couldn't really do that much anymore.

Once in the buffet room, the pair started picking up food as it went by. It was kinda funny, neither got much food for their size, but together it was more then you'd think they could eat. Either way, they soon tore into the food. It was delicious! When Cara asked how they liked the food, the pair began to talk over each other. "It's great!" "Delicious!" As they kept eating, Sky, oddly, figured it would be good to bring up some talk while they were there. She looked over at Cara, asking "So, we've asked you a lot of questions, but do you have any for us?"

Last edited by Solarlight and Darksky on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:59 am

It was as if Cara's question had unlocked something in the two. Having expected being asked either none or a wave of them, she was taken by surprise at that one question. Perhaps it was the twins' way of hitting two birds with one stone: Understand the previous Rulers, and take inspiration from what they did. Or something like that, Cara guessed, but it was mere speculation, nothing else.

"Imperia was very approachable, to say the least. She never seemed to exude an air of superiority over us nor tried to use her power to order us around, but rather a sense of grace that wasn't one bit intimidating. Rihzome meanwhile... He was very... Ah, he's a hard one to describe," she said affectionately, and fell into silence for a few footsteps. "For one, he could be very hospitable if he wished to be. But don't make him your enemy." Caramina chuckled then, continuing, "Was a bit shy initially, Rihz was. Formal too. He was the more quiet, mature one among us two."

At Solar's question, she raised her brows, considering. "May I see your abilities?" she asked at last. "Perhaps in a spar, if you wish to move around a bit. And... I know it's sort of a given, but you two have to discuss where you're going, right, and come to an agreement? So how do you two cooperate in a fight were there is very little time for any discussion at all?"
Artemise
Artemise

Back to top Go down

Post by Solarlight and Darksky Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:53 am

The twins both listened carefully as Cara explained what the two former rulers were like. It really made the young dragons wish they could have met Imperia and Rihzome. Both of them sounded like great dragon's that they would have loved to get to know. But now, they at least had some idea who they were. It was also interesting to hear the hybrid dragoness talk about her brother. Both Solarlight and Darksky thought, with how Cara spoke, she and Rihzome were as close as they were.

When Care asked the twins her question, both were actually a bit grateful with what she asked. Half of the time, dragons would ask much more... private questions, or would ask ones that were just jokes in disguise. There new adviser's question was actually more... normal, and Solar looked excited about the idea of sparring. The pair eyed each other for a moment, then Solar spoke. "Some sparring sounds fun, plus we can show you what we can do. As for your other question, yeah. Since neither of us control the entire body, we have to talk and agree on almost everything. We do have one trick though." Sky then nodded and continued for her brother.

"We have a mental link between us. We can read each other's minds, and block each other out. Glasoc taught us to fight, and use it then. To have one of us lead when we do. It helps, but we still mess up sometimes."
Solarlight and Darksky
Solarlight and Darksky
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next