Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Lone Dragon of the Tundra (Open to all)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lone Dragon of the Tundra (Open to all) Empty Lone Dragon of the Tundra (Open to all)

Post by Arctic Kaiju Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:27 pm

Icolock sat in his home, a deep icy cavern surrounded by one hundred foot tall ice spikes within the frozen tundra. He was carving an ice sculpture. He besides this and sleeping there's not much to do. He liked it though, he enjoyed the solitude for the most part. There was a small part of him that would like to have some company every now and again. "Well I'll always have you guys I guess," he joked to his many ice sculptures of dragons and other things he's seen from his dreams.
Most of the sculptures were of creatures he's seen in his dreams. He assumes these monsters are from the same laboratory Icolock was grown in. He knows they'll show up at some point, but he has no idea when. He knew he'd have to kill them when they came. Until now he's waiting and enjoying his peace.
For the first time, he put down most of his fence to seem more inviting, he didn't expect anyone to come, but he was just trying to be nice and seem inviting.
Arctic Kaiju
Arctic Kaiju

Back to top Go down

Lone Dragon of the Tundra (Open to all) Empty Re: Lone Dragon of the Tundra (Open to all)

Post by Xavierr Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:54 am

Xasheski wasn't entirely sure where he was, but he knew one thing for certain: It was cold.

It had started out as a simple hunting mission. Xash, desperate for food, had been forced to head up north, where it seemed all the prey animals were fleeing to, though he wasn't sure why. He had since abandoned his previous home in order to find one closer to his new food source. But now he was faced with several problems.

First and foremost, Xash had no idea how to survive in the cold. He had always lived in temperate climates, noting to extreme. Always marshes and forests. Never taigas or mountains.

Second, winter was approaching.

Xash was now blindly wandering through the snow, when he bumped into some large icicle. He paused, looking up. They seemed to be arranged in a pattern, like someone had put them there...
Xavierr
Xavierr

Back to top Go down

Lone Dragon of the Tundra (Open to all) Empty Re: Lone Dragon of the Tundra (Open to all)

Post by Arctic Kaiju Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:38 am

Icolock heard the fumbling outside and wandered to see what had bumped into the pillar. He saw the dragon that very much didn't look like they belonged in the frozen tundra, and decided to save his hide. Plus, It's good to have new potential friends Icolock just hopes this new dragon doesn't mind reheating food.

He approaches the dragon slowly.
"Hello there. Are you in need of assistance?" he asks kindly. He studied the dragon's body to see if it was male or female, and also to make a sculpture in the future.
Arctic Kaiju
Arctic Kaiju

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavierr Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 pm

Xasheski was caught off guard by the stranger. This was evident by the tiny night fury's look of surprise when the massive beast glanced down at him. And he appeared so silently, too. And of course, being in a strange land, with strange dragons and animals, Xash's first instinct was to run away, find safer ground. And so that was exactly what Xash did.

He turned and ran off. Unfortunately, he only bothered to think about where it was he was heading after he had already started running, so he blindly smashed into the snow behind a tree. Oh, why did his scales have to be black.

Nervously, he glanced back around the tree. Being only about five feet tall, the eighty foot beast was huge to him. He could probably crush Xash in his paw. He wasn't taking any chances.

The dragon had spoken some words before Xash had run off, but he hadn't heard them. He had been too busy panicking. Cautiously, he poked his head out, glancing up towards the large dragon, wondering if he'd seen where he'd ran off to.
Xavierr
Xavierr

Back to top Go down

Post by Arctic Kaiju Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:51 pm

Icolock dropped his head, he gave it an honest try and it didn't work. He walked back to his cave in defeat. He was an idiot to think he would an actual befriend such a small creature. His size alone definitely scared the small black dragon and Icolock didn't blame the dragon for running, but the only thing Icolock wondered was how the hell did a tree grow in the middle of a frozen tundra? There's nothing here but snow, ice, stones, and fish. Where did the tree come from? He'd worry about that later though.
Arctic Kaiju
Arctic Kaiju

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavierr Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:30 am

Xash remained silent, watching as the larger dragon's face went from lit up, to disappointed. The dragon then began to recede into his cave. Xash wasn't sure if this was because he couldn't find him, or not. Xasheski clutched the tree, hearing its dead bark snap beneath his claws, as he nervously examined his surroundings. He sure had been lucky this was here.

Another cool wind blew past behind him. He shivered. The cave the dragon was entering looked so warm. But... there was a massive dragon in it. Not that this dragon seemed overtly aggressive, but.... Xash hesitantly took a step forward from behind the tree, examining the larger dragons.
Xavierr
Xavierr

Back to top Go down

Post by Arctic Kaiju Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:28 am

Icolock didn't notice the dragon approaching his cave, but when he was in this sort of mood he didn't notice anything unless it made enough noise.

Was it his own purpose to fight the creatures from the stars and die with no one to congratulate or mourn him? From what happened it may seem that way.

Sent from Topic'it App
Arctic Kaiju
Arctic Kaiju

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaerilyss Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:43 am

With the frigid wind of the tundra filling the leathery folds of her wings, Zaerilyss soared across the arctic sky.  Kept aloft by a frosty air current, Zaerilyss allowed her wings to just stretch out horizontally as she took a deep breath of the frigid air.  She'd been flying for a few hours, just seeing how much farther north she could trave before catching a glimpse of something more curious than just the snow and ice.  The snowy region of Laryntha still held many secrets buried beneath the snow; especially since it seemed most dragons hated the cold.  Lucky for Zaerilyss, Her scales seemed to be tempered for such weather, and the chill that ran down her spines was merely another unique addition to this particular endeavor.
    Suddenly, Her sky blue eyes sharpened as she spied A massive blue dragon lumber back towards it's cave.   "Whoa!" Zaerilyss gasped, throwing her wings out to her sides and hovering.  "Looks like a local!  Maybe they can tell me a little more about this place..."  She paused, sizing up the bigger dragon.  "Or mistake me for a snack.  Good thing my scales changed to be white right now, or I could have just lost the element of surprise.  Either way though, this creature is certainly worth a look."  Gracefully, she rolled into a nosedive and soared towards the ground.  A lone dead tree loomed just outside the cave.  Tearing her eyes away from the larger dragon, Zaerilyss focused her attention on a smaller black form creeping out from the shadows of the tree.  "A fury!"  Zaerilyss gasped in surprise.  Her eyes narrowed.  "Hey what's this dragon doing here?  Isn't this a bit too cold out here for furys? Maybe He's that other dragon's friend.  I mean, that fury is eyeing the cave.  Maybe I can talk to them."  Easing the speed of her fall, Zaerilyss swooped up and landed about fifty feet away from the tree, her white scales nearly making her appear invisible against the white of the snow.  Concentrating, her scales gradually melded to a more emerald color, making her stand out to the other dragon.  "Hello."She called as politely as she could.  "Do you live around here, And/or happen to know that fellow in the cave over there?"
Zaerilyss
Zaerilyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavierr Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:46 am

Xash continued to watch cautiously. It seemed the larger dragon had all but lost interest in him, having retreated back into his home. Well.... maybe Xash should try finding shelter. He wasn't exactly sure how he had found himself in this situation to begin with, but if he didn't find somewhere warm soon, he was worried he could die of hypothermia. It wasn't like his scales were going to keep him warm out in the middle of nowhere like this.

As Xasheski prepared to turn around, the sound of wingbeats caught his attention. He glanced up, and to his surprise, a new dragon had flown overhead, and was hovering above him. He heard it say hello, and he tensed up a bit.

"A... um.... H-hello..." he responded, painfully aware of how vibrant the new dragon's scales were, "N-no, I don't know that dragon." he answered awkwardly, "I'm... just looking for a place to rest."
Xavierr
Xavierr

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaerilyss Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Zaerilyss nods her head understandingly.  "That's understandable.  It's pretty cold out here for someone who's not used to it.  Unfortunately though, it looks like that cave is the only shelter from the winds for quite a while."  Zaerilyss turns and gazes at the larger dragon again.  "He doesn't look too territorial.  Perhaps even lonely out here all alone on the tundra.  Maybe he'd let you come inside and rest a bit in return for someone to converse with.  I think I'll say something.  A loner out in the tundra could be quite an interesting individual to talk to."  Zaerilyss turns towards the cave, and takes a step towards the bigger dragon.  She pauses, and turns to look back at the night fury.  "c'mon."  She adds, with a gesture towards the cave.
Zaerilyss
Zaerilyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavierr Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:17 am

Xash stared skeptically at the dragon. It wasn't like she was very big. No, she was still quite small compared to the larger rogue. But at least she was bigger than Xash was, which made him slightly more comfortable. Hesitantly, he decided to follow. Maybe this dragoness had some idea of how to handle potential threats? And.... well, after all, she did seem to be calm and composed. And now that he thought about it, the rogue hadn't really shown any signs of aggression, either. Maybe he was freaking out about nothing.
Xavierr
Xavierr

Back to top Go down

Post by Arctic Kaiju Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Icolock was still not looking at the floor of his cave he had yet to notice the small dragons beginning to enter his cave. He too kind of thought he overreacted a little, but still didn't want to push inviting the dragon in his cave and risking making them even more scared.

Sent from Topic'it App
Arctic Kaiju
Arctic Kaiju

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaerilyss Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:00 am

Zaerilyss could see the apprehension reflected in the night fury's glowing eyes.  "Ugh, of course.  Where are my manners?"Zaer sighed turning back toward the night fury."Name's Zaerilyss; adventurer of the Gaiyan forest.  Don't worry, I'm not just blindly charging in.  I'm an experienced adventurer, as you can probably tell seeing as how I haven't been crushed in a trap or eaten by some terrible beast."  Calmly she turns back towards the cave and motions for the night fury to follow with her tail.  "Now I suppose the question is, who might you be?"
Zaerilyss
Zaerilyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Xavierr Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:22 pm

"Uh... the name's Xasheski." the night fury said nervously, still keeping a watchful eye on the larger dragon. He couldn't quite explain it, but for some reason, even though this brightly colored dragon was not a whole lot bigger than he was, he felt slightly better with them there. Who knows. Maybe it was because this dragoness spoke with a tone that seemed to convey a sense of understanding what it was she was doing. She clearly seemed competent in something.

Xasheski made sure to stay close to the dragoness as they began to enter the larger dragon's cave...
Xavierr
Xavierr

Back to top Go down

Post by Arctic Kaiju Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Icolock was lying in what some would call a gallery of nine ice sculptures. The 8 other alien beasts and his brother in the center of the room. He was facing the enterance of the room just sulking. He could have sworn he heard another dragon fly by, but maybe he was just tired.
He was never really tired, he slept all day and walked very often. Oh well. Another day in solitude, big shock.
"When will you just get here so I can kill you? I know you're up there. I saw you before I was sent to this planet". He spoke to the statues.

Sent from Topic'it App
Arctic Kaiju
Arctic Kaiju

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next