Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Not To Be Taken For Granite (Private)

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Not To Be Taken For Granite (Private) - Page 2 Empty Not To Be Taken For Granite (Private)

Post by EmriTheUnstoppable Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cassius angrily strode down the halls of the Vuari palace with a gaggle of guards following him like flies on a week-old steak. It was at moments like these when he absolutely despised his rank. He couldn't go anywhere without Xiao, his personal guard, trailing him. And the few times he did manage to slip away, like he did yesterday, he always had to come back to face the music. For the love of the gods, all he did was visit a couple shops!

And now, Xiao had figured out that assigning these idiots to him was much more effective than simply lecturing him about the importance of her knowing where he was at all times. He marched into his study and slammed the door. Usually Xiao demanded to accompany him, but luckily for Cass, she was preoccupied with some special training today and the boneheads following him didn't think they needed to follow him into a dead end room. He debated teleporting away just to spite them, but instead he just stared out the window and lamented his situation.
EmriTheUnstoppable
EmriTheUnstoppable

Tribe : Ki'sha, Kaamil, Vuari & Xoya

Back to top Go down

Not To Be Taken For Granite (Private) - Page 2 Empty Re: Not To Be Taken For Granite (Private)

Post by Tharasis Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:25 am

" Indeed it is. " Tharasis softly said as he walked forward, taking in much more of the quietness and tranquillity of the gardens. He closed his eyes, and for a moment could faintly hear the sounds of a very young and joyful laughter of his son, and the happiness of both him and his mate.

" You and Xenithe always did everything here, from reading, painting, there was never a day that I would not catch you two here. " Tharasis remembered those memories of him walking out from a meeting, often tired or simply stressed. And the sight of his son and mate at the gardens always did put a soft smile on him.

" Me and Xenithe also sometimes sparred here together, or to meditate, or simply to just sit and be with eachother for a good while. "

He opened his eyes, a smile on his face as he turned his gaze towards cass. Only to find his eyes having just come through some form of change in apperance, and at first Tharasis wanted to ask if there was something wrong. Only for Cassius to next appear to have suddenly been inflicted with a headache.

" You okay there Cass? " He asked as he walked towards his son. But as just as suddenly as it came, it went away. And Tharasis could see that it did.

" What, Happened? " He asked, before something bright caught him by the edge of his eyes. And turning around he was both shocked for a moment and confused.

" Cassius... What? " He could see the images of his mate and son, and at certain points even himself. At first he was confused, but after a few seconds. His confusion turned into happiness, then joy. Then nostalgia.

He walked forward towards a small little Cassius and Shula. Play fighting together while he and his mate sat a few feet away. His wing draped over his mate. He could not fully remember this memory. But the feeling it truly did happen was there.

He felt his chest constrict for a moment, his spine tingled as he stood there. Watching a replay of their lives. He slowly sat on his hunches, and watched all the images move, play, laugh in front of him.

He could almost hear them. Hear their laughter, hear the joyous sounds of a baby Shula and a younger Cassius.

He was so into watching everything he did not bother nor did he notice his sons talking. Till eventually, it was his own chuckle that brought him back from his moment of past watching. And Tharasis slowly got up to walk beside him to the middle of the gardens.

He was silent for a moment, but if Cassius would take a moment to look at him. He'd find his father was smiling with a look that only Tharasis would have when he was truly happy and nothing but happy. It would be a while longer till eventually. The silence would be broken by Tharasis when he spoke soflty.

" You know... The day of your birth was a special moment in not only me and your mothers life. But this entire tribe as well. " He said softly. One of his front talons idly tapping the stone.

" You were not only the tribes prince, but a symbol of a new tribe. A better tribe, a symbol of a brighter future. "

" Back then, the civil war left the tribe without much. And me and Xenithe struggled in not only rebuilding a a tribe that has been burnt down in ashes, but also a crumbling hope within the people. And I... We... " Tharasis's eyes would have a watery look on them as he took a deep breath for a moment.

" The day you hatched was very. very special indeed. "
He softly spoke. Before turning to face his son, a soft smile on him.
Tharasis
Tharasis

Tribe : Vuari

Back to top Go down

Not To Be Taken For Granite (Private) - Page 2 Empty Re: Not To Be Taken For Granite (Private)

Post by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:44 am

"Memories, Father, they're memories. I..." Cassius ducked his head almost sheepishly as he cut off the flow of power to the reflections, watching them slowly fade and disperse on the breeze like a million fireflies on a summer evening. Of course he'd heard this story a million times before, but... Cassius could never truly shake off the feeling of guilt accompanying any thoughts of his past. If he'd truly been such a shining star to the rest of the Vuari; it must have been quite a shock to see that shining star struck down by his own hubris. To see someone so highly thought of cripple himself for life, and render his magic unstable to the point of being dangerous. Of course, most didn't know the full extent of the damage; but that didn't stop the rumors from circulating and the vultures from circling.

That was part of the reason why he'd so swiftly waived his rights to the throne when Shula had hatched; but no matter what he did, what he invented, whatever magic he wove, he always felt like it wasn't enough. Like he had to go farther, work harder, do more; just to breakeven, to make up for his accident. Of course he tried to tell himself that it was nonsense, that no one thought of it that way except for himself, but the mind is a fickle thing. Something just as inclined to blame as it is to pride. And you never know which way the pendulum swings until it's too late...

The look on Cass's face during all that could easily be taken for the flushed uncertainty that most get when their parents start talking about how proud they are. Something seemingly further supported by Cassius pausing and standing, as if uncomfortable with the thought of being... Something more than himself. "Well, we'd best get going then, if we wish to make it to the caves on time that is. Some of my instruments were predicting rain; but it shouldn't be much more than an hour's flight or so, if we leave now we should be able to stay dry." He said, leaping into the air and circling a couple times to wait for Tharasis before heading off in an easterly direction.

Cass had to check his map a couple times, but other than that the trip would go rather smoothly. Brilliant blue skies, a helpful breeze popping up about half an hour in and speeding them up considerably. All told, the conditions were nearly perfect and they made good time because of them. Of course, there was the small matter of the large thunderheads brewing to the south, but Cassius's estimate that they'd arrive before the storm seemed to be holding true. Especially as a large clearing slowly became visible along the mountainside, Cassius checked the map again, before carefully folding it up and sliding it back into a pocket on his bag, "This is it!" He shouted back to Tharasis; circling once, twice, three times before coming in for a neat landing in the grass-less space, making a slight face as he realized that dirt would likely become sticky mud after the storm.

"Well, here we are..." Cass said, looking around curiously. The large open space had a couple long overgrown piles of junk, long-since rotted shells of wooden shacks and buildings, and several overturned minecarts; but other than that the space was remarkably clean. Something especially odd from a former mining operation. The entrance to the Ý'mmr Caverns would be fairly obvious, a wide sandstone cave opening, the entrance smoothed over by the tread of numerous draconiformes over the course of the past century or so. There was, of course, evidence of exploration: a pile of lanterns and helmets, a small newly built shed to presumably hold the perishables that the explorers didn't want to be exposed to the elements. But, for the moment at least, they were alone.
EmriTheUnstoppable
EmriTheUnstoppable

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:13 am

Tharasis could only stand still when his son stopped, what he assumed was his casting of the images. And could only utter a faint sound of awe, watching all the images. Come apart into millions of speckles and bright dust. Carried away by the wind as it all faded away from them.

Leaving them, for a moment. With silence as the only sound that could be heard now was of the winds soft breeze. And Tharasis would look to his son, and for a moment he thought he was going to say something. But at his silence, and apparent look of being in deep thought. Kept the drake from braking the silence.

In his head he had an idea of what he was thinking. And it saddened him deeply with how Cassius, for all his worth, abilities, capabilities, and potential. Would still see himself as unworthy of being the king. Having wavered his rights to his sister when she hatched.

Tharasis did not know what went through his mind when he made that decision. But in the end, Tharasis and Xenithe chose to accept his wishes.

He still had a promising future, and Tharasis was certain, without a doubt. That to many Vuarian dragons, Cassius is still that symbol of a bright future. Tharasis just wished Cassius could see it for himself.

When Tharasis was finally going to brake the silence, his son beaten him to it. And even after he spoke Tharasis  wasn't given a second to say anything as Cassius took off into the air. circling above him. Waiting for Tharasis to fly up to join him.

He sighed softly. Before he took off aswell, gaining altitude within seconds till he was with his son in the skies. Then they were off. Flying to go to their destination.

Arriving at the mine. Tharasis came down with his son to the ground. Landing gently as he felt the grass, then dirt. And looking around it looks like there was not much activity here in a while.

But what caught his attention was the apparent sign that *some* activities had been happening, and Tharasis walked up to one of those sheds to check. There was not much in it. Just some simply and basic survival gear and rope. Lots and lots of rope.

" This is... Odd. " Tharasis took a moment to see if they could get any sort of evidence that shows just how long this shed had been here.

" Mines were often designated as off limit zones when they are abandoned. So... Unless... No. " Tharasis hummed, before turning to his son. His voice carrying a hint of suspicion as he spoke.

" Either, the tribe has sent another exploration group here to see if they can find more ore veins... Or a rouge, maybe even a group of rouges came here. " Tharasis's voice did not sound to fondly at the latter part.

" I doubt they would stay for long. But be vigilant Cass, were far from any other dragons. "
Tharasis
Tharasis

Back to top Go down

Post by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:41 pm

Cassius was quiet for a moment, closing his eyes and trying to sense any sort of living or magical presence in the clearing other than the two of them. But, even after extending his senses, he sensed nothing other than the usual plant and animal life one would expect to find in such an area. Curiously though, his senses couldn't penetrate through the rough limestone as he would have expected them to. "Huh." Of course, thick materials such as stone were naturally resistant to such abilities designed to peer beyond the veil; but Cassius hit a metaphysical brick wall. He couldn't even look down the tunnel! It was like the tunnel system just didn't exist; but, after chucking a tiny pebble into the cave opening, that notion was quickly dispelled.

"Hmm..." He only just then caught the end of his father's comments, "Oh, yes, yes; of course. The geographical study I had delivered last month, the same one I traced this map from back at the palace, gained it's information from a survey conducted about 7 years and 4 months ago. Although-" he nudged the pile of rusted tools, "I can't say they were particularly neat about it. However, I would have expected geologists and other scholars to have more respect for their environment. So, perhaps, there have been explorers other than the scholars here. In which case, you're correct Father; a little caution wouldn't be uncalled for in this."

Cassius quietly hummed to himself as he joined his father next to the newer shed, peering into the darkened space and seeing the rope. "Father.. Something is off about the cave. I can't detect anything inside it, usually there's a little resistance, but this time it's as if there's nothing to see. Something about it is just resistant to magic, so be careful. Magic may act strangely in there..." To prove his point, Cass summoned a small globe of golden light, harmless, but useful. As he sent the globe forward into the mouth of the cave, it began to stretch and distort, flickering from the nice warm glow to a bright purple; it revealed what, at a glance, seemed to be the start of a long, winding tunnel that curved ever downward.
EmriTheUnstoppable
EmriTheUnstoppable

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:35 am

Tharasis continued to ponder, until he heard his sons response to his comment. And looking at him after hearing what he had to say made him nod at his words.

They don't know what could be down there, and the evidence they had just found was enough to convince them that there had been someone, or maybe more that had recently been here.

When they walked back to the entrance, he watched as his son conjured a small ball of bright light, sending it forward into the mine. And as Tharasis looked into the cave he could see the ball illuminate its dark path. But the sight of it beginning to act odd and even distort it to the point that its warm glow turned into a bright purple.

" Hmm. This is... interesting. " He said mostly to himself, but was loud enough that Cass would also hear it.

" Right. Lets see if we can find the cause for this... oddity. " He then walked past the entrance. And into the cave. Tharasis was fairly competent in his and his sons abilities and strengths.

And if there was, truly something down there that can be of threat to them. Tharasis was sure they can take it on.
Tharasis
Tharasis

Back to top Go down

Post by EmriTheUnstoppable Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:01 pm

Cassius nodded, cautiously following his father farther into the cave system and, with a quick snap, summoned the oddly colored light orb towards the front to light the way down the tunnel. The tunnel itself looked to be hand-carved, the walls rough and the floors a bit less so due to the foot travel of the miners, explorers, and who knows what other creatures and individuals that have made their way down through this tunnel. Downward, and downward, and downward... All the while paying attention to the fluctuating light orb in front of them.

"So..." Cassius looked to Tharasis under the purple glow of the orb, "Why now? No- That didn't come out right.." He collected his thoughts for a moment before trying again, "..You're not wrong, it's been awhile since we did anything like-" He gestured vaguely around them, "This. Is there.. A reason? Behind all this? Not that I'm not enjoying it, not at all! I'm just, curious, I suppose" Of course it wasn't that he was neglected by any means, but it had certainly been a while since they had last spent time together like this. And Cassius couldn't help wondering if there was a particular reason for this voyage all of a sudden.
EmriTheUnstoppable
EmriTheUnstoppable

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:53 am

Tharasis halted at his sons words. They had been going down for a few minites now... They should have reached the mines main complex.

" Hmm? " he hummed as he turned to his son. And when he spoke again, he listened. And when he heard what his son had to say he stayed silent for a moment.

" Well... " he seemed to look away for a moment, thinking to himself how he should put his thoughts to words.

" It has been quite a while. Since you know... We bonded, and I guess... I wanted to take this... "
" Opportunity to do something interesting with you. Its not everyday that I find myself not being needed in the throne. Even less if I find myself having a full day of freedom to do anything. " He paused, before looking at his son again, a soft but hopeful smile.

" If... you don't want to continue... w-we can do something else. " Tharasis's voice was soft, yet even Cass would know he felt a little sad. Tharasis the type of dragon to show his emotions in his tone and voice. And he really felt a little guilty that he and his family haven't been spending much time to bond together.

Maybe he was doing it was just because he needed to feel like he was redeeming himself. Or perhaps he wanted to show to Cass that he cared very much about them, and that he always wanted to put them first above all else. So instead of resting this entire day, he'd much rather spend it doing something with his son.
Tharasis
Tharasis

Back to top Go down

Post by EmriTheUnstoppable Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:16 pm

When Tharasis stopped, Cassius did as well, pulling the light orb closer so they could still see each other. Once his father explained, Cassius immediately felt guilty for asking. Of course there wasn't a second reason for it. What did he think this was, court politics? He shouldn't let his focus slip like that; this was his Father they were talking about, not some double talking official.

"No no! I love it, I mean look around! Not only are we in a cave, but we're inside a piece of Vuarish history! Decades ago, there miners working and chipping away at the very stone beneath our feet!" He gestured wildly around them before stopping and hesitating, "I just.. Didn't know whether you would rather be somewhere else. Doing something else; with someone else."

Cassius had never really been one to express himself openly, or really at all. But he was strongly opposed to being a burden or a hassle in any way. And if Tharasis wanted to, or needed to, do something else, then Cassius didn't want to hold him back from that. Deep, deep down inside, Cassius really wanted to keep going and just enjoy their time together; but if Tharasis felt differently...
EmriTheUnstoppable
EmriTheUnstoppable

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:22 am

Tharasis chuckled softly at his sons words. sighing, before looking at his son with a gentle soft smile. A hand raising to pat his sons back. He knew he was not the type to be very expressive. So The father wanted his son to know that everything is alright.

" Cassius. I would not put anything in front of you. Or our family. And while free time can be a fickle thing for your father. " There would a short pause, as his blue eyes would gaze at his. A gentle gleam of reassurance meeting his sons eyes.

" He will always try to find time for you all. " He smiled. letting his hand go back to the ground as he looked at Cass with the loving gaze a father would always have for his family. There was no doubt, that Tharasis truly loved them all.

" Come on now. lets get back to exploring, we don't have all day. " he said. looking back to where they were going.
Tharasis
Tharasis

Back to top Go down

Post by EmriTheUnstoppable Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:37 pm

"I-" Cassius knew his father would say something along those lines; no matter what sort of disaster or mistake Cassius made, his family had always forgiven him. Oh of course there was sometimes anger, usually coupled with some sort of new restrictions or guidelines, but it almost always blew over eventually. No punishment, however, could match the power of Cassius's shame and lingering guilt. Even if his family had forgiven him, he likely wouldn't forgive himself for a very long time...

"Okay.. Okay. Right. I- I know. Right! Let's, uh, let's keep going then!" Cassius threw on a smile and started trotting forward again, awkwardly trying to make up the lost time.

The mine... Was deep. Unusually so. They must have gone down at least 200ft before the main cavern came into view; the sound of rushing and crashing water making itself known while they were still a decent ways away. The main cavern, upon entry, was divided in two by a small, but fast, underground river. It poured out of an opening near the top of the ceiling, cascaded down the wall, across the floor, and plummeted off the side of the cliff; apparently this "cavern" was more like a wide ledge than a proper chamber. The spray of the water glittered on the rocky ground around the river in the weird like of Cass's light orb; almost like tiny flecks of diamond that ran into each other until they grew large enough to trickle down the rocks in a little stream of sparkling water. There was a bridge over the almost dangerously fast river, short, stout, but functional.

Though it appeared slick with some sort of slimy algae from the constant exposure to the river; the bridge still appeared mostly intact, although the same couldn't be said for the badly rusted minecart rails leading over the bridge and splitting off into the different tunnels. And many tunnels there were!! There were 2 obviously hand-carved tunnels on the side where Thar & Cass emerged, 4 on the opposite side of the bridge, and the vertical plunge off the side of the cliff where the river disappeared to. Additionally, there appeared to be some sort of half rotted wooden structure on the other side of the river as well.
EmriTheUnstoppable
EmriTheUnstoppable

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:01 am

The two drakes further progression deep into the mine eventually led them to this chamber of a room. Its walls rough and scratched, markings left on its surface by the many picks that had struck it long ago. Though abandoned, it still felt as though if this mine had just been finished, and the workers that toiled here have moved on. Leaving only rubble, support beams, and railings as a sign that someone was once here.

" Well, would you look at that. "

The sounds of distant water cascading down into an unknown darkness below was what caught Tharasis. Thanks to Cass's illuminating ball of light, alongside Tharasis's own light. The chamber was given a soft bathing shine of neon blue. The water clearly reflecting its lights like glass. Looking above them, Tharasis could see some cobwebs, a sign that nature had moved back into this once active area. The spiders, some big, some small. Go about their doings, while others seemed to have reacted to their light source by hiding into crevices that were in the walls.

The blue drake continued to walk, this time turning his attention to the worn bridge that allowed the crossing between the small little river. Its old, and darkened wood. Was textured by the many scratches and scrapes, either by claw, or metal. This bridge looked like it was used pretty heavily often during its service. And while it still continues to do so. Even after its creators and users long since abandon it. It still shows the perseverance of the woods endurance, just like how it was once trusted with keeping together while carts and dragons carrying heavy loads moved over it. It shall still continue retain and uphold its original purpose, be it to cave explorers, or perhaps new miners and or other cave dwelling creatures.

" Looks like this thing still holds up fine. " Tharasis put his hand down firmly on the bridge, testing to make sure it would hold up under their weight.

Upon moving pass the bridge. The two would then find themselves looking at 4 tunnels, each one branching into the lower parts of this mine. Old, and rusted rails formed lines that came out from each one tunnel. All looked interesting to check out, maybe 2 of the 4 tunnels would cross paths with one another, maybe 2 would lead to the same next chamber or possibly even a new cavern.

" Well, which tunnel should we go into first? " The large drake asked his son.
Tharasis
Tharasis

Back to top Go down

Post by EmriTheUnstoppable Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:28 pm

For a full 10 seconds or so, Cassius was too preoccupied with staring around the cavern to respond. After another couple moments, he shook himself out of his trance, pulled out a notebook, and began sketching the scene before the two royals, "Oh! Ah- Yes! Give me- a mooooment.." He quickly finished up the simple sketch, tucking it away into his bag, and pulled out the map he had traced in his laboratory earlier, before the two had left. Squinting at it, he spun from his left side to his right, trying to match up the physical tunnels to the tunnels on his map in the blue-purple light from both light sources.

"Well... It looks like these head deeper into the mines, more mineshafts to follow the stone vein," he pointed to the two on the side of the river they came from, then turned towards the cliff, "That apparently flows down to something called 'The Mortal Garden'," He then turned back to the 4 tunnels that they had crossed the river to see, "Those two weren't labeled, that one heads towards a cavern labeled 'Base of Operations', if you're interested in the historical aspect of the mine, and the last one-" He hesitated, looking towards one of the center tunnels, "It's.. Not on the map... I don't know if it was made after the expedition team explored it, or maybe it's a burrowing creature's tunnel..? Either way, it's not on the map, and I have no idea where it leads to." He frowned, glancing back up to his father from his hastily scribbled map, "Thoughts?"
EmriTheUnstoppable
EmriTheUnstoppable

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:59 am

Tharasis looks at his son and nods as he scribbles something on his notebook. Waiting for him to finish before he finally came to his side. When he began to spoke about this room, or in this case. An entrance towards a large underground network. Tharasis hummed at his sons observation and words.

He turned to look at his son, before turning again to face towards the "un mapped" tunnel.

" Well, if it was a burrowing creature then we will be able to add a new creature to the books of creatures that live in the Vuari high lands. I doubt that such a creature capable of carving such a large hole would exist. "

He went up towards the mouth of the tunnel, placing a talon on one of the walls surfaces. It felt rough, scratched, a sand paper like feeling. Most likely carved either by blade or pick.

" You want to go through here? We can always backtrack if we need to. " he said to Cass, eyes staring into the unknown tunnel. Wondering where too would it lead, most likely another chamber in this large web of rooms and tunnels.
Tharasis
Tharasis

Back to top Go down

Post by EmriTheUnstoppable Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:21 am

Cassius just watched as his father approached the mystery tunnel, somewhat skittishly staying behind Tharasis in case something charged out of the tunnel. Cassius... He was not built for a physical fight. He was a scholar, not a gladiator! But in any case, after waiting a short time to make sure it was safe of course, he peeked around his father's bulk to take a look at the tunnel walls for himself. "Mmm.." Rough, scratched up- Cassius, well, he'd read about pickaxes and other mining tools, but he'd never actually wielded one himself. "It- It could be one of the feral ice wyrms? The ones in the Icello Region?" But, from the looks of it- "No, no, no, no, no- You're probably right."

He dismissed himself almost immediately, sighing slightly; Tharasis was probably right... Cassius's imagination was a wild thing, so Cass had no doubt that his imagination could conjure up wild theories of ice wyrms and other boogeymen based on the physical evidence he saw, especially if he wanted an adventure badly enough. It was part of what made him an excellent inventor, but here- Here it was just bothersome.

"But- either way-" He glanced up towards his father from his position partially beneath one of Tharasis's wings, "I..... I'll admit to being curious of you are- But then again the Garden sounds interesting.. And there's the main cavern to explore as well- Hrrnngnrmrnrrg-" The little light orb Cass had summoned at the beginning flickered and went out, but only for a moment as Cassius growled something unintelligible under his breath and snapped the orb back into existence. This time, for some reason, it kept its usual golden hue and stayed stable. Maybe it had just been something at the entrance? Curious. But anyways- Cassius was not great at making decisions like these, and after that VERY embarrassing scene a few minutes ago, he wanted to do what he could to distract Tharasis from any possible thoughts of Cassius still needing help with everything like a little kid.

"Whaaaat if we check this one out now, then come back and check out a couple more before we have to head back?" Cass asked hopefully, reaching out to touch the tunnel again. "That way- if it's dangerous- we can probably hopefully maybe fix it and still have time to explore a bit more?"

Last edited by EmriTheUnstoppable on Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
EmriTheUnstoppable
EmriTheUnstoppable

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:44 pm

Tharasis could feel his son ever so slightly try and slip under his wing. Then instead moving completely behind him as if he was some sort of shield. Tharasis could not help but sigh a little, Cassius should know better by now.Though Tharasis had more mastery over his abilities, alongside him being a particularly large drake. Cass had the magical capabilities to be able to sufficiently defend himself, and he was no longer a small hatchling. And Tharasis wanted to remind him of that, but before the large drake could utter a word his son already was talking about the tunnel.

" Cassius, you should know by now you need not hide behind me whenever were facing something odd. You are more than capable of standing your ground at whatever tries to do harm. " Tharasis said to him.

" And how would a dragoness take shelter in you, if you cant even fend for yourself. " he spoke more jokingly at this sentence, poking a sarcastic jab at his son to ever so gently remind him that he should ready himself when the time comes for him to find his mate.

As the large drake looked back at the tunnel, and to his son. He became a little more interested at that garden.

" Maybe the gardens is good enough, it should hopefully be large enough for us to explore. And maybe well find an exit of light just in case. " He said to Cass as he turned towards the flowing river of water that came down.
Tharasis
Tharasis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next