Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Not To Be Taken For Granite (Private)

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Not To Be Taken For Granite (Private) - Page 3 Empty Not To Be Taken For Granite (Private)

Post by EmriTheUnstoppable Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cassius angrily strode down the halls of the Vuari palace with a gaggle of guards following him like flies on a week-old steak. It was at moments like these when he absolutely despised his rank. He couldn't go anywhere without Xiao, his personal guard, trailing him. And the few times he did manage to slip away, like he did yesterday, he always had to come back to face the music. For the love of the gods, all he did was visit a couple shops!

And now, Xiao had figured out that assigning these idiots to him was much more effective than simply lecturing him about the importance of her knowing where he was at all times. He marched into his study and slammed the door. Usually Xiao demanded to accompany him, but luckily for Cass, she was preoccupied with some special training today and the boneheads following him didn't think they needed to follow him into a dead end room. He debated teleporting away just to spite them, but instead he just stared out the window and lamented his situation.
EmriTheUnstoppable
EmriTheUnstoppable

Tribe : Ki'sha, Kaamil, Vuari & Xoya

Back to top Go down

Not To Be Taken For Granite (Private) - Page 3 Empty Re: Not To Be Taken For Granite (Private)

Post by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:50 pm

Cassius prickled somewhat at the not-so-veiled comments, frowning up at his father. "I'm not a coward Father," he replied, looking a bit miffed, "It was simply the most logical move! You're larger and more heavily armored than I am!! Meaning if something burst out at us like some sort of hideous death monster, then I would still be free to be support from behind. I- I'm not a fighter! ...Or a lover, really. I'm a scholar. That's- It's a whole different area of expertise!"

At the second comment, Cassius paused for a moment. "There- I'm pretty sure any dragoness who tried to 'take shelter in me' would be doomed, Father-" He sidestepped and smiled, faintly amused and further poking at his, ah- physical deficit, to put it gently. "Besides, I'm pretty sure some of the dragonesses I've seen could break me in half like a toothpick if they wanted to. Truth is, I'm not going to be anyone's 'knight in shining armor', so I honestly don't see the point of trying to be something I'm not. Of course I'll be as kind and courteous as possible, but- If they're looking for someone strong, then I'm afraid they're looking for it in the wrong dragon."

Cass trotted away from the mystery tunnel, following Tharasis over to the edge of the cliff where the waterfall disappeared into the inky blackness below them. "If you're sure! Who knows, maybe we'll find some new plant species to bring back for Mother and Jin to experiment with!" He exclaimed excitedly, peering over the edge and into the black.

After a moment, he took a step back before leaping forward into the void. "Race you to the bottom!!" He called back, rapidly spiraling ever deeper into the pit as the waterfall crashed and roared downwards next to him as well.
EmriTheUnstoppable
EmriTheUnstoppable

Tribe : Ki'sha, Kaamil, Vuari & Xoya

Back to top Go down

Not To Be Taken For Granite (Private) - Page 3 Empty Re: Not To Be Taken For Granite (Private)

Post by Tharasis Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:06 pm

At his sons words, Tharasis would pause. Watching his son move away from behind him, eventually side stepping back to his side. And Tharasis and him walked towards the cliffs edge, looking down to where the water flowed into a dark abyss of blackness. The only thing that gave them a clue as to how deep it went down was the faint sound of water splashing below.

Tharasis would look to his son, a gentle look on his eyes as he reached a hand to pat him on his back.

"Don't speak of yourself like that Cassius, I know for a *fact*." Tharasis emphasized by giving him a look that would convey him having great confidence in his words.

"That you are more than what you claim yourself to be as. Your still so young, you have yet to achieve your full potential." He took his arm gently, feeling his slim yet with slight muscle. He raised his own arm to compare it to his son.

"See? Now I am not saying you'll be looking exactly like me, but I know if I can look like this after a hundred years. Then I am most sure that you will look the same, if not even better." He would let go of his soft grasp, letting Cassius have his arm back, there would be a slight pause as he would look in front. Cassius, if he would look up to his father would see him with a somewhat indifferent look. Most likely he was deep in thought.

"You know... You remind me of myself at times. When me and your mother just met and were getting to know one another. I had mostly your build, slim. But with good muscle, I was a little skittish. And though I was scared by a lot of things, it was my own curiosity that pushed me to keep going. And perhaps that was one of the main reasons I've met your mother." There would be again, a light pause. Before Cassius would hear Tharasis chuckle softly.

"Would you believe me if I said the most scariest moment of my life was talking to your grandfather?" Thar chuckled once more.

"You should have seen my face when I met him, back then he absolutely towered over me. And, just like you. I also thought he could easily snap me in two. To think of the things I was able to accomplish when I was your age, I carved a a humble home in a cave, I fought other rouges together with your mother when we were attacked, and of course, that fateful day I asked your grandfather for his blessings in me and Xenithes mateship. All of those challenges took great determination, and strength. Challenges that you could find yourself being in."

"I know those accomplishments may be dwarfed at by my accomplishments as the ruler of the Vuari. But back then I never even imagined myself becoming a tribe leader, much less seeing myself participate in an important role in the reconstruction of the Vuari." He'd pause once more. Letting his son take in his words, before he'd turn to give him a soft smile.

"If I could do those things, then I think you can achieve just the same things. I believe you can do even better, with your gift of magic, the blessings of a good heart and a straight mind, a big loving family, and an entire tribe to support you... Then what is stopping you from being that strong dragon, that knight... Be the knight of your tribe, of your mate, of your family." he put a hand on his sons shoulder.

"But most importantly, be the strong knight of yourself." He said softly. before letting go and looking back out into the vast void of this cavern. Tharasis waited for his son to say something, if he had any words to say. But after a while, and when his son said his words. And eventually challenged him to a friendly race down. Tharasis was more than happy to take up his challenge.

Watching his son leap forward to dive down he quickly followed suit. "Challenge accepted! But you do know this is an unfair start?" He called out jokingly, knowing his son not only has an early start. But also has the aerial agility and speed of his mother. But none the less, he was enjoying this with his son.
Tharasis
Tharasis

Tribe : Vuari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3