Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Character Application for Pandora

3 posters

Go down

Character Application for Pandora Empty Character Application for Pandora

Post by Iris, The Infested Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:18 am

Personality and the Basics

Name: Pandora
Pronunciation: Pan-Door-ah
Type: Aquatic Western
Species: Hydro-Lyamha
Date of Birth: September 21st

Personality: Pandora is one the most friendly dragons you’ll meet. As long as you don't catch her in a bad mood. Pandora tends to give off those ‘Chaotic’ Vibes but is very social, and will warm up to you after awhile. Despite being Mostly blind, she loves to sometimes come to the top of the ocean and just- pop up nearby someone, and say hello. She’s very funny and loves to crack jokes, or try to anyway, most times she just fails and makes a fool out of herself. Either way her mood does usually stay the same for the most part. Just don't make her mad. Just don't. It's a warning. Her bad side/angry side usually is accompanied by lots and lots of curses, (I won't really do any, if anything I’ll just make some up for her) lots and lots of water, and maybe if you’re on a boat, your boat will move a bunch.

And her other moods which come and go like her being flirty, or her being a Mean person and being rude in general. However going more in depth with her more chaotic mood, where she is very unpredictable, and can essentially lead into any other mood of hers, it can lead her into her hyper mood where she just is crazy. Bouncing off the walls, talking Extremely fast. Maybe if she thought about it, she might try rapping, not that she would. Her Chaotic personality really is a wildcard more than anything.

Pandora also Can be envious, and Jealous of others, mainly this comes from being able to only go on land for a fairly short amount of time. In this mood Pandora is more prone to snap, and is considered part of her bad side, she does sometimes try to lessen it on her friends, since she cares about how she treats them as well.

In tight Situations Pandora will panic, although she attempts to think straight, most times failing to actually do much. It's something she’s been working on trying to get better at. In situations where she had been hunted for being as exotic as they come she is a quick thinking and sharp witted dragoness.
Hobbies: Aside from quizzing herself on things, she loves to explore the ocean, often meeting new dragons along the way. She absolutely loves to do riddles and will eat them up and spit them out. She also tends to collect rocks off the seafloor.

Likes: Pandora Loves other lifeforms, she loves proding other things to see what happens. She is totally into science related things. She loves Hatchlings and baby animals of all kinds, and eventually wants her own hatchlings. She loves to do riddles as previously stated. She loves to explore, driven by her also inquisitive nature. She loves others that are charming, kind, thoughtful, flirty, inquisitive, trustworthy, willing to defend her.

Dislikes: Pandora does NOT like a lot of things. For one, she hates being constantly annoyed or bugged, She doesn't like other things getting into her business. She doesn't like people that are downright annoying, not trustworthy, ugly (i mean in terms of personality), lazy. She also for some reason doesn't like actually speaking, like orally speaking, not using Aquatic.

Fears: She has one big fear, that when she eventually does have a hatchling, she won't be able to protect it if hunters come for it. She’s also scared of anything too hot.

Quote: “So you like to Tango? I know how to tango too, except I use weapons.”

Origin, Culture, and Family

Place of Origin: She was born Deep under the sea, Her mother and Father kept her in a little cave that was half water, half air.
Tribe: She’s rogue for now.
Position: She’s more so essentially an explorer.
Language: Pandora knows Universal, but prefers not to use it.. She also knows Aquatic, and mainly uses Aquatic with other Sea dragons or just other dragons.
Home: She lives far from any sort of civilization, and actually lives in a giant chasm on the bottom of the Ocean, where there is plenty of food above her. She just lives in the hadalpelagic zone. But in order to find food she has to traverse upwards.
Parents: She was raised by Relia (Mother) and Whirlsong (Father)
Siblings: Her other siblings are deceased, they were not able to survive the immense pressure that comes from the bottom of the Ocean. She had 2 other siblings, Her Brother Chalice, and her Sister Seline.
Relatives:
Mate: Currently no, but is available
Offspring: No
History:

Crack!
The eggs rolled around, before the two dragons, they sat in a cave.
“Look! They’re hatching!”
The female of the two said, her eyes bright with excitement. She had been waiting for this moment, to finally be a mother to 3 gorgeous dragonets.
Crack!
Part of one the eggs popped off, revealing a dark green Dragon, she stumbled a moment, as she got out of her egg. Something was wrong, she didn't seem healthy, and within a few moments of her coming out she flopped to the ground, limp, twitching. The two parents looked horrified, they scooped her up, holding her between the two. Cold, She was gone, their 1st of 3 eggs had hatched sickly. The 2nd hatched shortly after with the same side effects, they were worried, what about the last egg? Would she be ok?

The last egg popped up, a head peeking out of the top, a gorgeous color of green blue decorated her scales, she meeped curiously, she looked different then the other two, aside from not having the same side effects, she was much more durable looking. More… weird looking too. Her eyes were not fully developed, and had a film over them, and as she flopped out of the egg, and scrambled up, looking at the two as if she could see them, she looked at her sister and brother, who were- both gone. She was the only one who survived hatching, and she didn't know it. She didn't get a chance to do anything before she was scooped up and hugged fiercely, only squirming around and meeping as she was hugged by her mother, her father just watching.

---
Years later
---

She Swam in the darkness, even though she really couldn't see.. She enjoyed it. It was something she did often, her parents wouldn't let her stay outside for too long, she still hadn't grown completely to accommodate the pressure, she could withstand it for a period right now, as she still had not reached adulthood, until she could withstand the pressure she grew up in a small lake in the cave that was in their cave, then once she was able to, she went out into the ocean.

---
Age - 25
---

She propelled into the deep abyss, free from the constraints of the pressure that the Ocean exerted on her, free to roam. And it felt so... good. Free to explore, to feel the rushing of water against her scales, the smells of the aquatic wildlife, which was abundant. It just… felt liberating. She had not been to the surface however, so she also wondered what it was like, maybe that would be something she would do. Maybe right now, she thought, looking upwards, to the eventual surface. And shot upwards, determined to see what it was like, eventually she noticed something, she could… see? Not in the normal way she could, plus.. She could glow, how she didnt know, but it was fascinating, intriguing to her as she had lived her life mostly in darkness. She continued upwards, she started to glow brighter, and her eyes slowly could see more, she didn't understand it, nothing made sense, it made her world feel like it was upside down. Until it was so bright that sometimes she had to squint until she got used to it. And then…

Splash!

Immediately she dipped her head back under the water, the worst feeling had just overcome her, a choking feeling, she coughed and coughed as she tried it again, breaching the surface of the water, and trying her best to ignore the choking feeling, before she dipped back under and coughed uncontrollably. Once she had stopped, she tried yet again, this time things went a bit better, her coughing was slowly disappearing, and she felt… heavy, in the water she didn't, she didn't understand, observing her arm as it glimmered in the Sunlight, dripping water off of it. She turned to look around as she dropped her hand back into the water, and splashed herself. As she looked she saw land, and a bunch of ocean. She was awestruck, everything was so pretty! She could see her own color, and everything had a color to it, dipped back under the surface and made her way towards the land, she stayed there for a few minutes before heading back under into the Deep ocean.

Physical Appearance and Accessories

Height: Pandora is 26’2 ft tall
Length: Pandora is 51 ft long
Wingspan: Pandora has a wingspan of 77’8 ft.

Scale/Fur/Feathers: Pandora has the most gorgeous Blue-green Scales, which sparkle like diamonds in the sun. however are extremely Durable due to the Pressure that her habitat exerts on her, which is the Deep Ocean.
Eyes: They are a Cross between a Stormy Gray, and a Sunny Yellow

Accessories: Pandora does not have many accessories, simply because of where she lives again. She has a prized spear that she prefers to keep, she purchased it from a vendor before she left where she grew up, it was designed for durability, and has lasted thus far.

Horns/Spikes: Pandora has 2 long horns that protrude from her skull, making her scales ‘breakup’ around it, however they have more so grown to accommodate the horns. The horns are a deep shade of black, with a blue tint at the top. With what look like rings around them as they get smaller towards the end, they also slowly curve upwards, before suddenly turning out and down. She also has webbing that runs down her spine, which is a pale almost see-through blue, it runs all the way to about ¾ of her tail.

Overall Appearance: Pandora is by far one of the most interesting draconiforme you’ll meet appearance wise. She’s a deep blue and green colored dragoness whose eyes are only developed enough to allow a small bit of light into them, however most times she is not using them underwater, instead she uses Echolocation. Her claws are a shade of black and are tinted blue at the ends, much like her horns. Even though she is actually smaller than what she could be, she is still much larger than other Western Dragons. Pandora’s Build is more for speed, being more streamlined.

Abilities and Strengths

Abilities: Pandora has Several Abilities she can use to move around, or fight off combatants.

Echolocation:
- Name: Echolocation
- Brief description of what it does: This is a more passive thing, but she uses this to help her identify where prey or friends/foes are. This is basically her ‘Sight’ as she is more so blind from the lack of light that she grew up with, the only time she did not, was when she made trips to the surface, which also helped her eyes somewhat develop to allow her to see, but otherwise her eyesight is poor without good lighting. To Pandora, it looks like a white outline around making the shape of whatever it is that she sees. However When objects are too far away, Farther then atleast 500 feet infront of her, to her it looks like a blackness that pulls everything into it,

Glowing/bright lights: She moreso does not have complete control over this. The further from sunlight she gets, The more dimmer her lights get. So for example, if she was at the top of the Ocean, her lights would be at full brightness, and the further she gets from the sun the dimmer they get until she is at the bottom of the ocean, where she cant emit light at all. The only thing that makes her glow is the Sun, and other Glowy Dragons, although the latter is not as nearly as strong as the Sun. She can be out of sunlight for a few minutes before it eventually fades. (5-6 minutes)

Strengths: Pandora is unpredictable, While this can be a Strength, it can also be a weakness. It is a strength because opponents may not expect her to do a certain thing. Pandora’s Echolocation is a big strength because of how she doesn't need light to necessarily find her opponents/food. Pandora is an optimist. Her wits and her speed also are greatly beneficial to her, allowing her to move a bit faster (not by much) of the normal Dragon. With her scales being developed to accommodate the intensely high pressure of the Deep Ocean, its pretty easy to say she can effortlessly handle pressure changes.
Weaknesses: With Pandora being unpredictable, comes with downsides too. For one thing, she could snap at friends or family. Living deep under the ocean with no light has caused her to more so just be used to the darkness with this being said, without proper acclimation, sudden bright lights Will blind her. Pandora is physically not a very strong dragoness, she would rather use her mind to beat her opponents. Pandora absolutely is a mess when it comes to combat under pressure, she’ll sometimes fumble around trying to do something, and it has hurt her before (more is be revealed about this in RP) Pandora’s Sight is.. Less then ideal. While she isnt completely blind, it doesnt help her much. Pandora’s Mental attitude and sometimes her more mean side can cause her to snap at people that she meets.

Fighting Style: Pandora is more of a Strategic fighter, meaning she likes to stay back and figure out her next move, and if in combat usually improvises on the fly. She also prefers being ranged, as she is not the best with Hand-to-hand combat. She also tends to use a bunch of Attacks that utilize Water to her advantage. (those Attacks are listed here)

Water Crescent: Pandora uses her tail to move water in a crescent motion, making it speed up enough to hurt for sure, the downside is that she must stay in one place for this to be done. This has a range of 50 ft, sometimes goes to 70.

Water vortex: Pandora uses her speed and her understanding of water physics to make a Water Vortex (think of a Whirlpool) while it does keep most dragons out, it doesn't fully protect her from projectiles. Plus she usually needs a second person to help her do this. As big as she can make it, but if it’s just her doing it, its 25-50 ft wide, and long (the average is 35ft on both). Per additional body helping her, the size is (35)(2*# of additional people helping)

Magic: She cannot use magic, She has wanted to learn it, but has never found someone to teach her, or they say that she has no magical capabilities, which she doesnt think is true.

Last edited by Iris, The Infested on Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Iris, The Infested
Iris, The Infested

Tribe : i dont have any characters that fall under a Tribe

Back to top Go down

Character Application for Pandora Empty Re: Character Application for Pandora

Post by EmriTheUnstoppable Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:27 pm

Alright, so starting off- This is a really good app!! Like- I honestly don't see anything wrong with any of your lore stuff, which is- rare, to say the least, so thank you for reading all the lore and info!! Now, I would go through everything one-by one, but- yeah, there's r e a l l y nothing wrong with your lore that I can see, so I'll just skip to the Abilities and Strengths section-

Abilities and Strengths

Alright, so this is usually the section that requires the most changes, so don't feel bad!! There isn't even really that much to change, you honestly did really well with this too!!

Abilities: I'm gonna address these one at a time to keep it easy, but first, this template has basically everything I'm going to ask for!! It'll be included in the new character creation guide (which is almost ready for release!!) but for now I've gotta copy-paste it in places:

All abilities MUST include:
- Name:
- Brief description of what it does:
- Appearance (if applicable):
- Cooldown time (if applicable):
- Range (if applicable):
- Magnitude of impact (if applicable):

Echolocation: Alright, so the only thing I'm looking for here is a range, how far out is her range with her echolocation? /At what range does something become effectively "invisible" to Pandora?

Glowing lights: This looks good!! Just as clarification, does only sunlight make her glow, or can it be other light sources as well? (i.e. other glowy dragons, the moons, etc...) And how long does the glow last? Just as long as she's in the light?

Sight: Alright this one feels more like a weakness! The abilities section is for things that she can do biologically, not necessarily things that affect her.

As for the combat abilities, the water ones would probably go under her fighting style!! What I'd put in here to cover that would be something that explains she's got a strong tail that can be used to push water around, but abilities are biological in nature, so the specifics of what she does would go in fighting style I think.

Talons/Claws: That sounds like a strength as well! She's good at using her talons to fend off intruders, but there's nothing saying her talons are special in particular (they would be considered an ability if she had venomous claws or something like that!).

And- the rest of your app looks good! Just make sure to look over the changes I suggested, then you should be find. Ping me in Discord/bump your topic when edits are finished!!
EmriTheUnstoppable
EmriTheUnstoppable

Tribe : Ki'sha, Kaamil, Vuari & Xoya

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris, The Infested Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:28 pm

EmriTheUnstoppable wrote:Alright, so starting off- This is a really good app!! Like- I honestly don't see anything wrong with any of your lore stuff, which is- rare, to say the least, so thank you for reading all the lore and info!! Now, I would go through everything one-by one, but- yeah, there's r e a l l y nothing wrong with your lore that I can see, so I'll just skip to the Abilities and Strengths section-

Abilities and Strengths

Alright, so this is usually the section that requires the most changes, so don't feel bad!! There isn't even really that much to change, you honestly did really well with this too!!

Abilities: I'm gonna address these one at a time to keep it easy, but first, this template has basically everything I'm going to ask for!! It'll be included in the new character creation guide (which is almost ready for release!!) but for now I've gotta copy-paste it in places:

All abilities MUST include:
- Name:
- Brief description of what it does:
- Appearance (if applicable):
- Cooldown time (if applicable):
- Range (if applicable):
- Magnitude of impact (if applicable):

Echolocation: Alright, so the only thing I'm looking for here is a range, how far out is her range with her echolocation? /At what range does something become effectively "invisible" to Pandora?

Glowing lights: This looks good!! Just as clarification, does only sunlight make her glow, or can it be other light sources as well? (i.e. other glowy dragons, the moons, etc...) And how long does the glow last? Just as long as she's in the light?

Sight: Alright this one feels more like a weakness! The abilities section is for things that she can do biologically, not necessarily things that affect her.

As for the combat abilities, the water ones would probably go under her fighting style!! What I'd put in here to cover that would be something that explains she's got a strong tail that can be used to push water around, but abilities are biological in nature, so the specifics of what she does would go in fighting style I think.

Talons/Claws: That sounds like a strength as well! She's good at using her talons to fend off intruders, but there's nothing saying her talons are special in particular (they would be considered an ability if she had venomous claws or something like that!).

And- the rest of your app looks good! Just make sure to look over the changes I suggested, then you should be find. Ping me in Discord/bump your topic when edits are finished!!

Alrighty! I should have everything sorted out! If you dont see this first, I'll message you on Discord right after I send this
Iris, The Infested
Iris, The Infested

Back to top Go down

Post by EmriTheUnstoppable Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:34 pm

Alright, it looks like you've added everything, thank you!! You're mostly good, the last things I want to poke at before giving you your 1/2 are your ranges for things, they seem a bit far, especially for the echolocation.

Echolocation: 1000ft is really far, I could see a couple hundred feet being more reasonable? Because like- with just a quick googling, bats can only detect things as far as 17m away (according to Wikipedia at least). So yeah, scaling that up a bit- a couple hundred feet would be more reasonable.

Fighting Style: Similar thing here, those are some big ranges/sizes, try and cut those down some? To like- half-ish I'd think, but we can negotiate a bit there.

Strengths and Weaknesses: Also! Remember to have at least one more weakness than strength! By my count, you've got 6 Strengths and 5 Weaknesses currently. And last question here, wouldn't being good with her claws/natural weapons counter that weakness of not being a good physical fighter?

Strengths:
Unpredictable
Doesn't need light to see
Optimist
Speed
Can handle pressure
Good w/ claws

Weaknesses:
Unpredictable
Easily blinded w/light
Not strong
Not a good physical fighter
Bad sight

Almost done! Bump/ping me when edited!!
EmriTheUnstoppable
EmriTheUnstoppable

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris, The Infested Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:59 pm

Alrighty So I DID finally get around to doing this, it was floating around on my mind and somewhat distracting me from College, but now that i finished, I am pretty happy with where it is. So im just waiting for Emri :D
Iris, The Infested
Iris, The Infested

Back to top Go down

Post by EmriTheUnstoppable Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:04 pm

~1/2 Approved~
EmriTheUnstoppable
EmriTheUnstoppable

Back to top Go down