» Nurghol the Swamp Hermit
by Oculus Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:20 am

» Liken to a Fire [Private Vuari]
by Fate Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:33 pm

» Newish
by Scortia Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:00 pm

» A Cold Reception (Private)
by Athena Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:02 am

» So, two bandits are waiting on the beach… (Open!)
by Teppet Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:42 am

» Official List of Alternate Characters
by Artemise Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:48 am

» Corvikus of the Lakara
by Rihzome Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:56 pm

» A Walk through Silent Lands [Kaamil]
by Kenma Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:33 pm

» Artymas's Stories
by Artemise Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:13 pm

» The Hunt (Private with Ayato)
by Ayato Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:48 pm

» Growling Thunder -Open!-
by Caramina Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:13 pm

Top posting users this month
Artemise

Athena

Chrocey

Oculus

Nurghoul

Ayato

Teppet

Caramina

Arctic Kaiju

Fate

Staff Online
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

Chrocey, Storm

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 108 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:04 am

Bond of Power (Private with Athena)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bond of Power (Private with Athena)

Post by Storm on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Storm felt the beat of his heart in his chest as he walked. The desert sand felt unpleasant underneath his talons. It suck in between his talons and bugged him. Why did he even join the Ki'Sha in the first place? He had that thought a lot. It was in the literal worst place in all of Nuira. The desert. It was TOO HOT and made everything feel as dry as a bone. He just had to keep in mind that this MIGHT be temporary. He had to figure that part out once Daydris was gone and he had Sarah again.

Oh, his beautiful daughter. How he missed her. He tried not to think about her, but it was inevitable. It felt like a piece of his heart was missing that nobody could fill. He shoved the thoughts away that maybe she wasn't alive and kept walking. He searched the faces of the dragons in the tribe, trying to swallow his hope in case it was false.

There were rumors that a new dragon had joined the tribe. A pure white dragon. An ice dragon. Why would she join a tribe in the desert,
though?
his mind nagged. She's more vulnerable to heat, since she is an ice dragon. He pushed his legs forward, wondering where she would be.

There. A flash of white. Was it her?

"Athena!" he called out, knowing that he would probably look like an idiot if it wasn't her. By this time his heart beat wildly as he tried to find her.
Storm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bond of Power (Private with Athena)

Post by Athena on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:46 pm

Her feathers flared slightly as the light breeze wafted between them, showing off their brilliant cyan. As she moved through the streets, Athene became aware of the stares, the quiet insults muttered under superstitious breaths. Had she been anywhere else, she'd have turned around and attacked for their insolence, but Athena was in no place to make any arguments against the accusations of being a spy for the moment. Still, at their stares, she raised her head slightly and met their eyes. A couple quickly looked away.

The sand stuck to her hooks and dug into the soft flesh behind them, making her wince as the heat charred her skin. She hated heat. She hated sand. She hated everything about Ki'Sha lands, so why did she join? Well, it was the fact that this was the toughest tribe in Nuira, and fighting was their 'thing,' their 'niche.' Athena could fight, and she could fight well. She wasn't looking to prove herself to anyone, just learn to fight better.

Blue eyes scanned the crowd, meeting the stares of the aggressive dragons that seemed to loathe her. For a moment, Athena felt small, but then she remembered, she was in no way inferior to these clan members. She met their stares with stormy eyes, and they adverted their gazes. Athena wasn't looking for trouble, but she wasn't going to roll over and show her belly for dragons that looked down upon her because she was the newcomer.

"Athena!" Several dragons glanced upwards as the name bounced off the buildings, filling the general silence like water an empty tank. As the voice entered her head, Athena felt her world melt away for a moment, stiffening out of half wariness, half shock. She knew that voice. Her head snapped around, eyes narrowing in case it was a trick, a prank, and prepared to spill a dragon's blood over the sandy streets. Royal blue eyes met emerald green, and her brandished tail lowered.

Storm.

Athena briskly strode over to him, not caring for their stares any longer. She allowed a smile to appear, a real smile, rare as diamond to appear on her face. She pushed back the urge to call out, lest she attracted more attention to herself and her friend. Her talons and wicked hooks scraped against the stone pavement, creating a hurried rhythm that grew more frantic as she approached Storm.

The amulet that hung 'round his neck, winked in the sunlight, flashing so she had to squint slightly. As she came within whispering distance, she stopped, wings tucked loosely into her sides. Hey. she said softly, eyes shining.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:59 pm

His heart filled with desperate happiness as Storm saw her. It was indeed Athena. He saw her walk toward him, her walking becoming faster as she approached. She stopped in front of him.

"Hey," she said to him. She tried to stay calm but her eyes told how happy she was to see him.

"Hey," he returned her reply. His wings twitched slightly as he resisted the urge to jump into her and embrace her with his wings. His eyes shone like stars that twinkled with new brightness. Whenever he got back to her, it always felt the same. Extreme joy, like the world felt right as long as he was alongside her.

He tried not to burst out with millions of questions. Instead, he said, as calmly as he could,"Can we go somewhere private?" he asked, tentatively glancing at all the dragons around. "I know where we can go."
Storm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:06 pm

He hadn't changed a bit. Shining amethyst scales, a smile forged in starlight, eyes that gleamed like old gold. He was so out of place amongst the hostile, darker dragons that surrounded him like flies a perfect spider web. He's a Stormcaller, not a Ki'Shan, she thought to herself. And even then, he's alien. A light in a starless sky.

Her tail swished from side to side, spraying side over the sides of the buildings that encircled them, eyes far brighter then what they had been seconds before. She saw his wings twitched, and knew what he was thinking. "Can we go somewhere private?" Storm asked, eyes darting to the strangers that stared at them with accusing yes. "I know where we can go." Athena's feathers twitched in interest at this, eyes narrowing slightly.

The larger wyvern gave a nod. Lead the way, she said quietly. Suddenly, she heard a voice, next to them. Newt, he mumbled. Immediately, her head turned, shooting him a look that would have made human men quake in their boots as she followed Storm.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:37 pm

Athena seemed to be in good shape still, to Storm's relief. He was always worried about her when they were apart. She always got herself into fights and trouble. Her and Storm were like yin yang. They kept each other in line and always balanced each other out. They capitalized on each other's weaknesses and helped each other out. Whenever he reunited with her, he wondered how he made it in the time without her.

Storm watched her nod. "Follow me," he whispered apprehensively, starting to walk through the town. He heard someone nearby call him a newt. He didn't pay any attention to it, but he saw out of the corner of his eye that Athena shot him a glare. He was used to those remarks by now, but it comforted him to know that he had someone by his side and defend him. He would do the same for her in a heartbeat.

He kept walking until they were just outside of the tribe. He led Athena behind a sand dune. There were lots of rocks and boulders. There was a really small house made of the boulders that were scattered about. It was very crude looking, but it was large enough for Athena to fit comfortably in, though. "I have another house in the tribe, I just come here when I want privacy," he explained, going inside.

As soon as both of them were in, he jumped into Athena with his wings wrapped around her. "I've missed you so much." He stayed there for a moment, not wanting to let go. "So what happened? How did you end up here?"
He let go and looked up at her eyes.
Storm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:08 pm

As she followed Storm, Athena became aware of the heat once again, wafting through the air to seep beneath her scales and heat her to boiling point. She knew she would eventually need to adapt to such a temperature, or she wouldn't last a month in the Ki'Sha tribe. Letting out a shaky breath, she raised her head slightly, once vibrant cyan feathers now plastered to her back from sweat lifting subtly as a soft breeze cooled her a tiny amount. As the buildings that were packed together grew sparse, Athena realised they were approaching the edge of town, and eventually, the borders.

As they passed over a dune, Athena's right hook sunk into the sand and she slipped. Sliding down a few feet, she huffed and cursed, shaking the sand from her wing, the skin now singed black from the heat. Her royal blue eyes lifted and widened slightly as they made out the shape of a basic 'house,' nestled into he rocks buried in the sand, hidden from the naked eye. Clever. She nodded at his explanation for building such a place, passing into the building with surprising ease.

As soon as she was comfortable, Athena was assaulted by a purple ball of affection. She jumped slightly, and then a small smile appeared on her face as she returned the hug, embracing Storm with her massive wings. I missed you too, she buried her head into his shoulder for a moment, glad to have her brother back.

When he pulled away, she drew her head back, forming a snake-like 'S' curve as she towered above her friend. It's a bit of a long story. However, long story cut short, I was gently coaxed into the tribe by a brash, arrogant male that demanded I join during a sandstorm of all times, she huffed towards the end of the sentence, tone shifting into one of annoyance, but if one knew her as well as Storm, they'd detect a hint of affection hidden somewhere in there.

Her tail swished, the blade winking in the dim light, flashing like a star and reflecting into her blue eye. And you? How'd you end up stuck here? she asked, settling down onto her haunches with a grunt.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:08 pm

Storm listened to Athena's explanation of how she joined the Ki'Sha. The male she described seemed to annoy her, but a slight tone in her voice hinted to him that she liked him more than what her words said. The Athena Storm knew wouldn't join a tribe just because someone told her to. A small smirk appeared on his face as he looked at her. "Who is this handsome male you seem to think so highly of?" he said, putting the pieces together that she might just like this male.

To her next question, he thought for a moment before answering. "I just needed to be part of a tribe to take refuge in while I sorted things out. Little did I know at the time, though, that I picked the worst tribe in all of Nuira." That word still felt weird on his tongue. Nuira.

"Their so unfriendly, not to mention this BLASTED HEAT AND STUPID SAND!" he yelled with twisted humor. "As soon as I get my life together and we figure out what we are going to do about your uncle hunting us, I am going to get out of here. I'll probably join the Stormcallers, as ironic as that is." He let out a little chuckle. "I have heard that they are very peaceful and are allowed to explore and leave the territories as they please, which will let me adventure whenever I want," he explained.

He shook his head quickly. "Sorry, I'm going off onto bunny trails now. I just haven't had you or anyone else to talk to for a couple months now. As a result I find myself talking to myself a lot and wonder if I'm going crazy with all of this sand and heat."

He looked down, slightly ashamed. He knew he should be stronger. For Athena. For Sarah. He knew they would want him to stay strong. So he stayed, hoping being in the Ki'Sha would toughen him. He wondered sometimes how long he would last here with the. In fact, he was just planning to escape and leave the tribe soon, that's how much he despised it.

It just wasn't him. He was a peacemaker, not a hardened warrior. Sure, he would fight to no end and die for Athena, Sarah, or anyone else close to him without thinking, but a tough, fight-lover, he was not. Though he was good at fighting. After all, he had beaten Athena once when she wore the evil armor, and that is no small feat.

Storm realized after a moment that he had zoned out into his own little world for a minute, as he often did. He shook his head again, returning to the moment at hand. "So," he said next, looking back up at his icy friend, "Any news on your uncle? I never feel safe anymore, knowing he's after me- I mean us... We need to take him down. I need to know if Sarah's still alive." His voice was shaky as he said his last sentence.

Did Daydris even know about Sarah? That was the only hope he had left. If he didn't know about her, she was probably okay. She would have went to the SkyWings and taken refuge there. They would have taken her in. It was almost too much to bear knowing that even if that were true, he would never see her again. But it was one hundred times better than her being taken captive by Daydris. Because Storm knew that if Daydris had her, he would give Daydris anything he wanted to assure Sarah's safety.

And that scared Storm mightily.
Storm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:08 am

It felt so good to be in Storm's company once again. He was a part of her nobody could replace or fill. Their their relationship, ran deeper then typical friendships, deeper then romance, even. He was among her first friends, and her first proper friend. He'd stuck with her, and would till the end, she knew. As she gazed at him, this small one with green eyes, Athena felt whole again.

However, Storm knew how to irritate. At his questions, and what he was implying, Athena snorted, mist billowing from her nostrils to form a cloud as she rolled her eyes, attempting to break eye contact. His name's Ayato. He's one of the Aliugaan's here. Her tail swished, twitching from embarrassment. Hes.. Interesting.

She nodded at his explanation, and chuckled at his misfortune at having picked, as he put it, 'the worst tribe in all of Nuira.' She had to somewhat agree, the only comforts they had were each other, and her only other comfort was.. Well, Ayato. She didn't see him romantically, no, not at all. She enjoyed his company, however.

She listened to him rant, her feathers pinning back tightly as he released his pent up frustration. Her tail twitched, this time with anxiety. How are you doing in there? She asked, referring to his head. She shook her head at his apology. Its not your fault, don't apologise. She watched as Storm went quiet, his pupils thinning slightly as he went into his own little dream world. As she sat there, awaiting his return to reality, she glanced at the entrance. No one was there, thankfully.

Storm spoke again, and Athena's eyes narrowed at the question. At his mention of Sarah, she closed her eyes for a moment. She hoped his daughter was alright, for her sake and for Storm's. Turns out, I know where he is. she said, nodding.

Hes up near the Etcan mountains
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:11 am

Storm let amusement show in his face when Athena rolled her eyes at him, letting out a cloud of mist. "Well I'll have to meet this 'Ayato' that you tooooootally don't have a crush on," he replied sarcastically, grinning at his icy friend. He watched her tail twitch with embarrassment, which amused him all the more.

She then asked Storm how he was doing mentally. "Like I said," he started, "It gets kind of hard keeping thoughts all to yourself. It kind of makes you want to go crazy. Not to mention that the heat muddles your thoughts and makes it hard to think straight sometimes." Storm thought of how badly he wanted to jump up and fly all the way out of the desert and somewhere cool. Or take a bath in a nice, cold stream and wash of the sand out of his scales. Or feel a nice breeze as it rustled through the trees.

He looked up quickly, eyes wide, at Athena's next words, suddenly feeling energy surge through his body like a flood. "This is great!" he exclaimed. "How did you figure out where he was? When are we going to go stop him?"

His heart beat faster. If they could take him out, no more wondering if you are going to make it through the day, or if anyone standing around you is an assassin for Daydris that is going to try to kill you at any second.

No more running.
Storm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:21 am

At Storm's further taunting, Athena huffed again, this time producing a burst of mist that faded as soon as it appeared, evaporating almost immedaitely in the heat. "I am not attracted to Ayato in any shape of form," she retorted, tail tapping on the floor and creating a low clinking sound like a mug against a wooden table. "He's merely an ally, nothing more." Coming from her, the words were harsh, but laced with such neutralism one would think she was talking about the weather. She knew she was lying. Ayato intrigued her. To no end, dare she say. She thought about the storm, the swirling sands stinging her eyes like a thousand bees, and the feeling of his scarf flapping in the wind but pressed against her scales, protecting her.

You were a potential member, he had said. Of course I came back. Risking his life in a sandstorm? For a stranger? Even if she had been a potential member to him, Athena knew it went deeper then that. Not attraction, obviously, but was he as intrigued by her as she was by him? She knew she wouldn't have gone back for him, left him to fend for himself in the storm, so why didn't he?

She was brought back from the thinking world by Storm's answer to her question. She nodded, somewhat understanding his situation. She herself had felt like that, in the beginning of her life as a warrior, when she was just a sapling, but, well, you get used to the loneliness. Now that she had Storm in her life, it was hard to push it down now.

At her mentioning of Daydris -even thinking his name made her shiver despite the heat- Storm's eyes brightened, life returning to his form as if he'd just found out Sarah was just outside the cave. A part of her wished that was true. At his question, Athena raised a brow. Patience, she said gently.

She dragged her tail across the ground, producing a low scraping sound like a sword on a grindstone. As for how I found out, well.. she hesitated. Just before I came to the Ki'Sha, I was attacked by a dragon from the Sikka Clan. That's my uncle's clan. I defeated her, with ease may I add, she puffed out her chest a small bit, a smirk on her face. And well, terrified her into giving me the information I needed.

She tilted her head. We'll need to find out where he is, personally, before we attack. I'll need a few weeks to sneak out and assess their militia prowess, and the layout of their camp, if they have one. Her eyes darkened. Remember, it's just the two of us against all of them. Then, they softened, and she allowed a small smile to appear on her face. But together, and this sounds cliche, we're unstoppable.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Storm just smirked as she said that she wasn't attracted to Ayato. "If you say so," he commented with an obvious hint of sarcasm in his voice. He made a mental note to make it awkward for Athena when she was with Ayato. After all, she had done it to him when he had an interest in female dragons. He loved their playful rivalry.

Now it was Storm's turn to watch as Athy zoned out for a minute, obviously recalling some memory of Ayato. He just laughed.

Then his eyes widened as he heard that she was attacked by someone of Daydris' clan. He was too intent on hearing what she had to say to remark on her pride on defeating the opponent. "We'll need to find out where he is, personally, before we attack. I'll need a few weeks to sneak out and assess their militia prowess, and the layout of their camp, if they have one," she said.

"Well I am coming with you, no matter what you say," he replied before she could say anything otherwise. "Not only because we need to do this together, but also because I need to get out of here before I burn to a crisp." He tapped the floor with one of his front talons, excited and impatient. He had wanted to get this done for what seemed like forever now. He had quite literally been sucked into a whole new world, confused, sad, and not knowing what to do. But now he had a goal again. With his best friend right next to him.

After they took down Daydris? Storm would probably just join the Stormcallers and live a somewhat peaceful life. Though he would still explore and have adventures with Athena whenever he could. It added excitement to his life and he loved spending time with his partner. Even if it was taking down her evil uncle and could quite possibly die doing so.

Athena's next words filled him with hope. "... together, and this sounds cliche, we're unstoppable."

Storm nodded and you could see the determination fill his eyes. "So. When do we leave?" He said with a small, confident smile.
Storm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:01 am

Athena found herself bristling at Storm's determination to embarras her. She knew what this was about. Athena knew she herself hadn't been the kindest to Storm when he was around his objects of.. affection, and highly doubted Storm would show mercy. She was hardly attracted to Ayato, she insisted, merely intrigued. He was a mysterious dragon, and Athena liked solving mysteries. However, she had a funny feeling Ayato was a puzzle she'd never figure out. For now, she shot Storm a less-then-playful glare and moved on to the more important topic at hand. Or.. talon.

She had to sigh at his words. "I was afraid you were gonna say that," The ice dragon muttered, rubbing her forehead with a pale wing which was blackened at the edges. As he mentioned the 'burn to a crisp' part, a snowy white brow was arched. You're telling me, she said, spreading her wings to show the new scars forming from the burns. Folding them back to place on the ground, she spoke again. You'll be coming with me, yes, I need you to sneak into smaller spaces then I can fit. She hesitated. That and, well.. I don't think I can do this alone. The emotion was hidden, tucked away since she was a hatchling, but now it was resurfacing, disguised as a necessity for company out of the need for a sneaky, smaller dragon.

Athena was afraid. She was afraid of them.. and she hated them for it.

She had to grin, however, at his question. We have a couple of hours before sundown. I want to be in and out of there by the time the moon's lifted off the horizon.

Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Storm's tail swished back and forth along the ground as he listened to Athena. He had a sigh of relief when she said he was coming. He didn't want to argue with her on it, since he wouldn't change his mind. When she spread her wings, he winced as he saw her burns. That looked like it hurt. She said that she needed him with him so that he could fit into small places and sneak around. She also noted that she didn't do it alone. Storm knew that she really also wanted him for company and that she cared about him.

Though he couldn't recall any times where she had said anything close to it, he knew that she loved him. In the most platonic way of course. Almost like siblings. Best friends. And he loved her back, obviously. He would do anything for her or to keep her safe.

He listened to her next words eagerly. "What do you mean by you want to be in and out of there before the moon lifts from the horizon? The ectan mountains is a while away.
On a whole different continent!"
Storm exclaimed. "I am guessing that it will take quite a while to get there!" Not that he wanted to come back here any time soon. He could spend his whole life away from here and not miss it for a second. He was itching to get out of this putrid desert and breathe cool air where trees grow and everything is fresh. He wanted to take naps in grassy fields and watch the clouds as they gracefully soar by. And never have to sink my feet in this awful desert sand again, he thought.
Storm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:56 am

As the wind howled outside the door, Athena felt her feathers prick in anxiety. The memories of the swirling sand, screaming winds and the inability to see the sky was an image she'd rather forget. Her cat-like eyes narrowed slightly, pupils thinning to form crevices in an ocean of blue. For a moment, she listened, paying attention to the muffled howls of the gales, but then, after a few moments of tense waiting, they died down to whispers, and she relaxed.

She focused on Storm again, arching a brow at his words. You're a fast flyer, aren't you? she tilted her head. And do you think no one will notice we're missing before long?We need to hurry, before Scortia severs our heads from our bodies. She knew Storm well enough to understand that he'd rather be out of the humid climate anyway, and besides, a little pushing of the wings wouldn't do them any harm.

Athena thought she heard a breath coming from outside the door and twisted her head around, releasing a low growl that shook the small house. She stalked like a panther to the door and peered through a gap. Nobody was there. She huffed, releasing a weak puff of mist, before returning to Storm. Can't be too careful, was all she said, sitting down again, this time facing sideways, keeping one eye on him, and the other flickering to the door every two seconds.

For a moment, her eyes drifted to the amulet. In the years she'd known him, she'd never thought to ask him what it was for. A gift from a friend or family member? A magical stone that gave him magic? If that was the case, she'd be surprised. She had never seen Storm use magic apart from his breath attacks. If it was a gift, who from? His parents? Another thing she'd never thought to ask about; his origins. She couldn't care less about his heritage, whether he was royal or 'peasant.' She judged dragons, personally, by their heart, and their smarts, and he had proved himself strong in both. Still, she was curious, but decided such questions could be asked later at an appropriate time.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:23 am

// Remember Storm got the amulet when he was with Athena when the queen of wherever that was gave them all gifts from her treasury? It was with Ender I believe.

Storm watched Athena as she tensed when the wind roared outside. Seems like a sandstorm might be hitting us, he thought to himself, hoping it would end soon so that they could be on their way. Though, fortunately, it gave them more time to talk.

He nodded to Athena with a hint of pride in his eyes. "Yeah, I am a fast flyer.
Who knows how long it will take us to defeat Daydris, though. Like I said, it's on a different continent."
He growled slightly, frustrated. "I know you can't be gone for too long. But Athy," he hesitated. "I think I'm going to leave the Ki'Sha behind as soon as this is over. We'll have to go separate ways for a time. I'm going to go to the Twilight Palace and join the Stormcallers. I really wish that I could stay with you in the Ki'Sha, but this isn't the place for me." He looked down, wishing things could be different.

After a moment, Storm looked back up at her. "Maybe you could still come visit me? When you can?" he tried not to get his hopes up. He knew how strict the Ki'Sha could be.

Once they defeated Daydris, things could be different, though. He didn't have to be as cautious around other dragons. For the past months, he had been on guard every second, thinking a mercenary could be any of the dragons around him and might lunge at him before he could do anything. And once he joined the Stormcallers, he thought that he could find peace. Finally things could feel somewhat normal to him.
Storm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:36 am

(Oh yeah! I remember that haha)

In correspondence to Storm's thoughts, sand obstructed the view of the sky, and once again Athena was shrouded in sand that whistled over the cave and prevented her from hearing any approaching enemies. Such circumstances were enough for the wyvern's pupils to thin.

Storm spoke again, and his words made Athena's tail twitch. He was right. It had been almost twenty years since she'd run from her 'family,' and gods know how they'd assembled themselves now. If Daydris was one thing, he was ambitious, and Athena dreaded to find out what sort of army he'd assembled himself.

"I know you can't be gone for too long," Storm said. "But Athy." He hesitated suddenly, and Athena's feathers twitched as she met his eyes, raising an eye-ridge. What Storm said next, was both understandable and heart-breaking. He couldn't stay in the Ki'Sha, and Athena agreed with him. She was meant for a life like this, without the risk of growing big and lazy, a life of challenge and brutality. Him? She was no fortune teller, but Storm was meant for greater things. Still, no hint of a smile came to her face. Somehow, she knew this was coming.

After a few seconds, Storm looked up, met her eyes and spoke. "Maybe you can visit me? When you can?" Athena bit her lower jaw, allowing a sigh to escape her. He was so.. Positive, and it was almost contagious, but Storm led with his heart, she led with her head. She wouldn't be able to see him often, if she got out at all.

"Storm.." suddenly, saying his name produced a lump in her throat. I.. the 'ice warrior' was reduced to a stammering, emotional mess in a matter of moments, with just a few, simple words. Even if I could climb the ranks high enough to get out, we would barely ever see each other.

She raised her head slightly, arching her neck as she put on a brave face. Storm was her brother, and she would support him. But I won't stop you. Once this is over, you can go forge your own path. Find Sarah. Salty tears stung the back of her eyes and she quickly blinked them away before they could be noticed. When this is over, and my mission has been fulfilled.. I suppose I'll fly with the winds.. See where they take me, y'know? she tried to smile, but it came out as more of a grimace.

She swished her tail. For now, we must prepare. When the sandstorm subsides, we leave.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:04 am

"Even if I could climb the ranks high enough to get out, we would barely ever see each other."

The words felt like a weight being crushed on top of Storm. A hard lump formed in his throat and refused to go down. He tried to stay strong and not show how much it affected him, because it wasn't even time to say goodbye. Maybe not for a little while. WHY DOES LIFE HAVE TO BE SO CRUEL, his mind wailed.

"But I won't stop you. Once this is over, you can go forge your own path. Find Sarah." Athena mentioning the name of his daughter sent more emotion racking his body.

He started to tremble slightly, hopefully not enough to notice. How much more do I have to lose in life?! Atrex, Sarah, now Athy? It hurt almost too much to bear. He desperately wanted Sarah back in his life... And Atrex. Why couldn't things just go back to the way they used to be?

"When this is over, and my mission has been fulfilled.. I suppose I'll fly with the winds.. See where they take me, y'know?"

He took a deep breath and looked up at his best friend. He wondered what she meant by that. "Does that mean you aren't going back to the Ki'Sha?" he wondered, refusing to let his voice shake. He thought of things that they might be able to do even if she was in the Ki'Sha. Maybe they could meet once a month or something. When the moon is full. Have a place where they could find each other.

"For now, we must prepare. When the sandstorm subsides, we leave."

Storm nodded, accepting the change of subject. They had more pressing matters to deal with, plus they still had more time together. "Yes, about that," he said. He turned around to a small carry bag that he had at the other side of the room. He picked it up and rummaged through it for a second before pulling out two bracelets. They were two wires intertwined to create the bracelet. In the middle there was a beautiful blus sapphire. Both of them were identical.

"So," he started uncertainly. "This may sound kind of... Cheesy, but I made these in my free time. I thought that we could both wear them. That way, when we are separated, we will still remind ourselves of each other and that we can always go to the other in times of trouble." He looked slightly embarrassed, wondering if it was something that Athena would even like.
Storm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:58 pm

Athy said I could join, so I hope Storm's okay with it c': Sorry if it feels like I'm intruding. --

Ayato's duties had ended for the day, and he was wondering where the hell Athena was. Not that he was concerned about her wellbeing, of course; he was just worried about how much trouble she'd kicked up in the period of his absence. This was perhaps her second week with the Ki'Sha, and she'd already run into a lot of trouble, usually needing Ayato to settle the situation - not that she was doing too badly by herself. They usually crossed paths some way of another, as if the Fates wanted to push her into his life as often as possible, but today, even after a while of aimless wandering that wasted way too much of his energy, he couldn't find her.

Oh well. Hold up, was that a blink of white vanishing around a corner? Switching directions, he snarled, "Hey, watch it," at a female hatchling who'd tripped and crashed into him. He stared pointedly at her mother, who bowed her head low in an apology before pulling her child away, muttering in a chiding voice, and he quickly resumed walking, following Athena. He rounded the corner, in time to see her with a purple male who was standing next to her - too close for his liking, and Ayato narrowed his eyes, tilting his head in a question that would not be answered, before following after them, trailing at a distance that would not seem too suspicious. Even if it looked like he was following them, the other Ki'Shans would have enough sense to stay away. Both walked at a hurried speed, which he matched easily (he made it a point to walk fast; height didn't mean he couldn't match the pace of larger dragons), and his narrowed gaze filled with suspicion as they stepped out of Ki'Shan territory.

You didn't do that unless you had permission, or planned to leave. Even then, your absence would be noticed quickly, and everyone would be hunting for you. Then a price would be placed upon your head, a burdening inconvenience to carry around. But with a sigh that went unheard, he followed after them, watching as both disappeared into a shelter of some sort. Home. Temporary refuge. Whatever. Their backs were to him, so he took the chance to duck behind one of the misshapen boulders that rose from the ground. He was hesitant to eavesdrop, finding it a very rude thing to do, but when he finally coaxed himself into doing in, heard Athena's cool, clear voice mentioning someone from her uncle's clan attacking her.

He bristled slightly, and listened as she laid out her plans. And took off in a burst of speed, back to the Ki'Sha; the terrified Ki'Shans below watched him rip through the clear blue sky above, and whispered questions that he ignored. He found an Aliugaan loitering near the castle, and alighted, composing himself just enough to ask her to do him a favour and pass a message to the Kuz'a. He, an Ugfei and the new Ki'Shan Athena would be leaving Ki'Shan temporarily, for perhaps a month or more, to hunt down old enemies who were threatening to cross Ki'Shan borders. His eyes gleamed with purpose, hopefully enough to convince the female Alugaan, and at last she nodded her head and said to him commandingly: "Return with their heads. Good luck."

Ayato lifted his head slightly. "Oh, I will," he promised quietly, and turned away, once more taking into flight, a swift shadow blotting out the sky. He crossed out of Ki'Shan lands only to find a sandstorm growing in strength, whipping up sand with its dagger-like winds, and couldn't help but recall how he'd met Athena. One to enter the Ki'Sha with her, one to leave. He squined, trying to see through the darned sandstorm, and spotted a blink of grey through the tan of the sand, and dived down, folding his sensitive wings tight to his side and barreling into the small shelter.

There was, thankfully, still space for him.

"I see that I've intruded upon a... touching moment," he drawled, "and if I were decent, I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not decent, so too bad. Don't worry, I didn't hear much, only something about a Sikka clan." Then he added, "I got free passes for you two to leave the Ki'Sha. So you can go hunt down your uncle all you like, but I'm coming along, because three has a slightly higher though almost nonexistent chance of surviving." He shrugged. "To cut the crap, I'm coming."
Ayato

Tribe : Ki'Sha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:00 am

At Storm's inquiry, Athena would tilt her head. Oh, I'lol stay for a bit, she said. And if it doesn't work out, well.. Y'know, as I said. I'll follow the wind. She flicked her tail, listening to the sound of the blade scraping against the sandy floor. Storm.. Dread filled her at the idea of being separated from her brother. She knew it was inevitable, but.. Already she was grieving.

She could go with him, she knew that, go to the Stormcallers, but.. Storm needed his own path. To forge his own adventures. She knew they'd always stay closer then ever, and that was a small comfort. The warrior suppressed the lump in her throat, intrigue lighting her gaze as Storm turned to rummage through a small bag, raising an eye-ridge. What's he up to now? She wondered as he turned.

In his paws were two bracelets, clearly handcrafted by Storm. Athena tilted her head, and then her eyes widened as she realised what they were. As Storm spoke, she would study the duo with her eyes, gazing at the sapphires that gleamed in the dim light. She met Storm'e eyes. I love them.. she said softly. The warrior smiled a tiny smile, and went to gently take one of the bracelets-

When someone barrelled into the shelter.

Athena would freeze, for a few seconds, not wanting to turn her head to see who it was. It's him.. She thought. He's here! Just after Ayato would finish speaking, she would turn and kick off the floor, letting out a roar that shook the cave as she lunged for who she thought was Daydris. Rage and a lust for vengeance overwhelmed her as she aimed to tackle the blasted lizard to the ground.

She only seen the purple scarf as she crashed into poor Ayato.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:10 am

// Of course you can join, Ayato! :D

Storm listened to Athena. "Well if you do end up just following the wind, you can always come visit me," he said with a small smile. He really didn't want them to be separated. For who knows how long. He didn't know if he would ever see her again after all of this. Was it worth staying in the Ki'Sha to be with his soulmate? Was it worth the desert heat and the sticky sand? Was it worth being with a clan that obviously wasn't for him?

He knew he couldn't stay. He had to go find somewhere where he belonged. But don't you belong with your best friend and sister? his mind kept asking him.

"I love them," Athena said, her eyes looking like they were filled with emotion. A tiny smile appeared on his face and Storm smiled back. It was rare. To see a pure smile on her face. But when he saw it, it made him so happy.

She reached to take one of the wire bracelets. But just as she did, he heard someone outside. Athena roared and slammed the door down, tackling the dragon on the other side.
Daydris? he thought with sudden panic. Despite his fear, he ran outside after Athena.

// Sorry, kind of a short post.
Storm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:22 am

Good to hear! Thanks~ ^^ --

Ayato didn't know what he was expecting, but definitely not something so enthusiastic. Ha ha, more like hostile; he saw the bloodlust and thirst for vengeance flash in Athena's furious glare, as dangerous as light bouncing off the polished blade of a dagger. Goodness knew how the cave managed to remain standing even after the roar that reverberated about the small area. Instinct seizing hold of him, Ayato shoved Athena off with brute strength that he rarely used, and paused just in time to hold himself back from lashing out. Instead he stood, a scowl already resting on his face. There were several responses that he could throw into Athena's face, but settled for a calmer one, snapping, "Well, I thought you'd be thankful for the free passes I've got for you two, but apparently not." A huff of annoyance escaped him as he leveled a glare at Athena, then at Storm. "You're an Ugfei, correct?"

Sorry for short - I had barely any time to type more than that. --
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:46 am

Athena cracked a smile at Storm's words. If that happens, you'll be my first stop.

Ayato?!

There he was, the sneaky rat. Athena's eyes widened as she stared down at the face of her ally, who clearly was shocked and angry at the sudden attack. Athena's tail had curled over her head, like a scorpion's tail, and for a second was pointed down at his throat. I could have killed you, she realised, all of this in a split second.

With a strength she hadn't realised he had, Ayato gave her a shove that sent her into the air. She slammed against the wall of the cave, but didn't fall, grunting as her spine wailed in pain. Landing on all fours, she glared at him indignantly. With his usual seriousness, Ayato rose, a scowl plastered onto his face.

She half expected him to curse at her, tell her he was reporting this, that kind of thing. Instead, Ayato merely snapped at her. "Well I thought you'd be thankful for the free passes I've got for you two, but apparently not." He glared at her and Athena returned it with an equally fierce glower of her own.

Ayato then shifted his gaze to Storm, a motion that made the feathers on Athena's back rise. He asked Storm of his rank as she moved away from the cave wall, wondering how it was still standing. She was glad it was, because she would have felt bad for ruining poor Storm's work.

What the hell are you doing here? she demanded, thankfully more relaxed then when Ayato had first entered the room. And how did you find us? she added, suddenly worried that he'd tell the Ku'za they were outside the borders. It was then she remembered, his words. Free passes? then she remembered, he'd mentioned hearing about the Sikka clan. In the moment, she'd been too afraid to see or hear who it was.

He had been listening in.

The warrior's eye would narrow as she stalked up to Ayato, glaring daggers into his eyes. Tell me, dearest Ayato, a dangerous rumbling, a growl, was lying beneath the tone. Why were you listening in on a private conversation?
Only Storm could see her tail twitch.
Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:40 am

Storm smiled at her when she said that he'd be her first stop if she ever just followed the winds.

The most confused expression appeared on his face as he saw a male that Athena seemed to recognize. Though when he threw Athena off of him, Storm made a warning growl. He was ready to fight if need be. Then he realized what he said. Free passes to leave? That would definitely make things easier. He listened to the conversation starting between them. He stayed in a defensive position, though, in case he needed to fight.

Then the new dragon asked him a question. "You're an Ugfei, correct?"

Storm nodded once in confirmation. He watched Athena as she started to growl at the dragon. "Tell me, dearest Ayato," she started. Then it clicked in his mind. So that's Ayato. Hopefully he hadn't heard him make fun of Athena about her liking him. That would probably be an unpleasant conversation.

"Why were you listening in on a private conversation?" Athena's tail twitched. Storm wasn't sure what that subtle sign meant? Was she going to attack? Was she nervous that he had heard what Storm said about Athena liking him?

"Not only that," he interjected, "but also why do you want to come with us? Seems kind of suspicious. You want to travel across all of Nuira with us, when none of this involves you? I am not sure I buy it." He kept a hard, questioning look on his face as he watched Ayato.

//Oops, wrong account. Sorry

View user profile http://untamedskiesrp.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:31 pm

Athena's tail was poised over her head in a deadly stance that meant she'd been about to lunge forward and rip his throat out, no further than he'd been from pinning her down with his tail braced against her throat. Somehow, the blades still managed to capture the weak light filtering in through the grains of the sand that the wind stirred up, and shone, ever-polished and clean. His eyes shone through narrowed slits, his legs braced apart, ready to retaliate if Athena ever charged at him again, but other than that showed no visible signs of ill-intent. He wasn't going to apologise for shoving her off - who'd asked her to attack him anyway? As if her uncle would waltz in and announce that he wasn't a decent dragon when everyone knew that already; whoever he was, he definitely wasn't that stupid. Though, the stupider the better for them.

Ayato matched Athena's glare with his own, as if both were sparring with their eyes, seeing whose would be too intense for the other. Although he did wonder how the shelter was still standing; it must be sturdier than it looked from the outside. Storm hadn't done a bad job, Ayato would give him that, but how would be fare as a fully-fledged Ugaan? What he didn't know was that the purple-scaled male wasn't intent on staying, and it was perhaps for the best that Ayato remain ignorant of this fact, because Ayato wouldn't want to work with a traitor.

He could see the question rising in Athena's eyes, their colour shining with anger and confusion; she was wondering what he had meant by 'free passes', and they continued staring at each other in tense silence that draped itself over them like an unwanted blanket. He could see her feathers bristle at his glance towards the Ugfei, and marveled at how her feathers betrayed her emotions all the time, when her face could remain so still and calm. Confusion stood stark on her face now, though some tension fell away from her limbs, their tight grip vanishing. Annoyance crossed his face. "Well, I'm here to...help you, duh, didn't I state that already?" he said impatiently, pretending that he hadn't hesitated at the word help. "And I saw you by luck actually. Your feathers are pretty bright and eye-catching." He snorted.

Then realisation dawned on her face, which only drew more anger from that knowledge. "Your opinion of me is so low. How my heart aches for approval. I did say I wasn't decent, but I don't eavesdrop on others' conversations, because I would rip out the throat of anyone who did that to me. And I'm not a hypocrite," he snapped. "I only heard the part where you were laying out your plans to hunt down whatever clan your uncle is in. Others, no, and I'm glad for it, because that means I missed out on touching moments."

To Storm, he tossed him a look that dripped disdain and scorn, to match the Ugfei's 'hard' look, which did not intimidate him, only bounced off him, seeing that he'd endured much worse. "Oh, it's totally because I'm your uncle's ally and wish to ruin your plans. I also happen to have a lot of free time," he said, each word laced with biting sarcasm. "No, it's because I-" (I care.) "-don't want to see Athena wiped off the face of the earth permanently." He paused, then amended hastily, "I don't want the Ki'Sha to lose a good warrior. Why not accompany her and help her destroy an enemy while at it?" He leveled a glare at Storm. "Obviously Athena has been whispering terrible rumours about me. Though, you do have a right to be suspicious." He shrugged. "If you want me to turn back right now, it's kind of too late, I already informed the Kuz'a that we'll be disappearing temporarily."
Ayato

Tribe : Ki'Sha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:49 am

Ayato took up a defensive stance, clearly wary if she'd attack again. He was surprisingly strong, for a dragon shorter then her. At his glare, Athena's glower would harden further, as she inwardly tossed all of the known Universal curses at his face. The awkward, tense silence that followed was not welcome, but Athena wouldn't be the first to look away. Her pride wouldn't allow it.

How much had he heard? That part spiked worry inside of her. Please, tell me he didn't hear Storm's taunting me, she begged the gods above. She searched his expression and found no indication that he had heard such things. Nor was he acting differently towards her. No, he was still the arrogant, rude and utterly unattractive male she had met at the Ki'Sha borders. Good.

Storm spoke up, speaking words that Athena agreed wholeheartedly with, and voiced this with a slight incline of her head. Ayato was not obliged to help them, nor did he have any sort of emotional attachment to the two of them. He didn't have anything to gain from assisting them. Storm was right. What are you up to? she wanted to ask, but instead expressed it with her eyes, silently asking that question through the confused and angry expression that they were locked in.

At their little 'interrogation,' an irritated look crossed Ayato's face. "Well, I'm here to help you, duh," He said. "Didn't I state that already?" Athena didn't buy it. Not for one second. She liked Ayato, but as long as they didn't know his intentions inside and out, she wouldn't trust him. Not. One. Ounce. So, the ice warrior stayed stern, standing in front of him and blocking a clear path to Storm. The fact that he had paused at the word 'help' didn't help matters.

Ayato's comment about her feathers made them rise with indignation, as an angry scowl twisted Athena's usually stone-cold mask of an expression. In response, she just huffed, her tail twitching again as she pictured all the ways she could kill this guy. Although, granted, he was very amusing, so she'd keep him alive for a little bit. Just a bit.

Ayato grew rather angry when she dared suggest he was eavesdropping. She almost laughed when he uttered 'oh how my heart aches for approval,' but managed to keep her expression from moving, save for a slight twitch of the corners of her mouth. At his mentioning of 'touching moments,' she would bristle again. "Excuse me?" she growled.

As Ayato turned his head to look at Storm, Athena's slowly relaxing form would stiffen again. She bared her fangs in a warning at the expression he wore. Don't touch him. The message was clear enough by the look on her face.

Ayato proceeded to talk pure sarcasm, something that removed her angry expression and replaced it with an annoyed one. Athena raised an eyeridge, however, when Ayato said 'I don't want to see Athena wiped off the face of the earth permanently.' There was a pause, where she would stare at Ayato with just.. bewilderment, before he'd give the most obvious reason in the world for wanting to preserve her wellbeing. At his words to Storm about her 'whispering terrible rumors about him,' a slight flush would cover her cheeks.

Athena huffed and stepped away. "Well, thank you so much for you generosity, Aliugaan," she drawled, sarcasm lacing her words. "We are eternally in your debt." She swished her tail, spraying sand off to the right. A smirk appeared on her face, breaking the circle of angry-annoyed-angry-annoyed. "It's nice to know you think I'm a good enough fighter to keep alive. It's very flattering," she gave him an innocent smile before she would back away to Storm's side. Then, she would listen for when the sandstorm would completely perish, awaiting the others' replies as she did so.

Athena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top