Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Bond of Power (Private with Athena)

5 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Bond of Power (Private with Athena) - Page 5 Empty Bond of Power (Private with Athena)

Post by Storm Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Storm felt the beat of his heart in his chest as he walked. The desert sand felt unpleasant underneath his talons. It suck in between his talons and bugged him. Why did he even join the Ki'Sha in the first place? He had that thought a lot. It was in the literal worst place in all of Nuira. The desert. It was TOO HOT and made everything feel as dry as a bone. He just had to keep in mind that this MIGHT be temporary. He had to figure that part out once Daydris was gone and he had Sarah again.

Oh, his beautiful daughter. How he missed her. He tried not to think about her, but it was inevitable. It felt like a piece of his heart was missing that nobody could fill. He shoved the thoughts away that maybe she wasn't alive and kept walking. He searched the faces of the dragons in the tribe, trying to swallow his hope in case it was false.

There were rumors that a new dragon had joined the tribe. A pure white dragon. An ice dragon. Why would she join a tribe in the desert,
though?
his mind nagged. She's more vulnerable to heat, since she is an ice dragon. He pushed his legs forward, wondering where she would be.

There. A flash of white. Was it her?

"Athena!" he called out, knowing that he would probably look like an idiot if it wasn't her. By this time his heart beat wildly as he tried to find her.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Bond of Power (Private with Athena) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bond of Power (Private with Athena)

Post by Athena Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:28 am

The pain of her wounds had been reduced to a dull throbbing and light stinging. She was glad to be mostly free of the agony in her scales. While the sensation was familiar, it didn't get any less unpleasant. She had learned, however, to just grind her teeth and get on with it, or she'd never get anywhere.

Athena narrowed her eyes at Storm's words, a low huff escaping her. "You do what you have to," she said, her voice filled with a sharp, angry edge. "But if it doesn't talk, I'll make it." Casting a disgusted look at the female, Athena bristled with indignation when he mentioned what she'd done to her. "Hmph," was her only response as she glanced at the terrible marks lacerating her sides.

As she stood up and left for leaves, Storm requested some for the female too. She turned her head over her shoulder to retort, but then bit it back. They were all tired, and anyways, it would suck if the dragoness died after the trouble they went to in carrying her. Athena made a grunting noise in response and walked off to the trees.

She muttered obscenities under her breath as she snapped off leaves and twigs, breaking some to take out a bit of her frustration. "Let me talk to her, Athena," she imitated her purple friend quietly, putting on a high pitched voice. "Because love and compassion gets everyone everywhere!" the thought of that thing's face made her grimace. It was one of them. The monsters that killed her sister and forced her into a destiny she never wanted. Well look at me now, she thought darkly. Making my own destiny, forging the fate I really want. Which involves killing you all and your kids. Take that, Daydris.

"I swear, that kid's gonna be the death of me. If I don't strangle him first," she muttered as she measured out the thickest leaves for his back. Guilt suddenly poked at her chest for thinking that, and she paused for a moment, staring blankly into oblivion.

Why did I drag you into this? she thought, shaking her head as she snatched more leaves for the girl and exited the trees. Her talons met the sand and a low sigh escaped her. Carrying the leaves on her back, she returned to Storm, casting a glance at Ayato, who was now awake. She only caught the tale end of Storm's sentence, and the thick tension in the air told her they weren't talking about their favourite childhood memories.

"Oh look, the guys are spending boy time together," she drawled, standing behind Storm. "This'll sting. Don't move," was her only warning before she pressed the leaves harshly against the wounds. She knew it would hurt, and gritted her teeth in sympathy, but she knew he'd survive. He'd lived through worse. "Sorry," she said quietly, so Ayato wouldn't hear. Using a thin but tough vine she'd found, she tied the makeshift cast around him and then did the same to his other wounds.

She wrinkled her snout when it was time to help the female. "You do it," she muttered when her hooks brushed her scales. "I'm not touching it," she knew she was being mean, but the thought of touching one of them was like telling her to pick up an eel. She wouldn't do it.

Dumping the leaves on the sand, she sighed and strode away towards the fire, sitting down next to it and staring into the flames. The events that had taken place in the past hour ran through her mind. Such a relaxing day, she thought, sarcasm dripping from her inner thoughts.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Bond of Power (Private with Athena) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bond of Power (Private with Athena)

Post by Ayato Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:56 am

I didn't ask you to explain yourself, was the first thought that snapped into his mind at Storm's explanation; Ayato merely rolled his eyes in response, and turned away, gaze once again on the ever-moving water. He reached up to touch his sodden scarf, and pulled it from his neck. His tail curled around his hindlegs to at least offer some warmth from the chill that draped itself over this island, and he leaned forward to squeeze the remaining water from his scarf, droplets catching the moonlight in sparks of white as they fell into the sand.

Storm irritated him so much, every action, every expression, every word from him sparking a wave of annoyance and dislike in Ayato; though, Ayato did feel curious as well. He wondered who exactly, this tiny purple drake was, what he'd done, to be so close to Athena. The ice dragoness didn't seem like the very open kind, so whatever crap Storm had done had certainly been significant to forge such a strong bond between them. It, however, wasn't his business, and he wouldn't pry.

"Why do you care so for a stranger? She tried to kill us, you know, and despite your claims that you want information, you're holding her so gently." The words were quiet, a whisper, unheard over the lapping of the waves, only the first sentence audible, and even then it could be mistaken for the winds, especially with Ayato's next words: "Do whatever you want, I couldn't care less." He sounded exactly like his words said, bored and disinterested, a mask he'd perfected so very long ago.

Though, he'd certainly broken it a bit, hadn't he, by offering his assistance? Even then, his eyes remained dull, flat, and dead, expressing not much emotion, and he never laughed. Not genuinely, at least.

Ayato listened to Athena's sharp remarks whipping out, her refusal to treat the female. Looks like someone held a grudge. He remained ever silent, though, almost like a quiet sentry looking out for them all, having nothing to add to the conversation.
Ayato
Ayato

Tribe : Ki'Sha

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:04 pm

// Sorry I didn't reply!

Storm nodded once to Athena's words. He hoped desperately that their captive would talk and that she wouldn't have to force information out of her. He wanted to prove to them that hurt, violence, and suffering were cruel and that they didn't have to resort to such extreme measures. He was thankful when she didn't snap at him when he requested for leaves to heal the female. Besides, if she didn't, he would get them himself.

All of those dragons died in the ocean in the battle, and he wasn't about to let this one die too.

"I care for a stranger because she is a dragon, just like us. How would you like it if you got your sides clawed up and then taken prisoner by us? You wouldn't like it, I can assure you. I'm just trying to make her pain less," Storm explained to Ayato, wishing he would understand.

He looked down at the female again, hoping she wouldn't die on him. Come on, Athy, where are you? He thought with concern. Almost immediately after he thought this, Athena came stumbling through the trees, the green leaves rustling a bit on her back.

Before he had time to react, she started pressing leaves to his back. He winced with surprise at the pain, but then relaxed his body to make her job easier. After a few minutes, the wound was all cleaned off. "Thanks, Athy," he gave her a small, tired smile. He was glad that she had his back... Literally, in this situation.

As he expected, she wouldn't help their captive and told him to do it. Though he did get a bit angry in his mind when she called the female an "it." Didn't anyone treat other dragons with some respect and realize that they were all equal dragons? Without arguing, he picked up some of the leaves and began to work on the wounds. When he was done, he laid her gently down by the fire.

Without saying another word to the two other dragons, as he was extremely tired at this point, he curled up by the fire, falling into his world of dreams almost instantly.

// Sorry for the rather non-descriptive post.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:35 am

(I'm ASSUMING since two of them are off snoring and one's being a lookout, we should have a timeskip? XD)
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:15 am

// Well both Athena and Ayato are awake. I don't know if you guys want your characters to have a conversation.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:52 am

//Fair point XD//
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:41 pm

I... don't know what they would talk about... But we can try and see where the conversation goes. xp --
Ayato
Ayato

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:54 am

Athena gave no verbal response to Storm. She just glared at the limp female as he laid her by the fire. Her blue chest, decorated with flecks of silver and turquoise, rose and fell in time with the waves. She was small, about Storm's size, but she had proven that she could kill without a problem. She was dangerous, and Athena couldn't understand why Storm would want to help someone who had just tried to kill them.

Because he has a kind heart, her eyes wandered to her sleeping friend, his amethyst scales gleaming in the firelight. He's foolish, but kind. Guilt prodded at her for her harsh attitude towards him, but she pushed it down, adverting her eyes before she started feeling miserable again. The only sounds she could hear were the sounds of the waves, the gentle breeze wafting through the air, and the cackling of the fire.

She looked at Ayato. "How's your wounds?" she asked. She didn't want him dying on the first day, and she certainly didn't want Scortia's wrath upon her and Storm for getting one of her precious Aliugaans slaughtered in battle. She felt a tad awkward, making small talk in the silence of the late evening.

The air was getting far colder, and her blackened feathers started to turn blue once more, growing soft and colorful once more. Sighing with relief, Athena arched her neck, enjoying both the heat from the flames and the cool from the wind. Finally, some weather she could be comfortable in. Her tail swished, spraying sand off into the trees. The half-moons were still stained with thick, dried blood.

(me neither, I guess we'll wing it? XD)
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:19 pm

pretty short, sorry. --

Ayato had no idea how Storm had heard him. Maybe he'd spoken louder than he'd thought; maybe the ocean's quiet whispering had been quieter than expected. Maybe Storm somehow had great hearing. However, he had no energy -- none -- to spare for these thoughts, so he cast them aside and stared out blankly. It wasn't that he missed home, yet he felt strangely tired. The ocean was beautiful, and he felt a strong pull to it. He wanted to be near it -- yet it would affect his health, chip away at his strength. But if he turned away from it, he would have to go near Storm and Athena, and he was honestly not in the mood for it.

He didn't turn to check. Such an action... It made him feel... weak... as if he cared greatly. It felt weird. Strange. Foreign. And her voice came out of nowhere.

"I'm alright," he said. It was the truth. His wounds stung like all normal injuries, but he was used to the little flares of pain, having gone through worse - who hadn't? Which 'fighter' didn't know the sting and bite of pain? It was his mind that had the problem. Exhaustion weighed down on him, a heavy weight. Not a physical problem. "I'm not going to die anytime soon," he remarked, then turned his head to eye Athena. "How's our friend?" His tail pointed to the sleeping rogue. "Must be really good to be so well taken of."
Ayato
Ayato

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:47 am

BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:36 am

(Sorrryyyyyyy! *begs for mercy*)

The fire provided a pleasant warmth that soaked through her scales and banished the icy chills from her bones. Athena loved the cold, she was born for it, but in her mind, there were two types of cold. No, three. One; the lovely temperatures she was used to and had been raised in. Two; the chills from awful things like freezing water. Three; the coldness that came with goosebumps at the sight of harrowing things. She'd felt all three.

"I'm alright," Ayato's voice dragged her from her contemplating. "I'm not going to die anytime soon," he added, turning his head slightly. "Okay, well..." she hesitated. She didn't want to come off as overly anxious for his wellbeing. "If it bothers you too much, uh... let me know." She abandoned the topic, talons twitching as awkwardness began to set in.

At Ayato's question, her cold blue eyes wandered to the young female laying on the sand. Her breath was steady, and the blood had stopped soaking through any bandages Storm had applied to her. Though Athena knew she wasn't alright. Her eyelids twitched every so often, her forehead crinkling slightly as if she were pained, her tailtip and talons shifting as if she were defending herself. Nightmares. She gazed at her face for a moment. A young, pretty face, with smooth, pristine blue scales with flecks of silver. The only thing that marred the perfection was the tiny scar on the underside of her chin, likely from a passing claw. What do you dream of? she wanted to ask.

Her own talons clenched when she realised what she was doing; worrying for one of them. She's a monster, like the rest of them, she thought darkly, her gaze hardening. Remembering the Aliugaan could see her expression, she quickly schooled her features, rearranging her face so no emotion showed. "Hmph, she's lucky I haven't strangled her in her sleep," she stated. She's alright in body. Hopefully she doesn't have amnesia in the morning," she gestured to the back of her own head, where she had struck the blue girl with the side of her Moon-Blades. The wyvern lapsed into silence for a while after that, just staring into the flames.

Nothing wrong with wanting to help.. right? His words from earlier bounced around the inside of her skull. Athena is the only dragon here who I.. don't feel on edge around. She looked at him again, this dark silhouette against the darkness of the glistening ocean. He was risking life and limb when he barely knew her and Storm. Would she have done the same for him? She had no clue. Her tail tapped an unsteady pattern on the sand as she contemplated on what to say next. Her eyes wandered to her brother, who was sleeping soundly. Her eyes softened as she watched him slumber for a few moments.

She knew she owed Ayato. Getting them free passes and coming with them on a dangerous mission. Originally, she'd planned for it to be just her and Storm, but now that she thought about it, leaving the Ki'sha would have been suicide. They would have tracked them down and slaughtered them both before she could explain herself. Technically, Ayato had saved their lives, in a way. Her snout crinkled as a slight grimace crept onto her face. Just another thing to add to the list of things I owe him for, she thought irritably. The scarf in the sandstorm, helping her get into the tribe, and now this. Sighing, the wyvern closed her eyes for a moment, swallowed her pride, and spoke. "..Thank you." The words tasted foreign on her tongue, as if she were trying to talk with acid in her mouth. Shifting her gaze to the dark blue male, Athena sighed quietly. "For the.. free passes, and everything."
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:55 pm

// Er, bump?
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:17 pm

*also begs for mercy for the wait and for small post* --

Seconds after that were all he needed to finally give in to the urge to check on his... His... He found himself struggling for words to describe the two dragons whose business he'd chosen to involve himself in. They were not companions, nor were they his friends, but maybe the term temporary allies would do. Oddly enough, they didn't feel to him as if they were just fellow Ki'Shans - to which he often felt no connection, almost a strange detachment - but something... more. Maybe it was because in the past few hours, he'd been through so much with them, he reasoned. Allies, he told himself firmly, nothing more, not friends, not anything!

But he felt relieved knowing Athena had someone at least, he found himself thinking as he turned to allow a glance at them when Athena spoke. Ayato wondered what exactly Athena was trying to communicate to him, then it hit him. Wait, was she worried? Strange, he thought, but he spoke the truth, he neither needed nor wanted help. He gave a grunt in response, but nothing more.

Storm was sleeping, the rogue was knocked out, and there was Athena, her claws tapping nervously on the sand. Athena's emotions were laid out bare for everyone to see, he thought as he watched her gaze move over to the rogue and harden, before smoothing back into blankness, presumably remembering that he was turned in her direction. "Your purple friend wouldn't be too pleased if you strangled her," he remarked in a low voice so as to avoid waking Storm up.

Athena spoke again when he turned back towards the ocean, if only to avoid having to make eye contact. He shrugged, and would've given her just that if not for the fact he knew how much it cost her to say it. "It was my pleasure as a..." he trailed off. Friend. "Fellow Ki'Shan." Friends, huh? He was sitting in the way a wolf might, on its haunches, but his head was cocked to one sight, almost in a sleepy manner as his mind moved on to contemplate the thought. Friends, what were they really? Did he need them? No, he did not, he reasoned, but he was rather curious, though he would never admit it to anyone.

"Don't you want to sleep?"

. . . "Sleep well, Aratius." . . .

Old memories were coming back. He grimaced and sighed, turning his way this way and that as if it would rid him of voices.

"Where is father? Mother? Kathyea?" . . .
Ayato
Ayato

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:50 am

( Storm bullied me into typing this XD )

"Your purple friend wouldn't be too pleased if you strangled her," was Ayato's response, spoken with little emotion. Athena scanned his face with one eye, trying to decipher what he was feeling. However, it was impossible to figure out what the sea blue male was thinking beneath the aura of calm and indifference he always displayed. She knew that under the tranquil sky, an angry sea was churning, bursting with thoughts and emotions like her own. Half of her wanted to dive right in and sea what went on inside that sea of his, the other wanted to steer clear.

A confusing dilema.

To conceal her thoughts, Athena snorted a cloud of blue mist in response to his words. "Don't remind me. He wants peace. Won't fight unless he absolutely has to," she said. She inclined her head slightly, feathers standing on end. "Still. He's a dragon worthy of respect."

Her eyes shot to the back of Ayato's head, her tail lifting slightly at his words. His muscular form was framed by moonlight, the way he sat reminding her of a canine. Lone wolf. Fellow Ki'Shan. Was that all they were to each other? She had no idea, though she felt a strange.. pull, towards him, like a moth trying to resist the light of a fire, only to be inevitably drawn ever closer to its death.

"Don't you want to sleep?" he said, dragging her out of her trance. Now that he'd said it, she did feel tired. "Aye, I suppose so." She rose and moved back towards the trees. She searched the branches until she found what she was looking for, thick vines. With a swish of her tail, she cut down a few, took some sticks and returned to the fire.

Tossing the sticks onto it for fuel, she approached the unconscious dragoness. Using the vines, she clamped her jaws together, tied her talons together and her wings to her flanks. If she woke up before they did, she wouldn't get very far. That is, if she wasn't strong enough to break the vines on her jaws and legs.

"If your cuts start hurting too much, wake me up," was all she said before she turned away from him and Storm. Striding past the fire, she walked up to the tree closest to them, a palm tree with a thick trunk, and climbed up. Wrapping her tail around where the leaves met the trunk, she slowly let go and hung upside down, tucking her wings into her sides. Now resembling a large white bat, she covered her face with her wings and shut her eyes.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:19 pm

Timeskip to when they wake up? --
Ayato
Ayato

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next