Dragons Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Dragon’s Haven
Latest topics
» Rateevko- Lord of Sleep
by Oculus Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:03 pm

» Simple fish gathering (Open)
by Bellabear.INK Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 pm

» Deuce
by Oculus Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:56 pm

» Deuce
by Meteor Ace Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:46 pm

» Tharasis
by Tharasis Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:52 pm

» A Dinner for All (Open)
by Veokia Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:48 pm

» I guess this is an introduction
by Oculus Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

» Isadore Frost
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

» Asherna Ky'aelri
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:30 pm

» Pearl
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

» The Faceless Librarian
by Solarlight and Darksky Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:24 pm

» Ilinui
by ChicoryWielder Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm

» Pearl Starweaver
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm

» Veraasí Sâleesh
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:27 pm

» Viddera, NightStalker NEEDS APPROVAL
by EmriTheUnstoppable Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Bond of Power (Private with Athena)

5 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Bond of Power (Private with Athena) - Page 2 Empty Bond of Power (Private with Athena)

Post by Storm Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Storm felt the beat of his heart in his chest as he walked. The desert sand felt unpleasant underneath his talons. It suck in between his talons and bugged him. Why did he even join the Ki'Sha in the first place? He had that thought a lot. It was in the literal worst place in all of Nuira. The desert. It was TOO HOT and made everything feel as dry as a bone. He just had to keep in mind that this MIGHT be temporary. He had to figure that part out once Daydris was gone and he had Sarah again.

Oh, his beautiful daughter. How he missed her. He tried not to think about her, but it was inevitable. It felt like a piece of his heart was missing that nobody could fill. He shoved the thoughts away that maybe she wasn't alive and kept walking. He searched the faces of the dragons in the tribe, trying to swallow his hope in case it was false.

There were rumors that a new dragon had joined the tribe. A pure white dragon. An ice dragon. Why would she join a tribe in the desert,
though?
his mind nagged. She's more vulnerable to heat, since she is an ice dragon. He pushed his legs forward, wondering where she would be.

There. A flash of white. Was it her?

"Athena!" he called out, knowing that he would probably look like an idiot if it wasn't her. By this time his heart beat wildly as he tried to find her.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Bond of Power (Private with Athena) - Page 2 Empty Re: Bond of Power (Private with Athena)

Post by Athena Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:36 am

(Oh yeah! I remember that haha)

In correspondence to Storm's thoughts, sand obstructed the view of the sky, and once again Athena was shrouded in sand that whistled over the cave and prevented her from hearing any approaching enemies. Such circumstances were enough for the wyvern's pupils to thin.

Storm spoke again, and his words made Athena's tail twitch. He was right. It had been almost twenty years since she'd run from her 'family,' and gods know how they'd assembled themselves now. If Daydris was one thing, he was ambitious, and Athena dreaded to find out what sort of army he'd assembled himself.

"I know you can't be gone for too long," Storm said. "But Athy." He hesitated suddenly, and Athena's feathers twitched as she met his eyes, raising an eye-ridge. What Storm said next, was both understandable and heart-breaking. He couldn't stay in the Ki'Sha, and Athena agreed with him. She was meant for a life like this, without the risk of growing big and lazy, a life of challenge and brutality. Him? She was no fortune teller, but Storm was meant for greater things. Still, no hint of a smile came to her face. Somehow, she knew this was coming.

After a few seconds, Storm looked up, met her eyes and spoke. "Maybe you can visit me? When you can?" Athena bit her lower jaw, allowing a sigh to escape her. He was so.. Positive, and it was almost contagious, but Storm led with his heart, she led with her head. She wouldn't be able to see him often, if she got out at all.

"Storm.." suddenly, saying his name produced a lump in her throat. I.. the 'ice warrior' was reduced to a stammering, emotional mess in a matter of moments, with just a few, simple words. Even if I could climb the ranks high enough to get out, we would barely ever see each other.

She raised her head slightly, arching her neck as she put on a brave face. Storm was her brother, and she would support him. But I won't stop you. Once this is over, you can go forge your own path. Find Sarah. Salty tears stung the back of her eyes and she quickly blinked them away before they could be noticed. When this is over, and my mission has been fulfilled.. I suppose I'll fly with the winds.. See where they take me, y'know? she tried to smile, but it came out as more of a grimace.

She swished her tail. For now, we must prepare. When the sandstorm subsides, we leave.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Bond of Power (Private with Athena) - Page 2 Empty Re: Bond of Power (Private with Athena)

Post by Storm Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:04 am

"Even if I could climb the ranks high enough to get out, we would barely ever see each other."

The words felt like a weight being crushed on top of Storm. A hard lump formed in his throat and refused to go down. He tried to stay strong and not show how much it affected him, because it wasn't even time to say goodbye. Maybe not for a little while. WHY DOES LIFE HAVE TO BE SO CRUEL, his mind wailed.

"But I won't stop you. Once this is over, you can go forge your own path. Find Sarah." Athena mentioning the name of his daughter sent more emotion racking his body.

He started to tremble slightly, hopefully not enough to notice. How much more do I have to lose in life?! Atrex, Sarah, now Athy? It hurt almost too much to bear. He desperately wanted Sarah back in his life... And Atrex. Why couldn't things just go back to the way they used to be?

"When this is over, and my mission has been fulfilled.. I suppose I'll fly with the winds.. See where they take me, y'know?"

He took a deep breath and looked up at his best friend. He wondered what she meant by that. "Does that mean you aren't going back to the Ki'Sha?" he wondered, refusing to let his voice shake. He thought of things that they might be able to do even if she was in the Ki'Sha. Maybe they could meet once a month or something. When the moon is full. Have a place where they could find each other.

"For now, we must prepare. When the sandstorm subsides, we leave."

Storm nodded, accepting the change of subject. They had more pressing matters to deal with, plus they still had more time together. "Yes, about that," he said. He turned around to a small carry bag that he had at the other side of the room. He picked it up and rummaged through it for a second before pulling out two bracelets. They were two wires intertwined to create the bracelet. In the middle there was a beautiful blus sapphire. Both of them were identical.

"So," he started uncertainly. "This may sound kind of... Cheesy, but I made these in my free time. I thought that we could both wear them. That way, when we are separated, we will still remind ourselves of each other and that we can always go to the other in times of trouble." He looked slightly embarrassed, wondering if it was something that Athena would even like.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:58 pm

Athy said I could join, so I hope Storm's okay with it c': Sorry if it feels like I'm intruding. --

Ayato's duties had ended for the day, and he was wondering where the hell Athena was. Not that he was concerned about her wellbeing, of course; he was just worried about how much trouble she'd kicked up in the period of his absence. This was perhaps her second week with the Ki'Sha, and she'd already run into a lot of trouble, usually needing Ayato to settle the situation - not that she was doing too badly by herself. They usually crossed paths some way of another, as if the Fates wanted to push her into his life as often as possible, but today, even after a while of aimless wandering that wasted way too much of his energy, he couldn't find her.

Oh well. Hold up, was that a blink of white vanishing around a corner? Switching directions, he snarled, "Hey, watch it," at a female hatchling who'd tripped and crashed into him. He stared pointedly at her mother, who bowed her head low in an apology before pulling her child away, muttering in a chiding voice, and he quickly resumed walking, following Athena. He rounded the corner, in time to see her with a purple male who was standing next to her - too close for his liking, and Ayato narrowed his eyes, tilting his head in a question that would not be answered, before following after them, trailing at a distance that would not seem too suspicious. Even if it looked like he was following them, the other Ki'Shans would have enough sense to stay away. Both walked at a hurried speed, which he matched easily (he made it a point to walk fast; height didn't mean he couldn't match the pace of larger dragons), and his narrowed gaze filled with suspicion as they stepped out of Ki'Shan territory.

You didn't do that unless you had permission, or planned to leave. Even then, your absence would be noticed quickly, and everyone would be hunting for you. Then a price would be placed upon your head, a burdening inconvenience to carry around. But with a sigh that went unheard, he followed after them, watching as both disappeared into a shelter of some sort. Home. Temporary refuge. Whatever. Their backs were to him, so he took the chance to duck behind one of the misshapen boulders that rose from the ground. He was hesitant to eavesdrop, finding it a very rude thing to do, but when he finally coaxed himself into doing in, heard Athena's cool, clear voice mentioning someone from her uncle's clan attacking her.

He bristled slightly, and listened as she laid out her plans. And took off in a burst of speed, back to the Ki'Sha; the terrified Ki'Shans below watched him rip through the clear blue sky above, and whispered questions that he ignored. He found an Aliugaan loitering near the castle, and alighted, composing himself just enough to ask her to do him a favour and pass a message to the Kuz'a. He, an Ugfei and the new Ki'Shan Athena would be leaving Ki'Shan temporarily, for perhaps a month or more, to hunt down old enemies who were threatening to cross Ki'Shan borders. His eyes gleamed with purpose, hopefully enough to convince the female Alugaan, and at last she nodded her head and said to him commandingly: "Return with their heads. Good luck."

Ayato lifted his head slightly. "Oh, I will," he promised quietly, and turned away, once more taking into flight, a swift shadow blotting out the sky. He crossed out of Ki'Shan lands only to find a sandstorm growing in strength, whipping up sand with its dagger-like winds, and couldn't help but recall how he'd met Athena. One to enter the Ki'Sha with her, one to leave. He squined, trying to see through the darned sandstorm, and spotted a blink of grey through the tan of the sand, and dived down, folding his sensitive wings tight to his side and barreling into the small shelter.

There was, thankfully, still space for him.

"I see that I've intruded upon a... touching moment," he drawled, "and if I were decent, I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not decent, so too bad. Don't worry, I didn't hear much, only something about a Sikka clan." Then he added, "I got free passes for you two to leave the Ki'Sha. So you can go hunt down your uncle all you like, but I'm coming along, because three has a slightly higher though almost nonexistent chance of surviving." He shrugged. "To cut the crap, I'm coming."
Ayato
Ayato

Tribe : Ki'Sha

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:00 am

At Storm's inquiry, Athena would tilt her head. Oh, I'lol stay for a bit, she said. And if it doesn't work out, well.. Y'know, as I said. I'll follow the wind. She flicked her tail, listening to the sound of the blade scraping against the sandy floor. Storm.. Dread filled her at the idea of being separated from her brother. She knew it was inevitable, but.. Already she was grieving.

She could go with him, she knew that, go to the Stormcallers, but.. Storm needed his own path. To forge his own adventures. She knew they'd always stay closer then ever, and that was a small comfort. The warrior suppressed the lump in her throat, intrigue lighting her gaze as Storm turned to rummage through a small bag, raising an eye-ridge. What's he up to now? She wondered as he turned.

In his paws were two bracelets, clearly handcrafted by Storm. Athena tilted her head, and then her eyes widened as she realised what they were. As Storm spoke, she would study the duo with her eyes, gazing at the sapphires that gleamed in the dim light. She met Storm'e eyes. I love them.. she said softly. The warrior smiled a tiny smile, and went to gently take one of the bracelets-

When someone barrelled into the shelter.

Athena would freeze, for a few seconds, not wanting to turn her head to see who it was. It's him.. She thought. He's here! Just after Ayato would finish speaking, she would turn and kick off the floor, letting out a roar that shook the cave as she lunged for who she thought was Daydris. Rage and a lust for vengeance overwhelmed her as she aimed to tackle the blasted lizard to the ground.

She only seen the purple scarf as she crashed into poor Ayato.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:10 am

// Of course you can join, Ayato! :D

Storm listened to Athena. "Well if you do end up just following the wind, you can always come visit me," he said with a small smile. He really didn't want them to be separated. For who knows how long. He didn't know if he would ever see her again after all of this. Was it worth staying in the Ki'Sha to be with his soulmate? Was it worth the desert heat and the sticky sand? Was it worth being with a clan that obviously wasn't for him?

He knew he couldn't stay. He had to go find somewhere where he belonged. But don't you belong with your best friend and sister? his mind kept asking him.

"I love them," Athena said, her eyes looking like they were filled with emotion. A tiny smile appeared on his face and Storm smiled back. It was rare. To see a pure smile on her face. But when he saw it, it made him so happy.

She reached to take one of the wire bracelets. But just as she did, he heard someone outside. Athena roared and slammed the door down, tackling the dragon on the other side.
Daydris? he thought with sudden panic. Despite his fear, he ran outside after Athena.

// Sorry, kind of a short post.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:22 am

Good to hear! Thanks~ ^^ --

Ayato didn't know what he was expecting, but definitely not something so enthusiastic. Ha ha, more like hostile; he saw the bloodlust and thirst for vengeance flash in Athena's furious glare, as dangerous as light bouncing off the polished blade of a dagger. Goodness knew how the cave managed to remain standing even after the roar that reverberated about the small area. Instinct seizing hold of him, Ayato shoved Athena off with brute strength that he rarely used, and paused just in time to hold himself back from lashing out. Instead he stood, a scowl already resting on his face. There were several responses that he could throw into Athena's face, but settled for a calmer one, snapping, "Well, I thought you'd be thankful for the free passes I've got for you two, but apparently not." A huff of annoyance escaped him as he leveled a glare at Athena, then at Storm. "You're an Ugfei, correct?"

Sorry for short - I had barely any time to type more than that. --
Artemise
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:46 am

Athena cracked a smile at Storm's words. If that happens, you'll be my first stop.

Ayato?!

There he was, the sneaky rat. Athena's eyes widened as she stared down at the face of her ally, who clearly was shocked and angry at the sudden attack. Athena's tail had curled over her head, like a scorpion's tail, and for a second was pointed down at his throat. I could have killed you, she realised, all of this in a split second.

With a strength she hadn't realised he had, Ayato gave her a shove that sent her into the air. She slammed against the wall of the cave, but didn't fall, grunting as her spine wailed in pain. Landing on all fours, she glared at him indignantly. With his usual seriousness, Ayato rose, a scowl plastered onto his face.

She half expected him to curse at her, tell her he was reporting this, that kind of thing. Instead, Ayato merely snapped at her. "Well I thought you'd be thankful for the free passes I've got for you two, but apparently not." He glared at her and Athena returned it with an equally fierce glower of her own.

Ayato then shifted his gaze to Storm, a motion that made the feathers on Athena's back rise. He asked Storm of his rank as she moved away from the cave wall, wondering how it was still standing. She was glad it was, because she would have felt bad for ruining poor Storm's work.

What the hell are you doing here? she demanded, thankfully more relaxed then when Ayato had first entered the room. And how did you find us? she added, suddenly worried that he'd tell the Ku'za they were outside the borders. It was then she remembered, his words. Free passes? then she remembered, he'd mentioned hearing about the Sikka clan. In the moment, she'd been too afraid to see or hear who it was.

He had been listening in.

The warrior's eye would narrow as she stalked up to Ayato, glaring daggers into his eyes. Tell me, dearest Ayato, a dangerous rumbling, a growl, was lying beneath the tone. Why were you listening in on a private conversation?
Only Storm could see her tail twitch.
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:40 am

Storm smiled at her when she said that he'd be her first stop if she ever just followed the winds.

The most confused expression appeared on his face as he saw a male that Athena seemed to recognize. Though when he threw Athena off of him, Storm made a warning growl. He was ready to fight if need be. Then he realized what he said. Free passes to leave? That would definitely make things easier. He listened to the conversation starting between them. He stayed in a defensive position, though, in case he needed to fight.

Then the new dragon asked him a question. "You're an Ugfei, correct?"

Storm nodded once in confirmation. He watched Athena as she started to growl at the dragon. "Tell me, dearest Ayato," she started. Then it clicked in his mind. So that's Ayato. Hopefully he hadn't heard him make fun of Athena about her liking him. That would probably be an unpleasant conversation.

"Why were you listening in on a private conversation?" Athena's tail twitched. Storm wasn't sure what that subtle sign meant? Was she going to attack? Was she nervous that he had heard what Storm said about Athena liking him?

"Not only that," he interjected, "but also why do you want to come with us? Seems kind of suspicious. You want to travel across all of Nuira with us, when none of this involves you? I am not sure I buy it." He kept a hard, questioning look on his face as he watched Ayato.

//Oops, wrong account. Sorry
Fate
Fate

http://untamedskiesrp.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:31 pm

Athena's tail was poised over her head in a deadly stance that meant she'd been about to lunge forward and rip his throat out, no further than he'd been from pinning her down with his tail braced against her throat. Somehow, the blades still managed to capture the weak light filtering in through the grains of the sand that the wind stirred up, and shone, ever-polished and clean. His eyes shone through narrowed slits, his legs braced apart, ready to retaliate if Athena ever charged at him again, but other than that showed no visible signs of ill-intent. He wasn't going to apologise for shoving her off - who'd asked her to attack him anyway? As if her uncle would waltz in and announce that he wasn't a decent dragon when everyone knew that already; whoever he was, he definitely wasn't that stupid. Though, the stupider the better for them.

Ayato matched Athena's glare with his own, as if both were sparring with their eyes, seeing whose would be too intense for the other. Although he did wonder how the shelter was still standing; it must be sturdier than it looked from the outside. Storm hadn't done a bad job, Ayato would give him that, but how would be fare as a fully-fledged Ugaan? What he didn't know was that the purple-scaled male wasn't intent on staying, and it was perhaps for the best that Ayato remain ignorant of this fact, because Ayato wouldn't want to work with a traitor.

He could see the question rising in Athena's eyes, their colour shining with anger and confusion; she was wondering what he had meant by 'free passes', and they continued staring at each other in tense silence that draped itself over them like an unwanted blanket. He could see her feathers bristle at his glance towards the Ugfei, and marveled at how her feathers betrayed her emotions all the time, when her face could remain so still and calm. Confusion stood stark on her face now, though some tension fell away from her limbs, their tight grip vanishing. Annoyance crossed his face. "Well, I'm here to...help you, duh, didn't I state that already?" he said impatiently, pretending that he hadn't hesitated at the word help. "And I saw you by luck actually. Your feathers are pretty bright and eye-catching." He snorted.

Then realisation dawned on her face, which only drew more anger from that knowledge. "Your opinion of me is so low. How my heart aches for approval. I did say I wasn't decent, but I don't eavesdrop on others' conversations, because I would rip out the throat of anyone who did that to me. And I'm not a hypocrite," he snapped. "I only heard the part where you were laying out your plans to hunt down whatever clan your uncle is in. Others, no, and I'm glad for it, because that means I missed out on touching moments."

To Storm, he tossed him a look that dripped disdain and scorn, to match the Ugfei's 'hard' look, which did not intimidate him, only bounced off him, seeing that he'd endured much worse. "Oh, it's totally because I'm your uncle's ally and wish to ruin your plans. I also happen to have a lot of free time," he said, each word laced with biting sarcasm. "No, it's because I-" (I care.) "-don't want to see Athena wiped off the face of the earth permanently." He paused, then amended hastily, "I don't want the Ki'Sha to lose a good warrior. Why not accompany her and help her destroy an enemy while at it?" He leveled a glare at Storm. "Obviously Athena has been whispering terrible rumours about me. Though, you do have a right to be suspicious." He shrugged. "If you want me to turn back right now, it's kind of too late, I already informed the Kuz'a that we'll be disappearing temporarily."
Ayato
Ayato

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:49 am

Ayato took up a defensive stance, clearly wary if she'd attack again. He was surprisingly strong, for a dragon shorter then her. At his glare, Athena's glower would harden further, as she inwardly tossed all of the known Universal curses at his face. The awkward, tense silence that followed was not welcome, but Athena wouldn't be the first to look away. Her pride wouldn't allow it.

How much had he heard? That part spiked worry inside of her. Please, tell me he didn't hear Storm's taunting me, she begged the gods above. She searched his expression and found no indication that he had heard such things. Nor was he acting differently towards her. No, he was still the arrogant, rude and utterly unattractive male she had met at the Ki'Sha borders. Good.

Storm spoke up, speaking words that Athena agreed wholeheartedly with, and voiced this with a slight incline of her head. Ayato was not obliged to help them, nor did he have any sort of emotional attachment to the two of them. He didn't have anything to gain from assisting them. Storm was right. What are you up to? she wanted to ask, but instead expressed it with her eyes, silently asking that question through the confused and angry expression that they were locked in.

At their little 'interrogation,' an irritated look crossed Ayato's face. "Well, I'm here to help you, duh," He said. "Didn't I state that already?" Athena didn't buy it. Not for one second. She liked Ayato, but as long as they didn't know his intentions inside and out, she wouldn't trust him. Not. One. Ounce. So, the ice warrior stayed stern, standing in front of him and blocking a clear path to Storm. The fact that he had paused at the word 'help' didn't help matters.

Ayato's comment about her feathers made them rise with indignation, as an angry scowl twisted Athena's usually stone-cold mask of an expression. In response, she just huffed, her tail twitching again as she pictured all the ways she could kill this guy. Although, granted, he was very amusing, so she'd keep him alive for a little bit. Just a bit.

Ayato grew rather angry when she dared suggest he was eavesdropping. She almost laughed when he uttered 'oh how my heart aches for approval,' but managed to keep her expression from moving, save for a slight twitch of the corners of her mouth. At his mentioning of 'touching moments,' she would bristle again. "Excuse me?" she growled.

As Ayato turned his head to look at Storm, Athena's slowly relaxing form would stiffen again. She bared her fangs in a warning at the expression he wore. Don't touch him. The message was clear enough by the look on her face.

Ayato proceeded to talk pure sarcasm, something that removed her angry expression and replaced it with an annoyed one. Athena raised an eyeridge, however, when Ayato said 'I don't want to see Athena wiped off the face of the earth permanently.' There was a pause, where she would stare at Ayato with just.. bewilderment, before he'd give the most obvious reason in the world for wanting to preserve her wellbeing. At his words to Storm about her 'whispering terrible rumors about him,' a slight flush would cover her cheeks.

Athena huffed and stepped away. "Well, thank you so much for you generosity, Aliugaan," she drawled, sarcasm lacing her words. "We are eternally in your debt." She swished her tail, spraying sand off to the right. A smirk appeared on her face, breaking the circle of angry-annoyed-angry-annoyed. "It's nice to know you think I'm a good enough fighter to keep alive. It's very flattering," she gave him an innocent smile before she would back away to Storm's side. Then, she would listen for when the sandstorm would completely perish, awaiting the others' replies as she did so.

Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:19 pm

Storm watched all of this play out, still tense. He had put too much trust in dragons before and didn't want to let down his guard just yet. He still had scars from those encounters.What should I do? Use your brain, Storm, while him and Athy are talking! He thought about what details him and Athena should keep to themselves, if Ayato hadn't heard all of it. He wanted to make sure that he had no destructive information if he betrayed them.

First of all, he wouldn't tell him too much info about Athy's uncle. Because who knows? He could be under Daydris' command! That was a scary thought, knowing that he would be traveling with them. He shivered slightly.

Second, he really didn't want Ayato to know that he was leaving the Ki'Sha as soon as this was over. Storm didn't know what they did when dragons left the tribe secretly, but he didn't want to find out, at least until the time had come. He started to feel emotions well up again at the thought of leaving Athena. STOP IT, STORM! his mind growled at him. He didn't need to worry about that right now. But it still hurt, knowing that it was inevitable and that it was approaching.

He snapped out of his thoughts when Ayato started speaking again. He said that he was there to help them and said that he only heard the part of the plan to defeat Daydris. Kind of suspicious to him, that he only heard that part, of all of them.

Then Ayato turned to him and shot him a glare. Storm didn't back down at all or cower under that venomous stare. "Oh, it's totally because I'm your uncle's ally and wish to ruin your plans. I also happen to have a lot of free time," he said, sarcasm dripping from his voice. It made him want to slam him in the head with one of the rocks lying around, but he kept his temper. "No, it's because I don't want to see Athena wiped off the face of the earth permanently. I don't want the Ki'Sha to lose a good warrior."

Storm's mind whirled. Are you sure that's the only reason you want to go? his thoughts whispered. He glanced quickly at Athena. In his thoughts he kept interrogating him, wishing he could get the answers. Or do you have an interest in Athena? Or do you work for Daydris and want to stab my back the second you get the chance?

Then Athena joined the sarcasm battle before Storm had a chance to say anything. They were getting nowhere with this conversation. He felt as if he was cornered. Do they let Ayato come? If they did, they were putting themselves at serious risk, seeing how he could be trouble. But if they didn't, he could inform the tribe that they left and have the whole Ki'Sha hunt them down. No choice seemed right.

"But why do you want to go with us?" he spoke up. "What's in it for you?" He changed his stare to less of a glare, but was just as serious. If this strange dragon did end up going with them, he didn't want to make him an enemy.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:49 am

Ayato sighed when Athena glowered at him for the simple act of looking at Storm. "Do stop with that unpleasant glaring," he said, once more glancing at Storm, who seemed to be trying his best to put up a brave, strong face. Oh, he could see why Athena liked Storm. And he didn't quite like it, but voiced out none of his thoughts. "What, is he your possession or something? Do I have to pay to look at him?" He couldn't quite help the slight sneer that mingled with the irritation in his voice. He tilted his head at Athena. "In your debt? Hm, that's nice to hear," he said, the tiniest bit of sarcasm lacing his voice, but the life seemed to have suddenly left his eyes, leaving them dull again. He was so weary of everything, suddenly.

Really, it seemed like sarcasm and dislike for everyone else around him was the only thing that kept him going.

To Storm he gave a small dip of his head, acknowledgement that the purple male had a right to be wary of him. "I understand," he said, his voice level. "I do not actually know why I want to follow you two." Ayato's face was expressionless, his gaze oddly distant as he locked eyes with Athena. "I just know that I acted on impulse, following my heart instead of my head. It happens often. Thank you oh so much for giving me the chance to rethink my actions. But Athena's perhaps the only dragon here in the Tribe who I... I don't feel on edge around. Nothing wrong with wanting to... help, right?" The word tasted so foreign in his mouth.

He felt like the hatchling he was that day. Didn't like it.

"Thing is, if you don't want me to come, just say it. I'll go off. Gods above, I need a break. Maybe I'll visit my family... If they're still alive." He blinked, and the dislike and sarcasm seemed to return to his eyes. "Really, I do understand your suspicions of me, but if you've something private to do on your journey, alright, yeah, I ain't going to intrude."
Artemise
Artemise

Tribe : Kaamil

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:59 am

Athena would huff at Ayato's request to 'stop that unpleasant glaring.' "I'll stop glaring whenever you choose to stop that unsightly scowling you're always doing," she retorted. When he made the comment about Storm, a low growl would escape the depths of her throat, her eyes narrowing when she detected the mocking tone underlying his words. "I'm sure people would pay more to look at his face then yours," she spat, before she sat back next to her friend.

Suddenly, she felt.. tired. Worn out from the conversation. She didn't even reply to Ayato's comment about being 'in his debt,' only flicking her tail in response. This was exhausting, they were going nowhere. As Ayato addressed Storm, she allowed her guard to drop slightly, her shoulders unwinding themselves.

Ayato locked eyes with her, and she felt a slight chill run down her spine. She inclined her head slightly, curiosity lighting her gaze as he spoke. She was silent for a moment, contemplating his words. I wouldn't have thought he'd feel somewhat comfortable with me, she thought as she gazed at him with eagle's eyes. It didn't seem to be a ploy.

When Ayato dared suggest he leave, her feathers rose.Don't, she said sharply. She sighed. "We'll let you come." His remark, though, caused hostility to return to her veins. "What are you implying?" she demanded, eyes narrowing.

After a moment, the warrior would sigh and rub her face with a wing, gazing at the sandy earth for a moment. Then, she'd stand. "I guess we'd.. better get going." There was no point in staying. They may as well get going now, before another sandstorm hit. Athena did not want to relieve the experience of being tossed about like a pingpong ball again.

(short post is short ;_; sorry!)
Athena
Athena

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:40 am

Storm noticed by now that the sandstorm was letting up. Good, he thought, We can leave this sandy torture soon. Ayato spoke up, telling Athena to not glare at him when he looked at Storm.

"What, is he your possession or something? Do I have to pay to look at him?" he said. Wow, this dragon sure knew how to get on someone's nerves. Storm resisted the urge to knock him out cold.

"I'm sure people would pay more to look at his face then yours," Athena retorted to his comment. If it was less of a serious situation, he would have laughed. But he held it in, only showing his amusement by the slightly less seriousness in his eyes.

Ayato went on to say that he didn't know why he came, and that he was acting on impulse to follow Athena. Storm knew that would not make Athena happy. So he does like her, he thought. That must be why he wants to come. He mentally tried to figure out Ayato and his intentions.

For a moment, he seemed to be intimate, saying how if they didn't want them to come, that would be fine, and so on. Athena stopped him, telling him that it was fine if he came. Storm didn't fully trust him, but he did trust Athena and her judgement.

"I guess we'd.. better get going." She spoke slowly. He looked around, noticing that the sandstorm almost completely stopped now.

He nodded. "Okay. I'm itching to get going anyway." He turned back into his little makeshift hut and grabbed his small bag, slinging it around his neck. He then grabbed the bracelets that were on the floor. He wiped sand off of them and put one on. He looked around, making sure that he didn't need anything else. Not much else was in his little place, except for a few scrolls he read.

He walked outside again. He handed the other bracelet to Athena, keeping Ayato in his peripheral vision. "Here you go," he spoke softly.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayato Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:05 am

Ayato rolled his eyes. "Oh, so now it's a contest of whose face is nicer to look at? Nice of you to inform me." He sounded kind of tired, though - all this bickering was getting on his nerves, grating away at his patience. He had never liked standing around doing useless stuff when there was so much you could accomplish doing in that span of time. From what he saw in Athena's eyes, she felt the same, and as for that purple drake standing in the corner... Hmph, who cares what he thought, but he seemed decent enough, so Ayato would put up with him. Not to mention that Storm was willing to come with Athena, and Ayato was glad that she at least had someone who she could rely on.

He really did mean his words, though. He would go if she wanted. Explore a bit. Feel... Free. This, like the word help, felt oddly foreign to him, but he did wonder if his family still lived. Hmm... He was contemplating those options when Athena told him not to go. What had compelled her to do so...? But oh well, he wasn't going to question her decisions.

The sandstorm was decreasing in intensity now, the flurry of sand not as thick and opaque as it had been earlier. Ayato backed off when Storm handed Athena another bracelet, and turned his attention away to let them do whatever they wanted without him gaping at them or whatever. Once the sandstorm had completely left them, he stepped out. Trusting Athena to lead them.
Ayato
Ayato

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next